Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Approved by G-Luke.
GENERATION
Special Doubles

There's a good amount of "change many things at once" Pet Mods like G-Luke's Ideal World, but what they (and other Pet Mods) have in common is that they are Singles-central and nothing to do with Doubles.

So what if there is a "change many things at once" Doubles-based Pet Mod? Comes Generation SD (Special Doubles), where the goal is to buff multiple Pokemon and allows even more variety and strategy in Doubles while also having new counters to Terrains (which is only countered by another Terrain Surge) and Intimidate (which Landorus-T and Incineroar plagued it with this Ability).

In other words, the main goal is to make Doubles OU more varied and have more viable Pokemon to make Doubles more diverse, not just in term of Pokemon, but also Moves and Abilities.

But hold on, what Generation SD is supposed to be other than that? To not make it just "change many things at once for the Doubles format", there are some things that I will add and that the other "change many things to make them viable" Pet Mods usually didn't, though they are not all added in at once, just by a step by step process.
  • Multiple Pokemon will have stats buffed, as well as additional Moves, and also Abilities that will replace the ones that worked not well at all on the Pokemon in question.
  • To pay tribute for AquaticPanic's Alolan Forms (The Mod), there will also be multiple new Regional Forms, not just Alolan Forms. Multiple Pokemon, mostly those that aren't Gen 1, will have a new Regional Form based on the following Regions; Kantonian, Johtonian, Hoennese, Sinnohese, Unovian, Kalosian and of course Alolan. Pokemon cannot have a form from the region they originated in (so no alternate Machop in Kanto for example). Making these forms can be used to fill these gaps.
  • Types based of concepts of Typing: The Mod are also in, with the four being Light (mine, aka the Elemental version), Sound (DatHeatmor), Food (Tuthur1) and Blood (Pika Xreme).
  • Encourage usage of Fire/Water/Grass Pledge (hit multiple foes? Increased BP?) and other moves and Abilities that are specifically designed for Doubles.
  • Change the "Redundant Ability" of Mega Evolution that have one. What do I mean by "Redundant Ability" is the Ability the Mega Evolution have but that the base form also have it. This is to avoid the Mega Evolution of Pokemon that have one to be "same Pokemon but with better stats" instead of a different playstyle. Speaking of Mega Evolutions...
  • New 16 Mega Evos and one surprise form in the form of Enraged Guzzlord! The new Mega Evolutions and Enraged Guzzlord are either enhancement to their normal selves, or even give a stat distribution you would not expect. The list of Pokemon that can Mega Evolve here are Electivire, Magmortar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Forretress, Goodra, Rhyperior, Florges, Chesnaught, Delphox, Vanilluxe, Clawitzer, Dhelmise, Golisopod, Tsareena, Mudsdale and Crabominable.
    • Why no new Gen 1 and Gen 3 Megas? This is because I feel like there is enough Gen 1 and Gen 3 Megas when you compare it to other Gens in term of numbers. However, if you wanted me to make some new Megas for Gen 1 and Gen 3 (though preferably only Pokemon with BST over 500), then I'm on it.
Will there be attempts to nerf Pokemon that are banned from the DOU tier list?
Nope. If the Pokemon if banned does to excessive BST (even those who aren't that good in Ubers such as Palkia), the stats cannot be decreased in any fashion. Black Kyurem and Unbound Hoopa are still allowed in DOU for reasons they are still allowed in OU and doesn't need such unwanted nerf.

In fact, directly nerf any banned Pokemon is out of question. We should instead focus on what didn't worked well in DOU (be it barely or not at all) and fix them to make them more usable. Same goes for banned moves, Abilities and items. Indirect nerfs (presence of more viable counters) might eventually unban one banned Pokemon or two though.

Will there be Custom Moves/Abilities/Items/Forms?
We should focus on giving existing Moves to Pokemon that really needs it (as long as it also make sense flavor-wise), although new Regional Forms are okay as long as they have potentials for DOU (and not be overpowered on practice, though nerfing via Stat redistribution or Ability redistribution or move removal can be done to revert the damage), and Custom Moves/Abilities/Items are welcome just as long as it will help more than one Pokemon (unless if it is supposed to be Signature, though not too many at once) and preferably as clones of existing moves/abilities/items.

Mega Evolution is more of a hot topic, as we prioritize buffing the stats if the Pokemon is too weak to compete in DOU, and the limit would be 570 BST. They would be allowed if they still perform poorly in DOU despite high BST such as Goodra. That said, Mega Evolution can be given if it means a different playstyle. Custom Z-Moves is a no-no in general as I found them far too situational, but since Kommo-o's Clangorous Soulblaze worked well for Kommo-o in DOU, it can work if making a Mega Evolution would be too much.

What is the maximum BST when it comes to buffing a Pokémon's stats?
There is no strict limit, but I would not try to exceed 570 BST. This is not the strict maximum, but I would not allow something like over 600 BST unless if it is a new Mega Evolution for a Pokémon with a 500-600 BST. Even so, be careful when doing the latter. Also, try not to go overboard by giving a stat too high by Doubles OU standard and have no significant drawbacks to stop them (i.e. a 170 Special Attack without significant drawback or a Special Defense of 170 with high HP) and avoid excessive min-maxing is highly discouraged on Pokémon with already good Typing combination.

