Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (OU)

This team is a Semi Stall team that i've started to work on. My usual team building partners are on hiatus so im coming here to get some work done on this team. There has been quite a bit of Theory put into this team yet it still needs help, Tell me what you think and what I could do to improve it.

At a glance:

THE TEAM:​

Lead
Chesto Berry
Adamant
EVs
252 HP / 32 Atk / 16 Spe / 208 SpD​

Moveset
~ Low Kick
~ Payback
~ Rest
~ Stealth Rock

Overview:
This lead counters many other leads mainly Azelf, Smeargle, and Roserade.
It sets up Stealth Rock and Gets Sandstorm up to help wittle away at my opponents health. It acts as a good Special Wall aswell. I chose LowKick to Hit Heatran/Magnezone harder and to OHKO Tyranitar. Resto Chesto to keep it alive.​

Utility Special Defender
Shed Shell
Sturdy
Careful
EVs
252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD​

Overview:
This slot was once occupied by Drapion, but after many suggestions, i realized this was a noob mistake. Although Spikes arent necessary they do help. And Rapid Spin helps keep Zapdos and Gyarados alive longer. The Key of this set and the team is Toxic Spikes. Payback to hit Latias and Rotom forms. This set far outclasses Drapion. The addition of Forry has greatly helped this team.​

SubRoost
Leftovers
Timid
EVs
248 HP / 46 Def / 216 Spe​

Overview:
With Toxic Spikes down, wow, its gonna be really tough to stop this set. Substitute to protect from status roost off the damage and attack as necessary. Hidden Power Ice>Grass or Roar/Toxic to KO Gliscor. 216 Speed Evs to Outspeed Max Speed GLiscor which is a common lead nowadays. 46 Defense to help take physical hits better. The Rest in HP to take hits as best as can be done.​

Calm Mind + Roar
Leftovers
Timid
EVs
208 HP/ 86 Def / 216 Spe​

Moveset
~ Recover
~ Calm Mind
~ Roar
~ Dragon Pulse

Overview:
This set was once a Subsitute Calm Mind Latias with Hidden Power Fire. It was here to take advantage of toxic spikes. However as:
Megan_Fox suggested i needed a phazer and this has helped tremendously. Roaring for Scouting and racking up hazards is great. Calm Mind to set up the Ev's are fairly simple to understand. It has helped me with many Bulky Set Up Sweepers, Namely: CM Cune and Curse Pert

Bulky Dragon Dance
Leftovers
Adamant
EVs
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe​

Overview:
If you've never been swept or at least had a game where this Gyarados has given you trouble, then you must have a CRE over 2000. This Set rips things to Shreads. The only thing that can stop it are Bulky Psychics and Scarfers which are handeled by Tspikes and/or Drapion and Tyranitar who will rip them apart. Toxic Spikes are helpful but not necessary for this to sweep.​

Physical Choice
Choice Scarf
Jolly
EVs
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe​

Overview:
Not much to say, but this has saved me. If something sets up here comes jirachi to the rescue and thats about it for this set. The only thing left to say is that Toxic Spikes + Iron Head's Flinch Rate wears down plenty of pokemon very quickly​

THANKS FOR READING PLEASE GIVE SOME ADVICE AND TELL ME WHAT I COULD DO BETTER!

hey i would first move the attack evs to spec def to maximize spec def.

I see you have a semi-stall team, well on semi-stall team its generally good to have phazars. I would change latias to this set

Latias/Timid/252 spec attk/252 speed/4 hp

Calmmind/ dragon pulse/Recover/Roar

CM Roar Latias is an excellent phazar. Plus if you predict switches to pokemon that generally counter Latias (Scizor, Tyranitar) you can roar them away allowing SR + Spikes damage to rack up. Latias can abuse your hazards efficiently with roar. also this latias can at worst speed tie other Latias's (since it doesnt have to run 30 ivs anymore since it has no more hp fire) and also this Latias has recovery which is definitely useful

Thank you very much for the rate, and i will definitely test that latias out. I do have one question, which pokemon did you say i should move its attack evs to spec def?

yeah ide throw in recorver on latias because lefts isnt going to be enough for hp recovery in my opinon.I like the revenge kill jirachi and the whole team really pretty diffrent 10 out of 10

hey

The main Combo i like on the team is the sandstorm and Toxic spikes damage while jirachi flinches them. Its a pretty mean idea and i like it.

The only reason i wouldnt use this team the way you do is that i dont think its a great idea using Tyranitar as a lead. I know most of the rest of the team has recovery moves. BUt that constant bit of damage i think is not a good idea. Could you maybe Find a Different lead ? Or swap T-tar with another Pokemon on your team and replace them with a good lead. A great lead i would suggest is Azelf. T-tar is also a bit slow to be a lead. He gets Destroyed by Infernape who is a Common lead and most other leads inlcuding the monkey carry taunt and move faster than him.

you should only use one set of spikes, and as i have already Complimented the Toxic ones i would say Drop the normal ones for Explosion to go out with a bang and Swap payback for Gyro ball. If he Holds a macho brace he can Kill Spin blocking gengars with ease as well as having a Great Stab move. Even if he gets trapped by Maggy he can Still Explode and cause a Fair bit of damage ( im not sure how much, you should check on the calculator). and even if that seems like a waste, he got out the spikes and nearly killed his counter. Thats not too bad and thats the worst case scenario.

Anyway, i hope you can get something out of a bit of constructive critisism. Its looking great so far. Good Luck.

I changed the latias set to the one Megan_Fox suggested, however i changed the evs for more bulk.

@Nick0 92

I see what you are saying with Tyranitar and im trying other pokemon, but Tyranitar is there to beat a select few leads that cause this team trouble and can come in later for SR. The Explosion>Spikes idea is nice and ive contemplated it before so that will probly happen. As for Payback and Gyro Ball im going to keep Payback to hit incoming Rotom-A's trying to spin block and have another way to beat pokemon such as Latias and Gengar barring HP Fire. Again to spikes :P i forgot, i think i may keep them due to the fact that Latias does have roar and can rack up damage on the likes of Scizor and Tyranitar

Thank you for the Rates! Keep 'em coming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)