Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, good news boys and girls, lots of updates going on! We'll be posting our first slate very shortly, we're in the process of updating a lot CFM Factory sets, and I'm pleased to announce that development is underway into a CFM-ready bot by the name of Leon Botsky. Should hopefully be ready by next weekend!

ok
when is this pet mod gonna be active?only one guy other than me commented, and it was bcoz of grammar

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Greedent, Thievul and Alcremie will be the subjects of slate number one!

Have a template while you're at it

Pokémon:
Stats(changes highlighted in bold):
Abilities(changes highlighted in bold):
Move/Ability tweaks:
Target Tier (Pick one from OU through PU, regardless of choice try to keep it unique and dont arbitrarily boost it to OU/UU level!):
How this makes it more interesting
:

Pokémon: Greedent
Stats(changes highlighted in bold): 120, 100, 100, 50, 75, 20
Abilities: Cheek Pouch, Gluttony, Strong Jaw
Move/Ability tweaks
: +Recycle, +Poison Fang
Target Tier: OU
How this makes it more interesting: Strong Jaw offers more choice for offensive sets. Recycle makes it so you can use your berry multiple times. Poison Fang gives it a way to deal with Fairy Types that aren't weak to Gyro Ball (namely Primarina and Tapu Lele) without having to rely on Belch.

Pokémon: Alcremie
Stats(changes highlighted in bold): 70 (+5) / 60 / 75 / 110 / 121 / 64 BST: 500
Abilities(changes highlighted in bold): Sweet Veil, Aroma Veil, +Sticky Hold
Move/Ability tweaks
: +Trick Room, Z-Decorate: Boosts both of the user's attacking stats by 2 stages as well
Target Tier: NU
How this makes it more interesting: Unfortunately there are only so many of this type of specially bulky fairy in the game while all of them are interesting. Since UU already has Sylveon and Florges and RU has Aromatisse, this will just be NU's version with a bit of new flavor. Acid Armor + Calm Mind alongside Draining Kiss and Stored Power is pretty much the only cool and interesting thing it does in singles. Decorate is a really cool signature move, but it only has a use in doubles. This new Z-effect gives it a use in singles and a potential buff in doubles. Trick Room, despite making it more like a budget Aromatisse, fills out its arsenal of room moves alongside Wonder Room and Magic Room (it already has both), allows it to cash in on its supportive role in doubles, and also give offensive sets some life in the offensive CFNU tier despite its subpar physical bulk. Sticky Hold is kinda just there because I couldn't think of a better third ability and Alcremie looks kinda sticky lol.

Yes it is!
Cool! i will do my own subs.
:ss/greedent:
Greedent
Normal-Poison
Cheek pouch, Adaptability, Gluttony
+Gunk shot, +Cotton guard, +Retaliate
120-115-95-55-95-20
BST:480
NU
:ss/alcremie:

Alcremie
Fairy
Sweet veil, Pastel veil, Aroma veil
+Moonblast, +Scald
65-60-75-110-121-104
BST:515
UU maybe?
:ss/thievul:
Thievul

Dark-Ghost
Technician, Unburden, Stakeout
+Calm mind
70-58-58-127-92-90
BST:495
RU

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Thievul
Stats: 70 / 58 / 58 / 97 (+10) / 102 (+10) / 90 (475 BST)
Abilities: Run Away, Pickpocket, Stakeout
Move/Ability tweaks: +Sludge Bomb
Target Tier: PU
How this makes it more interesting: Unburden sweepers are braindead and lame so how about something that actually fits a thief that prefers holding things. Now it's all about that Stakeout action with it being surprisingly bulky to boot contrary to other more minmaxed special attackers. Anything that's not a specially invested Fighting type like Throh, Machoke or Gurdurr will not have fun switching in.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Stats(changes highlighted in bold): 80/58/78/117/92/110
Abilities
: Pickpocket/Unburden/Stakeout
Move/Ability tweaks: +Focus Blast, +Power Gem, +Pickpocket, -Run Away,
Target Tier: UU
How this makes it more interesting: A thief can use some of his trinkets he stolen, so Power Gem can help take care of Flying-types real well, and Focus Blast because yes. No Run Away, but Pickpocket can eat an opponent's item if you get lucky. The higher stats and bulk make it have an attempt to survive a hit so that it can use Nasty Plot without hanging on a thread before attacking, and the higher speed also lets it use U-Turn a bit more effectively.

Pokémon: Greedent
Stats(changes highlighted in bold): 120/95/95/55/75/20 (BST: 460) | no change
Abilities(changes highlighted in bold): Cheek Pouch / Thick Fat
Move/Ability tweaks
: +Sucker Punch, U-turn
Target Tier: RU
How this makes it more interesting
: Sucker Punch fits it flavor-wise because Greedent always does surprise attacks on trainers wanting to get berries. Belly Drum + Sucker Punch makes Greedent a threatening sweeper. It has much better bulk than Linoone and it has Cheek Pouch, so it has an easier time setting up. Unlike Linoone though, Sucker Punch does not have STAB and its speed is much lower. Will-O-Wisp could prevent it from using Sucker Punch, but it will power up Greedent's STAB Facade. Thick Fat and U-turn allow Greedent to run an alternative pivot or Choice Band set.