Discussion Rules
When making discussion, please try to stay civil and not inflict dramas. I also recommend to not have a negative attitude when giving criticisms to this Pet Mod or others' idea, and I may or may not accept your ideas depended on how it would help one Pokémon or two, based on your behavior (although not a major factor anyways) and if it is a buffed Pokémon, a new Regional Form or a new Mega, how would it help the Pokémon in question. Having calcs and people who liked your idea can increase your chance to have your suggestions to be accepted. All Smogon Global rules also applies to this Pet Mod like all Pet Mods, so don't you think you could break them here!

Spreadsheet here (for Type Chart, buffed Pokemon and new Mega Evolutions and Enraged Guzzlord, and when updated, new Regional Forms)

Information on changed and New Moves, Abilities and Items, as well as Megas with changed Ability.
(Notice: This link leads to a Wikia page. If you are on mobile and unable to read it properly, then I can send information via conversation.)

New Moves and Ability Distribution
Pokemon with STAB are listed first before a break ( | ), unless the move in question is a Status move. Smeargle can obviously learn all these moves via Sketch. Alolan forms can also have the same move from their counterpart unless otherwise noted.
  • Supernova: Typhlosion, Ho-Oh, Gigalith line, Xurkitree, Necrozma | Solrock, Solgaleo, Arceus
  • Hardlight Punch: Raichu line, Typhlosion, Ledian line, Volbeat + Illumise, Manaphy + Phione, Watchog, Malamar line, Heliolisk line, Necrozma | Hitmonchan, Machamp line, Mewtwo, Mew, Heracross, Breloom, Hariyama line, Zangoose, Kecleon, Infernape, Ambipom line, Toxicroak line, Rhydon + Rhyperior, Electivire line, Magmortar line, Ralts line, Victini, Pignite + Emboar, Samurott line, Watchog, Conkeldurr line, Eelektross, Mienshao line, Druddigon, Meloetta, Chesnaught line, Pangoro line, Hawlucha, Crabominable line, Hakamo-o + Kommo-o, Buzzwole, Zeraora
  • Radiance Fall: Raichu line, Ledian line, Ho-Oh, Volbeat, Manaphy + Phione, Watchog, Gigalith line, Malamar line, Xerneas, Necrozma | Mew, Kecleon, Arceus, Silvally, all Tapus
  • Rainbow Slash: Ho-Oh, Manaphy + Phione, Gigalith line, Malamar line, Xerneas, Necrozma | Mew, Absol, Ralts line, Arceus, Silvally
  • Rainbow Kunais: Ho-Oh, Illumise, Xerneas, Necrozma | Ninjask, Arceus, Accelgor, Greninja, Silvally
  • Burning Beam: Typhlosion line, Sunflora, Ho-Oh, Volbeat + Illumise, Malamar line, Heliolisk line, Xurkitree, Necrozma | Charizard line, Ninetales line, Houndoom line, Solrock, Groudon, Magmortar, Poyrgon-Z line, Reshiram, Genesect, Delphox line, Lurantis, Blacephalon
  • Radient Shift: Raichu line, Typhlosion, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Volbeat + Illumise, Lumineon line, Manaphy + Phione, Lilligant, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Florges line, Xerneas, Shiinotic line, Xurkitree, Necrozma
  • Shine Break: Raichu line, Typhlosion, Ledian line, Lanturn line, Oddish line, Sunflora, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Beautifly, Volbeat + Illumise, Lumineon line, Manaphy + Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Heliolisk line, Florges line, Xerneas, Shiinotic, Xurkitree, Necrozma | Mewtwo, Mew, Arceus, Diancie, Silvally, Blacephalon
  • Bright Shield: Ledian line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Beautifly, Volbeat + Illumise, Manaphy + Phione, Watchog, Cryogonal, Florges line, Xerneas, Shiinotic, Xurkitree, Necrozma | Blacephalon
  • Shine Boost: Raichu line, Lanturn line, Sunflora, Ampharos line, Ho-Oh, Beautifly, Volbeat + Illumise, Lumineon line, Manaphy + Phione, Watchog, Lilligant line, Cryogonal, Malamar line, Heliolisk line, Florges line, Xerneas, Shiinotic, Xurkitree, Necrozma | Mew, Solrock, Lunatone, Arceus, Diancie, Blacephalon
  • Glow Dance: Raichu line, Ledian line, Bellossom, Ho-Oh, Volbeat + Illumise, Manaphy + Phione, Watchog, Gigalith line, Lilligant line, Florges line, Xurkitree | Blacephalon
  • Light Escape: Ledian line, Watchog, Florges, Xurkitree | Mew, Diancie, Blacephalon
  • Loud Clap: Exploud line, Toucannon, Seismitoad line, Meloetta, Mudsdale line Hakamo-o + Kommo-o | Nidoking line, Nidoqueen line, Machamp line, Rhyperior line, Kangashan, Electivire line, Magmortar line, Snorlax line, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Feraligatr, Ursaring, Tyranitar line, Lugia, Marshtomp + Swampert, Slaking line, Hariyama line, Aggron, Medicham line, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Groudon, Ambipom, Abomasnow line, Dusknoir, Palkia, Arceus, Pignite + Emboar, Gigalith, Conkeldurr line, Darmanitan, Haxorus line, Beartic line, Golurk, Terrakion, Kami trio, Chesnaught, Diggersby, Pangoro, Barbaracle, Goodra, Hoopa, Incineroar, Crabominable line, Golisopod, Silvally, Hakamo-o + Kommo-o, Tapu Bulu, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Zeraora
  • Rhythm Stomp: Exploud line, Wigglytuff line, Cincinno line, Seismitoad line, Meloetta, Mudsdale line, Hakamo-o + Kommo-o
  • DoReMi Slap: Exploud line, Toucannon line, Wigglytuff line, Kricketune, Cincinno line, Seismitoad line, Meloetta, Hakamo-o + Kommo-o | Mr. Mine line, Poliwrath + Politoed, Delcatty line, Ambipom line, Oricorio
