Help me winning the Poke Tournament of my classroom

Hi everybody, me and my high school classmates organized a tournament in FR/LG. Would like to have your suggestion to make a good team, especially considering the rules we are using for the tournament:

1)We can use only the pokemon available in the two games: therefore all Kanto pokedex, plus the few Gen II pokemon available in game. No trade from other generations are allowed.
2) We can have only one legendary; Mewtwo and Deoxys are banned, but it's possible to choose Lugia or Ho-Oh.
3)Specie clause, sleep clause.
4)Perish Song, Baton Pass, Fissure & similar moves are banned.
5)It's mandatory to have the starter in our team.

Consider the particular context in which we play, I haven't found all the guides on the web truly useful for my situation.

Anyway, that's the team I thought about (a sort of incomplete TSS team):

1684249476061.png

Skarmory; @ Lum Berry
N: Careful
A: Sturdy

-Spikes
-Roar
-Steel Wing
-Taunt

My lead pokemon. Main work of this Skarm is to set spikes as soon as possible, sponge physical hits and phaze away dangerous set-up pokemon.
Steel Wing over Drill Peak 'cause I'm too lazy to breed a Skarmory with that move (yeah, that really sucks), also the chance of increasing Ph. Def. could be kinda useful.
Taunt as a last move, since I can teach Rest to only one pokemon (roost ,I miss you so much).

1684249935747.png

Blissey; @ Leftovers
N: Bold
A: Natural Cure

-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Soft Boiled
-Ice beam/Thunderwave

I don't think it's very necessary for me to explain what this Blissey should do. Very classic usage here. Still some doubts about the last move.

1684250457061.png

Tyranitar; @ Leftovers
N: Adamant
A: Sand stream

-Crunch
-Earthwake
-Rock Slide
-Fire Blast

Since the extreme lack of Dark pokemon I have to face, I feel like Tyranitar is totally mandatory for me. Since my team lack of Fire and Dark offensive moves, I opted for a Mixed Tyr with Adamant nature. I only have 2 leftovers available in game, and decided to give one to it since no Rest.
Would it be a worth it to breed a Tyranitar with DragonDance?

1684250853202.png

Venusaur; @ Lum Berry

-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect/Sleep Powder

Since I'm forced to use a starter, I decided to go with Venusaur since it looks to me compatible with the playstyle I have in mind. A defensive and classic moveset, with a big doubt about the last moveslot since we use sleep clause. Nevertheless, I feel like sleep powder is used at the right time could help me gaining momentum and shutting down a potential tricky situation. Also giving me a free chance to leech seed the opp. Still,if the asleep pokemon is took out the battlefield I literally play with 3 moves slot.

1684251294582.png

Lugia; @ Lum Berry

-Toxic
-Aeroblast
-Whirlwind/Earthwake/Thunderbolt
-Recover

Since I can teach Toxic to only one pokemon, I decided to put that move in a stronghold. Defensive Lugia is here to sponge hits, and intoxicate the opponent.
Since the general passivity of my team, I think would be good to sacrifice Whirlwind to an offensive move. Especially Thunderbolt, since I totally lack an offensive electric move in my team. But Earthwake, on the other hand, has better synergy with Aeroblast.

1684251907089.png

Slowbro; @ Lum Berry

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest/Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind

Main work of this guy is to setup when his potential threats are gone, and then win the match. Surf to have a nice stab, and finally a water move, and Ice beam which gives good coverage. Doubts about Rest/Shadowball, but I think the first could be better since Slowbro will have his role also midgame.

What do you think of this team? Starmie and Gengar were also strongly considered as a 6th member, but in the end I decided for Slowbro.

Feel free to share with me your suggestions.

