Status
Not open for further replies.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater

:sv/gliscor:

Normal Abilitys:
Hyper Cutter:
Prevents other Pokemon from lowering this Pokemon's Attack stat stage.
Sand Veil: If Sandstorm is active, this Pokemon's evasiveness is 1.25x; immunity to Sandstorm. (This ability is banned from OU)

Hidden Ability:
Poison Heal:
This Pokemon is healed by 1/8 of its max HP each turn when poisoned; no HP loss.

Stats:
HP: 75
Attack: 95
Defense: 125
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 95

Moves of interest:

Acrobatics
Crabhammer (NEW)
Dual Wingbeat (NEW)
Earthquake
Facade
High Horsepower (NEW)
Knock Off
Protect
Spikes (NEW)
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Taunt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes (NEW)
U-Turn

Pros:

1) If using Poison Heal as his ability, once activated (via the use of a Poison Orb or received a Toxic) you have become immune to status, and use that badly poisoned status as a way of passive healing, this allows gliscor to stay on the field longer

2) its access to taunt, knock off and a semi-inmunity to status (alongside the passive healing) makes Gliscor a supreme stall breaker, thanks to this amount of utility, it can knock off the items of these mons, block their healing and do lasting damage. You can even do, Facade that is boosted by you being poisoned and it heals you. And having access to swords dance, means you can potentially do even more damage with it

3) On the opposite side of the coin, having Toxic, good defenses, hazards and passive healing, allows Gliscor to be a great defensive mon as well, it can tank hits, put the offensive mons on a timer and make them harder to come in. its immunity to ground and electric, has a fighting, poison and bug resistance and his rock neutrality allows it to come in on a lot of attacks, allowing it to activate Poison Heal safely

Cons:

1) Its typing makes him quad weak to Ice moves, and It's weak to water moves as well, which can be a problem considering these 2 moves are common in the meta, examples being Baxcalibur in general, rain, great tusk with ice spinner, etc.

2) Gliscor used to have roost but lost it in the transition from gens, this has tampered his ability to stay on the field longer, and while Poison Heal is excellent, having the 2 options combined would have been great

Tera Potential:

Ghost: Allows her to emergency block spikes if needed

Water: Allows him to resist ice and water, and gains relevant water resistances, and complements previous electric immunity

Normal: on offensive sets, tera normal to boost facade with sword dance sounds like a decent idea

Flying: Once Poisoned, you can take a knock off for the team, and boost acrobatics damage, and you already have flying stab, it's more of a meme option, but I can see somebody using it

Potential sets:

:toxic orb: :gliscor: :toxic orb:
Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water / Fairy
EVs: 236 HP / 64 Def / 16 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / Toxic / Taunt / U-Turn / Spikes / Toxic Spikes

This is a defensive set, these stat spreads are rudimentary spreads to say the least, made by me of course, 192 timid with jolly hits 301, which is the tusk/bax mark, and the rest of the spread is to have some tiny form of defense. Protect is vital to safely activate Poison Heal, and to rack off healing with it (Although, if you have enough skill as a player, you can drop protect in favor of another move if you feel good enough at managing health). Earthquake is a good stab option to have. Knock Off is one of the best mid-game moves in the game, it allows you to remove items and makes progress alongside your new hazards. The last move is varied, you can set up rocks, spikes and even toxic spikes, and you have a good matchup against most poison types due to being resistant to poison, immune to toxic and toxic spikes. U-Turn is a good old momentum tool to bring other mons safely. Taunt helps you stall break and do lasting damage with knock off. And lastly, Gliscor has toxic, which, with the speed spread, can tera and poison tusk and bax (or any mon that can), which can be a lifesaver. Tera water is to take on ice and water moves better, but tera ghost with hazard stacking could be a good idea, as it's tera fairy to resist fighting, dark, dragon and complements ground's resistance to poison

:toxic orb: :gliscor: :toxic orb:
Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Normal / Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Acrobatics / Taunt
- Swords Dance

