Generation 5 RMT

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Generation 5 has completly and utterley turned the metagame upsidedown. With insane Pokemon like Shaymin-S, Deoxys, Darkrai, and Manaphy running around it's all offence. Doryuuzu is a giant threat after Sandstorm which is udder torture. Rain teams are strong as it is. With Manaphy in OU finally and Tail Glow giving a +3 boost is even worse.

Then we have to start with the Dragons. I mean seriously this game has gotten really crazy. Sazandora and Ononokusu are incredibly strong. Garchomp is back and better than ever. With new partners and even more Sandstorm stuff it gets even worse.

Anyway, now i'm going to finally talk about this team. Personally i've havn't been using this team personally as much as my rain team and DJX09's team on ladder. This team reached me to #131 on the ladder before getting haxxed up. Now i'm in the 200s again at least. It's been changed quite a bit though so be prepared. The main reason i'm posting it so early is so I can get a more idea of the black and white metagame. Now it's time for a short team building overlook.

Nattorei / Zoroark / Salamence / Latios / Rotom-W / Roobushin

Yeah. This is the team before. As you can see I will have the same main things as I did after awhile. But eh. Anyway I found that Zoroark was a little to fragile and I honestly wanted another dragon sponge and possibly something stronger. So I switched to Kirikizan over Zoroark.

Nattorei / Kirikizan / Salamence / Latios / Rotom-W / Roobushin

Now I was considering something over Rotom-W. I considered a couple of things. Shibirudon and Lanturn were the main things I considered. They kept the electric type and in general similar qualities. I decided against Lanturn because I wanted a bit better stall breaking abilities.

Nattorei / Kirikizan / Salamence / Latios / Shibirudon / Roobushin

Well I considered instead of Choice Scarf Latios I would use Choice Specs or Calm Mind. Choice Specs was my final choice as it is extremly strong. I'm still on the fence though because theres DD Mence and Ononokusu.

So thats basically how I got from that to this. I really want to get some help now though. I want to know if I should switch to Lanturn or even back to Rotom-W. Anyway it's time to show you guys the team in description and sets and all.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Nattorei is strange I must admit. It's one of the best rain counters ever though. Completly resisting Kingdra which is rains primary sweeper most of the time (besides Manaphy which Nattorei can also take care of). It can Leech Seed and Stealth Rock on practically every rain Pokemon there is. It's defences are great in many cases in general. A strong Power Whip makes it something special for sure. A decent base attack stat makes sure it can make it's point when needing to hit something.

Nattorei is quite common. At first it was underrated and overlooked by the offencive wave of Doryuuzu and dragons. Thankfully people came to their senses and realized just how good this thing can and will be if used to full potentional. It's the prime dragon resist of my team thanks to it's great typing.

Kirikizan (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Competitive Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Stone Edge

Kirikizan. As soon as I saw Lady Bug use this thing I knew I had to try it. I decided i'd use it over Zoroark thanks to it's good typing and high stats overall. It even gives me a nice second dragon resist to abuse. It's fantastic synergy with Latios allows them to resist pratically every type in the game. Latios and Kirikizan make a powerful pair especially. Latios can smash through strong physical walls with strong Draco Meteors and Dragon Pulses while Kirikizan can hit Blissy and Chansey very hard with Brick Break.

The main reason i'm using Balloon is that I can technically beat Doryuuzu this way. I really have been considering Life Orb. Although 3 Life Orb users is kind of extreme. This is one reason why I am thinking of using Lanturn or Rotom-W again over Shibirudon. Or even another set of Shibirudon.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Roobushin is a complete and utter beast. Bulk Up gives it a significent attack and defence boost. Drain Punch is the main focus of the set. It can deal an amazing amount of damenge to almost the entire tier. It also heals it quite a bit. Mach Punch typically picks off weakened foes like Doryuuzu and friends. Payback is for ghosts like Burunguea and Deskukan which I occasionally see.