Yeah it’s kind of a weird metagame (I also assume you’re playing on cart, so you won’t have access to good Ivs and multiple tms). Honestly, a cool idea I had while reading your post is to build around choice band lugia, mag, and curse lax. Curse lax + mag feels like it auto wins against a bunch of possible structures. Choice band lugia is a cool wall breaker and esp w mag support is almost unwallable if you get rid of tar (assuming your classmates at least kinda know how to play adv).

how good are your classmates? A sample team under your constraints is

:lugia: choice band
:magneton: magnet
:Snorlax: lefties
:venusaur: Chesto berry
:suicune: are we allowing good iv Suicune?) (if not, slowbro is a good choice) lefties (you can get more than one lefties)
:donphan: Lum berry (just realized you can only get 2)

general idea: use your venu and lugia to help wall break for curse + rest sball snorlax and calm mind + resttalk cune or slowbro. Donphan spins away spikes and helps you against rocks (aero and tar look devastating, you could always build around those too)

I made this: https://pokepast.es/7b90f897c42fb47a

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Silly johnny. You should go read back on your Pokemon lore. He mentions that he can't use more than one legendary; however Suicune and Lugia both are and you're trying to make him use them!

As far as I'm concerned I think you have the right idea with this team. With only 2 Leftovers per team the power of Spikes and Sandstorm cannot be understated. However there's 3 things I'd like you to change:
  • First of all I think Ho-Oh is superior to Lugia. Better typing and better stats -- the 130 attack EQ will come in handy against Tyranitar. On top of that, Sacred Fire will give you an extra source of passive damage with its 50% burn rate. A set of Sacred Fire / EQ / Shadow Ball / Recover might do the trick here honestly
  • Every single mon on your team is owned by Tyranitar. I expect him to be a big threat here. Slowbro has to go IMO. Donphan and Marowak would make good additions. Phan can potentially spin and is generally very tanky, and Wak comes with the luxury of having a unique item. Plus he's strong AF. Alternatively consider Poliwrath, great typing + ability could just about ruin someone getting silly CroCune ideas. Either way all of these dudes should use Rest for the nice 1-2 punch with Aroma Bliss
  • Lastly Skarmory needs Protect and Leftovers. He will outlast your opponent without breaking a sweat. Tyranitar can make better use of Lum Berry, for example if he has to handle Ho-Oh or Gengar. The set you have is good though, but consider Thunderbolt over Fire Blast. It'll still hit Skarm but with the added bonus of nailing Gyarados who is a big threat.

Thank you so much to both of you guys, I appreciate a lot your suggestions!! I renewed team and moveset, let me know if you take a look and what you think!

1684249476061.png

Skarmory; @ Leftovers

-Spikes
-Roar
-Protect
-Toxic

1684249935747.png

Blissey; @ Leftovers

-Ice beam
-Seismic Toss
-Soft Boiled
-Thunderwave (aromatherapy unavailable in game... depression)

1684250457061.png

Tyranitar; @ Lum berry

-Crunch
-Earthwake
-Rock Slide
-Thunderbolt

1684250853202.png

Venusaur; @ Lum Berry

-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder

Ho-oh sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

Ho-oh; @ Lum Berry

-Sacred fire
-EQ
-Shadow ball
-Recover

Donphan sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

Donphan; @ (???)

-EQ
-Rapid spin
-Rest
-Rock tomb (mama mia i wanna vomit, but no other rock options)

Team looks good,that Donphan could help me a lot against Tyra and Zapdos that could have been otherwise bid problems I think.

Still, I've to say I strongly doubt most of my mates know Smogon or even comp pokemon battles at all (and probably even ignore some mechanics of the game, like the difference between att/sp. att, and def/sp. def). So trying to build a team is like trying to shape the air, I expect to see the most illogical and unpredictable thing. Like switching in with that Donphan into a physical attacker and then being busted by a nonsense unpredictable sp. move.

Attachments

1684249476061.png

Skarmory; @ Leftovers

-Spikes
-Roar
-Protect
-Toxic
Whirlwind is better then Roar, because it's hit pokémon with soundproof ability. You propably don't will lead with that because there is a baton pass clause. And anyone will use Mr.Mime with soundproof and baton pass.
Also Whirlwind is harder to obtain, because it's a egg move and Roar is a TM. But keep in mind one is better then the other.

