Golden Sun Dark Dawn

Some dialogue for the Djinn would be cool and more good news Motoi Sakuraba is still the composer so the music should stay epic

knew this game was going to come out since i beat golden sun 2, like why have a save game option after you beat it if you can't continue your file after you do so???

anyways, pretty psyched for this game

Damn that looks awesome I'll try to find some translations

EDIT: found some on Gamefaqs

[ Story ]
In ancient time, the source of all, the elemental powers, were sealed away for fear that they'll destroy the world. But as a result, losing the elemental powers as its nourishment, the world began to wither.
To save the world from this crisis, warriors known as "Adepts", those who wield Psynergy, unleashed the elemental powers into the world again.
However, the surpressed elemental powers were so great that they basically aroused a recreation of heaven and earth. Natural disasters occur all over the world. Plus the earth crust displacements, the continents aren't the same anymore.
Those who witnessed the moment this great energy pouring from the sky called it the "Golden Sun".

[ Weyard - the stage of adventure ]
Peace is back in these lands healing from the wounds created by the Golden Sun. People dwell in towns and villages in the more vivid nature. The catacombs of ancient civilization will be the stages for the adventure of our new heroes.

[Interview]
Hiroyuki Takahashi, the older brother and the head of Camelot, is in charge of the story.
Shuugo Takahashi, the younger brother, is the director.

Hiroyuki tells us, "the first two games are prologues of this series. From this game on, it's the main story."

Q: Tell us more about the new protagonist.
Hiroyuki: When the power of alchemy was released, the world went topsy-turvy. Therefore the protagonist of previous games, although saved the world, weren't much appreciated. Their children will carry this burden.
Shuugo: There are many who think they saved the world, yet many who think they are the ones who destroyed it.
Hiroyuki: The protagonist of previous games are known as "Warriors of Vale". As their children, they grew up being despised by some and respected by some. It's a little complicated.
Shuugo: Of course this will be mentioned in the game so people who haven't played previous games can enjoy the story as well.

Q: Will the characters in previous games appear?
Shuugo: It's essential to provide elements that brings enjoyments to fans who played the previous games. Although I can't tell you now, there'll be surprises to look forward to.

Q: What's the meaning of the subtitle, Dark Dawn?
Hiroyuki: The subtitle tells the core of the story. You'll understand what it means as the story goes on.
Shuugo: "darkness" and "dawn" seems opposite. You can consider it as darkness and light, destruction and revival.

Q: Will there be two games for this story?
Hiroyuki: No. This time it's one game. However, we'll try to bring you the enjoyment of imagining what the world will be like after the story ends.

[ Adepts ]
Muuto: Protagonist. 16 years old boy. Although young, he's very talented as a Venus adept. He lives with his dad, who is an adept of the same element, and trains himself diligently on both wielding a sword and Psynergy.

Terry: Lives with Muuto & Co. Muuto's best pal. Mars Adept. Will his mischievous behavior bring himself big trouble?

Karis: A young girl who is a Jupiter Adept. As a childhood friend, she visits Muuto and Terry quite often. Reliable and strong-willed.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I am very pleased to see the same Djinn we know and love returning, that's reassuring. I still want a Venus Djinn as a pet... those little guys are, dare I say, adorable (oh, and the fact that it can summon deities is aln added bonus).

Issac's son is the spitting image, so that's great, and Garret's clone seems just as oafish and likeable. I like the girl less than either Jenna or Mia, based solely on looks, but maybe this game will add more character depth and development - that would be a welcome addition!

Oh hey, was bored and decided to finally check out some stuff on Smogon, and look at this gold mine I found here ^_^

I'm that over8999 guy who frequents that GameFAQs, and I've got to D: < at whoever mentioned Kraden not being in this game. Oh well, being the guy who's contributing to everything... yeah, I am pretty excited.

Kind of annoyed that it looks like they're not going to put in canon pairings or anything, even if they did put in the descendants. Oh well, more Golden Sun is more Golden Sun ^_^

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really hope the writing's improved in this game, while I loved both Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 my mind just became numb whenever a dialogue scene started. The main protagonists didn't really have any distinct personalities to speak of, and most of the dialogue was exposition and plot advancement with very little flavour. Also those dialogue scenes were unskippable, that's one of the biggest barriers to me replaying these games because it means sitting through 5-minute exposition scenes again.