The EV spread is made for taking special hits much better. It defeats Dakrai relatively easy thanks to this spread. Roobushin is also the Tyranitar counter of the team. Sandstorm is such a threat in this metagame that everyone needs at least a semi-counter. Roobushin is probubly one of the most promising Pokemon of the generation. That is never going to change.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Salamence was the permier stall breaker of OU and that didn't change much this generation. Salamence still poses a large threat to many Pokemon. It is my Lucario check of the team thanks to it's great natural bulk. The thing is stall has changed a bit since last gen. Salamence has a bit harder time breaking through it. It still does it's job though so i'm not mad at the least.

It's movest is rather simple. Classic MixMence pretty much. Draco Meteor is a really strong tool in this metagame since for some reason people are carrying only 1 steel from what i've seen. With so many dragons introduced thats pretty crazy in my opinion. Brich Break is for Chansey and Blissy pretty much. Although they aren't seen as much because of the offencive wave. Fire Blast is for steels like Jirachi and Skarmory. Roost is for recovery when I have to.

The best thing about Salamence is that it can preform so many different roles. Many people thought Ononokusu would overshadow Mence. Boy people were wrong. Salamence is pretty huge this generation.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Trick

Originally Scarf Latios I felt that with the new changes it was a bit redundent. This gives me alot more power. Specs Latios is an extremly powerful Pokemon. DJX09 revamped Team X with Specs Latios over Latias because of it's just to great power. Draco Meteor literally hits like a nuke. It's decent bulk also gives it a huge plus in my book. I have been wondering though if I should use a CM varient though. Or even a bulky CM Latias to handle fire types easier because I got rid of Rotom-W.

His movest is simple. Draco Meteor is a one time attack to hit Pokemon that are typically stronger and need a very strong force to be beaten. Dragon Pulse is more for sweeping abilities. It is weaker but it still has quite a good amount of power. Surf is for beating stuff like Heatran. Trick is for screwing over Blissy and friends. Finally I have been thinking of running a KG exclusive. Refresh CM Latias. That thing surprisingly breaks through stall. Even CM Refresh Latios works. Both are options I am considering.

Shibirudon (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 SAtk / 86 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Wild bolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Surprisingly this guy works quite well as a mixed sweeper. A strong Wild Bolt is enough to 2HKO Blissy with not much trouble. It's decent bulk and lack of weakness makes it a decent Pokemon on the team. This spot is the main opening of the team. Rotom-W was here before until I decided it wasn't working as well as I thought it would. I am considering using Rotom here again but i'm not 100% sure. Specs Rotom-W is an option. This way i'll be using something different than Specs Latios. Lanturn is also considered in this spot. Even Hihidaruma has been an option.

Anyway this guy is the second stall breaker of the team. It aids me quite a bit in this area. Grass Knot is for foes like Swampert and ground types that may get in my way. HP Ice is for dragons that tend to switch in. Flamethower is here for grass types like Celebi and crew. All are here for coveredge pretty much.

Considering Changes

Of course there's always a change to be made for my teams. Using something over Shibirudon like Lanturn or even Rotom-W again is something i've been wondering. Using a different Latios set like CM or CM Refresh is an option. Even a Latias CM Refresh is something i've been thinking of to break through stall.

- Rotom-W or Lanturn or even something else over Shibirudon
- Possibly different set for Latios or even Latias over it with a CM Refresh set

For Roobushin, run Stone Edge over Payback. As a long-time Roobushin user, I've found it works quite a lot better. It prevents Gayrados / Zapdos / Borutorosu from generally shitting on your sweep. Also, Stone Edge hits all the defensively frail Ghosts for a OHKO after a +1 / +2, ex. Gengar, Burungeru, Mismagius, etc.

You could consider running a Bulky Zapdos as your 6th poke as a more effective wallbreaker. Sub or Roost / Toxic / Thunderbolt / Heat Wave. Still good type coverage, with status inducing capability and a little better bulk. Also quite a lot faster.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
The triple Ice weakness would be my problum there though. I'll see about Stone Edge on Roobushin.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
On Latios, the double dragon moves are rather redundant. Replace dragon pulse with a coverage move (hpfire/ice beam/t-bolt) or phycho shock to nail blissey after you trick your choice specs

PDC

street spirit fade out
Actually they're not. Dragon Pulse allows it to get a sweep once and awhile. Without it it's main move would only be Draco Meteor. It gives it a secondary strong move to hit stuff rather hard with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)