Guerilla Warfare (Peaked page 1)

Guerilla Warfare​
The use of hit-and-run tactics by small, mobile groups of irregular forces operating in territory controlled by a hostile, regular force.​

About the team: Maneuver warfare, the concept of warfare that advocates attempting to defeat an adversary by incapacitating their decision-making through shock and disruption brought about by movement. Its concepts are reflected by a number of strategies seen throughout the team. After scouting them out and weakening them through the tactics of Guerilla Warfare, I continue to bring them down to a point where Darmanitan can come in and destroy them, or where Chansey can stall them. Each of my Pokemon offer precise and essential synergy to one another and support each other to no end.

The Team at a glance:

Crobat (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 20 SDef / 176 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn
The guerrilla army would avoid any confrontation with large units of enemy troops, but seek and eliminate small groups of soldiers to minimize losses and exhaust the opposing force. Not limiting their targets to personnel, enemy resources are also preferred targets. All of that is to weaken the enemy's strength, to cause the enemy eventually to be unable to prosecute the war any longer, and to force the enemy to withdraw. Crobat's position in this team is crucial, as it successfully scouts my opponents as well as prevents them from setting up hazards and other things that would potentially weaken my chances of winning. Brave Bird is it's STAB that allows it to wreck enemies, Taunt is there to anti-lead, Roost is to heal it's damage from Brave Bird and other casualties and U-Turn is to scout the enemy as well as get the offensive momentum rolling.

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn
Aggressive mobility. Mobility and aggressive small unit action is extremely important for the counter-insurgent regime. Heavy formations must be lightened to aggressively locate, pursue and fix insurgent units. They must be kept on the run constantly with aggressive patrols, raids, ambushes, sweeps, cordons, roadblocks, prisoner snatches, etc. Darmanitan's power is also crucial for this team, as it is able to deal massive damage with any one of it's attacks and keep the offensive momentum going with U-Turn. Darmanitan is also my late-game sweeper as it can tear the team apart once Jolteon and Thundurus weaken it to the point where they cannot withstand the power of Darmanitan.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
Methodical clear and hold. An "ink spot" clear and hold strategy must be used by the counter-insurgent regime, dividing the conflict area into sectors, and assigning priorities between them. Control must expand outward like an ink spot on paper, systematically neutralizing and eliminating the insurgents in one sector of the grid, before proceeding to the next. It may be necessary to pursue holding or defensive actions elsewhere, while priority areas are cleared and held. Jolteon's job is to not only keep the offensive momentum going, but to destroy the water types and physical walls that might otherwise stop Darmanitan from wreaking havoc on the opponent. Hidden Power Grass is there to assault enemy ground types.

Tornadus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
- Hammer Arm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- U-turn
Every effort must be made to gather and organize useful intelligence. A systematic process must be set up to do so. Creative measures must also be used, including the use of double agents, or even bogus "liberation" or sympathizer groups that help reveal insurgent personnel or operations. Tornadus' job is to scout the enemy and spread status as well as keep hazards off the battlefield with Taunt. U-Turn is to scout and again, keep the offensive momentum. Hammer Arm is an attacking move that destroys pesky Steel-Types that would otherwise wall the set. It's EVs maximize survivability while still being able to deal massive damage with Hammer Arm and U-Turn.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
The people are the key base to be secured and defended rather than territory won or enemy bodies counted. Contrary to the focus of conventional warfare, territory gained, or casualty counts are not of overriding importance in guerrilla warfare. The support of the population is the key variable. The force must also focus its efforts on providing physical and mental health for that population and defending it against insurgent attacks and propaganda. Chansey is the special wall, and healer, of the team. As well as spreading Toxic around and walling special attackers, it also heals my team and keeps them in battle. Since my team is weak to hazards and will be switching around due to the nature of the team, wish support is a must.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
Ground level embedding and integration. In tandem with mobility and aggressiveness is the embedding of hardcore counter-insurgent units or troops with local security forces and civilian elements. Donphan absorbs electric attacks, which two of my Pokemon are weak to, as well as rapid spinning Stealth Rock and setting Stealth Rock up. Knock off helps to weaken the foe by knocking off their leftovers and the likes. Earthquake is the usual stab, and the EV investment maximizes damage output as well as adds enough bulk and enough speed to outspeed other Donphans.

