Heatran Hater Team

Well, since the banning of Salamence and Latias, Heatran has risen a lot in usage, i almost see it in every battle I make..
And most of mine teams were weak against him, so i decided to create a team that is not weak against him, and can deal with most threats..

Team Building

The first pokemon I wanted was a counter to Heatran, I thought about Starmie and Gyarados, but i figured it out there were better counters, so I decided to use a Milotic, because he was able to survive any Heatran attack ( bar Explosion ) and kill him with one single hit.

Next I wanted someone to take a care of another major threat to most teams, Scizor. So i picked up Magnezone.

Magnezone is weak to fighting and ground, so I needed someone who resisted it, and i also needed a Physical sweeper, so I choose Dragonite.

After that i saw that a Machamp could easily beat every one in my team, so i decided to put Rotom Fan.

Then I saw my team could benefit from a wish passer, and the best one around was...

Vaporeon, the only thing that i needed was a Lead, that could set up Stealth Rock quickly and cripple Blisseys, so i choose Jirachi

----------------------------/The Team\--------------------------------

The Lead

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Ability :Serene Grace
EVs : 252 Atk , 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature : Jolly
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Trick
- U-Turn
He is a great lead, and has fallen in usage since the Ban of the Great Dragons, so i thought i could try it out, it sets SR almost always, but hardly does anything thats not setting rocks... He also cripples Blisseys, although they're getting quite rare.

The Killer

Milotic@Choice Scarf
Ablity : Marvel Scale
EVs : 8 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 248 Spe
Nature : Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Grass
- Surf
I'd never think a Milotic could be so good, she just kills everything! Most people think she is a Defensive version and give me a free KO, Sometimes they even try to make their Heatran Explode on her, but she outspeeds and kill him, she can take anything that Heatran throws, and hit back with a KO. She can survive a Draco Meteor from a Modest SpecsNite, or even an Outrage from a Banded Flygon and them knock 'em out with one single hit..

The Trapper

Magnezone@Leftovers
Ability : Magnet Pull
EVs : 252 Sp.Atk, 96 Spe, 160 HP
Nature : Modest
- Thunderbolt
- HP Fire
- Substitute
- Explosion
Magnezone has the most powerful Thunderbolt in the game, and can trap some of the guys who could make my life miserable, like Empoleon and Scizor. I prefer this version rather then the scarfed one for the surprise factor, because Magnezones are rare these days and most of them are Scarfed.

The Powerhouse

Dragonite@Leftovers
Ability : Inner Focus
EVs : 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature : Naughty
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
I Love Dragonite, he's totally awesome! He's bulky and extremely powerful, and is also one of the biggest OU Threats. If given the chance to Set up, he can wipe out entire enemy teams, or at least kill one or two enemies....
He's awesome!

The Support

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Ability : Water Absorb
EVs : 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.Def
Nature : Bold
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Ice Beam
Thanks to Vaporeon, my team lasts a lot longer, he is really hard to take down and is another counter to Heatran. I was thinking on taking him out of the team and put Wish jirachi in his place, but I don't know if it would be better.

The Ghost

Rotom-S@Leftovers
Ability : Levitate
EVs : 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 Sp.Def
Nature : Bold
- Rest
- Sleep talk
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball / Air Slash
This guy here is fantastic, he can annoy everything, and he's extremely tough to take down.. I have doubts on what to put on the 4th slot.. Without Shadow Ball it will be hard to take down other Rotoms, while Air Slash is pretty good killing Fighting thugs..

Well that was my team, please comment on how can I make it better..
Thanks!

Specs Jolteon rapes this team (bar Magnezone). I recommend replacing Rotom-S with a Scarf Flygon. Rotom-S doesnt really do much for this team.

Give flygon stone edge, it should force Zap out. On nite you might want to go with an Adamant nature and fire punch > fire blast since dragon dance powers it up. It would also keep nite's great defenses intact.

Your team is pretty sweet, I might steal it.

Thanks Rogan, i'll try Flygon out, but i was thinking that maybe a Choice band Mamoswine could do a better job at holding out Jolteon and Zapdos.

Look, Milotic and Vaporeon fill VERY similar roles. Having both of them is a very bad idea. There are in fact pokemon other than bulky waters which can beat Heatran easily (shock!).

Also, the great majority of Machamp are seen as leads, so you can easily work around them by sticking Zen Headbutt on Jirachi (which isn't a bad choice anyway).
Replace one of Vaporeon or Milotic with a Tyranitar, probably Vaporeon since replacing Milotic would force you to run Scarf on something else. He offers good type synergy here as well as his great bulk. Choice Band in particular would be great alongside Dragonite and Magnezone. This also fixes some horrible weaknesses you have to Electric types such as Jolteon and Zapdos.

Also, I'd have to suggest changing Rotom to either a different set, OR, much better IMO, a SubSplit Gengar. The advantages of this basically consist of giving yourself an extremely dangerous pokemon which complements Magnezon, Dragonite and Tyranitar EXTREMELY well, giving your team a lot more speed overall, and by utilising Gengar's best set, SubSplit, you also gain the ability to break down stall and defensive teams.

And finally, change Dragonite's EV's. What Dragonite does great at the moment is basically laugh at FWG cores, due to its good defenses. Check out the site analysis for the Dragon Dancer, but from memory its EV's run 252 HP / 52 Atk / 216 speed, which allows you to tank virtually any non-SE move with Roost. Your current set isn't bad, it just lacks a lot of bulk which to my mind is a lot more useful atm than speed and power. Running that set arguably gives you better sweeping AND walling chances since you don't pick up many extra KO's with the extra power, whereas 252HP lets you set up much more easily. Your team should look like this:

which is actually a pretty effective set up.
Seriously, try out these changes and see what you think. Good luck with the team!

Thanks for everyone but i have stopped using this team, although i could check Heatran easily i was having problems with A LOT of pokemons..
and Bubbly, my team got a lot better with your tips, but I have already made a new team, which im going to post here next week, maybe..

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Thanks for everyone but i have stopped using this team, although i could check Heatran easily i was having problems with A LOT of pokemons..
and Bubbly, my team got a lot better with your tips, but I have already made a new team, which im going to post here next week, maybe..
You shouldn't be making new teams every 2 days if you are going to post it in an RMT, you want to give raters as much time as possible to help you, and try to improve your team...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)