1684249935747.png

Blissey; @ Leftovers

-Ice beam
-Seismic Toss
-Soft Boiled
-Thunderwave (aromatherapy unavailable in game... depression)
Since is a catridge game you can also run with Minimize in your Blissey. Maybe replacing Ice Beam or Thunderwave.

1684249476061.png

Skarmory; @ Leftovers

-Spikes
-Roar
-Protect
-Toxic

1684249935747.png

Blissey; @ Leftovers

-Ice beam
-Seismic Toss
-Soft Boiled
-Thunderwave

1684250457061.png

Tyranitar; @ Lum berry

-Crunch (or maybe brick break?)
-Earthwake
-Rock Slide
-DragonDance

1684250853202.png

Venusaur; @ Lum Berry

-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder

Ho-oh sprite from Ruby & Sapphire

Ho-oh; @ Lum Berry

-Sacred fire
-EQ
-Shadow ball
-Recover

1686320198959.png

Vaporeon; @ Lum Berry

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Haze (substitute?)
-Wish

OR

1686320512038.png

Starmie; @ Lum Berry

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

Vaporeon is to have a reliable def. Water type (and to pass wish to skarmory and tyranitar), Starmie was actually also an idea of mine for having a fast sweeper. But I feel like my Starmie is not that strong at all to do the work, and maybe could be better to have Tyra as a sweeper.

Schermata 2023-06-09 alle 16.25.28.png

Tried my best to give good Evs, couldn't do much about the nature 'cause since I'm playing FireRed I hadonly 5 random Starye added with Pokhex (as everybody else playing fire-red).
Avoided Donphan in the end, 'cause would have just been a Tyranitar pt.II having the same coverage.

Whirlwind is better then Roar, because it's hit pokémon with soundproof ability. You propably don't will lead with that because there is a baton pass clause. And anyone will use Mr.Mime with soundproof and baton pass.
Also Whirlwind is harder to obtain, because it's a egg move and Roar is a TM. But keep in mind one is better then the other.

Since is a catridge game you can also run with Minimize in your Blissey. Maybe replacing Ice Beam or Thunderwave.
I forgot to metion we use the baton pass clause as well.
About minimize, why do you think would be more useful than TW or IB?

Attachments

1684250457061.png

Tyranitar; @ Lum berry

-Crunch (or maybe brick break?)
-Earthwake
-Rock Slide
-DragonDance
Dragon Dancer Tyranitar is a way better pokémon, you can take out Crunch for hiden power bug if you want another physical move.
About minimize, why do you think would be more useful than TW or IB?
Minimize + Softboiled is a very strong combination, so strong then it's banned from OU, but still a vaiable set for a catridge game.
I would remove Ice Beam because Thunder Wave can helps you evade moves with Minimize.
The only problem to remove ice beam and only relly in Seismic Toss is fight against other ghost pokémons.

1686320198959.png

Vaporeon; @ Lum Berry

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Haze (substitute?)
-Wish

OR

1686320512038.png

Starmie; @ Lum Berry

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
Between Vaporeon and Starmie I should pick Starmie because it's more usefull!
But if you choice Vaporeon I think Haze can be very usefull, more usefull then substitute, who is also a good move.

Hi everybody, me and my high school classmates organized a tournament in FR/LG. Would like to have your suggestion to make a good team, especially considering the rules we are using for the tournament:

1)We can use only the pokemon available in the two games: therefore all Kanto pokedex, plus the few Gen II pokemon available in game. No trade from other generations are allowed.
2) We can have only one legendary; Mewtwo and Deoxys are banned, but it's possible to choose Lugia or Ho-Oh.
3)Specie clause, sleep clause.
4)Perish Song, Baton Pass, Fissure & similar moves are banned.
5)It's mandatory to have the starter in our team.

Consider the particular context in which we play, I haven't found all the guides on the web truly useful for my situation.

