Rejected - Inactive Getting rid of the hide replay button for other options

This isn't me debating the points here but I want to add how the tickbox has negatively affected my experience using PS!, regardless of pros and cons.

I am a regular VGC player who occasionally liked to jump into the OU ladder by taking a look at 1800+ matches on the ladder to draw inspiration from and find common cores to build teams to ladder with. I haven't done this for some time but went to do it today, but found only 4 1600 matches, which is rather useless as that is fairly low ladder for OU.

As I am an experienced VGC players my experience there isn't negatively affected, but that's because I have already learnt how to be good. For someone who is average at OU, I now don't have a good way to learn from players that are better than me. I can't even go into search replays and find players I used to watch all the time because they now hide all their replays because it is so easy to do so.

I have tried to watch official tournament matches, but honestly they are filled with in-the-moment calls and counter-picks to how a specific players likes to play. Naturally as well, these players hide all their replays so you end up 1 match to watch per team (if they switch teams between games) and despite being drafted, can have both good and bad days, which you can't afford to have if you want to stay high ladder on PS!.

Privacy Concerns & Scouting: (Now this is me debating the points made)

For users that are scared of their text being saved on the replay database, they can simply use private messages instead of chatting in battle. Or, instead, a "delete all chat" tickbox could be created so that chat isn't saved by default.

Scouting is both not a major issue for tournament competitors if they take preventative measures and is not prevented by private replays. I have scouted many players who private their replays in VGC draft-style tournaments and used their teams anyways, simply because I have played them 4-5 times on the ladder, they have used stupid alt names, don't change their in-game avatar from their preferred one, ladder tons thinking they are immune to general copycats and sharing with all their friends to ladder and test with. I have had competitors angry that I have somehow managed to copy all their sets, however the point that I re-iterate to them over and over is: Don't over ladder, don't expose your unique techs and such that you plan to use. If a player overladders, they guarantee if they play well there will be players that copy them.

Secondly, here is why scouting is NOT a major issue: If you end up getting scouted, it is your fault. Follow these steps and you won't be scouted:
>Make a fresh alt: Don't use an old account that have replays saved with your past teams
>Change your avatar to a random one.
>Limit how many games you play in a specific time frame. If you play the same player more than once, you increase your chances to have your team copied.
>OR: Barely ladder with your team, and then crash your rating so you aren't noticed.
>Don't save your replays, private and save if you notice that someone saved your replay.
>It is common practice for cliques of players to share any replays between them that they find interesting on discord, and privating them only increases the chances of this.

Maybe this is from the perspective of VGC where scouting is inevitable and in tournament your friends will pass the details of your opponents onto you, but there are certain preventative actions that can be taken than you don't think about in hindsight. If all these steps are taken, I don't forsee a circumstance that I could ever copy your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)