Pet Mod [Gen 8] Double Trouble V2 - Slate 21: Discussion

1613446002215.png

Chandelure
Stats:
100(+40)/55/90/145/105(+15)/70(-10) BST: 520>565
Abilities: Levitate/Flash Fire/White Smoke (bold = new)
New Moves: Scorching Sands, Agility, Nasty Plot, Stored Power
Overview: This chandelure is an amazingly capable sweeper using calm mind, nasty plot and/or agility depending on the situation, while still being able to be a viable scarfer. The extra bulk helps it set up, Levitate removes it's ground weakness and white smoke can cancel stat drops from things like snarl or electroweb/icy wind, while flash fire can still be used. However, it has EXTREME 4 moveslot Syndrome, and loses hard to some other mons that were accepted into double trouble.

1613448083548.png

Stoutland New type: Fighting/Normal *(PS: if I mistook the instructions and this isn't allowed, it will simply be pure normal typed.)
Stats: 85/116(+6)/102(+12)/45/95(+5)/102(+22) BST: 500 > 545
Abilities: Reckless/Stalwart/Scrappy (Bold=new)
New Moves: Close Combat, Double Edge, Flare Blitz, Swords Dance
Overview: With a serviceable natural move pool, Stoutland can choose between setting up with swords dance or go the scarfer route like chandelure. It can use reckless to power up double edge, flare blitz and wind charge, scrappy to block intimidate and deal with ghost types or use stalwart to ignore redirection attempts. {It's fighting type gives it stab on cc and a resistance to dark, but it now also has to deal with a flying, fairy and psychic weakness}*. It's speed tier allows it to outspeed base 100s, but other than that, it's still outsped by a large portion of the meta, and since I took away sand rush, it can't boost it's speed. Moreover, It also suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome on some sets. losing Intimidate is also bad.

Another submission here for ya!
1613525368777.png

Dragalge
Stats:
65/90(+15)/100(+10)/102(+5)/133(+10)/55(+11) BST: 494 > 545
Abilities: Swift Swim
/Poison Touch/Adaptability
New Moves: Coil, Calm Mind, Poison Jab, Power Whip
Overview: Dragalge can now choose to go fast in rain teams or slow in trick room, as swift swim provides it with some much appreciated speed. It's great special bulk allows it to use coil effectively, And it's increased special attack helps in calm mind sets. It already has a great special movepool, so it's remaining moves are to hep with it's physical one. Kingdra is stall faster by a large amount, and it's water typing separates itself from dragalge, meaning it won't be that outclassed. Moving to cons, Giving up the adaptability boost for speed in rain is a noticeable tradeoff, which is why it will still be used a lot in trick room. Moreover, it's weak to ground, and it's health stat is still not that great. It wishes it had gunk shot, and also has 4mss.

Last edited:
:frosmoth:
Pokemon: Frosmoth
Stats: 70/65/80 (+20)/125/90/105 (+40) Overall: 535 (+60)
New Moves:
Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Thunder Wave
New Ability: Sheer Force
Overview: Disappointingly, Frosmoth suffers from having a lackluster speed stat. So buffing its speed is definitely the main priority for it with its defense also being raised to a more reasonable level. In addition to its Ice Scales and Shield Dust abilities, Frosmoth gains Sheer Force for further offensive firepower that goes well with Earth Power or Thunderbolt for Incineroar and Tapu Fini, respectively.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:bw/metagross:
Pokemon: Metagross
Stats: 80 | 135 | 130 | 95 | 90 | 70 (600)
New Moves: Shift Gear, Close Combat
New Ability: Clear Body | Filter | Light Metal (HA)
Overview: Metagross' primary set up option is Agility. With Shift Gear it boosts its Attack as well and with the coverage of Close Combat, it can become a serious threat. Filter helps with easier set up and with further support from Follow Me/Rage Powder, you can stack those Shift Gear can sweep your opponents team.