Anyway, that's the team I thought about (a sort of incomplete TSS team):

View attachment 516715

Skarmory; @ Lum Berry

-Spikes
-Roar
-Steel Wing
-Taunt

My lead pokemon. Main work of this Skarm is to set spikes as soon as possible, sponge physical hits and phaze away dangerous set-up pokemon.
Steel Wing over Drill Peak 'cause I'm too lazy to breed a Skarmory with that move (yeah, that really sucks), also the chance of increasing Ph. Def. could be kinda useful.
Taunt as a last move, since I can teach Rest to only one pokemon (roost ,I miss you so much).

View attachment 516717

Blissey; @ Leftovers

-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Soft Boiled
-Ice beam/Thunderwave

I don't think it's very necessary for me to explain what this Blissey should do. Very classic usage here. Still some doubts about the last move.

View attachment 516721

Tyranitar; @ Leftovers

-Crunch
-Earthwake
-Rock Slide
-Fire Blast

Since the extreme lack of Dark pokemon I have to face, I feel like Tyranitar is totally mandatory for me. Since my team lack of Fire and Dark offensive moves, I opted for a Mixed Tyr with Adamant nature. I only have 2 leftovers available in game, and decided to give one to it since no Rest.
Would it be a worth it to breed a Tyranitar with DragonDance?

View attachment 516725

Venusaur; @ Lum Berry

-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect/Sleep Powder

Since I'm forced to use a starter, I decided to go with Venusaur since it looks to me compatible with the playstyle I have in mind. A defensive and classic moveset, with a big doubt about the last moveslot since we use sleep clause. Nevertheless, I feel like sleep powder is used at the right time could help me gaining momentum and shutting down a potential tricky situation. Also giving me a free chance to leech seed the opp. Still,if the asleep pokemon is took out the battlefield I literally play with 3 moves slot.

View attachment 516732

Lugia; @ Lum Berry

-Toxic
-Aeroblast
-Whirlwind/Earthwake/Thunderbolt
-Recover

Since I can teach Toxic to only one pokemon, I decided to put that move in a stronghold. Defensive Lugia is here to sponge hits, and intoxicate the opponent.
Since the general passivity of my team, I think would be good to sacrifice Whirlwind to an offensive move. Especially Thunderbolt, since I totally lack an offensive electric move in my team. But Earthwake, on the other hand, has better synergy with Aeroblast.

View attachment 516736

Slowbro; @ Lum Berry

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest/Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind

Main work of this guy is to setup when his potential threats are gone, and then win the match. Surf to have a nice stab, and finally a water move, and Ice beam which gives good coverage. Doubts about Rest/Shadowball, but I think the first could be better since Slowbro will have his role also midgame.

What do you think of this team? Starmie and Gengar were also strongly considered as a 6th member, but in the end I decided for Slowbro.

Feel free to share with me your suggestions.
Interesting metagame. Sounds almost like the inverse of ADV 200, because you're restricted to the pokemon in FRLG rather than RS.

The suggestions so far have been great generally, but I think we need more information from you about how long you have to prepare and whether these preparations must take place on cartridge, if hacking is allowed (and to what extent), or if you're just using showdown like normal. If the former, I also have to ask how you are getting Ho-oh and Lugia. Additionally, it can take days to prepare a team legitly on carts. Many suggestions would also require breeding chains that may or may not be possible in FRLG without the assistance of RSE, and you may have used one-off TMs during the game's story, which also limits us in the teambuilder.

Could you tell us if you're playing on cart, hacking or the simulator and whether you're able to trade (and with what games) to obtain foreign pokemon or more of the one-off TMs? I read in your post that you must use "a starter" but not "your starter," and you can access Ho-oh and Lugia, which indicates you're either able to trade, hack, or are actually using a simulator, but that feels like weak evidence to base my recommendation on.

Hi KingKlobah , thanks for your answer.

We have to play on cartridge or emulator; no access to any cheats whatsoever. The only exceptions are getting Lugia or Ho-oh. So yeah, limited TMs. Are not an option the breeding chains that requires RSE pokemon. So yeah, kinda a crazy metagame.
It's like having no internet and playing on your old GameBoy.