This is a more offensive oriented set, the spread is to have max speed and hp, you can boost with swords dance and heal with toxic orb. Facade and tera normal use the constant poisoned status to clean house. Earthquake is also a mandatory stab to decimate everything, the last move has some flexibility, Knock Off boosted by Swords Dance hurts a lot, Taunt prevents enemies from healing, which helps to stack damage with the first 2 moves. tera flying + acrobatics is the most situational of the 3, because it requires you take a knock off, and you can be revenged killed by an ice shard from bax, but if you take this into account, it can be a fun alternative and does extra damage

Conclusion:

Gliscor was one of the most hyped mons when announced, and its variety in both offense, and defense is a big part of the reason why gliscor is so good, I hope you all liked this quick guide, any mistakes and recommendations you might have, don't be afraid, tell me​

Last edited:
Wouldn't Tera Fairy be just as viable as your suggestions on a more defensive set? You don't lose your fighting resist and gain a resistance to Dark Spam. With more Sp Def you can still tank the powerful Water/Ice type special attacks that Gliscor is weak to while still dealing reasonably effectively with Baxcalibur and Great Tusk. A few examples below on what the set can tank.

The EV Spread I am using is 244HP/12 Def/252 Sp Def Careful.

252+ Atk Choice Band Roaring Moon Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Tera Fairy Gliscor: 154-182 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal.
244 SpA Choice Specs Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Fairy Gliscor: 165-195 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
244 SpA Choice Specs Tera Water Walking Wake Hydro Steam vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Tera Fairy Gliscor: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
4 Atk Great Tusk Headlong Rush vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Tera Fairy Gliscor: 135-159 (38.3 - 45.1%) -- 46% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Baxcalibur Icicle Crash vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Tera Fairy Gliscor: 124-147 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

None of these calcs factor the timed Knock Off's/Protects.

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
The main reason was because I'm a bit worried about all the poison move spam, but since it complements your previous ground typing the way water and electric do, I guess I should put it too, thanks for that

Gliscor gained new options both offensively (Flying STAB, a stronger Ground STAB thanks to Tera Ground, and other coverage moves) and defensively (Spikes and Toxic Spikes).
It will be a good monster in OU, maybe not top tier, but still viable.

Last edited:
Gliscor gained new options both offensively (Flying STAB, a stronger Ground STAB, and other coverage moves) and defensively (Spikes and Toxic Spikes).
It will be a good monster in OU, maybe not top tier, but still viable.
Stronger Ground Stab? Do you mean Tera?

Stronger Ground Stab? Do you mean Tera?
Yes. In my opinion Gliscor can work well both offensively and defensively.
Unfortunately, with that typing it has to compete with many other Ground types (i.e. Landorus-T, Mamoswine) when teambuilding.

Yes. In my opinion Gliscor can work well both offensively and defensively.
Unfortunately, with that typing it has to compete with many other Ground types (i.e. Landorus-T, Mamoswine) when teambuilding.
Thanks, I actually took a shot out the dark, I thought you mistakenly pegged High Horsepower as the stronger move, but Tera Ground EQ made more sense lol.

I'm extremely exhausted

Also, I don't entirely agree too much on competition. Lando makes sense, but Glis does so many things I don't mind having, say, an offensive Gliscor and a defensive Tusk, or using Glis as a flying pseudo position type with Toxic.

The addition of Tera Ground on Earthquake changes something relevant:
  • 0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 116-138 (38.1 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 0 Atk Tera Ground Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 192+ Def Toxapex: 156-184 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- 87.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
This may not seem a lot, but now Gliscor can stall Recover from Toxapex with no Atk EVs.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if Dual Wingbeat is worth mentioning as a slash with Earthquake as a sole STAB option. While weaker, it hits Ground immunities, which could matter in some scenarios. Also hits Tusk harder.

I wonder if Dual Wingbeat is worth mentioning as a slash with Earthquake as a sole STAB option. While weaker, it hits Ground immunities, which could matter in some scenarios. Also hits Tusk harder.
Plus can help break subs, pop Air Balloon on Gholdengo, etc. Tradeoff vs ability to soft check an un-Tera'd Kinggambit, threaten Glowking, etc.

