Gen V OU Team (3 Cutemons!)

So, I've been looking at other sets, and I've been wondering. Should I use Taunt on Erufuun, to stop other leads setting up entry hazards (if I decide to put her in the lead slot)? Also, should I put Leftovers and Leech Seed on Nuttre to make him a better wall?

I've also been considering ditching Nuttre for Foretress, because the latter can set up Toxic Spikes as well, but I'm rather concerned about the turret's rather poor special defense, and it would cause some minor modifications to the rest of my team as well. Thoughts on this?

Get rid of Trick Room. It doesn't actually nerf Gyro Ball. Trick Room reverses the order Pokemon move in, not their actual speed stats, but still, putting Trick Room on a Pokemon has to benefit more than just 2 Pokemon.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Hawkflight, I have tested out both 252Hp/252 Def and your spread out and I have found that Rank doesn't really need the extra attack granted by 252 SpA Ev's and that it would be much better placed in Def which makes it exponentially more bulky, and with recover it won't be likely to go down to much. For excample it can survive a CB scizor U-turn at full health:naughty:.

Good Luck with the team

Thank you, idiot. (I can't believe I just said that without being insulting. o.o) May I ask you to elaborate a little on your tests? I'm curious as to the details of what you found.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Maybe I was insulted o_O

On too what I've found then...

It can easily survive a Dory +2 X-Scissor and OHKO back with Focus Blast.
In most situations you can recover stall scarf chomp out of Outrage until he becomes confused.
Can still easily OHKO all but the most special bulky Roobushin's but then they can't 2HKO you.
I have taken +1 kingdra waterfalls in the rain before.
What I already said about Scizor.
Most unstabbed U-turns won't do more than half allowing you to recover the damage off.
And more that I can't think of off the top of my head now.

Edit: I'd also like to add that it completely destroys stall as the most they can do is phaze you out, but seeing as you take no entry hazard damage they will be hard pressed to stop you for good if you can kill off their ghost.

Edit 2: I know you mentioned something about using Spe EV's for HP but you don't want to do that. With garchomps speed you reall need max to tie with other Scarfchomps and too outspeed base 100 scarfers.

Thanks for the tips. I've switched to the EV spread you suggested, I'll see how it works out. Also, I've been considering replacing Focus Blast with Shadow Ball to deal with Rankurusu, which has a tendency to demolish my team. Is this a bad idea?

Also, I'm really considering replacing Burungeru with Breloom, but I'm really worried about this giving me yet another fire-type weakness. I could use some thoughts on this. Maybe if I replaced it with Starmie or something like it, and dedicated a different slot to Breloom? But which one ... that is the question....

EDIT: I am presently in the process of replacing Burungeru with Starmie. This thread will be updated as soon as I have done sufficient testing on this issue. I still do want to put Breloom in my team somewhere, but I'm still not sure where.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I popped into this thread and thought, "Wow, this team looks really solid"

. . . then I realized that this is a team I commented on already . . . lol

Good job dude, looks good

Haha, funny how that happens. Since you're here, perhaps you'd like to weigh in on Starmie vs. Burungeru?

Also, general note. I'm presently switching Erufuun into the lead position. If anybody has some tips on what to do with her moveset or EVs (if anything), let me know. I'm also pondering replacing Nuttre's Thunder Wave with Toxic.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
If you were to add a breloom I would stick it in over either nattorei or erufuun as having three grass types is quite ridiculous. The set I use is a little unorthodox but is extremely effective:

244 Hp/252 Atk/12 Spe
Adamant
Toxic Orb/Poison Heal
Spore
Focus Punch
Seed Bomb
Mach Punch

This set gives it great bulk and allows Breloom to act as makeshift revenge killer if needed. I've found that speed Ev's aren't extremely necessary and you're much better off investing it in speed. This set works a little different than typical subpunch loom and needs a bit better prediction. The goal is to predict the switch in after you sleep something and either fire off a focus punch/seed bomb or get the hell out to your counter which is much easier to do with team previews. I hope you atleast try my set out as it really kicks ass. Good luck with the team.

I've found that speed Ev's aren't extremely necessary and you're much better off investing it in speed.
Please explain.
Edit: No, I mean the quote doesn't make sense. But I think it should be:
I've found that speed Ev's aren't extremely necessary and you're much better off investing it in HP.
On a (completely) unrelated note:

Don't worry, I won't.

I definitely support Thunder Wave not on Nattorei. Thunder Wave rarely slows down the opponent so much you outspeed, especially with absolute minimum speed for Gyro Ball. Also, speaking of Gyro Ball, Thunder Wave makes it up to 4 times weaker.
Edit: Also, I don't know if this is on purpose or not, but your Nattorei still shows a Brave nature. If you want your stats that way, you can run 252HP/88Atk/8Def/128SpD Relaxed with 32 EVs left over.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
To further explain my speed argument...

In the current metagame most things run speed and have a higher Speed stat than Breloom so Breloom wouldn't need to invest in speed to outspeed them as it sits at only 70 Speed and most people run Adamant. The other group of pokemon are bulky types who don't invest in speed and have a lower Speed total than Breloom. As a result Breloom will outspeed them anyways and the Speed EV's are no good. The 12 EV's allow it to outspeed other nuetral base 70 that haven't invested. That Breloom also has Mach Punch, which has priority as I am sure you know. This allows Breloom to attack first if it needs to. So far I have not had any times where I wished that I had put full speed EV's into Breloom, but their have been many times that I have been glad for the extra bulk. It allows Breloom to take nuetral and resisted hits much better and when used in conjunction with Poison Heal gives Breloom above average survivability. I hope that is enough of an explanation.

Yeah, Erufuun is a cute cotton sheep and all, but please make her at least fit into the page. Ever thought about giving her Taunt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)