Tournaments GSCPL IV - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader

Art by Kolohe

Hosted by roxie and Hiro'
Tournaments Rules and General Guidelines
GSCPL IV Commencement and Administrative Decisions Thread (coming soon)
Spreadsheet (coming soon)

>>> GSCPL IV Discord <<<
This is the Manager Signups thread for GSCPL IV. Every manager must have a co-manager, who must like the manager's signup post or reply to the manager's signup post with "confirming". Every manager should use the following format in order to sign up to potentially manage a team.

Code:
Manager:
Co-Manager:
Team Name:
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional, only applies if we end up with 6 teams):
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:

We are aiming for a team count of 8. If there aren’t enough manager signups, there will be a team count of 6. Beware that if we end up with 8 teams, there will be no retains! In the event we end up with 6 teams, we will announce Retain Pools in the Administrative Decisions thread when Player Signups go up. According to this decision, each team will be allowed up to two manager self buys, with the first self buy having a price of 15k and the second self buy having a price of 30k.

Deadline for Manager Signups: Sunday September 24th, 9:00 PM GMT-4.

Manager: cherryb0ng
Co-Manager: hunternoooob
Team Name: Violet City Sages
Preferred retain pool: Wii Fit Wolverines.
Why should the hosting team pick you?: I have experience playing GSC for a long time now. My experience with most if not all the gen2 tiers increases each day. My goal is to strive being a great element of support for my team by applying my knowledge of most GSC tiers. Hunternoob (aka chriscp) has also participated and managed in many discord team tournaments.
With the fact that there will be 8 teams this year, I wish to outdo my performance from last year. I also wish to emphasize haivng a positive environment and granting everyone something that my they can remember fondly from an entertainment and a competitive perspective.
I honestly wish the best for this series and hope to see it continue growing.

Last edited:

BeeOrSomething

Daylight Savings Time sucks
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Manager: BeeOrSomething
Assistant Manager: Mashing
Team Name: The Sleepy Snorlaxes
Preferred Retain Pool: Any, Iron Man Machamps

Why should the hosting team pick you?:
I am part of the GSC moderation team and Ruins of Alph room moderation team. I have extensive knowledge of NU, having written many posts in the discussion threads, going 4-3 in ALTPL I, and having played several hundred games in the tier this year. I am also capable at OU, having reached round 5 of this year’s global championships, and have some knowledge of UU, reaching finals in this year’s GSC UU Open. Mashing is a fellow RoA room mod and compliments well, having great knowledge of Ubers, being on the GSC Ubers QC team, and having a positive record in the tier across GSCPL III and UPL XI. I have experience drafting and planning in a few side discord team tournaments. I believe with our knowledge and skill we have the capability to put together a great team and deserve a spot.

Manager: BeeOrSomething
Assistant Manager: Mashing
Team Name: Sleepy Snorlaxes
Preferred Retain Pool: Any, Iron Man Machamps

I am part of the GSC moderation team and Ruins of Alph room moderation team. I have extensive knowledge of NU, having written many posts in the discussion threads, going 4-3 in ALTPL I, and having played several hundred games in the tier this year. I am also capable at OU, having reached round 5 of this year’s global championships, and have some knowledge of UU, reaching finals in this year’s GSC UU Open. Mashing is a fellow RoA room mod and compliments well, having great knowledge of Ubers, being on the GSC Ubers QC team, and having a positive record in the tier across GSCPL III and UPL XI. I have experience drafting and planning in a few side discord team tournaments. I believe with our knowledge and skill we have the capability to put together a great team and deserve a spot.
confirming

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: Mrsoup
Co-Manager: BigFatMantis
Team Name: The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Bayleef Saints
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional, only applies if we end up with 6 teams): Raikous
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I am well-acquainted in the GSC space, particularly the low tiers but also in OU, with great tournament success. I have strong team tour experience across several player environments, as well as managing experience in ALTPL I and WCOR 2023, leading both of my teams to playoffs. I also know the player base of GSC well, and will sink as many hours as it takes to collect this dub.
BFM is similarly invested in GSC, particularly within Ubers and UU, collecting impressive tournament results. He's also not a stranger to all three aspects of the team tour; hes participated in more than he can count, has hosted the likes of the last two UUFPLs, and has managed WCOR with me and USW for the ROA Olympics.
Together we make an awesome duo with plenty of experience and a good track record of working together :)
bayleef saints.png

Last edited:
Manager: BigFatMantis
Co-Manager: MrSoup

Team Name: The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Bayleef Saints

