SS OU Help me become a stall master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware that stall isn't too viable in OU, but I enjoy it and would like to carve out a niche on the ladder as being *that stall player.* This team has been working decently so far (I'm pretty new to singles, I'm mid-1300s), but I lose hard to offensive teams spamming pivot moves. I've also found that some of my shared weaknesses can put me in some awkward situations.
Any ideas to improve or alter the team? Could be swapping mons, moves, items, EVs...I'd ideally like to have a full stall team with 6 defensive mons, but I guess I'd be open to hearing pleas towards using 2 breakers or something.
I'd type some short description on each mon, but I imagine it's quite self-explanatory: just a bunch of walls and utility.
Thank you in advance for any feedback. (It's okay to hate on me!)

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Defog
- Roost

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 72 SpA / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Scald

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Spikes

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Stall takes a lot of skill to build and play. These are certainly stally mons, but building a good stall team goes beyond that, you have to be keenly aware of the metagame and ensure you can counter any offensive threat.
I'd type some short description on each mon, but I imagine it's quite self-explanatory: just a bunch of walls and utility.
Regardless, you have to add descriptions.

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi KeystoneRecords, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require.

If you have no idea on what to add, here are some stuff you can explain:
- As it's a stall team you could add what each of your Pokemon can beat (help to see if you didn't forget an important threat)
- Explain some non-obvious move choice. Of course you don't need to tell why Toxapex is Recover, but you can explain why Clefable is the rocker and have Wish, Why Pex is Koff Scald (and not Toxic or Tspikes)...
- Lastly you can add an explanation on the EVs spreads: why are some Pokemon full phys def/Spd, what Clef/Corvi spreads do...

This helps people not familiar with stall/OU better understanding the team, but it also helps raters understanding your thought process when you were building the team. Adding a part with the specific threats you've struggle against or replays could also help improving the team.

PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)