Gen V Team (this is my first time posting, so please be kind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I got to testing a team I made, and I want to know what you guys think!

Gliscor (Impish, 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk, Poison Heal, Toxic Orb)
Moves: Earthquake, Roost, Ice Fang, Stealth Rock
This is my physical waller and stealth rock user, since he can basically go to stealth rock right from the start. I don't SR a lot though.

Alakazam (Timid, 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP, Magic Guard, Life Orb)
Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Electric
One of my best sweepers, my Alakazam can decimate 2-3 pokemon on a good day. I also made him run a Hidden Power Electric just for those bulky water types.

Blissey (Bold, 232 Def, 252 SpA, 24 SpD, Natural Care, Leftovers)
Moves: Wish, Flamethrower, Healbell, Icebeam
My special wall, I discovered that this set can survive Scizor's CB bullet punch quite nicely, and the Wish support is always awesome. I run a 252 EV SpA so she can deal damage to those some pesky annoyances.

Chandelure (Modest, 252 SpA, 220 Speed, 36 HP, Flash Fire, Choice Scarf)
Moves: Fire Blast, Shadowball, Energyball, Hidden Power Ice
One of the Choice pokemon. This this thing can outspeed many things in the metagame, has three nice immunities, and can can take down up to 4 pokemon with Flash Fire enabled

Scizor (Adamant, 252 Atk, 132 Def, 124 HP, Technician, Choice Band)
Moves: Bullet Punch, U-turn, Pursuit, Superpower)
One thing can be said about this guy: Revenge Killer. And I must admit, I killed many Psychic Types with Pursuit.

Cloyster (Adamant, 252 Atk, 216 Speed, 40 HP, Skill Link, King's Rock
Moves: Icicle Spear, Rock Blast, Ice Shard, Shell smash)
My most threatening sweeper. One thing I like to do: If I know that my enemy will run SR on my team, I make him go first and Shell Smash on his face. Works 80% of the time. Then proceeds to run amock on the enemy. I chose Ice Shard because of breloom, which can put him to sleep. I can decimate whole teams with this

Most depressing weakness I have found: Water-types. especially bulky water-types, rain teams with Vaporeon in it.

Team Description: Fast Kill

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Eh, cloyster's actually not too bad. But change Psychic on Alakzam to Shadow ball. And if you're having trouble with rainy teams, grab a Ludicolo with Swift Swim. It'll usually go first and then sweep with Giga Drain.

the awesome thing about cloyster is after a shell smash, cloyster has 634 ATK and 460 SPEED. with skill link, I have two 125 base power attacks which can break substitutes and still kill whoever's behind it.
So please don't hate on cloyster, cause he is awesome

and don't hate on my team because of just one pokemon. What's so bad about cloyster, anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Max speed scarfed Latios outspeeds max speed Cloyster after SS. Also Vaporeon's actually hard to take down without a good physical sweeper. Rest + Hydration = win.

and don't hate on my team because of just one pokemon. What's so bad about cloyster, anyway?
cloyster can be a very big threat as long as you provide the necessary support.

However, cloyster requires a lot of help from teammates to be successful, so I would advise you to add a dual screen mon and magnezone for trapping steels.

Blissey (Bold, 232 Def, 252 SpA, 24 SpD, Natural Care, Leftovers)
Moves: Wish, Flamethrower, Healbell, Icebeam
My special wall, I discovered that this set can survive Scizor's CB bullet punch quite nicely, and the Wish support is always awesome. I run a 252 EV SpA so she can deal damage to those some pesky annoyances.
your blisset set is still generally 2hko'd by cb scizor after sr while eviolite chansey is not, so blissey can't even reliably switch into cb scizor. also superpower ohko's it. what does 24 sdef ev's accomplish? honestly attacking blissey is pretty mediocre in general and support is the best blissey to run, nor does attacking blissey really lure in anything that your team has trouble with.

alakazam probably wants focus sash instead of life orb. also shadow ball > psyshock/psychic. you might want hp bug for celebi too idk.

your scizor ev's are really weird, what do they even do?

yeah against any good player you probably won't be able to set up cloyster t1.

Then what? Than*

Guys, he is new, leave him be please, he will learn.
I'm not talking to the one who posted the RMT, I'm talking to AWailOfATail, because he said Vaporeon is hard to take down of you don't have blah blah and I said, you have a terrible team if you can't defeat a mere Vaporeon.

Sure I might hit the guy who posted this RMT, but I did it unintentionally. Read more carefully next time.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hello,

This thread is in violation of the RMT rules, which states that you need at least 3 lines of description per Pokemon. Try to expand on what role each Pokemon plays for your team, and why you chose that specific moveset or EV spread.

PM me your updated descriptions and I will unlock this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)