Has anyone ever broken into your home and pointed a gun at you?

Has anyone ever broken into your home and pointed a gun at you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wondering as this seems to be really common in the United States according to internet arguments and television reports!

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No there are three options this is not hard!!!
Goddamn. If there are three options on a scantron you only fill one one of the first 3!
With a pencil not pen.

Serious question: Is gun ownership really about defending yourselves from random thieves, or is it about defending yourself from the government?

I always thought it was the latter, which is defensible in my opinion. Are all gun ownership enthusiasts really paranoid about burglars, or is there another angle I'm missing here?

Consider this an attempt to derail a troll thread.

Firestorm

My house has actually been broken into before. It was when I was around 11 years old iirc. They waited until my entire family was gone and then came in and took pretty much everything. I'm just wondering about anecdotes from other people who have also had their homes broken into so we can tell how useful guns have been. Not a day passes that I don't wish I'd rigged up a gun to shoot them dead when they opened the door. All we did was set up a home alarm system after the fact =/
Figure 3. Murders, Robberies, and Aggravated Assaults for children under 15 years in Which Firearms Were Used

http://www.ojjdp.gov/pubs/gun_violence/sect01.html

Can this post count for like a couple thousand yes votes?
Please read the thread title before posting unrelated links! Thanks.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This thread reminds me of that story of a man, who heard stumbling downstairs at night.
So he shot the burglar dead, except it was no burglar, it was his son.

Turning the lights off should be banned immediately, now that I think of it.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i am glad we have neighboors who stay up at night and would hear whats happening. we do have cameras set up so anything and everything would be on tape too, however living in england it isnt as common as other countries around the world.

we are fortunate that we have a police officer who is licensed to carry weaponary on our close, he has full view on most of the close's houses roundabout where we live. months back he thought i was "up to something" when i smoked weed until i showed him up with how much i know it can benefit people who struggle with particular difficulties; physical, mental and the like. he knew id been involved in a car crash a couple of years back which partly ruptured my spinal cord, so he accepted my experiences and respected my point of view.

anyone with a gun in my opinion should be above a certain age, for one. my heart goes out to those who have been through something like this.

they stopped pointing it at me once i leveled an M16 at their face, which is apparently the end all solution! i don't know why i didn't think of it before. thanks, obama

also taylor i know your post is heartfelt and all and im sorry but im laughing so hard at "licensed to carry weaponary"

I'm prepared to defend my life and liberty at whatever the cost. That cost, so far, is three frags. I'm on a killing spree.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
they stopped pointing it at me once i leveled an M16 at their face, which is apparently the end all solution! i don't know why i didn't think of it before. thanks, obama
i've seen don't be a menace enough times to know that this doesn't end well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)