Also, I lost my save and did a new one; I'd like to have suggestions about the team I made, which I created when frustration for having lost the .sav was fresh. So I feel it is a bit bad.

I also had to consider how much lucky I was in finding pokemon with good IVs.

Lugia
-Careful
Dual Screens
--
Whirlwind/Toxic
Recover

Blissey
-Jolly (I know it doesn't make sense, but this Chansey has amazing IVs)
Seismic Toss
Thunderwave
Soft boiled
Minimize/Ice Beam

Snorlax
-Impish
Curse
Rest
EQ
BodySlam

Charizard
-Naughty
EQ
Flamethrower
Rock slide
Dragon dance

Slowbro
-Modest
Calm mind
Rest
Surf
Ice beam

Skarmory
-Sassy
Roar
Spikes
Protect
Aerial Ice (to counter possible Minimize pokemons)/Toxic

Feel free to give me suggestions and tips!
(also strongly considered Calm Mind Ho-oh, cause my new Ho-oh has good special attack cause of nature and IVs).

Hi KingKlobah , thanks for your answer.

We have to play on cartridge or emulator; no access to any cheats whatsoever. The only exceptions are getting Lugia or Ho-oh. So yeah, limited TMs. Are not an option the breeding chains that requires RSE pokemon. So yeah, kinda a crazy metagame.
It's like having no internet and playing on your old GameBoy.

Also, I lost my save and did a new one; I'd like to have suggestions about the team I made, which I created when frustration for having lost the .sav was fresh. So I feel it is a bit bad.

I also had to consider how much lucky I was in finding pokemon with good IVs.

Lugia
-Careful
Dual Screens
--
Whirlwind/Toxic
Recover

Blissey
-Jolly (I know it doesn't make sense, but this Chansey has amazing IVs)
Seismic Toss
Thunderwave
Soft boiled
Minimize/Ice Beam

Snorlax
-Impish
Curse
Rest
EQ
BodySlam

Charizard
-Naughty
EQ
Flamethrower
Rock slide
Dragon dance

Slowbro
-Modest
Calm mind
Rest
Surf
Ice beam

Skarmory
-Sassy
Roar
Spikes
Protect
Aerial Ice (to counter possible Minimize pokemons)/Toxic

Feel free to give me suggestions and tips!
(also strongly considered Calm Mind Ho-oh, cause my new Ho-oh has good special attack cause of nature and IVs).
I was expecting the tournament to have passed since you made your post 3 months ago. I had actually forgot to read the date initially. Since you're still playing this format, I took some time to design a something like a Superman TSS team with your tier's rules.

First, I'll justify using a TSS Superman team. To begin with, TSS is already accepted as the most consistent play style in ADV OU, and all the major parts of such a team are available in FRLG, albeit with moveset and item restrictions. I'm gravitating towards a superman team because the restrictions you describe, in combination with the fact you're playing FR and not LG, woefully limit your options for spinners. To my knowledge, neither game accesses Claydol or Forre, and only LG can have Mie (which was covered in a previous post where you had to hack Mie in). You are left to consider Cloyster or more niche options.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Roar

This is pursuitTar without pursuit. Research shows that we would use a member of the Sceptile line to pass pursuit to TTar, but such things are not possible without RSE. I would need to do more research to say for sure, and feel free to post a chain without RSE mons to disprove it, but pursuitTar might not be a thing. Instead we have mixed STAB in the form of Rock Slide to fight against the Ho-Oh and Lugia we can be sure to see flying around in this tier, but everything else is standard pursuitTar.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Roar
- Protect
- Toxic

This is the Skarmory you have but with the standard nature and IVs and no attacks. Aerial Ace would help against pokemon with evasion boosts, but I'm saving that for Charizard, as we'll see later. It does the normal Skarm things. We are running Roar because it won't give away that this Skarm doesn't have Drill Peck. As an aside, definitely consider running Drill Peck or Taunt over one of the ProTox combo.