Karxrida

Plus can help break subs, pop Air Balloon on Gholdengo, etc. Tradeoff vs ability to soft check an un-Tera'd Kinggambit, threaten Glowking, etc.
A defensive set at least should always run Knock Off, which pops Ghold's Air Balloon and does decent damage to Glowking while removing Boots. You do lose to un-Tera'd Kingambit, but you also don't autolose to Tera Flying so... flip that coin I guess?

Karxrida

Was randomly having ThoughtsTM while taking out the trash, and I wonder if Tera Grass/Dragon would be worth running to check Ogerpon-W since people are hyping it up right now.

+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 240 HP / 64 Def Tera Dragon Gliscor: 144-171 (41 - 48.7%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

Gliscor probably shouldn't Tera very often (especially since its base typing is SR neutral while being immune to Spikes), so it can get away with something super specific for when the need arises. I went with Grass and Dragon since those are the only types that resist both Water and Grass -- using Tera Water in front of Ogerpon-W is dumb for obvious reasons. Those types might check/counter something else as a bonus but too lazy to check. Still weak to Ice with both, but at least it's lessened?

Uninvested Dual Wingbeat is a clean 2HKO back, if Ogerpon starts tying to boost on you then Poison Heal might keep you out of KO range depending on rolls, and if you force a Tera you might have stopped something else from sweeping you. Maybe? Can also throw out a Toxic I guess. Just doing late night theorymonning.

Last edited:
That might be a good idea. Mayhaps a cause of my own poor team building, but there have been the odd match where Gliscor is a defining presence, and burning a Tera may be worthwhile to prevent a sweep.

Tera Water is a Tera-ble idea in those circumstances.

This guy really got everything it could've wanted and more in the transition. It's going to be really fun to teambuild around it!

btw instead of the given HP spreads (236 EVs on the defensive set, 252 EVs on the offensive), I'd suggest always going for 244 EVs. This makes Gliscor's HP a total of 352; divided by 8 is 44, and this maximizes PH recovery.

The defensive set could see less EVs on either defense to compensate, while the offensive set could see the remaining EVs in Attack instead of Sp. Def. to help it hit harder after an SD.

Was randomly having ThoughtsTM while taking out the trash, and I wonder if Tera Grass/Dragon would be worth running to check Ogerpon-W since people are hyping it up right now.

+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 240 HP / 64 Def Tera Dragon Gliscor: 144-171 (41 - 48.7%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

Gliscor probably shouldn't Tera very often (especially since its base typing is SR neutral while being immune to Spikes), so it can get away with something super specific for when the need arises. I went with Grass and Dragon since those are the only types that resist both Water and Grass -- using Tera Water in front of Ogerpon-W is dumb for obvious reasons. Those types might check/counter something else as a bonus but too lazy to check. Still weak to Ice with both, but at least it's lessened?

Uninvested Dual Wingbeat is a clean 2HKO back, if Ogerpon starts tying to boost on you then Poison Heal might keep you out of KO range depending on rolls, and if you force a Tera you might have stopped something else from sweeping you. Maybe? Can also throw out a Toxic I guess. Just doing late night theorymonning.
Tera Dragon doesn't really work for Gliscor, as any Ogerpon-W using Play Rough over Knock Off is a 37.5% OHKO chance at +2 (against a 244HP/64 Def Impish Gliscor at full health). Not to mention getting gutted in one shot by Iron Valiant with minimal Sp Def investment. Also Dual Wingbeat if you're not running EQ in conjuction with Tera Grass makes your Fire type matchup horrendous, especially Iron Moth. You're better off with Tera Dragon Dondozo if you want a really specific check to Ogerpon-W, as it'll ignore any boosts Ogerpon has, and also ignores other pokemon setups making it far more useful against more threats. 1v1 252HP/Def Impish Tera Dragon Dondozo 3HKO's O-W with Body Press while it cannot 4HKO back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)