Gen V OU team

Kojondo [Regeneration] @Life Orb
Jolly 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
- U-Turn
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Physical sweeper. Regeneration heals Life Orb and entry damage.

Urugamosu [Flame Body] @Life Orb
Timid 6HP/252SpA/252Spe
- Butterfly Dance
- Flame Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

Special sweeper with Butterfly Dance.

Entei [Pressure] @Choice Band
Adamant 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Choice Band sweeper.

Denchura [Compoundeyes] @Choice Scarf
Timid 6HP/252SpA/252Spe
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Change

Special sweeper. Compoundeyes helps Thunder's accuracy and Volt Change lets it damage and switch out.

Shinbora [Magic Guard] @Life Orb
Timid 6HP/252SpA/252Spe
- Psycho Shock
- Air Slash
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam

Special sweeper. Magic Guard protects from Life Orb's damage.

Dragonite [Inner Focus] @Choice Band
Jolly 6HP/252Atk/252Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extremespeed

Physical sweeper with good coverage. Outrage for power, Earthquake and Fire Punch for coverage, and Extremespeed for faster Pokémon like Jolteon.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Read the forum rules. You will need to add description of how your team works on a member by member basis, as well as explaining exactly why you have each one. Some pictures wouldn't go amiss. You also need to tell us which metagame you are playing and basic information like that, because otherwise we have no idea what to rate it for.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Athenodoros said:
Read the forum rules.
Forum Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Check out the RMT Archive for good examples. Also, some strategy with the team is helpful, to show us how you use it. If you don't give us all this information, then the thread will be locked because it is impossible to post helpfully.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be checking later to see if you have not made an effort to improve your descriptions. Please read the RMT rules.

One or two sentences can completely describe the entire strategy for each of my Pokémon, so it's not that I'm just choosing not to write more, there is no more that could be written.

I guess just delete this thread, then; if no one's going to actually help me to improve my team, there's no point in keeping it around.

Ok, I'm guessing you really haven't read any other RMT's in this forum. Its not that nobody wants to help you, its that people cannot help you when the content in your post is so brief; there is almost nothing to comment on until you have some substance in your post. And contrary to what you might think, there is plenty more to be written. You have just simply stated the pokemon's item and moves in your "descriptions." You are lacking specific descriptions about what each pokemon does for the entire team. Anyways, I will attempt to give a brief rate.

First of all, you have 4 pokemon weak to stealth rock, one of which takes 50%. You only have one resist, one with magic guard, and you also lack a spinner. If rocks are set up then ulgamoth is dead, as almost any powerful physical attack will OHKO after stealth rock damage. In addition, I see that you have Kojondo as your lead, which makes for a decent lead, however, you don't have taunt, which means you have no way of preventing any entry hazards from being set up. In my opinion, Entei needs to go. It is entirely outclassed by Arcanine, who has access to instant recovery, a better offensive movepool plus priority without needing to use an adamant nature, and OMFG Close Combat. In addition, by using a choice item, you will be switching a lot and with no way to prevent entry hazrads, you die with all the repeated switching. And let me just say, in sand, Doryuuzu and Landlos are going to 6-0 this team without a problem. Rain offense will also destroy your team (choice scarf denchura is outsped and OHKO'd by swift swimmers with a powered up water STAB move of choice). Heck, even sun will have a field day with your team.

You seriously need entry hazards. Use something like nattorei instead of Denchura, and couple it with something like starmie or something with taunt to aid your entry hazard problem. Shinboraa needs roost to be truly effective, maybe even a calm mind set would work better since its special attack is somewhat average... Overall, I think this team needs a lot of work, and there obviously wasn't too much thought behind it. You can't just throw a team together and expect people to make it better for you. People who post in this forum have been testing their teams and tweaking them until they seem nearly perfect, and THEN they post here to improve it even further. If you do yourself the simple favor of expanding your descriptions, even adding support as to why this is a valid team, people are most definitely willing to help you. Smogon is here to help, but you need to help yourself first.

One or two sentences can not completely describe the entire strategy for each of my Pokémon, so I'm just choosing not to write more, there is more that could be written.
That's how I'm reading this.

Well, you said absoluteley nothing about...

~The teams purpose
~Strategy
~Type synergy
~Threats
~Resistances
~How to deal with counters
~Role of each pokemon
~EV reasoning
~Nature choice
~Item choice
~Moveset choice
~Strategy in certain situations
~Testing analysis

I'd like to help, honestly, I would, but you have almost NO information. 1 or 2 sentences is barely enough to describe the appearence of a pokemon.

This team would be mutilated by my NU team 3/4-0 if you're lucky the way I see it.
Your lead's name should be Dragonite/Weavile/Metagross and nothing else.
The reason being that you will be mauled otherwise because of your pathetic lead.
Goodnight

I can barely even give you a rate because I know almost nothing about how your team members work together, and your descriptions are just repeating the movesets. The only thing I can really say right now is that you have an entei... Entei is outclassed by so many pokemon that could be doing more damage than him without a choice item. Like chanazn said, arcanine outclasses it, and so many pokemon are just better physical fire sweepers. You already have a fire type in Ulgamoth, so why not try a different physical sweeper, like... rock polish metagross? Rock Polish metagross tears through teams, and people almost never prepare for them. I don't have a specific set, there's one on-site for 4th gen that works well in 5th gen too. Go look it up.
Seriously, add more to your descriptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)