Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor

First up is good old Pulty. She’s my favorite mon so of course I had to make a team based around her. I went with Specs since I wanted to be able to tera more freely and tera blast band makes it too difficult to do that. Thunderbolt is for donbozo and corviknight. You’ll mainly just be spamming shadow ball to chip away at dark switch ins and hit like a freight train. Timid nature is to outspeed opposing chien-pao’s and tie other pult’s. Tera ghost to hit even harder and lose weakness to fairy and ice.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain

It’s not called ghost spam for nothing. Scarf Gholdengo loves spamming shadow ball just as much as Specs Pult. This time we have the added bonus of trick to cripple walls, especially corv since that will switch in a million times trying to Defog. Focus blast is for specs Chi-Yu and while I don’t find myself clicking make it rain frequently because of the over abundance of fire types in ou right now it does wonders versus grimsnarl. Same reason as pult for Tera ghost, survive earthquake from Great Tusk and 2HKO him in a pinch. Timid scarf let’s us outspeed opposing pults and Chien-Pao.

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

With two spin blockers AND a Defog blocker, I just needed to put her on the team. Glimmora is an amazing suicide lead, with the added bonus of being a revenge killer with such a high SPA. SR and spikes are a must, earth power is for opposing gho or glim, sludge bomb is for hatterene to switch into and die. This team doesn’t really care too much about hazards on our side so no mortal spin. Don’t ever Tera her as it’s a waste.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Ruination

I originally had Clodsire in this slot, but after a very helpful suggestion I found Ting-Lu to be much better at preserving the momentum that the rest of the team affords. Tera fairy is just for longevity since it can’t actually recover. Whirlwind is especially helpful to remove set up sweepers and stack more hazard damage. I originally had spikes in the SR slot but Ting doesn’t usually live long enough to get all three layers up, that’s now glimmora’s job on switch ins to corviknight. Ruination is perfect for deleting the health of special walls or great tusk so Chien-Pao can come in and finish it.

Chien-Pao @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Icicle Crash
- Crunch
- Ice Shard

Chien is our physical wallbreaker and a great late game wincon. He in no way needs SD with our hazards and enjoys the extra coverage from sacred sword. Tera fighting is to make sacred sword hit harder and change type weakness. Ice shard over sucker punch to avoid mind games and still be able to kill faster threats like pult and scarf great tusk. Icicle crash having a flinch chance saves my ass all the time, 2HKO for great tusk turns into OHKO with a flinch. Remember that luck is a skill too. He also serves as the teams unaware breaker, especially for clodsire and skeledirge even though our clod can handle the latter with toxic and earthquake. Boots need to be on Chien-Pao to justify our lack of hazard removal though. Watch out for opposing scarf gho in the late game.

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Spinner

Dnite is broken and tera normal makes him even more brokener (?). Setting up a DD is almost too easy sometimes, and nite doesn’t miss STAB attacks with the coverage EQ and ice spinner gives him. Espeed beats so many threats but you all already know that. I went with ice spinner to get rid of great tusk who walls nite even after DD and EQ for Skeledirge. Try not to force a set up before the other team has used tera as despite his bulk he is susceptible to revenge killing if multiscale is broken, especially if hatterene is still alive as draining kiss makes 2HKO impossible even after tera normal.

Last edited:
I have barely any experience rating teams, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

This looks pretty solid, but one glaring issue is the Clodsire is pretty odd on this team. Your team is designed to push pressure with hazards and keep the pressure with dual ghost types, but Clodsire can suck any momentum off your side when it enters battle. I recommend something like Great Tusk or Ting-Lu in it's place. With Great Tusk, the team is more vulnerable to Chi-Yu, which is why I also suggest Ting-Lu. Great Tusk can offer some hazard control in the form of Rapid Spin, while Ting-Lu can be a specially defensive tank and can threaten Chi-Yu with an Earthquake, or Whirlwind threats out that threaten to set up against it plus add up hazard damage. Some sample sets:

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy/Steel/Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Earthquake
-Whirlwind
-Stealth Rock
-Ruination

Great Tusk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting/Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

I like the Tera Type on Tusk to be whatever STAB move you prefer to deal extra damage, which fits with the team in keeping pressure. Ting-Lu is a good check to many threats in OU like Dragapult and the afrementioned Chi-Yu. If you don't go Tusk, your team could have a hard time breaking Steels in the late game without Dragonite or Chien-Pao intact. This is something to consider but I'm not sure what to drop for that. Chi-Yu is also excellent on your team, possibly in place of Dragonite, but this is a more difficult and personal decision.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have barely any experience rating teams, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt.

This looks pretty solid, but one glaring issue is the Clodsire is pretty odd on this team. Your team is designed to push pressure with hazards and keep the pressure with dual ghost types, but Clodsire can suck any momentum off your side when it enters battle. I recommend something like Great Tusk or Ting-Lu in it's place. With Great Tusk, the team is more vulnerable to Chi-Yu, which is why I also suggest Ting-Lu. Great Tusk can offer some hazard control in the form of Rapid Spin, while Ting-Lu can be a specially defensive tank and can threaten Chi-Yu with an Earthquake, or Whirlwind threats out that threaten to set up against it plus add up hazard damage. Some sample sets:

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy/Steel/Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD Careful Nature
-Earthquake
-Whirlwind
-Stealth Rock
-Ruination

Great Tusk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fighting/Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

I like the Tera Type on Tusk to be whatever STAB move you prefer to deal extra damage, which fits with the team in keeping pressure. Ting-Lu is a good check to many threats in OU like Dragapult and the afrementioned Chi-Yu. If you don't go Tusk, your team could have a hard time breaking Steels in the late game without Dragonite or Chien-Pao intact. This is something to consider but I'm not sure what to drop for that Chi-Yu is also excellent on your team over Dragonite, but this is a more difficult and personal decision.

Good luck!
I tried out Ting-Lu and am loving it, however I’m having a difficult time justifying Chi-Yu alongside it since it really would need heavy duty boots and it’s just too slow. Are there any other mons that would be better in that slot?

I tried out Ting-Lu and am loving it, however I’m having a difficult time justifying Chi-Yu alongside it since it really would need heavy duty boots and it’s just too slow. Are there any other mons that would be better in that slot?
What Pokemon are you having problems with specifically? Chi-Yu with boots isn't a bad thing. Some run Nasty Plot with Boots, there are also versions that have used Will-O-Wisp to snag it's checks on the switch. These are just suggestions. If you're having more success with your original team minus the replacement Clodsire for Ting-Lu, by all means continue to use that composition instead!

What Pokemon are you having problems with specifically? Chi-Yu with boots isn't a bad thing. Some run Nasty Plot with Boots, there are also versions that have used Will-O-Wisp to snag it's checks on the switch. These are just suggestions. If you're having more success with your original team minus the replacement Clodsire for Ting-Lu, by all means continue to use that composition instead!
I think it’s just hard to use him as a revenge killer against scarf users tbh, and since scarf gho just gets into a usable speed tier it’s difficult to beat out scarf gho and normal pult. I think I’ll just need to conserve ting Lu since it can’t recover lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)