SS Doubles OU Genetics Peak 1631 #97

649.png

My DNA is graded A
You see this face, I was born with it
I ain't ashamed to say one day I might upgrade
I could fuss with it

Intro
Welcome to my hellscape. This time its one of my teams that I'm super proud of, so enough chitchat lets get into this!
:genesect::blastoise: :rillaboom: :nihilego: :zapdos: :zygarde:
The Sqaud
:sm/genesect:
Genesis (Genesect) @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
-U-turn/Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Genesect was the original Pokémon and the reason why I made the team in the first place. I love Genesect's design and how it not only basically had every move it needed, but it so much fun using it because the opponent didn't know what moves it had. U-turn was a momentum grabbing move that made sure that even in tough situations it could still bring someone on the team, while Protect was there as a great safety measure in case I were to get doubled down. I chose Flash Cannon due to being able to get a download boost and grabbing KO's on Pokémon such as Kyurem-B and Diancie. Ice Beam primary purpose was to nab a KO on Landorus-T, but also able to greatly damage Pokémon such as Amoongus, Zapdos, and Zygarde-50%. And Flamethrower is able to OHKO Pokemon such as Kartana, Non-AV Rillaboom, and opposing Genesect while also chipping Pokemon such as AV Rillaboom, Metagross, and Celesteela. And Life Orb is there to make sure it gets it has the good damage output. Other options such as Energy Ball to remove Water Types such as Tapu Fini, and Urshifu-R, and Thunderbolt can be used to lure Pokemon such as Volcanion and Pelipper.
:sm/blastoise:
Turt (Blastoise) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Protect/Helping Hand

This is our main supporter, Fake out is a great disrupting tool able to halt sweeps from Pokémon such as Nihilego's Meteor Beam, and Zygarde's Dragon Dance so another mon can revenge kill it. Follow me is great for redirecting moves to alleviate pressure for its teammates to thrive. Flip Turn is great to bring in a threat from our team, and its able to bring in our sweepers. And Helping Hand is there to give them the extra oomph to ensure OHKO's. Sitrus Berry is there to increase its longevity due to its lack of reliable recovery.
:sm/rillaboom:
Monke (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Rillaboom is a great revenge killer due to its great priority. Fake out is a great disrupting tool able to make sure Pokémon such as Porygon2, and Indeedee won't get their Trick room up due to Grassy Terrain. Grassy Glide is an absolutely amazing move due to its great revenge killing of Pokémon such as Nihilego and Excadrill while also nabbing frail Pokémon such as Regieleki and Urshifu-R. Wood Hammer is a good stab to nail bulky Pokémon that are weak to Grass such as Tapu Fini, and Dinacie. And U-turn is great at bringing in our sweepers. Since we already have a Piovit, we can use coverage such as High Horsepower to take down Fire Types such as Volcanion and Heatran, and Superpower can take Steel types such as Kartana and the after mentioned Heatran. And its Assault vest is there to make sure it is safe against Special attackers such as Nihilego and Volcanion.
:sm/nihilego:
Gunk (Nihilego) @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Meteor Beam

Our special sweeper. Protect helps against Physical moves which is its greatest flaw as it drops to a bunch of them such as Rillaboom's Grassy Glide and Zeraora's Plasma Fists. Power Gem is Nihilego's Rock-Type special move that still OHKO's Pokemon such as Volcorona and Kyurem-B. Sludge Bomb is its Poison move that threatens Fairy types such as Tapu Fini and Tapu Lele. And Meteor Beam is our main special attacking move able to knock out Pokémon such as Incineroar and Volcanion, two Pokemon that can barely survive it and OHKO it back. And the Power Herb is there to allow Meteor Beam to not have a cha
:sm/zygarde:
Cellagon (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 80 HP /252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Protect

Our other sweeper, and its Physical! Before adding this to the team I just wanna say that I lost to Electrics a WHOLE lot, not even just monotype electric (Its bad) but straight up just lost to Tapu Koko since no Pokémon on my team besides Rillaboom could actually switch into them (I was tempted to use Excadrill, that's how bad the situation was). Here comes Zygarde 50% with its T-Arrows. Not only did it shut down any stupid Air Balloon Wonder Guard shenanigans, but it dominates Electrics after a Tailwind and smacks down Zapdos. Extreme Speed is here to pick of already damaged Pokmeon that fall in range and remove sashes. Coil is the sweeping move over Dragon Dance due to that increases Defense and stops revenge kills from the likes from Rillaboom and Tyranitar. Protect increases its longevity and snuffs fake out to make sure that our teamate can get Tailwind Up. And Life Orb gives it the extra kick that it needs OHKO the likes of Incineroar and Celesteela.
:sm/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Red Card
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 64 SpA / 168 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Our speed control. I chose this because I needed an bulky electric. So Whimsicott and Mew wouldn't work well. Thunderbolt is there to threaten Pokémon such as Pelliper and Tapu-Fini. Heat Wave is a great coverage move able to damage Pokemon such as Rillaboom and Kartana. Tailwind is the main reason to enable our Zygarde 50% and Nihilego. And Roost is able to Increase its longevity. Red card is a phazing tool to mkae sure that it can get the Fake out user out of the field to make sure it gets a tailwind.
Threatlist.
:volcanion:

