Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Tera Blast
Thunder Punch
Trick (For those Klutz sets???)
Zen Headbutt
Phantom Force

Pros
  1. You're using the coolest Pokémon ever.
  2. Tera gives Golurk the boost he wants for his other moves, such as his fighting coverage and fire coverage. He can even use Tera Fairy to go against Dark Types.
  3. It's physical moves hit like a truck.
  4. Klutz can let you hamper someone with a detrimental item without bothering you.
  5. No Guard Dynamic Punch is awesome.
  6. Iron FIst Elemental Punches are something! Add on Tera for fun.
  7. Outspeeds Kingambit by 5 base stat points.
  8. Works amazing on Sticky Web teams!
Cons
  1. Slow! He's very slow and almost everything outspeeds him in OU.
  2. Frail! 89/80/80 just doesn't cut it that much.
  3. It's typing isn't doing it any favors. Grass/Water/Dark/Ghost/Ice type moves destroy this guy.

Possible Tera
Fire/Ice/Electric: Elemental Punches?
Fairy: Screw those Dark types?
Rock: STAB Stone Edge?
Ghost: Stronger Poltergeist?
Ground: Stronger Earthquake?

Possible Sets

"Hey Look at me I'm using Klutz Golurk!"
Golurk @ Iron Ball
Ability: Klutz
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Punchy Golurk

Golurk @ Punching Glove
Ability: Iron Fist
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ice/Electric/Fire/Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Punch

No Guard-Abuser Golurk

Golurk @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Poltergeist
- Earthquake​

Conclusion: Golurk is awesome and while he probably isn't OU material, he is definitely worth the time to experiment and have fun with.

Golurk was one of my favourite Gen 5 Mons, and while I'm glad it's back, I wish it got more to play with this time. Anyway, Golurk needs to take advantage of its great coverage and STAB moves to get the most bang for its buck:

Golurk @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Ground/Ghost/Steel/Fairy
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist
- Ice Punch
- Drain/Thunder/Fire Punch

Poltergeist and Earthquake are the main moves with their 100+ BP and STAB boosts. Ice Punch is fantastic coverage for common Ground and Dragon types, is boosted by Iron Fist, and offers terrific neutral coverage with Earthquake. The last move depends on preference and team needs, as all three are boosted by Iron Fist, and pair well with at least one of the other aforementioned moves coverage-wise. Drain Punch keeps Golurk alive longer, Thunder Punch if your team runs Electric Terrain or if you're worried about Water types raining on your parade, and Fire Punch if your team runs Sun.

You could opt for Shadow Punch instead of Poltergeist if the 90% accuracy worries you and if your team relies heavily on item removal, but even with an Iron Fist boost, the power loss is significant. Close Combat is also a great Fighting move for the last slot, and is a lot stronger than Drain Punch, but Golurk already has lackluster bulk, low Speed, and five weaknesses, so the stat drops may not be appealing.

Life Orb's 30% damage increase is consistent and is probably its best held item, even with the HP cost. Expert Belt makes sense given the overall neutral coverage combos Golurk can run, but it's prediction reliant, and guaranteed power is hard to pass up. I personally prefer Drain Punch when using Life Orb.

You basically mentioned all the Tera types to consider, but I also wanted to mention Steel just because it rocks defensively.

Honestly I don't expect this to be high tier in any capacity, but Golurk hits a soft spot for me, and I'm just glad it's back this generation.

Klutz AV Trick to mess up stall guys? Nah, trickband is better.

Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Poltergeist
- Trick

speed is to outspeed Adamant Kingambit by two points, therefore outspeeding things like Skarmory and Corviknight as well. Too bad Poltergeist isn't great because of Knock Off. It'll hit like a truck if the opponent isn't Knocked though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)