:swsh/gardevoir:
Pokémon: Gardevoir
Stats: 68 / 65 / 75 (+10) / 130 (+5) / 120 (+5) / 95 (+15) (553 BST)
New Moves: Geomancy, Ice Beam
New Abilities: Psychic Surge / Trace / Telepathy
Overview: Gardevoir is an amazing Pokémon, but suffers from a few things that hold it back. It has a mediocre speed stat, mediocre bulk, only one decent ability (Trace) and very little good set-up moves outside of Calm Mind. But, by giving it an amazing set-up move (Geomancy), BoltBeam coverage, better bulk, a very better ability, a small boost in Speical Attack,and a higher speed stat, Gardevoir can wreck your team if it is not handled. And with the help of a Follow Me Pokémon or a Rage Powder Pokémon, this thing will demolish an entire team in seconds, no joke.

If there is something wrong with this sub, let me know, please!

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:dp/aerodactyl:
Pokemon: Aerodactyl
Stats: 80/110/80/50/80/130 (+5 atk, +15 def, -10 spatk, +5 spdef)
New Moves: None
New Ability: Pressure/Rock Head/(Sheer Force)
Overview: Uses Hone Claws into Sheer Force Rock Slide to deal heavy damage to both opponents. It can also use Earthquake if paired with a ground immune pokemon. With its high bulk and speed, the only support it would need would be screens so pretty easy to slap on teams.

:ss/Volcarona:
Pokemon: Volcarona
Type: Fire/Dragon
Stats: Swap spdef with def
New Moves: Dragon Pulse
New Ability: Levitate
Overview: If u reduce Volcaronas wings to four and flip it over it kindaish kinda ishy looks like a dragon fly. Dragon typing for dpulse stab and a better way to hit fire types and a better defensive typing. Swapping defenses because dragonflies are scalier and stronger in def. QD plus heatwave + hitting most pokemon at least neautrally is preety strong. Levitate because dragonflies can fly and volc is too heavy to go that high. And because of ground moves. Even with new typing tho it makes it susceptible to special fairy types and special types in general. Still struggles with rock slide tho. Maybe just a little OP but that can be adjusted.

Magmajudis

Title pending
And voting's closed!

Congrats to Mossy Sandwich for winning with Aerodactyl...
:dp/aerodactyl:
Pokemon: Aerodactyl
Stats: 80/110/80/50/80/130 (+5 atk, +15 def, -10 spatk, +5 spdef)
New Moves: None
New Ability: Pressure/Rock Head/(Sheer Force)
Overview: Uses Hone Claws into Sheer Force Rock Slide to deal heavy damage to both opponents. It can also use Earthquake if paired with a ground immune pokemon. With its high bulk and speed, the only support it would need would be screens so pretty easy to slap on teams.
And to ViZar for winning with Metagross!
:bw/metagross:
Pokemon: Metagross
Stats: 80 | 135 | 130 | 95 | 90 | 70 (600)
New Moves: Shift Gear, Close Combat
New Ability: Clear Body | Filter | Light Metal (HA)
Overview: Metagross' primary set up option is Agility. With Shift Gear it boosts its Attack as well and with the coverage of Close Combat, it can become a serious threat. Filter helps with easier set up and with further support from Follow Me/Rage Powder, you can stack those Shift Gear can sweep your opponents team.

Now i'd like us to do a discussion slate (which is something new for the mod)! Feel free to discuss potential sets, teammates, or anything you want to say about the winners!

1. Imo, a number of things need to be nerfed. These include: Meltan and Mawile (How were these allowed), Vileplume, Pyukumuku, Togedemaru, Hitmontop (Those last 2 had a more than 100 bst increase, which according to the rules, is not allowed), Stunfisk, Golurk (Remove Slack Off), Gastrodon (Decrease the stats a bit), Ninetales (Remove Volt Switch), Ninetales-Alola (Keep only 1 of refrigerate and pixilate, reduce the minmaxed stats [-10 in spa, +10 in atk?]) Gallade (Remove Parting Shot), Goodra (Don’t give this nasty plot PLEASE), Drampa (Remove the Spa increase), Blastoise (Balance it’s stats more, less defenses and more Spa), Dhelmise (Remove Trick Room from it’s movepool) and vikavolt (145 rising voltages? Once your ground type dies, you die too. At least remove voltage from it’s move, or remove electric surge as an ability.)
2. Set a MAX number of new moves allowed, or at least a max number of notable moves.