  • Soundwave Kick: Exploud line, Wigglutuff line, Kricketune, Cincinno line, Seismitoad line, Meloetta, Mudsdale line, Hakamo-o + Kommo-o | Hitmonlee, Blaziken, Infernape line, Incineroar, Tsareena
  • Foul Note: Exploud line, Wiggytuff line, Chimecho line, Audino, Chatot, Jynx line, Noivern line, Pyroar line, Primarina | Ralt line, Silvally line
  • Swift Note: Exploud line, Wigglytuff line, Chatot, Jynx line, Primarina | Arceus, Silvally
  • Yelling: Exploud line, Jynx line, Noivern line, Chatot, Pyroar line, Primarina | Gengar line, Nidoking line, Nidoqueen line, Mismagius line, Camerupt line, Azelf, Swoobat line, Gothitelle line, Hoopa, Guzzlord
  • Opera Sing: Jynx line, Cincinno line, Chimecho line, Chatot, Meloetta, Primarina
  • Maniacal Laugh: Gengar, Mismagius line, Sableye, Malamar
  • Wailing: All Sound-type | Persian line, Azumarill line, Sudowoodo line, Granbull line, Skitty line, Glameow line, Dedenne, Mimikyu
  • Pure Shot: Anyone that can learn any TM moves.
  • Gemstorm: Omastar line, Corsola, Lunatone, Solrock, Cradily line, Bastiodon line, Gigalith, Archeops, Aurorus line, Carbink, Diancie, Minior, Nihilego | Mew, Sableye, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Silvally
  • Aqua Swing: Poliwrath line, Gyarados, Feraligatr, Swampert, Huntail, Palkia, Corracosta line, Wishiwashi, Golisopod
  • Fruity Punch: Snorlax line, Miltank, Lickilicky line, Hariyama line, Swalot line, Grumpig line, Emboar line, Simisage line, Simipour line, Simisear line, Slurpuff, Tsareena line | Hitmonchan, Infernape line, Conkeldurr line
  • Veggie Kick: Snorlax, Miltank line, Hariyama line, Grumpig line, Emboar line, Simisage line, Simipour line, Simisear line, Slurpuff line, Tsareena line, Guzzlord | Hitmonlee, Exeggutor
  • Glutton Bite: All Food-type Pokemon except Vanilluxe line and Tsareena line | Raticate line, Alolan Muk line
  • Bananarang: Exeggutor line (STAB for Exeggcute), Lickilicky line, Swalot line, Tropius, Simisage line, Simisear line, Simipour line, Guzzlord, Meganium line (Mega Meganium) | Primeape line, Infernape line, Ambipom line, Oranguru
  • Sour Shot: Exeggutor line (STAB for Exeggcute), Lickilicky line, Blissey line, Swalot line, Tropius, Grumpig line, Emboar line, Simisage line, Simipour line, Simisear line, Vanilluxe line, Guzzlord, Meganium line (Mega Meganium) | Mew, Arceus, Silvally
  • Strong Scent: Anyone that can learn Sour Shot, plus Tsareena line.
  • Energy Feast: Lickilicky line, Tropius, Vanilluxe line, Grumpig line, Guzzlord | Heatmor
  • Snack Break: All Food-type | Venusaur line, Raticate line, Wigglytuff line, Slowpoke line, Farfetch'd line, Eevee line, Dragonite line, Mew, Furret line, Shuckle, Delibird, Celebi, Ludicolo line, Chimecho line, Luvdisc, Latias + Latios, Jirachi, Torterra line, Vespiquen, Cherrim line, Manaphy + Phione, Arceus, Victini, Audino, Conkeldurr line, Scrafty line, Meloetta, Florges line, Goodra line, Trevenant line, Diancie, Oricorio, Ribombee line, Oranguru, Drampa, Magearna
  • Durian Trap: Exeggutor line (Exeggcute), Meganium line (Mega Meganium), Tropius, Simisage, Simipour, Simisear | Chesnaught line
  • Pulse Punch: Primeape line, Feraligatr line, Zangoose, Gliscor line, Haxorus, Eelektross, Conkeldurr line, Buzzwole | All Pokemon that have Iron Fist.
  • Pressure Slam: All Blood-type Pokemon | Camerupt, Krookodile line, Crabominable line, Guzzlord | Arceus, Silvally
  • Boiling Blast: Gyarados, Feraligatr line, Gliscor line, Eelektross line, Conkeldurr line, Buzzwole | Arceus, Silvally, Tyranitar, Guzzlord
  • Pressure Ray: Victreebel, Plusle + Minun, Gorebyss, Zangoose, Seviper, Accelgor, Eelektross | Arceus, Silvally, Audino, Guzzlord
  • Nerve Wreck: Everyone that learns Pressure Ray | Arceus, Silvally
  • Luminol Beam: Everyone that learns Pressure Ray except Guzzlord | Arceus, Silvally
  • Boiling Up: All Blood-type Pokemon except Gorebyss, Plusle and Minun | Raticate line, Nidoking, Arcanine, Golem line, Dodrio, Kingler line, Kangaskhan, Electivire line, Magmortar line, Rhyperior line, Pinsir line, Tauros line, Mewtwo, Mew, Steelix line, Mamoswine line, Houndoom line, Tyranitar line, Slaking line, Exploud, Camerupt line, Aggron, Crawdaunt line, Salamence line, Groudon, Rayquaza, Garchomp line, Lucario line, Abomasnow line, Weavile line, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Liepard, Excadrill, Sawk, Beartic line, Hydreigon, Kami trio, Pangoro, Barbaracle line, Tyrantrum line, Hoopa, Incineroar, Gumshoos line, Toucannon line, Crabominable line, Lycanroc (all forms), Passimian, Silvally, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Zeraora
  • Violent Mind: Primeape line, Gyarados, Tauros, Zangoose, Seviper, Mightyena line | Mewtwo, Krookodile, Malamar, Guzzlord
  • Berserk: Anyone that can learn Violent Mind.
  • Strong Hug: Anyone that can learn Play Rough, plus Bewear, Tapu Koko and Tapu Bolo.
  • Terrain Shield: Anyone that can learn the following moves: Electric Terrain, Psychic Terrain, Misty Terrain and Grassy Terrain, plus Mew and Arceus.
  • Leech Life: Victreebel line, Gyarados, Feragliatr line, Mightyena line, Eelektrik + Eelektross | Guzzlord + Anyone that can already learn Leech Life.

