Implemented Have OSDT not Overlap with VGC Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so currently I'm 6-1 in OSDT which is great because if I win my next round of Swiss it means I would be able to make top cut without having to worry about playing my round 9 match while in Japan for the VGC Worlds (which is already the hardest and most stressful tournament) in 2 weeks. This is a problem that affects other participants in the tournament as well such as z0mog, MichaelDerBeste, and Animus. While it is true that Smogon owes no obligation to VGC, some of DOU's strongest competitors are VGC players, and with the current tournament schedule running late Swiss / early top cut throughout August when the World Championships will be each year, it makes it very difficult to commit to playing the tour. Yes, not every World Championships is going to be in a polar opposite timezone to America and require a week's worth of travel for most VGC players on Smogon, but it's still a very important tournament that any VGC player is going to give priority to over a Smogon tournament.

Smogon has made it very clear they do not want VGC to be part of its official circuit, so doing this service to VGC players would at least be a kind thing to do. For clarity, this just means the tournament would need to not be running during August, as worlds is always hosted that month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)