Vileplume, Pyukumuku, Togedemaru, Hitmontop (Those last 2 had a more than 100 bst increase, which according to the rules, is not allowed)
Those were done at V1, where the restriction is looser by having their stats not being above 600 above. Although it seems that Arcanine may have exceeded that.

Golurk (Remove Slack Off)
I don't see the problem here.

Gastrodon (Decrease the stats a bit)
Rillaboom.

Gallade (Remove Parting Shot)
Ninetales (Remove Volt Switch)
Alright, I'm going to address my parts. For Gallade, I thought I didn't give it enough movepool buff (both Sacred Sword and Meteor Mash are for flavor), so I added Parting Shot to it. For Ninetales, back then I thought Ninetales isn't going to relevant without any buff, and then it actually did in Gen 8 regular DOU, so I think I might have overstated a bit too much. Still, it seems like Ninetales is back to UR in DOU so I think I might need to test the waters on those first.

Goodra (Don’t give this nasty plot PLEASE)
I don't see the problem with-

:Goodra:
Pokemon: Goodra
Stats: 110 (+20) / 60 (-40) / 70 / 150 (+40) / 150 / 60 (-20) (BST: 600)
New ability: Thick Fat
Now I can see that. Still, it would have been a pick a poison situation where if we nerf it too much, it would ended up just as irrelevant as it is in DOU.

Also agreeing on the Pyukumuku solely because of its high HP buff seems to have made it much more dangerous with Innards Out, which discourages Pokemon to OHKO it.

Furthermore, I think the winning submission for Slate 2 were very unimpressive, to say the least.
:sm/delibird:
Pokemon: Delibird
Stats: 65 (+20) / 80 (+30) / 75 (+30) / 65 / 75 (+30) / 100 (+25) = 465 BST
New Moves: U-Turn, Drain Punch
New Ability: Vital Spirit / Hustle / Rattled
Overview: Delibird basically acts as a different kind of Braviary, being able to abuse Dynamax with Drain Punch and STAB Brave Bird in the same way Braviary does while also being able to set up Hail with Ice Punch or Ice Shard. Compared to Braviary, Delibird has higher Speed, slightly higher power due to Hustle, Ice STAB, and Fake Out, but worse bulk, a worse weakness to Rock Slide and is more prone to being Intimidated.
Even with taking Dynamax into account, the buffs done to Delibird were largely irrelevant which is further made worse with Dynamax being banned. That said, I don't think it's possible to turn a Pokemon with a terrible type combination and low overall stats into something outstanding.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Ok, it's time to begin a new slate...

:mawile:Balancing slate!:meltan:
You can nerf any of the previous winners or buff them, but your submission may be not considered if it removes any niche from the Pokemon. You can also buff any underwhelming ones. Any submission who bypass the +100 BST limit but was made in V1 is allowed to continue bypassing it (but you won't be able to buff it's stats even further)

:vileplume:
Pokemon: Vileplume
Stats: 110 (+40) / 80 / 105 (+10) / 110 / 105 (+15) / 50 (BST 555)
Not too sure what’s wrong with this one, but I have never played the meta so —
Anyway lowered its defenses significantly, should be killable.

:ninetales-alola:
Pokemon: Alolan Ninetales
New Ability: Refrigerate, Pixilate
Nerfed Special Attack and increased Attack, also removed the -age abilities. I guess Aurora Veil is good enough already.
Edit: stats will remain unchanged. It should still be pretty strong now.