• Reflective: Bronzong line (1st), Cryogonal (HA), Malamar line (replaces Suction Cups)
  • Quick Flash: Raichu line (2nd, including Alolan Raichu), Starmie line (replaced Analytic), Watchog (replaced Analytic)
  • Light Absorb: Sunflora line (replace Early Bird), Lilligant line (replace Leaf Guard), Heliolisk line (replaced Sand Veil), Necrozma (base, DM and DW; Hidden Ability)
  • Cacophony: Wigglytuff line (replace Frisk), Exploud line (2nd)
  • Relaxed: Uxie (1st)
  • Harmonize: Kricketot line (2nd)
  • Gormandize: Simisage line, Simisear line, Simipour line (all 2nd)
  • Greedy Eater: Hydreigon (1st)
  • Spoiled: Hydreigon line (HA), Slurpuff line (2nd)
  • Violate: Zangoose (2nd), Seviper (2nd)
  • Peaceful: Chimecho line (HA), Mesrpit (1st), Clamperl (2nd)
  • Predatory: Eelektrik + Eelektross (HA, Tynamo have Adaptability instead), Vileplume (2nd), Victreebel (2nd), Crobat (2nd), Gorebyss (2nd)
  • Gamma Heal: Enraged Guzzlord exclusive

The distribution for Food and especially Blood in term of moves isn't much, however I will accept imputs from others as long as two big rules are followed;

All suggestions, including new Moves/Abilities/Items/Forms (including Megas and Regional Forms) must have at least a decent flavorful and/or competitive reason to be applied, and also to take Doubles OU into account, not singles, regular OU.

And yes, there is a thing as a banlist, though this is because we will not allow direct Uber-nerfing, but there is potential unbans if there are enough new threats or the banned Pokemon got indirectly nerfed (i.e. Ability nerf) that allows them to be used in Generation SD (though this is not guaranteed).

Generation SD Banlist
  • Doubles OU Clauses will also applies to this Pet Mod. See here for details.
  • Last Two Pokémon Clause: If either team have two or one remaining Pokémon, the following moves will fail; Self-Destruct, Explosion, Supernova, Final Gambit, Memento, Perish Song and Destiny Bond.
  • Banned: All Pokémon already banned from Doubles OU.
  • Unbanned: None yet.
  • Regardless of what you buff, luck-based Abilities (Moody does to Evasionness) and Moves are not allowed to give. A Pokémon is not truly buffed if it wins by luck.
Generation SD Council

Last edited:
One thing I gotta say is I really don't like Food's defensive type matchups. Sharing a Bug, Fire, and Poison weakness with Grass makes it way too similar. It makes sense logically but Grass could honestly be removed from the game and split into Bug and Food at this point.

I'll have a more thorough look at everything and make a bigger post later.

EDIT: If you do change the matchup, maybe make Meganium Food/Grass to match the other Gen 2 starters. Or even Grass/Sound if you could justify it.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
One thing I gotta say is I really don't like Food's defensive type matchups. Sharing a Bug, Fire, and Poison weakness with Grass makes it way too similar. It makes sense logically but Grass could honestly be removed from the game and split into Bug and Food at this point.

