Rejected Gen 8 Moveset Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for some context in May of 2020 there was a glitch with Pokemon GO --> Pokemon Home where some pokemons could get glitched moves for example Alolan-Ninetales with flamethrower , fire blast , will o wisp and fire spin (might have more moves i missed) and normally when playing online matches it would get flagged and the moves would get removed but i think in offline battles that doesnt happen so but Alolan-Ninetales doesnt have those moves so shouldn't it be changed to it having the move because in local battles it would still have those moves so shouldn't that be changed in gen 8 tiers (not in gen 9 because the move gets removed there).
1697676330907.png

and a screenshot i managed to find as proof that this could happen

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
It's not intentional from the developpers (as shown by the fact that BSS/VGC don't allow it) so there's no purpose in modifying the other smogon formats solely to include bugged moves like this or the Hydro Pump Drilbur that was once in SS raids.

A parallel would be how there's a bug in gen 1 and 2 to learn any move with arbitrary code execution, or how Ditto under some conditions can learn other moves than Transform in gen 4. Yet GSC/DPP formats do not reflect these bugs and most likely never will, so gen 8 will remain that way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)