Gyarados 6-0's your team, blah blah...

Right. The title says it all. Gyarados, the ginormous blue macaroni noodle of doom, eats teams who's gyara counters don't exist or have been worn away. Well, this team focuses on moving out those counters and other possible threats and brings in said water snake thing to just destroy villages and flatten mountains (pokedex entry). And besides, who doesn't enjoy owning people with a fricking giant water snake thing?
Here We Go...

Alrighty...3 600 BST pogeys, along with bronzong and gyarados. Well, at least we don't see snorlax too much. Here we go...

TTS...Hmm...:P
a.k.a. Bronzong

===============
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
Ev's: 252 hp, 152 attack, 8 defense, 96 special defense
~ Hypnosis
~ Stealth Rock
~ Gyro Ball
~ Reflect
Comments: Bronzong makes a good lead. He gets off a sleep rather easily, sets up rocks, and possibly sets up a screen. Bronzong fares well against other leads with his high defenses. He's pretty cool, and you all know what a bitch he is. Mamoswine is a bitch to this team without bronzong, and bronzong does nicely to him with gyro ball while resisting pretty much everything he throws at me.

Role in assisting Gyarados: Bronzong sets up the all-important stealth rocks for the team, ruining random sashes and whatnot. Bronzong also sleeps pokemon that may be problematic for gyarados, and he sets up a screen just for the whole team to take hits a bit better in general.

Onion Salad...
a.k.a. Celebi

==============
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 252 hp, 96 special attack, 162 defense
~ Thunder Wave
~ Grass Knot
~ Recover
~ U-turn / Psychic / Heal Bell
Comments: Celebi is important to helping my sweeps with gyarados. He can come in rather nicely on those bulky waters that want to hp electric the poor litle noodle and deal with those bulky waters with a nice grass knot to the butthole. Celebi provides me with the ability to spread around status while also possibly healing my own. Celebi makes a good status absorber with natural cure, which is a bonus.

Role in assisting Gyarados: Celebi is immportant, as I said. Gyarados's big counters for many teams are bulky waters that pack hp electric. Well, celebi just happens to hit bulky waters with stab grass knot that hits for max weight numbers rather often. He also happens to resist hp electric. Well....A team based around gyarados might like that, perhaps. Another really helpful thing celebi does is spread around thunderwave, helping gyarados match the pace of those darned scarfers that are flying around everywhere.

Hot B/Witch
a.k.a. Heatran

===============
Mismagious @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Ev's: 252 speed, 116 hp, 140 special attack
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power: Fighting
~ Calm Mind
~ Substitute
Comments: Mismagious has 3 immunities to common types, making her able to switch into quite a bit of stuff (things like rapid spin) and get a free turn. She is able to use the free turn well, throwing up a sub. With reflect up, cm mismagious becomes a formidable force, getting hurt by few things and hiding behind her sub before completely sweeping a team.

Role in assisting Gyarados: Mismagious doesn't live to support gyarados like celebi does, but rather, she serves as a spin-blocker, thwarting people's attempts to spin away my spikes, and as another set-up sweeper, doing very well with reflect up. Mismagious is one of those awesome special attacking pokemon that beats blissey, which is awesome.

Ieatbabies
a.k.a. Garchomp

=================
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast
~ Stone Edge
Comments: Scarfchomp makes a great revenge killer, and he happens to be immune to electric as well. In the speed based metagame of today, pretty much every team needs a really fast revenge killer to reset the pace of the battle after a team member has died. Scarfchomp does a good job at this, hitting hard and fast with stab outrage and earthquake. You all know how this goes.

Role in assisting Gyarados: Garchomp can come in on rock and electric attacks aimed at gyarados and then put the hurt on the opponent. This is good, as putting the hurt on the opponent is what offensive teams like this need to do. Garchomp comes in nicely on stuff and then hits hard. I may change and garchomp to band after some testing, but I prefer my scarfers to be faster than the category heatran is in.

Subway Diet
a.k.a. Snorlax

===============
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Sassy
Ev's: 244 hp, 28 defense, 236 special defense
~ Body Slam
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Pursuit
Comments: Two of the major counters to gyarados are starmie and mesprit. With snorlax and his pursuit, neither can come in too often (though mesprit does a good job of surviving one). Resttalk because I have no sleep absorber (celebi doesn't activate sleep clause) and snorlax likes recovery. Body slam is stab and has a good chance of paralysis, aiding this rather slow team. Snorlax makes a nice special wall that can do stuff as well.

