Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime and game references galore with these Alolan forms. First Cubone's mom and now Puka? Nice going there Game Freak.

That Alolan Raichu is referencing Puka, a blue-eyed Pikachu that could sense waves were coming from the anime.
But if they were referencing Puka, wouldn't they just release an Alolan pikachu with the Electric Psychic typing, same blue eyes, and same ability?

Oh man, Alolan Raichu is gonna be an offensive terror in doubles if EQ users can be taken off the field.

The school of fish-mon looks suitably awesome, I am impressed now that I've seen it animated.

My in game team is getting harder and harder to pick with every week which makes me extremely stoked. Rowlet, Rockruff, Meowth-A, Vikavolt....only 2 more spots to fill and I haven't decided against the mantis grass mon whose name escapes me right now.

Also, loving the evil team's swag right now - their motivation seems to be resentment or a reaction to rejection? I like that, makes them seem more human but we'll see how they channel that resentment with their goal in the story.

If all this will be confirmed, and I'm pretty sure it will:

- Alolan Raichu is ADORABLE! Never were a fan of the Pika line, but I really love this one. Electric/Psychic isn't the most threatening typing, but it's peculiar and I like it. Surge Surfer is cool, but it'll depends on how much it'll be easy to put terrains on battle. If Tapu Koko will not be OP, seeing them paired could bee awesome.

- I liked Wishiwashi form when first leaked, but now that I see it animated it's freakin' cool! That thing is massive, and looks really menacing! Don't really understand how its ability works, I guess we'll figure it out when it'll be officially announced. Changing form after a certain level sounds as a regular evo, so it must have some differences.

- Pyukumuku, not much to say, it's still really cute in 3D. Having a new, peculiar ability is cool (we're getting TONS this gen), I'm really curious about it. Pure water is quite uninteresting, but maybe the ability or an evo will compensate for it.

- Morelull is cute as hell, reference to real fungi bioluminescence is pretty cool! Hope it'll have also hallucinogenic powers! (I suppose it by its name). Really look like a first stage though.

- Alolan Meowth is still ok, I like it, but I'm actually much more interested in Persian, of course. Retaining Technician could be nice (a special swift with technician Snarl + hidden power?)

- Alolan Marowak retaining Lightning rod is pretty cool, especially considering that it being slimmer will also probably be faster and still immune to electric attacks despite no more Ground type. Everyone is guessing that it'll not be able to abuse the eventual special attack boost, but who said that Alolan Marowak was going to be physical at all? It doesn't have a "thick club" after all, it has spectral flames perfectly suited for a fast, special attacker...

- Guzma & Grunts are ok, but I almost fell in love with that badass punk Plumeria.

Oh man, Alolan Raichu is gonna be an offensive terror in doubles if EQ users can be taken off the field.

The school of fish-mon looks suitably awesome, I am impressed now that I've seen it animated.

My in game team is getting harder and harder to pick with every week which makes me extremely stoked. Rowlet, Rockruff, Meowth-A, Vikavolt....only 2 more spots to fill and I haven't decided against the mantis grass mon whose name escapes me right now.

Also, loving the evil team's swag right now - their motivation seems to be resentment or a reaction to rejection? I like that, makes them seem more human but we'll see how they channel that resentment with their goal in the story.
Magnet rise is a thing, so you could just make that your first move if earthquake is a huge threat

I don't like that Wishiwashi changes form at a certain level. It's a complete waste of an ability when it should just be an evolution imo. Otherwise, liking these leaks a lot. Pyukumuku could be pretty good if given an evolution, which is likely. I'm gonna have such a hard time picking my team for this game! Rowlet, Vulpix-A, probably Vikavolt is all I can decide on so far. Secretly holding out on Wimpod getting an awesome evolution a la Magikarp to Gyarados.

I don't like that Wishiwashi changes form at a certain level. It's a complete waste of an ability when it should just be an evolution imo.
We still don't know much about it, I'd wait for more precise infos before judging. Maybe Wishiwashi gets massive stats boosts (something like Zygarde 100%, with the obvious differences), and having a virtually useless ability could be a way to nerf it a bit.

So, it's pretty much confirmed then. Alolan Raichu's speed doubles in Electric Terrain.

Now if there was only an item to prolong electric terrain...

Reactions: JES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)