New moves: Heat Wave, Wish, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot
Gooey should be enough for it. Nerfed Defense quite a bit to make it more easily killable, brought speed back up to previously to compensate and removed setup options. It’s now a brute force, spammable mon.
Edit: Stats and ability will remain unchanged.

:drampa:
Pokemon: Drampa
Stats: 100 (+22) / 70 (+5) / 90 (+5) / 135 / 100 (+9) / 25 (-11) (BST: 515)
Lowered the minmaxing. Berserk with still good bulk and decent Special Attack, it should still be decent. Not too sure what was the issue with Drampa that caused it to be in PU originally, so not sure i really ought to be raising its speed instead.

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
:vileplume:
Pokemon: Vileplume
Stats: 110 (+40) / 80 / 105 (+10) / 110 / 105 (+15) / 50 (BST 555)
Not too sure what’s wrong with this one, but I have never played the meta so —
Anyway lowered its defenses significantly, should be killable.

:ninetales-alola:
Pokemon: Alolan Ninetales
Stats: 75 (+2) / 70 (+3) / 80 (+5) / 100 (+19) / 80 (-20) / 120 (+11) (BST: 515)
New Ability: Refrigerate, Pixilate
Nerfed Special Attack and increased Attack, also removed the -age abilities. I guess Aurora Veil is good enough already.

Stats: 110 (+20) / 60 (-40) / 50 (-20) / 150 (+40) / 150 / 80 (-20) (BST: 600)
New ability: Thick Fat
New moves: Heat Wave, Wish, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot
Gooey should be enough for it. Nerfed Defense quite a bit to make it more easily killable, brought speed back up to previously to compensate and removed setup options. It’s now a brute force, spammable mon.

:drampa:
Pokemon: Drampa
Stats: 100 (+22) / 70 (+5) / 90 (+5) / 135 / 100 (+9) / 25 (-11) (BST: 515)
Lowered the minmaxing. Berserk with still good bulk and decent Special Attack, it should still be decent. Not too sure what was the issue with Drampa that caused it to be in PU originally, so not sure i really ought to be raising its speed instead.
I think that Alolan Ninetales can stay as it is, and Goodra can keep it's stats/ability without Calm Mind and Nasty Plot

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Here is my take on the Pokémons that need some changes. I'll only talk about the elefants in the room. Nobody cares about the mice (don't ask me).

:ss/arcanine:
Arcanine is fine. It is a better teamplayer now and give Incineroar some tough competition. The only thing I would do is remove 5 points from any stat to make it a 600 BST mon.
Changes:
New Spread: 90 / 110 / 105 (-5) / 100 / 95 / 95 = 600 BST

:ss/delibird:
Delibird is really weak, but it was meant to be a dynamax abuser. However, when that is gone, it gets nothing, it looses, good day sir. I honestly don't now how to fix it properly but I think boosting stats is the right way to go. Maybe a few new moves like Hurricane, Air Slash and Icicle Crash would be great.
Changes:
New Spread: 75 (+10) / 95 (+15) / 75 / 90 (+25) / 75 / 100 = 515 BST
New Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash, Icicle Crash

:ss/vileplume:
This was allowed? Man. This thing needs a nerf and I think removing 10-15 points from HP, Def and SpD would be great place to start. Also, I would remove Spore, because it doesn't make sense. Spore is exclusive to Mushroom Pokémon, because of its japanese name. Rage Powder can stay, but I think removing Spore and reducing stats is the right way to go.
Changes:
New Spread: 100 (-10) / 80 / 105 (-10) / 110 / 110 (-10) / 50 = 565 BST or 95 (-15) / 80 / 100 (-15) / 110 / 105 (-15) / 50 = 550 BST
Removed Moves: Spore

:ss/togedemaru:
This thing is bulky af. Not only that, but it's really strong and decently fast. I would remove the added and go with it. There isn't much to say here.
Changes:
New Spread: 65 (-40) / 135 / 113 / 40 / 93 / 96 = 545 BST

