Pending Have a popup notifying a battle you are attempting to join is 100+(?) turns

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
Battles with long turn counts lag pretty hard, especially on mobile. Someone can just link replays with 400+ turn counts in rooms (or via watch battle tab) and then just kill your tab completely since your stuck in loading screen. There is no way to know how long the battle is until you actually click the link, since turn counts are only displayed in the battle. Would there be a way to have a pop up asking if you still want to join, whenever the threshold of 100 turns is reached? That way you don't have to close the tab and re-login to P.S due to the lag in long battles.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If it’s approved, could we just say the battle you’re trying to join is X turns long (when X > 99)? Different devices can handle different numbers of turns - my computer craps itself at around 340 but my phone can go to 820.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
If it’s approved, could we just say the battle you’re trying to join is X turns long (when X > 99)? Different devices can handle different numbers of turns - my computer craps itself at around 340 but my phone can go to 820.
That sounds like an unnecessary pop-up 99% of the times you enter a battle

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That sounds like an unnecessary pop-up 99% of the times you enter a battle
You should tell the OP this I’m just trying to expand the idea.

To your point though, 100 is a bit low yeah. I’m not sure what # of turns most devices start to get jittery at (I have not used many to watch long games) but I wouldn’t oppose raising the minimum. I do think it’s a good idea thought even if it has to be tweaked a little.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
You should tell the OP this I’m just trying to expand the idea.
The OP wants the pop-up only when the battle is long though? If not, it should. I agree with your next comment about putting the threshold a little higher, sure.

Edit to not clog the thread: indeed I misunderstood you, mb, cheers!

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
Above 100 is fine, I guess we just need to figure out what the set amount of turns for the limit should be. 250+ or 300+ maybe?

Reactions: R8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)