Preferred Retain Pool (Optional, only applies if we end up with 6 teams): Raikous

Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I am well-acquainted in the GSC space, particularly the low tiers, with strong tournament success. I have strong team tour experience across several player environments, as well as managing experience in ROA Olypmics and WCOR 2023, leading both of my teams to better results than the previous years. I also know the player base of GSC well, and will sink as many hours as it takes to collect this dub
MrSoup is similarly invested in GSC, particularly within NU and UU, collecting impressive tournament results. He's also not a stranger to all three aspects of the team tour; hes participated in more than he can count, has been very active in GSC lower tier discussions, and has managed WCOR with me and the Rattatas in ALT PL I, with both teams making the semifinals.
Together we make an awesome duo with plenty of experience and a good track record of working together ;)

1695009220260.png

Staxi

Staxoat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: Rubyblood
Team Name: TBD
Preferred Retain Pool: Iron Man Machamps

As a manager I won SCL II, UPL and SMPL I. As a player I played all the editions of GSCPL and made it to finals each time (won the whole tour 2 times). I also made it to finals of the very first gsc ubers circuit tour. Ruby is one of the best OU player right now, currently being a finalist of the latest GSC cup and the winner of the summer seasonal III. As a manager he also won a french team tournament. Together, we will create the most competitive team.

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Manager: Staxi
Assistant Manager: Rubyblood
Team Name: TBD
Preferred Retain Pool: Iron Man Machamps

As a manager I won SCL II, UPL and SMPL I. As a player I played all the editions of GSCPL and made it to finals each time (won the whole tour 2 times). I also made it to finals of the very first gsc ubers circuit tour. Ruby is one of the best OU player right now, currently being a finalist of the latest GSC cup and the winner of the summer seasonal III. As a manager he also won a french team tournament. Together, we will create the most competitive team.
Confirming.

Manager: Fantos13
Assistant Manager: Estarossa
Team Name: Royal Raikous

After having played the first one and co-managing the last two (as well as several other tours like the recently concluded BWPL, and currently UMPL) I know the playerbase very well and can easily draft and pilot a team to victory. Having played a good chunk of all the tiers over the years / especially OU made me really confident in my managerial abilities here. I want to win this thing after reaching finals last year
Estarossa is one of the most invested people in GSC Lower tiers, especially UU, with impeccable records in said tier. Having managed the Raikous the recent years they also know ropes and are able to build a strong team.

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager: vani
Co-Manager: Isa
Team Name: Cursed Tyranitars
Preferred Retain Pool: Tyranitars
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
I managed in the past two editions and play quite frequently and succesfully all tiers included in this tournament especially OU and Ubers. I'll be joined this year by none other than the GSC Ubers GOAT Isa who managed in SPL in the past.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
Manager: cherryb0ng
Co-Manager: hunternoooob
Preferred retain pool: Wii Fit Wolverines.
Why should the hosting team pick you?: I have experience playing GSC for a long time now. My experience with most if not all the gen2 tiers increases each day. My goal is to strive being a great element of support for my team by applying my knowledge of most GSC tiers. Hunternoob (aka chriscp) has also participated and managed in many discord team tournaments.
With the fact that there will be 8 teams this year, I wish to outdo my performance from last year. I also wish to emphasize haivng a positive environment and granting everyone something that my they can remember fondly from an entertainment and a competitive perspective.
I honestly wish the best for this series and hope to see it continue growing.
Confirming :quagsire:

Last edited:
Manager: Raichy
Co-Manager: ziloXX alias el gordito
Team Name: Shunkō Jolteons
Preferred Retain Pool (Optional, only applies if we end up with 6 teams): —
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: Me and Ziloxx managed in a gscpl already and we did well, also both of us have exp with managing + the tier overall

descarga (1).gif

Last edited:

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
The teams and managers for GSCPL IV are confirmed to be as follows:

:snorlax: Sleepy Snorlaxes - BeeOrSomething and Mashing
:marowak: Bone Crushers - FNH and Siatam
:bayleef: Ladder-Bayleef Saints - MrSoup and BigFatMantis
:zapdos: Amp Plains Zapdos - Staxi and Rubyblood
:raikou: Royal Raikous - Fantos13 and Estarossa
:tyranitar: Cursed Tyranitars - vani and Isa
:jolteon: Shunkō Jolteons - Raichy and ziloXX
:vaporeon: Vaporized Vaporeons - Nalorium and Justamente

Since there is two more teams than the previous edition, there will be no retains! Player Signups will be up momentarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)