Grades

I know my GPA is has to be higher than 3.6, 'cause I just got 4 As last semester and I was 3.6 going into it (yes, in college).

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Professors don't give grades, you earn them. : D

But of course, everything changes in college.
I can tell you with certainty that I've earned an A in every class that I took this semester... the matter of the professor realizing that and giving me credit for it is an entirely different matter. Grading is an art... and frankly, some educators suck at it.

Our grading scale is from 4 to 10, so it's a bit different from the most of you.

My average is 8.5, which is relatively good, but I think it could be better if I concentrated more on schoolwork. I don't concentrate nearly as much as I should.

3 Bs and 1 C so my overall gpa went down from a 3.76 to a 3.59...yup I work really hard! I just excuse it by telling people 'man you have no idea how hard UT is,' but I studied absolutely not at all this semester %_%

I can tell you with certainty that I've earned an A in every class that I took this semester... the matter of the professor realizing that and giving me credit for it is an entirely different matter. Grading is an art... and frankly, some educators suck at it.
No kidding...my friend took the course (Eng 101) last year and aced it (only reason he re-did it this year was because he was absent too many times). Now this year, he did the class again (Eng 101) and hes getting B's and C's...so yeah, it totally depends on the professor. Your overall performance and the grade you actually get can greatly vary.

straight A's thus far minus a B for my first unit of art coursework and a C for a mock exam I'd forgotten was happening.
I will however get a U on the next philosophy essay due to the fact I didn't finish it and instead wrote FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE THIS FUCKING ESSAY PHILOSOPHY IS SUCH PRETENTIOUS SCUMSUCING SHIT on the bottom of it.

I will however get a U on the next philosophy essay due to the fact I didn't finish it and instead wrote FUCK FUCK FUCK I HATE THIS FUCKING ESSAY PHILOSOPHY IS SUCH PRETENTIOUS SCUMSUCING SHIT on the bottom of it.
I did something like that for one of the questions in my last maths paper and got a B. Turns out that they don't mark you down for being a dick in your paper. Who knew?

my unweighted GPA is 4.0

I'm really just cruising through most of my classes, but I try a lot harder whenever I get a class that's hard or a teacher that makes everyone word a lot harder, but the only teacher in my school that I would describe like that fails half her class. Like, we were looking at the grades of students with their names blanked out, and out of 90 people, 47 had an F.

But that might just say something about how dumb everyone else around here is. I remember when some college did a survey of the dropout rate of high schools, 7 of the 8 schools in my area got labeled as 'dropout factories' or something.

I have a 3.66, but since I'm taking 3 honors classes, it's essentially a 3.96. Screw AP...

And since this thread is essentially a thread to show off and shit, I'd like to point out that my high school is currently ranked #1 in the LAUSD District =D. UCLA here I come lol

though my teahcer was a bitch in home ec one time, thats the only time my grades have been different.
she was a sexist, and she would give all the guys F'S or D's on everything for the stupidest fucking things.
she gave me a D on my recipe card because she said i had bad handwriting.

I could get a 4.0 if I really tried, but I am not a perfectionist and I am lazy. I usually settle with a 3.8-3.95 (or something like that). I am taking all honors classes btw so it is essentially higher than a 4.0

Anyway I am taking geometry now and I FUCKING HATE IT!!!!!

Proofs are the bane of my life. Ok, it is obvious that angle 1 is equal to itself, why do I need to prove it using a two column proof? There is just no point.

That is why I dont try to get a 4.0. If the class or lesson seems useless to me (second languages for example always seem useless because I dont want to take them) then I simply cannot force myself to try. Since I am naturally smart however, and I have a somewhat photographic memory, I can remember enough to get A's and B's on my tests without trying too hard.

Also we just had a Biology exam (I love Biology), and I aced it. I knew every single question except for maybe 2 or three out of the entire 100 question midterm.

Edit: Also the lowest I ever got on my GPA was a 3.6 but that was because the math teacher was mental. She would have angry outbursts and was fired because she made a lot of the students cry. Plus she never taught the lessons correctly, and if anyone asked her a question she would send them to the office.

I did something like that for one of the questions in my last maths paper and got a B. Turns out that they don't mark you down for being a dick in your paper. Who knew?
my philosophy teacher's amazing though [to the point of being my myspace friend and given me cigarettes] and I did warn him that it was a piece of shit. we shall see!

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Two finals done so far, two more to go...

The ones I had went horribly, though. Japanese was just awful; I hate foreign languages. Programming Languages, I missed a question not because I couldn't answer it, but because I ran out of time. Fuck.

People tend to lie about things like grades online if they think they have something to prove or want to try to impress people, and not many people in this thread have any reason to do that, Serynade (but also, as chaos already said, high school GPAs are always nice looking with AP classes involved)

akuchi did you use your womanly wiles to try to get the professor to improve your grade?!

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
4.25 last marking period of high school. However, my grades are a little down this marking period, so I suspect something lower than that when I get my new grades.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I'm at a point in my life where GPA doesn't really matter yet, but mine is 4.1. Only being able to take one Honors class ftl...

I just got my grades yesterday. This semester was rough because I just took match and science courses (engineering ftl) and I felt like putting more time into guitar hero than my homework. In particular, I was worried about my engineering courses cause I failed my final exams really hord. But apparently, everyone else in my class did too.

I ended up with a 3.55 GPA, bless my teachers' souls (bless their curve too).

I have around a 3.25 for semester. Of course, this wouldn't have happened if I did better in precalculus...

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
my school doesn't convert to a 4.0 scale, but last friday was the 5-week point and my grades were:

ap spanish - 94
ap literature - 95
ap physics b - 100
ap calc ab - 95
economics - 76

yeah, economics is pretty gay!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)