Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get a Protean Froakie with Toxic Spikes, but I can't seem to wrap my head around obtaining it...

I have a male Omanyte with Toxic Spikes, and a Female Froakie with the Protean ability. I do know, however, that breeding these two will only get me an offspring Froakie with the Torrent ability. Any suggestions on how to get this?

EDIT: I'm sorry, is this the correct place to ask this?

I'm trying to get a Protean Froakie with Toxic Spikes, but I can't seem to wrap my head around obtaining it...
I have a male Omanyte with Toxic Spikes, and a Female Froakie with the Protean ability. I do know, however, that breeding these two will only get me an offspring Froakie with the Torrent ability. Any suggestions on how to get this?
Actually, the female passes down its ability 80% of the time.

Female pokemon pass down hidden abilities 60% of the time, regardless of the male parent. If, for some reason, the offspring aren't inheriting Protean, just use one of the males (with toxic spikes) in place of the Omanyte.

That's only for regular abilities. Hidden abilities are 60%, as posted above.
Forgive me if this is really obvious or my logic is incorrect, but is it something like:

The mother passes down its ability 60% of the time.

The remaining 40% is split between the two abilities it could have (if it had access to two abilities), so there's another 20% chance that it would randomly get the ability you're looking for, making the total seem 80%.
For hidden abilities, there is no random chance it can get the hidden ability, so the "rate" of passing it is just 60% from the mother.

Is this correct? I guess I'm just trying to clarify a simplified statistic.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For hidden abilities:

60% chance of hidden ability.
20% chance of ability 0.
20% chance of ability 1.

For non-HA:

80% chance of mother's ability.
20% chance of the other ability.

If the "mother" is a ditto, I believe it's a 50/50 chance, but don't quote me on that.

My apologies, I shortcutted the logic in my head. Agonist is correct. For 'normal' abilities it's the 60% pass chance plus the 20% random chance.

I was just unlucky with the first few eggs, and got Torrent like 5 times in a row. I posted here, and lo behold, I was doing it right after all, and the Smogon gods gave me a Protean baby. :3

Thanks, everyone!

I know I've seen this somewhere, and I've tried looking but I can't seem to find it: which restaurant yields the best profit compared to its cost and time to beat and stuff? I need to refill my coffers after an expensive round of breeding. Also, does using multiple Luck Incenses/ Amulet Coins stack? I'd rather not spend all day battling Waiters.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Le Wow. And as far as I know, Amulet Coin/Luck Incense don't stack. However, if you can get a Happy Hour Pokemon, it does stack with Amulet Coin/Luck Incense.

I know I've seen this somewhere, and I've tried looking but I can't seem to find it: which restaurant yields the best profit compared to its cost and time to beat and stuff? I need to refill my coffers after an expensive round of breeding. Also, does using multiple Luck Incenses/ Amulet Coins stack? I'd rather not spend all day battling Waiters.
Never knew breeding was that money consuming.

Dine in the 3☆ Le Wow, do not bother with the Sushi High Roller. You pretty much should also grind your Money O-Power to Level 3 in order to make the maximum amount of profit. Amulet Coin and Luck Incense don't stack.

1. Go to Le Wow
2. Bring along mega garchomp with earthquake, and two levitators or flying types. Pick triple battle
3. Attach amulet coin and use prize money o power
4. Profit

1. Go to Le Wow
2. Bring along mega garchomp with earthquake, and two levitators or flying types. Pick triple battle
4. Profit

^(possible south part reference?)
So my turn..Which would work better? Physically or specially defensive Trevenant and why (Harvest/Curse/Sub set).

Never knew breeding was that money consuming.

Dine in the 3☆ Le Wow, do not bother with the Sushi High Roller. You pretty much should also grind your Money O-Power to Level 3 in order to make the maximum amount of profit. Amulet Coin and Luck Incense don't stack.
Ah yeah, breeding was only expensive because I had to keep switching around the parents and the offspring, plus I was getting trolled by the Destiny Knot's IV selections. Having to pay for 20+ levels multiple times because you put them in at Lv. 1 is surprisingly draining...

1. Go to Le Wow
4. Profit
Thanks, I'll try this out!

elite 4 might be best for money if you're not looking for cash. prize money level 3 power with an amulet coin will give you plenty of cash

De Wow is base place for grinding Money and Level, right? But Chomp will kill your mon that swap in and can't touch tokekiss.

I currently use Xeneras(Modest 31V 252 on S.Atk) with Dazzling Glarm, but will use him on Uber Team soon and I don't want to swap around move.

Any other mon that good AOE Move that hit only opponent and 1HKO(2HKO if resist) all of them like Xeneras does?

Mega Abomasnow is a little slow for straight up sweeping, but he's bulky enough to dish out hits with Blizzard since you get healed after every battle, and throwing trick room on something else will make the battles go by quick (if the AI spams protect like it loves to).

Also, Garchomp can always just run rock slide for Togekiss.

I know that there is a 1 hour time limit on Wifi battles, but is there also a time limit for you to make a move each turn? I've never noticed one but I recently heard that there is one...

Do all moves in Horde encounters target either 1, 5, or 6 Pokemon on the field? (Basically, are there any moves that would target only 2, 3, or 4 of the Pokemon on the field in a Horde encounter?)

Is it viable to talk about Pokemon Conquest tiers anymore? I found a thread, before you tell me, about that, nut its over a year old and I dont think anyone is going to post along with me on a old thread (2012, July)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is it viable to talk about Pokemon Conquest tiers anymore? I found a thread, before you tell me, about that, nut its over a year old and I dont think anyone is going to post along with me on a old thread (2012, July)
If you can add constructively to the thread then go for it. If you do not think anyone else is going to post then don't bother. I don't recall completing Conquest :P I do have it however!

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If a Transformed Ditto is defeated, does it yield Ditto's base Exp., or the Exp. of the Pokémon it transformed into?

If it's the latter, well, my Blissey has an appointment or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)