Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

Baxcalibur is the main sweeper of the team. It's a standard loaded dice dragon dance set. It has Glaive Rush and Icicle Spear for it STAB along with Earthquake for coverage against pokemon like Skeledirge, Gargancale and Heatran. Thermal Exchange is to prevent burns from pokemon like Cinderace, Heatran and Rotom-W as well as improve its match-up against fire types. I gave it a plus speed nature to allow it to naturally outspeed Great Tusk and Gholdengo, pokemon which otherwise could threaten Baxcalibur. Tera Fairy is to allow it to set up on pokemon like Great Tusk and physical Dragapult

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Slack Off
- Sludge Bomb

Slowking_G is my pivot. It's main job is to set up hail for Baxcalibur as well as support it and other pokemon with Future Sight. It is a standard set with Sludge Bomb for secondary STAB so that it can threaten pokemon like Enamorous and Hatterene. Slack Off is there to improve its longevity so it can stay alive longer and can't be worn down as easier. Def investment so that it can take on all hits. Tera Flying to remove its weakness to ground improving its matchup against Great Tusk and Enamorous. Heavy Duty boots is the item of choice so that it can switch in more easily. It's min speed so that I can slow Chilly Reception.

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Great Tusk is my hazard removal of choice (not like there are many other choices). Went for max speed and attack to make it offensively threatening allowing it to outspeed and threaten pokemon like Landorous with ice spinner. Earthquake is the STAB of Headlong rush or Close Combat as it doesn't lower Tusk's defense allowing Tusk to stay in longer. Ice Spinner is there to threaten pokemon like Landorous, Zapdos and opposing Great Tusks. Knock Off is for support to remove items like boots and leftovers as well as to threaten spin blockers like Ballon Gholdengo and Dragapult. Tera Water is to imrpove its matchup against Samurott and Baxcalibur. I use Heavy-Duty Boots so that I can more easily switch into hazards and remove them.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Recover
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Gastrodon is my special wall as well as water resist and Stealth Rocker. Surf is my STAB of choice because otherwise my team lacks water coverage with I fell is quite useful. It also allows me to hit Great Tusks switching in to remove my Stealth Rocks. Recover is to improve longevity and allow me to shake off Draco Meteors from pokemon like Walking Wake and Dragapult. Yawn is there to prevent set up sweepers like Enamorous from setting up. It also has great synergy with Stealth Rocks as it forces the opponent to switch which causes them to take rocks damage. Tera fire is to prevent pokemon with grass coverage from breaking it. It also works well with Storm Drain. Leftovers is the item of choice to improve longevity and prevent it from being worn down by burn damage.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Discharge

Zapdos is my physical wall. It has enough speed investment so that it can outspeed Great Tusk and Samurott-Hs and threaten them with Hurricane and Discharge respectively. Static is there so it can hopefully paralyse pokemon hitting it with a contact move like Samurott-H hitting it with Ceasless Edge and pokemon with U-Turn. Roost is for recovery and improves its longevity. U-Turn is the switch move of choice as it can't be blocked by ground types like Ting-Lu and Iron Threads. Hurricane and Discharge are the STABs of choice. I use Discharge over Thunderbolt to help spread paralysis. Tera Steel is to improve its defense removing its weakness to Baxcalibur's ice move, and rock type moves from pokemon like scarf Landorous.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Tera Blast

Scarf Heatran is here for speed control. It also gives the team a good switch to fire types like Cinderace and grass types like Meowscarada. Flamethrower and Flash Canon are the STABs of choice, (I don't like running innacurate moves) Earth Power is for coverage so I can hit pokemon like weakened Toxapexs and other Heatrans. Tera Grass with tera blast is to hit water types though mostly pokemon who have terad water like Landorous. It also removes Heatran's weakness to Earthquake allowing it to gurantee kill pokemon like Great Tusk and Iron Threads.

I do like this team and I have found success with it (I am 1400s on the ladder) although the team isn't perfect. Notably this team doesn't have a pokemon who can absorb spore from Amoongus or Knock Offs. Any other big weaknesses you can't spot or ways you would improve this team please do let me know. I am open to ideas.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
I like that you are using scarftran with Zapdos.
I don't like that your team can be easily swept by Swords Dance Iron Valient(Especially three moves plus Swords Dance). A plus two spirit break nearly ohko's your Zapdos, that is at 100%. 84.3 - 99.4% is after a Swords Dance using Spirit Break on the Zapdos spread here. And a speed boosted Iron Valient will still out speed that powerful Heatran. Knock Off still ohko's your 252 defence EV's Slowking-Galar after a Swords Dance. I think replacing Gastrodon with Dondozo would give you more coverage against this threat. You can still have a ground type and get stealth rock up with your fast Great Tusk by replacing one move.
I think this would be a good Dondozo spread for this team to help with Iron Valient in general. Use Liquidation right away against Iron Valient to scout out Encore and wall that powerful sweeper.
Dondozo @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Protect
- Curse

Thank you for the feedback, I will consider improving my matchup against Iron Valiant. The main probelm I have with adding Dondozo is that it makes me much weaker to SpA attackers like Specs Dragapult and Walking Wake. Zapdos also becomes a bigger problem because there is nothing to really block volt switch because Great Tusk gets destroyed by Hurricane. Still thanks for letting me know of my weakness to Iron Valiant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)