I'll have a more thorough look at everything and make a bigger post later.

EDIT: If you do change the matchup, maybe make Meganium Food/Grass to match the other Gen 2 starters. Or even Grass/Sound if you could justify it.
Yeah, I noticed it now. What would you suggest for Food's defensive matchup? I removed Food's weakness to Bug in the meantime.

Food:
Resists: Light, Sound, Food, Water (Your original resists seemed good.)

Weak to: Fighting, Ghost, Blood, Fire (Punch a berry and it'll squish, Ghosts pass through and taint them.)

Seems balanced-ish to me, but it;s mostly me trying to differentiate from Grass. Still working on a big post.

Okay, here's my big post that I promised.

Questions:
- Why the Tough Claws nerf? Seems to be for no reason.
- Why the Speed Boost nerf? No users of it are banned in DOU.
- Why the Shadow Tag nerf? No users of it are banned in DOU, plus you added new ways to escape trapping.
- Why stop Solgaleo from setting up? It's banned in DOU anyway.

Comments/Suggestions:
- Cryogonal already learns Aurora Veil.
- Defiant/Competitive is a pretty decent ability, especially in Doubles, but it still feels like a nerf to give it to Mega Scizor and Mega Abomasnow. What if you gave it to their base forms instead?
- I personally think giving Flower Veil to Mega Chesnaught would be more interesting than Tough Claws, but still viable. Stopping burns is nice and same with no stats being lowered by Intimidate.
- Add an ability called Herbivore that makes the Pokemon take 1/2 damage from Grass and Food type moves.

I will definitely have more later. Feedback is appreciated.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Okay, here's my big post that I promised.

Questions:
- Why the Tough Claws nerf? Seems to be for no reason.
- Why the Speed Boost nerf? No users of it are banned in DOU.
- Why the Shadow Tag nerf? No users of it are banned in DOU, plus you added new ways to escape trapping.
- Why stop Solgaleo from setting up? It's banned in DOU anyway.

Comments/Suggestions:
- Cryogonal already learns Aurora Veil.
- Defiant/Competitive is a pretty decent ability, especially in Doubles, but it still feels like a nerf to give it to Mega Scizor and Mega Abomasnow. What if you gave it to their base forms instead?
- I personally think giving Flower Veil to Mega Chesnaught would be more interesting than Tough Claws, but still viable. Stopping burns is nice and same with no stats being lowered by Intimidate.
- Add an ability called Herbivore that makes the Pokemon take 1/2 damage from Grass and Food type moves.

I will definitely have more later. Feedback is appreciated.
The nerfs in Speed Boost, Shadow Tag and Tough Claws was because I originally intend it for Singles but I made the Pet Mod into Doubles. The Full Metal Body's change is largely an error from my part. I will fix these issues.

I might also follow some of your suggestions, especially regarding Mega Scizor and Mega Abomasnow.

As someone who is more n Doubles, I have a bunch of feedbacks about the changes done to abilities and moves.

Technician > Defiant (Allows Mega Scizor punishing Sticky Webs and Intimidate.)
Snow Warning > Competitive (Allows Mega Abomasnow to punish Intimidate and Sticky Webs.)
In addition to what Brodaha said, I want to point that Sticky Web isn't a big deal aside from the uncommon Araquanid. And most teams that bring Abomasnow are Trick Room team, so setting up Sticky Web on that team isn't recommended.

Speed Boost > Reckless (Redundancy, so Reckless will help Mega Blaziken to get an extra oomph on Flare Blitz and High Jump Kick. Remember that it have to knock out an opponent as normal Blaziken to get a speed boost.)
High Jump Kick is a risky choice for Doubles with Protect being omnipresent.

Healer > Natural Cure (Allows Mega Audino to performs its role as a wall better by getting rid of Rest-induced Sleep and worrisome Toxic damage.)
The only status condition to worry about in Gen 7 DOU is Sleep, though Toxic has always been considered not too worrisome there. I suggest replacing it with Prankster so that Mega Audino can do a better job at supporting.

Celebrate Double money reward after winning a Trainer Battle.
why

Crafty Shield Also protects the user from non-damaging attacks.
Isn't this what Crafty Shield can already accomplish?

Detect Can avoid moves that Protect and variants cannot fully protect against. As a result, it allows the user to dodge even a Z-Move.
The definition isn't very clear. Does it just avoid taking damage from Z-move?

Skipping a few that are banned from DOU, either because the user (Geomancy) or the move (Dark Void) is banned.

Guard Swap It can now also swap the actual Defense and Special Defense between the user and the target, not just the Defense and Special Defense stage changes.
That is something that Guard Split can accomplish.

High Horsepower BP increased to 105. Now have a 20% chance to lower target's Defense by 1 stage.
There's no reason to buff High Horsepower, its main niche is that it acts as a single-target Ground-type move that's actually more powerful than Earthquake as spread move's power is reduced by 25% when targetting multiple Pokemon. Snorlax carries High Horsepower prior to the ban.

Knock Off BP increased to 80, but only deal 1.5x more damage if the target have an item and is weak to Dark-type.
This is too unnecessary and specific, I say Knock Off should remain the same.

Quash Forces the opponent to move last this turn and the next turn.
I am not sure what's with the buff.

