Great Tusk & Iron Treads 5* Raid Announced

Mex

The last ace in a lost hand
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
For reference, this event is announced as being able to be any tera type for both mons, standard version exclusive rules. Seems like they'll be more like the Blissey / Delibird / Ditto raid events than the Walking Wake & Iron Leaves release, but it's gonna be somewhat hard to come up with a general purpose counter

Special Attackers do seem like they'll be generally better for these though, just by virtue of the base stats

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For reference, this event is announced as being able to be any tera type for both mons, standard version exclusive rules. Seems like they'll be more like the Blissey / Delibird / Ditto raid events than the Walking Wake & Iron Leaves release, but it's gonna be somewhat hard to come up with a general purpose counter

Special Attackers do seem like they'll be generally better for these though, just by virtue of the base stats
Yeah, ironically most of the anti-Chestnaught builds are probably gonna be great as well. Appletun and Espathra gonna crush it.

Even being EQ week, Miraidon is probably gonna easily 1-shot Flying and Water ones like it did to Decidueye.

Since multi Tera type we’re gonna be able to catch as many as we like which will be sweeeet. So it’s mostly like the Mismagius/Drifbloomevent that allowed people to cross catch the version exclusives.

Hope they do Fluttermane+Iron Bundle next! I think they’d prioritize mons most relevant to VGC.

honestly i'm just hoping they just do something where the version exclusive for the opposite version shows up in the version you're playing [i.e: scarlet version exclusive shows up in violet vice versa] without needing online connectivity here

either way seems like depending on the tera type really any special attacker is free game here given their stats

honestly i'm just hoping they just do something where the version exclusive for the opposite version shows up in the version you're playing [i.e: scarlet version exclusive shows up in violet vice versa] without needing online connectivity here

either way seems like depending on the tera type really any special attacker is free game here given their stats
already confirmed otherwise, Tusk in Scarlet, Treads in Violet

Considering it's 5 star raids, they shouldnt really be that much challenging.

I would expect all of them to have t0 <set relevant condition> though, so having ways to remove them and/or something that uses it against them will be the best way to grind them.

Getting online raids of the other version is a far better way of getting multiple of those that coordinating with a mate with a different version so to be in the same place of Area Zero, as to get spawns of both versions.

Getting online raids of the other version is a far better way of getting multiple of those that coordinating with a mate with a different version so to be in the same place of Area Zero, as to get spawns of both versions.
Me wanting to Shiny Hunt Iron Treads with my own OT in Scarlet.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Let's hope they don't aggressively clear boosts / abilities the same way some of my other recent raids went. Drummer Chestnaught and the typical Drain Koraidon are probably going to be my best friends.

Corviknight will likely be a good general Screecher vs both Donphans. Both are physical attackers that typically have trouble breaking through the metal bird.

:corviknight:
Corviknight @ Shell Bell
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Screech
- Bulk Up
- Drill Peck
- Body Press

Since they're going to be in every type anyway, what do you think the odds are they give these things Tera Blast just to screw with a "general" counter on the odd time they get the right one (like Electric for the previously mentioned Corv)? Probably doesn't deal with the Hard Counter boosters too much but it crossed my mind while considering other obvious holes to patch like Tusk getting Stone Edge for its obvious problem with Flying Mons.

Since they're going to be in every type anyway, what do you think the odds are they give these things Tera Blast just to screw with a "general" counter on the odd time they get the right one (like Electric for the previously mentioned Corv)? Probably doesn't deal with the Hard Counter boosters too much but it crossed my mind while considering other obvious holes to patch like Tusk getting Stone Edge for its obvious problem with Flying Mons.
Not impossible but I kind of doubt it. All the events of these types have different moves than their base game and of them only Sylveon had Tera Blast but even base game Sylveon had Tera Blast.

I don't think these are meant to be especially challenging, per say, so I don't think we'll necessarily see them go all out movepool wise.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got a Great Tusk though! It does clear debuffs and boosts once near the end, which made things go South pretty quick even though we were winning handily since no one had a way to hurt it much behind shield with all boosts gone. Fortunately Espathra just barely tanked through and finished it with Tera Blast. I think I might switch to Vaporeon as my primary raid Mon here because Chilling Water after shield would have been a big help.

Let's hope they don't aggressively clear boosts / abilities the same way some of my other recent raids went. Drummer Chestnaught and the typical Drain Koraidon are probably going to be my best friends.
Pretty sure 5 star raids don't have access to the buff clear pulse or the remove negative effects from self thing. Only the ability to use the extra moves at predefined times/percents.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Pretty sure 5 star raids don't have access to the buff clear pulse or the remove negative effects from self thing. Only the ability to use the extra moves at predefined times/percents.
They have both. They also have the steal Tera boost.

EDIT: DAMN I musta gotten super lucky that neither of the Great Tusk I went after gave the “none” item. Also the Anti-Chestnaught Vaporeon definitely destroys this. Might want to change from Tera Grass to Tera Fighting to beat Steel Tusk & Chestnaught though.

Last edited:
I think the problem Khu mentioned back then was some HP bug that made it trivial to KO the paradox raid bosses, so this issue with item drops doesn't seem related.

Are there any other mons that don't have item drops but are in raids? Is the issue that all raids have Pokemon material drop chances and they need to recode something to cover the case of no item to drop? I would have thought it would be flexible enough to just zero out the chance of dropping the material and that would be enough, but maybe not.

Edit:

Sounds like the case:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)