:ss/hitmontop:
Hitmontop is somehow worse then Vileplume. Intimidate, Fake Out, Recovery, Utility and very good stats? Wow, this is much. I would reduce the HP stat, since I think that the added moves makes sense and the other stats didn't get a big boost in them.
Changes:
New Spread: 80 (-50) / 120 / 105 / 35 / 110 / 70 = 545 BST

:ss/stunfisk:
Never thought this mon was gonna be a big deal. I would simply reduce its SpD stat by a bit. Not much, since it's still Stunfisk.
Changes:
New Spread: 139 / 66 / 84 / 101 / 109 (-30) / 32 = 531 BST

:ss/jolteon:
We don't need a broken Koko. Remove it's ability and the Ice moves, because they make no sense whatsoever. I would give it Lighting Rod instead, because it can still provide some team utility, while not being a nightmare to face.
Changes:
New Ability: Lightning Rod instead of Electric Surge
Removed Moves: Ice Beam, Blizzard

:ss/golurk:
I like Golurk, but this is too much. Like some other changes here, I would remove some of its HP and get rid of Spirit Shackle. How does it make sense? I'm not so sure on Intimidate though. Some part of me wants it gone, the other thinks it's fine. I would leave it.
Changes:
New Spread: 119 (-30) / 134 / 90 / 55 / 80 / 55 = 533 BST
Removed Moves: Spirit Shackle

:ss/gastrodon:
The stats are fine, but the thing that bothers me here is the coverage it gets. Power Gem is fine, but how are Fire Blast and Flamethrower justified? I would just get rid of those and leave the rest. I don't want to loose to it, because it kills my Rillaboom.
Changes:
Removed Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast

:ss/meltan:
Why are you the way that you are? I hate so much of the things that you choose to be.

:ss/ninetales-alola:
Alolan-Ninetales would still be a good Pokémon, but the changes that were made are too much. I would give it its Atk stat back while reducing SpA. Also, let's get rid of Earth Power and Energy Ball. Energy Ball not only doesn't make, but it's really useless and Earth Power just give it a counter to its checks.
Changes:
New Spread: 75 / 67 (+22) / 80 / 98 (-22) / 80 / 120 = 520 BST
New Moves: Earth Power, Energy Ball

:ss/goodra:
I would remove the set up options. Nasty Plot and Calm Mind make its combination of type, abilitiy and stats make it difficult to deal with. Also I would decrease some of its SpA.
Changes:
New Spread: 110 / 80 (+20) / 70 / 130 (-20) / 150 / 60 = 600 BST

:ss/drampa:
To be honest, it's mostly fine, but in Trick Room it's a nightmare. I would give it its Atk stat back, while reduing its HP and SpA by a bit each.
Changes:
New Spread: 95 (-5) / 65 (+15) / 90 / 145 (-10) / 100 / 25 = 515 BST

:ss/blastoise:
I would give this one, its reduced stats back, but not everything. Blastoise still has a BST of 530, so I wouldn't reduce its bulk by much.
Changes:
New Spread: 85 (-5) / 75 (+15) / 115 (-10) / 75 (+10) / 115 (-10) / 80 = 530 BST

:ss/araquanid:
Removing Trick Room and Helping Hand. Those doesn't make sense and it doesn't really need it. I would rather buff its attacking stats.
Changes:
New Spread: 68 / 95 (+15) / 92 / 95 (+15) / 132 / 42 = 524 BST
New Moves: Trick Room, Helping Hand

:ss/snorlax:
Remove Poison Heal. That's it. As compensate, I would give it Slack Off. I know its role is to be a set up sweeper and Slack Off isn't a good replacement in that regard, but Poison Heal breaks this thing and not in a good way.
Changes:
Removed Ability: Poison Heal
New Moves: Slack Off

That's all folks. Thanks for reading.

Magmajudis

Title pending
Ok, i meant to do that much earlier, but voting has started! Given the nature of the slate, i'll ask you to say "yes" or "no" to all submissions. If a specific mon got multiple submissions, only mention your favorite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)