Metagame Help me finish this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I want to build a really good team for ladder. I've started with 2 conditional pokemon, Alolan Ninetails and Kyurem-Black. I've then provided the list of potential inclusions and possible builds to get you guys started on brainstorming.

Necessary Inclusions:
pokemonshowdown_uPvPfXsytD.png
pokemonshowdown_qq9rxqYFEj.png

You can play with Kyurem's stats/moves if you want, but the Ninetails is pretty much perfect IMO

There's 2 general strategies I'm thinking of: Big and bulky, or just glass cannon. The list below is by no means "must haves" but I think a few might make their way onto the final team.

Potential Teamates + Builds:
pokemonshowdown_wF509snBGv.pngEruption Heatran can cause real problems if flash fire lands and is nearly unstoppable at making SOME kind of progress vs your opponent

pokemonshowdown_OZX89Hz0PA.png pokemonshowdown_Ziu2ocEn7e.pngWater Absorb Lapras has the ice typing making him invulnerable to the hail from our Ninetails. Lapras can be played with, but I've provided solid attack and special attack flavors to get your creative juices flowing. He can swing both phys or sp attack but always provides bulk and has a suprising move roster with lots of odd coverage you wouldnt expect

pokemonshowdown_Cqfom6f37y.pngComfey can provide heals if we decide to go big and bulky. In addition, we could use sap sipper Goodra and trigger it with Giga Drain for strong openers. If we go for heatran the priority healing can be huge in maxxing damage

pokemonshowdown_1SZ0xsjZac.pngZeraora could provide strong offensive coverage and fake out support for our glass cannon build

pokemonshowdown_RlzMsMjY0a.pngRillaboom could also provide fake out support and is a total juggernaut right now. My only fear is terrain countering our hail chip

pokemonshowdown_osJ0b0uakv.pngDiancie is another strong fairy type to counter the Dark/Dragon/Fight spam seemingly going on in ladder right now. This is an absolute MONSTER SET and really hits the meta hard. She's so naturally bulky, so staying in while that binding band does major work is easy, ESPECIALLY if you manage to get off a defence boost or 2 from diamond storm

pokemonshowdown_eZpjEFrhRx.pngGoodra is one of the most underrated dragons. She's specially bulky with good health and solid attack. Sap sipper is lowkey awesome too. The giga drain trigger from comfey with priority can cause some serious damage and catch the opponent off-guard

pokemonshowdown_fE45pZ2PCz.pngAlolan Sandlash has snow cloak and STAB Steel Roller... Why do we not see this thing more often?

Other possibilities:
Urshifu-R
Genesect-Shock
Arctozolt
Intimidate support
Excadrill
Cressalia
Suicune

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Hi, this isn't an appropriate topic for a new thread (with new threads also requiring approval first), I would recommend reading the Smogon Rules before posting in the future.

As others have already told you there, it's better to ask for help in the Doubles Discord. Good luck with your team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)