Seed Bomb Added secondary effect of providing Sap Sipper effect on non-Grass type targets by a 20% chance.
So, Seed Bomb can buff the attack stat of the target that isn't Grass-type?

Sparkling Aria If the target is an ally, it will not be damaged. Deal double damage on target with Burn.
This change is actually quite nice, though Primarina still won't be used.

Spore Accuracy is dropped to 75%, but will not miss if the user moves after the target.
The only viable user of this move is Amoonguss in DOU, so the nerf is rather unnecessary.

Stone EdgeBP is increased to 110, Accuracy increased to 85%. Doesn't make contact anymore.
Stone Edge never make contact to begin with.

Submission BP increased to 150, Accuracy increased to 90%. Recoil damage increased to 50%.
Wild Charge BP increased to 150 BP, but Accuracy reduced to 90.
Why does Submission get its recoil damage increased to a whopping 1/2 when Wild Charge gets to keep its relatively tame 1/4 recoil?

Aroma Veil Can also protect the user from moves that limit their move options.
Aroma Veil always can protect the user from these moves, just that the Gen 6 description for it isn't correct.

Blaze/Overgrow
Torrent/Swarm The boost now occurs at 50% HP or lower, and boosted moves can break thorough Protect and similar moves without penalty.
The protection breaking bonus sounds too extreme, just the early power boost activation would be enough.

Friend Guard Damage reduction increased to 33%. Also reduce receiving damage for replacing Pokemon by 33% if the Friend Guard Pokemon switches out.
I'm not sure why the ability itself is buffed, the problem with Friend Guard is the lack of good users that can take advantage of it. Clefairy is close enough, but not much.

Frisk To avoid being overshadowed by the buffed Forewarn, Frisk also have +1 priority with Trick and Switcharoo, as well as other moves that interact with items except Knock Off.
Gaining +1 priority buff for Trick and Switcharoo doesn't sound useful since these moves are rarely used in Doubles. Though I feel like I could be very wrong with that one.

Healer Can also remove the major Status Condition of the replacement, on the condition that the Healer Pokemon is not fainted.
The definition for Healer also isn't clear. I don't understand at all.

Heavy Metal User's Steel-type moves can break thorough Protect and variants without penalty.
"Aggron's Heavy Slam intensified"

Inner Focus Any attempt of Flinching will instead make the defender's Speed increased by 1 stage.
Seems good. What about Steadfast, then?
Steadfast Increases Speed by +2 instead of +1 after being flinched.
And Steadfast is still bad

Light Metal Steel-type moves gain +1 priority at 50% HP or higher. Old function is retained.
why

Leaf Guard Removes major status conditions in addition of protecting them from those conditions.
Not sure what that means.

Magician Deals 1,3x more damage if the target holds an item.
That power boost buff would be Hoopa Unbound even scarier than before since it prioritizes in getting rid of its held item as fast as possible in Doubles so it can steal the opponent's berries.

Moody Does not affect Accuracy and Evasion; only raise a stat by one stage instead of two stages. The increased stat via Moody will be always decreased after next turn.
Moody doesn't affect accuracy and evasion would be enough.

Multiscale Always for first hit regardless of user's HP. Reset by switch-out.
yet dragonite remains unviable in doubles

Overcoat Also immune to spore moves.
Spore moves do count as powder move, unless you're not aware of Overcoat is now buffed to being unaffected by powder move.

Parental Bond Set damage moves are not affected. Damaging moves that may raise a stat cannot raise the same stat again if the first time the stat increase had occurred.
Set damage being unaffected is fine in the book. Why is Mega Kangaskhan still not unbanned though?

Quick Feet Cannot be stopped by paralysis.
I like that change.

Teravolt User's Electric-type attacks can break thorough Protect and variations without penalty, in addition to normal function.
Kyurem Black being able to break through protect with Fusion Bolt all the time? That strikes me as a terrible idea.

Suction Cups Immune to grabbing moves. Reduce Z-Move damage by 50% if using Protect or any variations.
That means it reduces the damage done by Z-move by 12% with Protect, doesn't it?

Water Veil Also grant immunity to Fire-type moves.
Only Water-type Pokemon gains Water Veil, and most of them resists to Fire-type anyway.

I could have miss a few of them, so I might edit it later down the line.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
As someone who is more n Doubles, I have a bunch of feedbacks about the changes done to abilities and moves.

In addition to what Brodaha said, I want to point that Sticky Web isn't a big deal aside from the uncommon Araquanid. And most teams that bring Abomasnow are Trick Room team, so setting up Sticky Web on that team isn't recommended.

High Jump Kick is a risky choice for Doubles with Protect being omnipresent.

The only status condition to worry about in Gen 7 DOU is Sleep, though Toxic has always been considered not too worrisome there. I suggest replacing it with Prankster so that Mega Audino can do a better job at supporting.

why

Isn't this what Crafty Shield can already accomplish?

The definition isn't very clear. Does it just avoid taking damage from Z-move?

Skipping a few that are banned from DOU, either because the user (Geomancy) or the move (Dark Void) is banned.

That is something that Guard Split can accomplish.