I really hope the writing's improved in this game, while I loved both Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 my mind just became numb whenever a dialogue scene started. The main protagonists didn't really have any distinct personalities to speak of, and most of the dialogue was exposition and plot advancement with very little flavour. Also those dialogue scenes were unskippable, that's one of the biggest barriers to me replaying these games because it means sitting through 5-minute exposition scenes again.
meh, I'm okay with the dialogs but they really needed to be skippable afterwords. Having to sit for 5 mins just to get to a boss battle and lose is not very nice >.>

Yeah, I can agree with that, sometimes the dialogue got annoying before some boss battles, but, overall, the dialogue was pretty interesting and thought provoking. Would REALLY like some more character development, too.

Quoting GameFAQs and double posting. Sue me ^_^

Explore the vast world under the guidance of Djinn!
First exhibition of the stage of adventure! The power of Djinn, being a key of the story, also unveiled!

Departing from the mountains…
[Screenshot 1]
The Lookout on the cliff. Where Matthew & Co. live, and the starting point of the story.
[Screenshot 2]
Handyman Tinker’s Shop. Several houses align and formed a small village. This is the handyman that supports the life of villagers living around this area.

The world of Matthew & Co.’s adventure- Weyard. Various terrains exist, but some are now divided by sea or cliff.

[URL]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4691/gsds32.jpg[/URL][/IMG}

Venus Djinn Solo ("Flint" in English version)- Djinn of earth. Smart and knowledgeable
Mars Djinn Corona ("Fever" in English version)- Djinn of illusion. Creates haze with heat.
Jupiter Sjinn Gale ("Gust" in English version)- Djinn of swiftness. Flies so fast that it’s unseeable.
Mercury Djinn Mousse ("Chill" in English version)- Djinn of stickiness. Catches whatever it touches with sticky material.

[Right]
There are all kinds of Djinn in the world! Recruit them and check their characteristics in the Djinn Dictionary!
[Screenshot 2]
Djinn Dictionary
Burn ("Forge" in English version)- The Djinn of raging fire, met in Handyman Tinker’s Shop. Arouses combat instinct with its burning fire.

Back up for your companions! Set Djinn on companions and change their ability! You can also summon powerful Djinn in battle! (Note: They refer to summon as "Djinn" also.)
[Screenshot 3]
Karis’s psynergy: Prism, Plasma, Impact, Whirlwind, ee-ru-ke-a (yell-care?)
[Screenshot 4]
Summon giant Djinn!!
Matthew summons Kirin![/quote]​

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it just me or did anyone else not enjoy the massive amount of time spent sailing in Golden Sun 2?
If the pics are anything to go by then it looks like the new Golden Sun has a lot less sea, I approve.

When the first teaser was released for Golden Sun DS, I remember practically on the verge of tears, the wave of nostalgia was nearly unbearable. I loved the Golden Sun games, and I can't wait for Dark Dawn. The summon sequences are looking amazing, I like that Iron Horse one. I like the new Psynergy cinematics too, though I've heard some trash talk about them.

Don't like how Tyrell has that jetpack, personally >_>

Oh well, individual weapons models are in, so that should be awesome ^_^

Don't like how Tyrell has that jetpack, personally >_>

Oh well, individual weapons models are in, so that should be awesome ^_^
It's actually sort of a Shakespearean-style flying machine, not technically a jetpack... I sorta like the technological spin on everything, I think it's a good way of showing how the Golden Sun is advancing humanity.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
This looks really good and I am looking forward to playing it. I haven't played a Golden Sun game in years so I am hoping this will satisfy me.

i'm not a fan of gaames sequls progressing into the future to far.. It ruined fable for me. It seems to be a trend lately to. But golden sun has always been great. I'll second removing the retarded dialogue waste and auto defense. But i've been looking forward to this for a while now.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I liked just about everything I saw in the new trailer. I would normally be against things like back-mounted flying machines in a game where the characters use swords and staves as weapons, but considering the Golden Sun's influence is likely sparking this technological revolution, it's nice to see the world improving.

And one can only hope that auto-defend is being removed... I remember how careful I always was to have my characters attack enemy monsters in the most efficient way, so that I wouldn't waste turns defending....

And Motoi Sakuraba is working his magic again. That theme sent shivers up my spine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)