Volcanion absolutly is the number 1 threat to this team. Yes we have 3 fire resists in Nihilego and Zygarde, and Blastoise but Nihilego gets OHKO'd by Steam Eruptuon and Zygarde doesnt wanna take a burn. Blastoise resists both but its often worn down and if Rillaboom is a great teammate to Volcanion and it crushes it with Wood Hammer. Not to mention the other Water resist Rillaboom can't take multiple Heat Waves. Be careful around this, or be liable to get crushed.
:indeedee-f::hatterene: :torkoal::porygon2: :diancie:
This team naturally struggles against trick room due to the fact that we don't really have a way to make sure it doesn't get up. Fake out gets snuffed by psychic terrain, porygon2 is practically un killable, and we have to scrape through the 5 turns that is up.
:rillaboom:
While half our team is good against it, rillaboom can cut our sweepers life short due to its powerful grassy glide cutting its sweeps short.
:zapdos::whimsicott::heatran::kartana:
Tailwind genually doesn't fare well for us due to us genually not liking speed control.
(Fun fact, if you ever play against me, I often forget the opposing team has tailwind up, this has caused multiple losses.)
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1318458553
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1318470705
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1319482084
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1319484639
Importable:
(Its bulky offense)
Genesis (Genesect) @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Helping Hand

Monke (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 36 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Gunk (Nihilego) @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Meteor Beam
- Protect

Cellagon (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Coil
- Protect

Zapdos @ Red Card
EVs: 240 HP / 64 SpA / 168 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost
Proof:
Screenshot 2021-04-11 193434.png

Screenshot 2021-04-11 193636.png

Conclusion:
So besides the EV spreads, I think this team is complete! Tell me what I am doing wrong so I can improve this, all criticism is allowed besides flaming me :(! But really I hope you like the team and see you later!
Updates:
#1 I reached 1631 from 1599 and now from 133 I'm now in the top 100 at 97!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi Powerman,

Nice team! I think the six Pokémon you chose are great (all in the top tiers of the VR), so I won’t suggest any Pokémon changes - however there’s some improvements with the individual sets we could make.

First, you mention that you struggle with TR teams, so I suggest we give Blastoise roar in that last slot. Roar is 1 priority higher than Trick Room, which means it will go first and swap out the Pokémon trying to set TR. This works against every TR setter except for Hatterene due to magic bounce. Roar is also great for forcing out opposing set up sweepers, and can be used if you’re just in a bad position. So the new set:

Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Roar

Next is Zygarde. Zygarde is definitely one of the most threatening sweepers in the game, and your team compliments it very well. However I don’t think coil is the best option, since without investment those defense boosts won’t make a huge improvement. Dragon dance is a much better option, since after a dragon dance or two it will outspeed even scarfed Pokémon or opposing Pokémon in tailwind. I also think since you will be getting speed boosts, you’ll no longer need extreme speed, and can replace this with substitute. Sub Zygarde with leftovers combined with Rillaboom is very threatening for a couple of reasons:
1- every turn it’s healing 12%, which with it’s great bulk makes it difficult to remove.
2- Substitute blocks intimidate and status moves, some of the more common ways to counter Zygarde.
3- being behind a substitute lets it take hits, whether from its counters, or to stall out opposing tailwind or Trick room (which you admitted your team struggles with).

So the new set:

Cellagon (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

The last change is to Zapdos. Zapdos is the perfect compliment to your team- adding tailwind, a grass resist, threatens opposing rillaboom/fini/Kartana. However I don’t think red card is really a viable option. If you need something to switch out opposing Pokémon, we’ve already accomplished this with roar on Blastoise, so I think we can go for more of a traditional item on Zapdos such as either Sitrus Berry or Heavy-Duty Boots. I also would recommend changing some of the EVs, the spread you’re using is for a Zapdos with either psychic seed or misty seed, designed to be able to live a meteor beam from Nihilego. Instead we can go for a fast tailwind set that takes advantage of the new dynamic speed control.

New set: (104 spa guarantees heat wave OHKO’s genesect)

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect

Let me know if you have any questions on the above changes! I think with these small improvements the sky is the limit for this team.

Wow! Never knew that Roar had 1 more priority, and more than than that I didn't know it learnt it!
These are great critic's I'll add them Immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)