Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
Seems like a no brainer, pretty sure this ones mandatory. Not sure what the ev speed should be so I just went physical bulk, and as for the moves they seem mostly like the right choice

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn
- Psychic Fangs

One of the 2 main mons that I'm building this team for. I love the speed of this thing in the rain and seems like another no brainer for a rain team. The movement seems pretty solid to me, possibly switching out psychic fangs for something else.

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

I plan for this to be the main special attacker. I like the amount of power I can get on weatherball, and this is a mon I want to keep and build around even if its not perfect. I really have no idea what the other 2 moves should be, aside from weather ball and earth power.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

My plan is for this to be the wallbreaker and electric switch in. This is the first mon I'm unsure about, I feel like there is probably a better wall breaker choice and the type overlap with zapdos. I think as for the moves, I'm not sure what I would replace other than focus blast.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 148 HP / 216 Def / 104 SpA / 40 Spe
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Also unsure about this guy. I like the bulkyness and the thunder and Hurricane STAB, but like I said before I worry about the type overlap with thundurus.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

This is the best mon I could think of as a wall, which I think is probably a good choice. I felt I needed a Hazzard setter and wall. Knock off always feels useful, and power whip seemed like the best attack to use, possibly could switch to body press.

I'm brand new to team building and this is my first attempt, so I can't really explain each choice as well as I wish I could. The first 3 seems pretty set In Stone, aside from seismetoads other moves. The last 3 I have changed out several times. I've tried tornadus-t, magnezone, and blissy in these slots, but none of them have felt super solid.

https://pokepast.es/b808b10e012ae0dc

Last edited:
Before I can properly rate this you need to write three lines of discription per mon (why you chose it, why you chose the moves, the why did you choose the EV spread etc…)

This is a pretty standard rain team which isn't bad because rain is a pretty strong archetype to build around, you could switch Pelipper’s damp rock for heavy duty boots if you want a better matchup against other weather teams (Pelipper is heavily worn down by stealth rocks) but it’s really just preference

I would switch Thunderous-T for Tornadus-T running a taunt+u-turn set since rain is primarily focused on its speed trickroom kinda turns rain on its head and u-turn + plus regenerator provides momentum and longevity to your team
(And your team already has a electric immunity in seismitoad)

you could switch Zapdos Defog to weather ball because if you take the Torn advice it can run Defog instead.

psychic fang could be replaced with aqua jet because after Pelippers gone barraskewda doesn’t outspeed all the stuff it usually would

(also your totally right about Ferro it’s great for rain because it’s 4 times fire weakness is decreased)

anyways welcome to the wonderful world of SS OU I heavily encourage you build more teams it’s a lot of fun. Good luck laddering :)

Last edited:

SpaceSpeakers

eeny mine moe
is a Tiering Contributor
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
Seems like a no brainer, pretty sure this ones mandatory. Not sure what the ev speed should be so I just went physical bulk, and as for the moves they seem mostly like the right choice

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Flip Turn
- Psychic Fangs

One of the 2 main mons that I'm building this team for. I love the speed of this thing in the rain and seems like another no brainer for a rain team. The movement seems pretty solid to me, possibly switching out psychic fangs for something else.

Seismitoad @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

I plan for this to be the main special attacker. I like the amount of power I can get on weatherball, and this is a mon I want to keep and build around even if its not perfect. I really have no idea what the other 2 moves should be, aside from weather ball and earth power.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

My plan is for this to be the wallbreaker and electric switch in. This is the first mon I'm unsure about, I feel like there is probably a better wall breaker choice and the type overlap with zapdos. I think as for the moves, I'm not sure what I would replace other than focus blast.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 148 HP / 216 Def / 104 SpA / 40 Spe
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Also unsure about this guy. I like the bulkyness and the thunder and Hurricane STAB, but like I said before I worry about the type overlap with thundurus.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

This is the best mon I could think of as a wall, which I think is probably a good choice. I felt I needed a Hazzard setter and wall. Knock off always feels useful, and power whip seemed like the best attack to use, possibly could switch to body press.

I'm brand new to team building and this is my first attempt, so I can't really explain each choice as well as I wish I could. The first 3 seems pretty set In Stone, aside from seismetoads other moves. The last 3 I have changed out several times. I've tried tornadus-t, magnezone, and blissy in these slots, but none of them have felt super solid.

https://pokepast.es/b808b10e012ae0dc
nice team
if i were you, i would use Roost for Pelipper instead of Hurricane

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)