ORAS OU Gross

Hi ..., god writing sucks I can't even think of a dumb opening that will be immediately discarded. But anyway here's my ou team that I built around megagross. Usually I'm not particularly skilled in singles but this team deviated from the norm of me clicking random buttons and losing. This time, I clicked random buttons while winning. Thus I wanted to make an RMT of it. I peaked around 1750 on the ladder before being insulted by a reptilian ladder overlord, getting haxed twice, tilting, and moving back to doubles, (...) where i got haxed more. Fitting.

Here's the team

I started out with the megagross plus volcanion due to volcanion's ability to beat steels that wall gross such as skarm, ferro and msczor as well as hippowdown. Keld was added because it put more pressure on ferro and zor while gross could deal w fairies. Weavile was added because volc and keld lured latis and starmies. Lati was added because it could provide defog support to weavile and volc while also giving another check to m venu. Finally landot was added for ground immune and rocker.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
The MVP. T-punch and ice punch was so useful for dealing damage to bulky waters, skarm, talon and chomp/landot. T-punch especially helped many times in finishing off a threat such as m-slowbro when it was weakened. Eq was chosen over hammer arm due to its accuracy, lack of the annoying speed drop, ability to ohko tran and help with the mega gross mirror.

Volcanion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Sludge Wave
Volcanion was not quite as good as I expected but it still did its job. I chose the scarf set because it could lure pokemon such as thund, gar, weavile, serp, megagross and m-diancie into staying in and taking a huge chunk. Toxic was replaced for earth power because it could more reliably weaken threats such as torn-t, lati, m-bro, and bulky qd volc without wasting precious steam eruption pp; earth power was generally the least useful move on volcanion as well since sludge wave could hit clef.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
Specs Keld was chosen because I already had a scarfer and a wallbreaker that could pressure chansey was something that the team appreciated. Initially I had hp electric for volcanion but i changed it to focus blast because it did more damage and could dunk mons such as unsuspecting rotoms. The rest of the set is pretty standard.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
Weavile helped with pursuit trapping the latis and starmies that volcanion and keldeo lured in while also dealing with threats such as torn, thund, and raikou. Ice shard served as useful priority for revenge killing threats such as m-zam, scarf landot and scarf chomp. Weavile generally functioned as a late game cleaner once the other members of the team weakened the bulkier threats(ie; clef, tran, ferro, skarm, etc.).

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover
Lati served as my main form of hazard control and check to m-venu, keld, and rotom. I opted for recover over hp fire as I already had keld and volcanion for msciz and ferro. Recover also gave enough sustain for multiple defogs throughout a match and a way to deviously laugh at torn's knock plus u-turn combo.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Lando-t was added to the last slot because the squad needed both a rocker and a ground/electric immune. Lando-t served as the main check to sand as well as most physical attackers in general with intimidate. Helmet allowed me to wear down threats such as scarf rachi, scarf landot, m-medi, and m-lopp.

If a good player weakens my checks of hoping gross and lati survive a coverage move then I just click x

stall can be annoying because the combination of hazards, cleric and pursuit trapper can put a lot of pressure on the team.

mixed thund, a set I've seen more recently, can put a dent in my team since knock pressures lati.

This thing ohkos most of my team :IIIII.

Matame - for fun test matches

Pokemon showdown ladder - for being fucking retarded

Thus this concludes my RMT. Thanks if you actually read everything. Seriously it takes a lot of effort to read this boring shit :IIIIII.

yo whatsup, id like to rate your team :]

its a solid team overall, which isnt really surprising since its pretty much one of the standard m-meta squads :D lets get into rating:

your team covers offense pretty well even though ice punch lopunny can be annoing, but i think that you will have some serious trouble to break through balance teams.
Most of balance teams right now have things like skarmory/tyranitar/amoongus and mega latias. hazard + ttar in general are really annoying to you since ttar traps your latios. and even if you get to defog, it would remove your hazards as well which u might need.