A last look at the team:

That's a pretty unusual set for Tornadus, could you go into more specific depth about what it achieves? What attacks does Tornadus now survive that it couldn't before? I'm not sure if I'm sold on the EV spread, but I suppose it makes sense since your Tornadus isn't really going to be attacking fast targets with Hammer Arm. Furthermore, I'm not really sure if Tornadus is necessary since Crobat and Chansey already perform most of its roles.

That's a pretty unusual set for Tornadus, could you go into more specific depth about what it achieves? What attacks does Tornadus now survive that it couldn't before? I'm not sure if I'm sold on the EV spread, but I suppose it makes sense since your Tornadus isn't really going to be attacking fast targets with Hammer Arm. Furthermore, I'm not really sure if Tornadus is necessary since Crobat and Chansey already perform most of its roles.
I understand what you're saying, and maybe there would be a better replacement for Tornadus considering Chansey and Crobat do already fill it's roles, but with the EVs, it's mostly for it to be able to take more hits, but not necessarily ones that it couldn't take. Any suggestions to replace Tornadus or a new investment would be welcome.

Hi there Speedy, i'm answering your request to rate your team. As stated above, there are too many pokes doing the same thing in this team. As I couldn't follow pokemonworld news the last two months thanks to school, I think I missed out on quite a lot of things. For example, I'm surprised to see that Tornadus is in UU, i'm very confused.

Anyway, even though I really like Tornadus (Hurricane ftw!) I guess that this team indeed does not need it. A replacement is in my opinion easy, seen there are so many pokes in UU who do well on their own. Some points about the team, improvements etc.

-I don't see a lot of use in putting (Sp.)Def EVs on Crobat, it's a fragile poke, just stick the EVs in attack or speed. Also the HP EVs, maybe they have a use for a reason to me unknown, but I think that with Crobat you should stick to Speed and Attack.

-I suggest you make Darmanitan even harder-hitting by changing his item to Choice Band. That's because I have a revengekiller in mind as a replacement for Tornadus anyway.

-...That poke being the almighty Heracross. I play UU a lot (now it's the only tier i'm playing) and in my opinion Heracross is a great poke in the tier, fitting well in it and handling many threats in the tier well too. This Heracross would be a revenger, so max Spe and Choice Scarf. Here's the set:

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Jolly, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Night Slash

Great set. Ability doesn't really matter, as long as it's not Swarm, both other two are good. Megahorn and CC form the set, being awesome STABmoves. Stone Edge takes care of flying enemies thinking they can master you. The last slot is for either hitting Steels and stuff, or to hit Ghosts hard.
As already said, this is a revengekiller, so Choice Scarf+Jolly+252 Spe. Done.

For the rest, it all seems to be ok as a whole. Good Luck testing and laddering!

Cap'n to your service,
Cap'n.

Thanks for the rate, but unfortunately I think adding another choice user would be bad, as it would make half my team choice-based. Also, Darmanitan really needs the speed and he does enough damage as it is considering he's a late game sweeper. Either way I'll try it out :)

In regards to replacing Tornadus, I think a Spikes user would be good. Your team forces a lot of switches, and hazards really take advantage of that. I don't really have time for a full rate right now, but Deoxys-D is a good choice, since it has fantastic bulk and can run a Taunt+Toxic set of it's own if you wish. However, Spikes+Recover+Taunt+Night Shade is probably the most reliable (If basic) set. Froslass is another option to consider. Although it's defenses are far worse, it also blocks Rapid Spin. That's the first idea that came to mind, and I might be back later with a more comprehensive rate. But I like the team. U-Turn spam is epic.

I'd run flight gem acrobatics on the Tornadus, you'd secure important kills where raw power is needed, otherwise he seems like the weak link. Given the nature of your team Toxic also seems like a poor choice, you wont be doing much stalling to build up residual damage, you're better off forcing switches to keep the priority advantage by running Torment/Taunt or Tailwind. If you really just want to spread toxic, toxic spikes will do it far better than a 90 accuracy move from a pokemon with poor typing and no bulk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)