Role in assisting Gyarados: Snorlax removes two of gyarados's big counters, and he takes special attacks for the team as well. He absorbs sleep that might be aimed at gyarados, so that gyarados can sweep without sleeping on the job. Snorlax also resists fire and ice, giving two good resistances to switch on for the team. He can still hit for okay damage too.

Team-Sweeping Noodle
a.k.a. Gyarados

=======
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 attack, 72 hp, 184 speed
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
Comments: Gyarados! The team sweeping noodle! After this guy's counters are weakened or gone, this thing wreaks havoc. If he gets in a few dragon dances, it's gg right there. You all know how Gyara does his thing, and he does it well. He has intimidate, bulkiness, and some resistances to switch on, lots of things gets scared away from him, so he dragon dances and starts rampaging through teams.

Role in assisting Gyarados: are you serious?

So that's the team. The idea is to set down rocks, batter the opponent a bit, and then sweep with gyarados! Rate/hate/fix away!

- Stathakis

The team looks solid, but I would change Snorlax and Celebis EVs. Celebi needs a lot more Def, 96 SAtk is the maximum I would go to have a safe 3HKO on Bulkydos. Snorlax would like the HP EVs in his SDef stat, as his HP are already immense.
Maybe you would want a spinner/wisher, or atleast leech seed on Celebi to help Gyarados recovering Damage from Rocks and switchins. Does Bronzong learn light screen? If he does, replace reflect with it, it would be really funny to see how Gyarados sets up on Celebi thanks to Light screen and then sweeps the opposing team^^

Heatran is the least useful of your pogeymans I think, you already have enough resistances for the types it covers. But I dont know whcih othe rpokemon would fit your team more :(

Yes, HP Electric is a 3-4HKO on Gyara after Light Screen so...WIN! IMO Scarf Machamp could fit over Heatran. Doesn't give you any weaks more than you had, besides 2 flying but you have a solid resist in Bronzong to an unpopular type. Machamp could revenge kill against those Sand Veil BrightPowder Swords Dance Garchomps which your team can't touch(besides ScarfChomp) but IMO relying on a revenge killer is no fun because what if they have a Weavile waiting to Ice Shard your now stuck Garchomp?

The team looks solid, but I would change Snorlax and Celebis EVs. Celebi needs a lot more Def, 96 SAtk is the maximum I would go to have a safe 3HKO on Bulkydos. Snorlax would like the HP EVs in his SDef stat, as his HP are already immense.
Maybe you would want a spinner/wisher, or atleast leech seed on Celebi to help Gyarados recovering Damage from Rocks and switchins. Does Bronzong learn light screen? If he does, replace reflect with it, it would be really funny to see how Gyarados sets up on Celebi thanks to Light screen and then sweeps the opposing team^^

Heatran is the least useful of your pogeymans I think, you already have enough resistances for the types it covers. But I dont know whcih othe rpokemon would fit your team more :(
heatran was kinda just stuck on at the last minute as a guy who can get in easily and pummel stuff. he is the least useful of my pokemon in terms of gyarados sweeps, but it's nice to have someone who can absorb will-o-wisp. now I'm looking at scarfchamp, so yeah...

Actally right now, I'm looking at wishbliss over snorlax, to heal the team, as it is rather fragile-ish, and still kinda slow. the only problem is that I have no good way to deal with starmie except maybe switching celebi on specs thunderbolt, which kinda blows as a way to counter.

Yes, HP Electric is a 3-4HKO on Gyara after Light Screen so...WIN! IMO Scarf Machamp could fit over Heatran. Doesn't give you any weaks more than you had, besides 2 flying but you have a solid resist in Bronzong to an unpopular type. Machamp could revenge kill against those Sand Veil BrightPowder Swords Dance Garchomps which your team can't touch(besides ScarfChomp) but IMO relying on a revenge killer is no fun because what if they have a Weavile waiting to Ice Shard your now stuck Garchomp?

scarfchamp looks pretty cool as a way to force switches and stuff, and it's another rock resist that does some pretty large damage. hax pisses me off, so that's a good idea still. looking at scarfchamp, definitely.