There's no reason to buff High Horsepower, its main niche is that it acts as a single-target Ground-type move that's actually more powerful than Earthquake as spread move's power is reduced by 25% when targetting multiple Pokemon. Snorlax carries High Horsepower prior to the ban.

This is too unnecessary and specific, I say Knock Off should remain the same.

I am not sure what's with the buff.

So, Seed Bomb can buff the attack stat of the target that isn't Grass-type?

This change is actually quite nice, though Primarina still won't be used.

The only viable user of this move is Amoonguss in DOU, so the nerf is rather unnecessary.

Stone Edge never make contact to begin with.

Why does Submission get its recoil damage increased to a whopping 1/2 when Wild Charge gets to keep its relatively tame 1/4 recoil?

Aroma Veil always can protect the user from these moves, just that the Gen 6 description for it isn't correct.

The protection breaking bonus sounds too extreme, just the early power boost activation would be enough.

I'm not sure why the ability itself is buffed, the problem with Friend Guard is the lack of good users that can take advantage of it. Clefairy is close enough, but not much.

Gaining +1 priority buff for Trick and Switcharoo doesn't sound useful since these moves are rarely used in Doubles. Though I feel like I could be very wrong with that one.

The definition for Healer also isn't clear. I don't understand at all.

"Aggron's Heavy Slam intensified"

Inner Focus Any attempt of Flinching will instead make the defender's Speed increased by 1 stage.
Seems good. What about Steadfast, then?

And Steadfast is still bad

why

Not sure what that means.

That power boost buff would be Hoopa Unbound even scarier than before since it prioritizes in getting rid of its held item as fast as possible in Doubles so it can steal the opponent's berries.

Moody doesn't affect accuracy and evasion would be enough.

yet dragonite remains unviable in doubles

Spore moves do count as powder move, unless you're not aware of Overcoat is now buffed to being unaffected by powder move.

Set damage being unaffected is fine in the book. Why is Mega Kangaskhan still not unbanned though?

I like that change.

Kyurem Black being able to break through protect with Fusion Bolt all the time? That strikes me as a terrible idea.

That means it reduces the damage done by Z-move by 12% with Protect, doesn't it?

Only Water-type Pokemon gains Water Veil, and most of them resists to Fire-type anyway.

I could have miss a few of them, so I might edit it later down the line.
Thank you for the feedback. I will keep these in minds and make changes based on your feedback.

And done! I removed some unnecessary changes and toned down some like Blaze variations.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry for double post, though I want to announce the upcoming stuff, which are Regional Forms.

I intend to start with twelve Pokémon lines per Gen, with Gen 1 receive two more lines having one non-Alolan Regional Form. Brodaha's Herbivore idea might also he added as well.

When only counting fully evolved Pokemon, this makes a quite big 84 Regional Variants in total. However, I will also make sure to fill the gap between the more common types (and avoid them as much as possible) and focus on the lesser common Types and "New" Types. I will follow common rules in AquaticPanic's Alolan Forms V3 too when making the new Regional Variants.

Meanwhile, you may try to theorymonnig with the new and changed Moves/Abilities/Items, as well as the new Mega Evolutions. Reminder that this is a Doubles format, not traditional Singles OU.

I'm gonna be making some teams later but I have a few questions right now.

Does Mudsdale have any Sound moves? It seems like it should have Soundwave Kick

Are we allowed to submit regional forms right now?

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
I'm gonna be making some teams later but I have a few questions right now.

Does Mudsdale have any Sound moves? It seems like it should have Soundwave Kick

Are we allowed to submit regional forms right now?
For first question, I don't really remember, but I do agree that Mudsdale should have Soundwave Kick.

For second question, I had already done 12 lines of Kantonian forms (to make in-line of 12 lines of Alolan Forms), but I can accept more regional forms so long as they would sound viable in Doubles. I encouage making Type Combinations not yet existing in this Pet Mod or that are very uncommon.

Is this how you would like us to submit regional forms?

Pokémon: Sinnohese Noivern
New Typing: Sound / Dragon => Sound / Blood
New Abilities: Berserk / Infiltrator / Telepathy (HA) (has intrinsic levitation)
New Stats: 85 / 70 / 75 / 107 / 75 / 123 (-5 Def, +10 SpA, -5 SpD)
New Moves: Pressure Ray, Luminol Beam, Nerve Wreck
Removed Moves: Draco Meteor
Explanation/Niche: STAB Pressure Ray hits both opponents while Luminol Beam can be used to nuke single opponents. Sinnohese Noivern has Berserk and Telepathy, with Berserk providing it with a +2 SpA boost when at lower than half health or Telepathy allowing teammates to use moves like Earthquake and Boomburst with requiring Protect. STAB Hyper Voice or Boomburst fill in the Sound STAB. However, Sound / Blood has 7 weaknesses to Electric, Grass, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Dragon, and Blood, has 7 resistances, and hits 8 types super effectively, so Sinnohese Noivern can be rather frail.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Is this how you would like us to submit regional forms?