my second "problem" is that i dont like scarf-volcanion at all. its very slow and it doesnt even outspeed megas like mlopu with that scarf. its main-job is to threaten skarmory and ferrothorn while still taking some hits.
so i came to the conclusion that magnezone is the far better pick for this slot. it traps ferrothorn and skarmory reliably. Also it has quite a damage output with its specs-set. its natural bulk is actually quite good too so you can switch into some things like a banded-waterfall from azumarill. its also cool that it traps m-sciz which could be troublesome beause of the next step:

now your team lacks some speed and some kind of revenging would be great, so i figured that we could just change the keldeo set from specs to scarf. its a really reliable revenger and threatens offense-teams. even more than volcanion. this kinda makes up for the lose of speed because specs-zone isnt really fast. also i will add hp electric since your teams kinda struggles with regular and/or mega gyarados.
I dont think that you will miss the breaking power of specs-keldeo because u have got a double-punch-meta which just blows through teams right now and a magnezone which reliably removes opposing teammates. weavile is annoying for balance teams too.

sets:
Steve junge (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

add: you could also change earthquake to zen-headbutt so you cant lose to mvenu balance that easily. on the other hand you could run hammer arm to remove heatrans. there are quite some opportunities there :P

well yeah thats it hope i helped and if not then sry ;D

yo whatsup, id like to rate your team :]

its a solid team overall, which isnt really surprising since its pretty much one of the standard m-meta squads :D lets get into rating:

your team covers offense pretty well even though ice punch lopunny can be annoing, but i think that you will have some serious trouble to break through balance teams.
Most of balance teams right now have things like skarmory/tyranitar/amoongus and mega latias. hazard + ttar in general are really annoying to you since ttar traps your latios. and even if you get to defog, it would remove your hazards as well which u might need.

my second "problem" is that i dont like scarf-volcanion at all. its very slow and it doesnt even outspeed megas like mlopu with that scarf. its main-job is to threaten skarmory and ferrothorn while still taking some hits.
so i came to the conclusion that magnezone is the far better pick for this slot. it traps ferrothorn and skarmory reliably. Also it has quite a damage output with its specs-set. its natural bulk is actually quite good too so you can switch into some things like a banded-waterfall from azumarill. its also cool that it traps m-sciz which could be troublesome beause of the next step:

now your team lacks some speed and some kind of revenging would be great, so i figured that we could just change the keldeo set from specs to scarf. its a really reliable revenger and threatens offense-teams. even more than volcanion. this kinda makes up for the lose of speed because specs-zone isnt really fast. also i will add hp electric since your teams kinda struggles with regular and/or mega gyarados.
I dont think that you will miss the breaking power of specs-keldeo because u have got a double-punch-meta which just blows through teams right now and a magnezone which reliably removes opposing teammates. weavile is annoying for balance teams too.

sets:
Steve junge (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

add: you could also change earthquake to zen-headbutt so you cant lose to mvenu balance that easily. on the other hand you could run hammer arm to remove heatrans. there are quite some opportunities there :P

well yeah thats it hope i helped and if not then sry ;D
Thanks, I thought scarf keld would help my team but I didn't know what to replace volcanion with :D.

specs volc and scarf keld are better, volc hits harder (although keld's coverage is better) but most important keld revenge kills stuff way more easily thanks to its greater speed. you can also try yache lando-t to bait stuff like thundurus-t or mega manectric that looks quite troublesome

specs volc and scarf keld are better, volc hits harder (although keld's coverage is better) but most important keld revenge kills stuff way more easily thanks to its greater speed. you can also try yache lando-t to bait stuff like thundurus-t or mega manectric that looks quite troublesome
I've implemented this since mag lets like half my team die to a fire move lol. As for m-mane I usually pressure it with lati or weavile before it mega evolves so it usually isn't a big issue especially now that I've switched to scarf keld; also I really do like the helmet on lando for chip. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)