Blissey (F) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Minimize
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

This is the Minimize Blissey the chat has recommended. I agree that it is a grand and degenerate strategy that your friends ought to ban, but while its allowed, this pokemon can sit in on anything without serious physical power or a sure-hit move, spam minimize and then spam S-Toss. Unlike previous suggestions, I've taken things further by giving it the Leppa Berry and changed Soft-Boiled to Wish.

The first decision exposes another issue with this Meta. FRLG can only get 2 leftovers without trading, which is why only Lugia and Skarm have them on this team. Meanwhile, there is a renewable location for Lum Berries in the Berry Forest. Because Blissey has Natural Cure, however, the Lum Berry would be pointless except as a ploy to stay in longer. Leppa Berry does the same thing, but its effects will matter even after you switch out, because the PP you restore would not be restored otherwise.

Wish is here because this team has pokemon that sand puts on a timer and Wish can be used to pass healing to them. Though it isn't too consistent, it's the best we can do for them, and we can probably count on sand from opposing TTar, so it won't be worth it to not use Sand ourselves. Blissey can still heal herself with Wish, and our Evasion boosts mean that she will rarely have to worry about dying before getting them at low health.

Edit: I realized that Wish is an event move. While you could have gotten it on cart back in the day, I'm sure that's not what you meant in your description of the rules. Wish would be nice but alas.

Toxic might be able to replace T-Wave as a second source of the T in TSS, but that also makes it easier to hit Blissey, as others have pointed out.

Lastly, it might also be noted that Dug is significantly neutered in this metagame because CB does not exist. This removes Blissey's #1 op right away, but means we also have to contend against Blissey with that restriction and the added problem of Minimize.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Everyone had been discussing the use of Lugia as a defensive wall. Whereas this would be the norm and is a great strat, especially in the absence of CB as FRLG has no method of obtaining one without RSE, I believe CM Lugia has merit as the special side of this mixed offense superman team. Ho-oh might have a better Special Attack stat at 110, but it lacks physical bulk and shivers at the sight of a rock move. Tyranitar (or just any mon with Rock Slide) is likely going to be on every team (unless we're overestimating your friends' knowledge of the meta), so that's a problem. Moreover, you have to use a starter and the only real option for that on a superman team is Charizard, meaning that to use CM Ho-oh, we either need to admit a spike-susceptible starter or repeat the quad rock weakness.

Gengar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 168 HP / 164 SpD / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Giga Drain
- Thunderbolt

This is the Utility sample set Gengar with two differences. First, Ice Punch is not available in the Gen 1 remakes, becuase it's an Emerald Tutor. It's also unconscionable to give a Gengar one of our two leftovers. Instead, we have Giga Drain to act as type coverage against the Ground type that T-bolt can't touch. Meanwhile, it can restore some health with its secondary effect and put off Gengar's Explosion for a time, because it's always going to be losing health to Sandstorm. It runs lum berry to heal off potential Paras. There are also no better options for its item. Hypnosis is good as putting pokemon to sleep gives the three setup mons on this team additional setup opportunities. We also cannot run Will-O-Wisp. As far as I can tell, all the pokemon in the Amorphous egg group with access to that move appear to be exclusive to RSE.

Charizard @ Lum Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Dragon Dance

By far, the most restrictive rule in this tier is that we have to use a starter. In a superman team, there isn't much place for either Blastoise or Venu, and they aren't really used in ADV OU anyway. This leaves Zard, who is thankfully a flyer and can take the niche of late game sweeper with DDance. In this instance, we want to run Lum Berry instead of Leftovers regardless of restriction. For attacks, we have Quake-Slide coverage with Aerial Ace for STAB and assurance against other players' Evasion strats. Because sand is a constant factor thanks to our Tar lead (and your friends' TTars, presumably), only bring this Zard out in the end game to clean up your opponent or to counter the aforementioned Evasion strats.

There's the team. I'm running out of time to post this today, so sorry if there are any typos. Feel free to point out any incompatibilities with the rule set or factors related to the FRLG restrictions that I got wrong or overlooked. There might be available pokemon we could use that I didn't consider.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)