Last edited:
Greedent
HP:120, Atk: 100, Def:100, SpAtk: 30, SpDef: 90, Spe:20 BST:460
Stuffed Cheeks/Strong Jaw/Gluttony
Move/Ability tweaks: Hyper Fang, Poison Fang, Protect, Knock Off, Recycle, Natural Gift, Body Press, Sucker Punch
Target Tier is RU/NU if too underpowered
How this makes it more interesting: This new Greedent would function as a form of fusion between Diggersby and Snorlax, being able to be built for a more defensive role or if needed, an offensive one. It is less bulky HP-wise and Spdef-wise than Snorlax, but with a 100 base Defense, it can be used as a stand-in for Snorlax in teams that need a more physically defensive tank Pokemon. It can also go on the offensive, albeit it does not outdo Snorlax outright unless paired with its new ability, Strong Jaw. Strong Jaw enables Greedent to take on a more aggressive role, and with it being physically bulky, it is perfectly suited for the plethra of fighting types RU and NU have to offer, making a pokemon that could potentially fit well into more traditional RU teams.

Last edited:
All, right, might as well give it a go myself.

Stats: no change
Abilities: Cheek Pouch / Pickup / Gluttony
New moves: Frustration & Return, Hammer Arm, Bestow, Natural Gift, Double Slap, Recycle, Secret Power, Assist, Hyper Fang
Move/ability tweaks:
Pickup: if the user or its ally have used a berry and the user has no item, has a 50% chance to pick up another of that berry
Stuff Cheeks: restores 25% HP after each consumption of a berry
Target tier: PU/NU
Reasoning: Greedent is already an underused gem in PU, so I didn't want to make it that much more powerful. It is, however, rather flawed, as it is a monster with Cheek Pouch and a great move in Stuff Cheeks but no Recycle. In addition to giving it Recycle, I also thought it would be fun to buff Pickup, turning that into a Harvest clone! This would pair nicely with a new Stuff Cheeks that restores HP, meaning it can eat whatever berry it likes whenever it likes every turn while recovering HP. I also gave it a more suitable Fighting move than Superpower, since it doesn't care about Speed, some Fairy coverage in Double Slap, a berry abusing move in Natural Gift, as well as some stronger STAB moves, some flavour moves, and some meme moves that were all deleted this gen. Overall, more options, "brand new" ability, and more fun!

Stats: 70 / 54 / 60 / 90 / 90 / 96 (BST: 460)
Abilities: Keen Eye / Pickpocket / Stakeout
New moves: Switcheroo, Sludge Bomb, Me First, Snatch, Psych Up, Hypnosis, U-Turn
Move/ability tweaks:
Pickpocket: the user will try to steal the target's item every time it uses a contact move. If the user already has an item, berries will be taken and consumed while regular items will be discarded.
Target tier: PU
Reasoning: As others have pointed out, Thievul is a poor man's Liepard. To try and differentiate it, I've removed its extremely derivate Nasty Plot Unburden option, and tried to make it its own thing! It has a nicer stat spread that makes it slightly faster than the 95 Speed tier. It has two new abilities in a much revamped Pickpocket to terrorise its item-holding opponents, pairing nicely with U-Turn. It can also run Keen Eye which goes very well with its new move in Hypnosis. I also gave it some more fitting moves, reminiscent of stealing, in Switcheroo, Me First, Snatch, and Psych Up, with additional coverage in Sludge Bomb. It's no Liepard, but it can troll just as hard!

Stats: 65 / 60 / 75 / 110 / 121 / 69 (BST: 500)
Abilities: Aroma Veil / Sticky Hold / Sweet Veil
New Moves: Hidden Power, Crafty Shield (Protect-like move in CFM - attacking it Taunts the attacker), Synchronoise (hits SE if user and target share a type)
Move/ability tweaks:
Decorate: same effect as always if used on an ally. If used on an opponent, the user coats the target with sweets and creamy swirls. This changes the target's type to pure Fairy and lowers their Speed by one stage.
Target tier: NU/RU?
Reasoning: well, as others have pointed out, there's not too much you can do with this thing that isn't done by other Fairies! To make it interesting though, I've revamped its signature move in Decorate to go well with Synchronoise, a move that lets it hit other Fairies for super-effective damage (giving it something of an advantage), and create a whole new move akin to a Fairy-type Soak. Crafty Shield also gives it some utility, and Hidden Power gives it coverage: both make it more versatile and useful. I gave it Sticky Hold because I couldn't think of anything else :P

Last edited:

Stats(changes highlighted in bold): 70/93/88/87/92/65
Abilities(changes highlighted in bold): Unchanged
Move/Ability tweaks: +Fling, +Swords Dance
Target Tier: RU
How this makes it more interesting: I've always wanted a gimmcky slow Fling Dark type with Unburden. Well, here it is. Use Fling with max Speed to reach 502, almost as fast as Swampert with Swift Swim. Oh, and did I mention it's 130 BP + STAB? Coming off of 93 Atk, it's gonna hurt. This is just a worse Hawlucha, and far more gimmicky, and gets shut down by Knock Off/Trick, thus RU is the tier I see this falling into.

Thanks to all for your submissions, we will now enter the Voting Phase! Please pick your favourite submission so far before Tuesday, 18th August.

While voting, we also encourage you to suggest elements that you would do a little differently in your choice, or ideas that you also liked from other submissions - all will be taken into consideration!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)