I didn't know that hp electric did that little to gyara after a light screen. oh my goodness gracious, that sounds pretty cool!

uh what's with your celebi's EVs. i assume you mean 212 special defense? or something?
on that celebi (with healbell) i use
EVs: 240 HP/176 Def/32 Spd/60 SDef bold

lax's evs need work too. i'd just max his special defense or give him 16 hp, 236 sdef and 104 def

i like timid on lo heatran to help kill other heatran, especially with taunt, also to beat stuff like loom, and all the stuff sitting around at 270.

Accumulating the HP EVs into SpDef for Snorlax, allows it to take special hits roughly 6 - 8% better. Which is reccomended.

uh what's with your celebi's EVs. i assume you mean 212 special defense? or something?
on that celebi (with healbell) i use
EVs: 240 HP/176 Def/32 Spd/60 SDef bold
This, except always max HP first.

You'll find Vaporeon a little more difficult to deal with as it doesn't care as much about Grass Knot. Most people use Wish/Protect though rather than Subpass, so there's no big risk involved.

Yeah that HP Electric calc was from psypoke damage calc, which has been great for me and that is coming from 269 special attack, so that is basically what most bulky waters shoot for to beat Garchomp.

If Heatran is expandable, then youd probably want something anti-Heracross there. Already OHKOs half the team with it's 2 stab moves, while CC/MH will 2HKO Bronzong/Garchomp, perhaps even OHKO if it was CB'd. Do you really want a Gyarados thats switching into Stealth Rocks take Heras attack, even if it's NVE?

Don't get rid of Heatran. You'll have a bit of trouble against opposing Celebi with hp fire, or just Celebi in general without it. I also prefer HP Grass over Dragon Pulse on Heatran, but it's your call. It's just that Dragon Pulse is a little weak without specs.

well, you guys nailed down my hera weakness that I stupidly overlooked. I'm looking now at cm mismagious over heatran. while it doesn't kill heracross, it can come in on close combat, and megahorn if reflect is up. missy likes the free turn she gets, giving her the chance to throw up a sub and start cming. while it doesn't fix my hera weakness, it gives me a spin-blocker and a fair hera-exploiter if reflect is up. I'd really love it if someone helped me squeeze a wisher or spinner on to the team.

There is a possible way, but that requires turning this into a more defensive oriented team I suppose. Replace Bronzong with Jirachi, you keep your Stealth Rock, Reflect, as well as being able to Wish. However, as this does increase the Garchomp issue, your second thing would to replace that Mismagius with something such as Donphan, who has enough defense to switch in a few times, Rapid Spin, Ice Shard against the Dragons, and even Stealth Rock if you don't want to use that slot on Jirachi.

hmm...a donphan could do well on the team, but if I take out mismagious, I have just about no special attack, which is something that I just don't really like, even if the team works fine. Jirachi over 'zong might work. After some testing, the team has actually worked rather well, going undefeated in like 15 (not really that many, but it's still good) matches. it's funny, because in just about every one of them, the opponent didn't manage to get in their rocks. and on one of the ones where they did, gyarados actually swept them the hardest. ironic =D mismagious has helped the team a lot, helping to cripple stuff like charge beam cressy for me. I'm liking her on the team. yeah, this was a pretty pathetic bump, but I'm still open to ideas.

Have you even considered Starmie for your team? It'll Rapid Spin and Ice Beam away the dragons while allowing you to keep some special attack.

I'm not sure if you want to go with Jirachi or Zong in the lead slot as both can SR and have unique advantages. Does your Gyara ever take a lot of damage before its final sweep? Has it ever failed to sweep because of damage caused early on? If so, then you prob want Jirachi. Basically, it may come down to if you need Wish or not.

no, gyara usually gets down to low hp as I dragon dance (usually cause I do it 3 times to make sure I outspeed certain threats). the low hp hasn't ever really gotten to him. the thing about starmie is that I've got to make it either bulky (spinning) or attacking (to make the special attack "count"), but I can't really do both, and it just really adds an electric weak, which is something I don't really need. also, I've never really been a fan of starmie. the team is just sort of full right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)