Pokémon: Sinnohese Noivern
New Typing: Sound / Dragon => Sound / Blood
New Abilities: Berserk / Infiltrator / Telepathy (HA) (has intrinsic levitation)
New Stats: 85 / 70 / 75 / 107 / 75 / 123 (-5 Def, +10 SpA, -5 SpD)
New Moves: Pressure Ray, Luminol Beam, Nerve Wreck
Removed Moves: Draco Meteor
Explanation/Niche: STAB Pressure Ray hits both opponents while Luminol Beam can be used to nuke single opponents. Sinnohese Noivern has Berserk and Telepathy, with Berserk providing it with a +2 SpA boost when at lower than half health or Telepathy allowing teammates to use moves like Earthquake and Boomburst with requiring Protect. STAB Hyper Voice or Boomburst fill in the Sound STAB. However, Sound / Blood has 7 weaknesses to Electric, Grass, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, Dragon, and Blood, has 7 resistances, and hits 8 types super effectively, so Sinnohese Noivern can be rather frail.
Yeah, this is good enough submission and also a good example of how to submit Regional Form.

(Practically Alolan Form the Per Mod but also Regional Forms from other regions)

Pokémon: Hoennian Frillish
New Typing:

New Abilities: Light Absorb / Cursed Body | HA: Illuminate
New Stats: 60 / 25 / 65 / 85 / 65 / 35 (+10, -15, +15, +20, -20, -5) BST 335
New/Removed Moves:
Removed (9): Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Dive, Hydro Pump, Water Sport, Water Spout, Night Shade, Dark Pulse
Added (9): Flash, Spotlight, Signal Beam, Radiant Shift, Shine Break, Glow Dance, Shine Boost, Light Escape

Pokémon: Hoennian Jellicent
New Typing:

New Stats: 100 / 40 / 60 / 115 / 95 / 70 (+0, -20, -10, +30, -10, +10) BST 480
New/Removed Moves: (see Frillish)

Flavor/Design: You may know that examples of this species can be found in various zones of Hoenn. The first colonisation, though, started in Slateport City, when the Royal Unova, a cruise ship coming from Castelia City, brought some Frillish eggs inside some empty parts of the ship where water stays calm. Since then the first population developed around the beach of Route 109, and receiving the rays of Slateport’s lighthouse they became bioluminescent. Since then, they have developed most of their attacking capabilities around emitting Light from their body.

This is an offensive take one one of my personal favourite Pokémon, from its only role of bulky annoyer and Status spreader, it also becomes a Scarf Sweeper, thanks to its -ate ability that gives it some strong moves and to its new pivoting move. Light Absorb can also be used since it already learns some strong Light-type moves, such as Shine Break and Radiant Shift. They are weak to Grass, Water, Steel and Food, while resistant to Blood, Fairy, Electric, Fire and Bug and Immune to Dark, Normal and Fighting types.

Also, may I suggest to give to Silver Wind and Ominous Wind same boosts of Ancient Power? (Otherwise my Jellicent won’t have affordable Ghost-type STABs, because Shadow Ball doesn’t make sense on a Light-type Pokémon)

Last edited:
I personally think Primeape should've been Steel. Could it have a mega that's Fighting/Steel or a regional form that's Normal/Steel?

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Can we submit regional forms?
If so, here’s my take:

Pokémon: Hoennian Frillish
New Typing:

New Stats: 65 / 35 / 65 / 85 / 65 / 35 (+0, -5, +15, +20, -20, -5) BST 335
New/Removed Moves:
Removed (9): Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Dive, Hydro Pump, Water Sport, Water Spout, Night Shade, Dark Pulse
Added (9): Flash, Spotlight, Signal Beam, Radiant Shift, Shine Break, Glow Dance, Shine Boost, Light Escape

Pokémon: Hoennian Jellicent
New Typing:

New Stats: 110 / 40 / 70 / 115 / 95 / 50 (+10, -20, +0, +30, -10, -10) BST 335
New/Removed Moves:
Removed (9): Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Hydro Pump, Water Sport, Water Spout, Night Shade, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse
Added (9): Flash, Spotlight, Signal Beam, Radiant Shift, Shine Break, Glow Dance, Shine Boost, Light Escape, Calm Mind

Flavor/Design: You may know that in various zones of Hoenn examples of this species. The first colonisation, though, started in Slateport City, when the Royal Unova, a cruise ship coming from Castelia City, brought some eggs inside some empty parts of the ship where water stays calm. Since then the first population developed around the beach of Route 109, and receiving the rays of Slateport’s lighthouse they became bioluminescent. Since then, they have developed most of their attacking capabilities around emitting Light from their body.

This is an offensive take one one of my personal favourite Pokémon, from its only role of bulky annoyer and Status spreader, it also becomes a TR Sweeper, thanks to its -ate ability gives it some strong moves. Light Absorb can also be used since it already learns some strong Light-type moves, such as Shine Break and Radiant Shift.
Also, may I suggest to give to Silver Wind and Ominous Wind same boosts of Ancient Power? (Otherwise my Jellicent won’t have affordable Ghost-type STABs, because Shadow Ball doesn’t make sense on a Light-type Pokémon)
Ah yes, I suppose Omnimous Wind and Silver Wind will have same BP buff as Ancient Power.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Just to tell you that Brodaha started to code the metagame, one by one step at a time. There might be some stuff that could be too difficult (for him or for anyone) to program and may result a change if needed.

So far he had coded most of the buffed Pokemon, the Type interaction and the Mega Evolutions. New Ability distribution for old Pokemon and everything else will be coming soon or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)