Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Appletun
Base Stats: 110 / 85 / 85 (+5) / 105 (+5) / 85 ( + 5) / 30 BST: 500 (+15)
Abilities: Ripen / Liquid Ooze / Thick Fat
Movepool: +Hidden Power, +Return, + Frustration, +Sweet Scent, -Hyper Beam, -Giga Impact
Apple Acid: 70 Base Power, 100% accuracy, super effect against Steel
Reasoning: slight increase to base stats because its just a tad weak and frail for a defense or tank role. Standard move changes for gen 8s and sweet scent is just because it has sweet nectar that attracts bugs, even though it has no competitive value. Liquid Ooze replaces Gluttony because two berry based abilities is stupid and it has a ton of nectar. Apple Acid is a grass type version of CFM Acid which makes for a cool signature and a special move to hit steels without giving it Flamethrower or some shit for no reason.

Flapple:
Base Stats: 70 / 110 / 80 / 100 (+5) / 65 (+5) / 75 (+5) BSt: 500 (+15)
Abilities: Ripen / Liquid Ooze / Hustle
Movepool: +Aerial Ace, +Rock Smash, +Hidden Power, + Return, + Frustration, +Sweet Scent, -Hyper Beam, -Giga Impact
Grav Apple: 80 BP, 100% accuracy, never misses against grounded opponents, 1.5x damage during gravity
Reasoning: Little stat buffs to enable its mixed wallbreaking potential, speed, and atrocious special bulk a little bit. Liquid Ooze for the same reason as Appletun. Aerial Ace is added because it doesn't have it despite having a ton of flying moves, and Rock Smash for a shit physical move to hit steel types that could be fun with the fact we have Z-Moves. Other move changes are for the same reasons as Appletun, although Sweet Scent just maybe has some meme value to bypass Hustle's accuracy drop. Grav Apple synergizes very well with Hustle and also stays true to the idea of what the move is, an apple falling from the sky. The boosted damage in gravity combined with never missing against grounded opponents makes Flapple + Gravity teams a potentially deadly gimmick.

Edit: If you vote for me I will happily take up the idea Dramps had for Ripen boosting Leftovers

Last edited:
All right, boys and girls, time for some voting!

As always, please vote for your three favourites in ranked order - and you can't vote for yourself in first place!

Let's have a week for voting - and then tournament time?

Mega Sceptile: thechurchofcage, Yung Dramps, Bitbitio
Appletun: Yung Dramps, Myself, Binary_Star
Flapple: woworiginal, Myself, Yung Dramps

Mega Sceptile: thechurchofcage, Yung Dramps, BitBitio
Appletun: Yung Dramps, Myself, LorisMasta17
Flapple: Yung Dramps, LorisMasta17, woworiginal

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Mega Sceptile: thechurchofcage, Yung Dramps, BitBitio
Appletun: LorisMasta17, Yung Dramps, Binary_Star
Flapple: LorisMasta17, Yung Dramps, woworiginal

And we have results!

Mega Sceptile
Typing:
Grass/Dragon
Stats: 70 / 115 (+5) / 75 / 135 (-10) / 85 / 150 (+5) (BST: 630)
Abilities: Solar Power (CFM effect: boosts the higher offensive stat; user only takes damage if they actually attack using the higher stat)
Moves: +Leafage (CFM: +1 Priority), Growth, Psycho Cut, Cross Chop, -Grassy Glide
Rationale: I've always found Mega Sceptile to be a rather underwhelming offensive mon due to its combination of poor bulk, lack of power on the physical side and lack of boosting moves on the special side. However, that now changes with Solar Power Sceptile! I have to be honest and say this is a slightly arbitrary choice. Its dex entries are much more suggestive of Tough Claws, but such an ability would be useless for special mons. Since Solar Power can boost either Atk or Sp. Atk in CFM, that seemed to be the best ability to make it hit hard on both sides of the spectrum. With its decent and slightly better movepool (still has Hidden Power Fire), boosting option in Growth and speed bump, this thing looks to be a serious offensive behemoth in the sunlight! Given that it might be absolutely unstoppable in terrain with Grassy Glide, I thought I'd better remove that.

Pokémon: Appletun
Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 110 / 85 / 85 (+5) / 100 / 85 (+5) / 30 (495 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Ripen, Gooey, Thick Fat
Moves: +Acid, Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Leaf Storm
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Ripen buff shown up above
How this makes it more interesting: Again, more options. Gooey is a corresponding flavor change referencing its gooey nectar mentioned in dex entries

Base Stats: 70 / 110 / 80 / 100 (+5) / 65 (+5) / 75 (+5) BSt: 500 (+15)
Abilities: Ripen / Liquid Ooze / Hustle
Movepool: +Aerial Ace, +Rock Smash, +Hidden Power, + Return, + Frustration, +Sweet Scent, -Hyper Beam, -Giga Impact
Grav Apple: 80 BP, 100% accuracy, never misses against grounded opponents, 1.5x damage during gravity
Reasoning: Little stat buffs to enable its mixed wallbreaking potential, speed, and atrocious special bulk a little bit. Liquid Ooze for the same reason as Appletun. Aerial Ace is added because it doesn't have it despite having a ton of flying moves, and Rock Smash for a shit physical move to hit steel types that could be fun with the fact we have Z-Moves. Other move changes are for the same reasons as Appletun, although Sweet Scent just maybe has some meme value to bypass Hustle's accuracy drop. Grav Apple synergizes very well with Hustle and also stays true to the idea of what the move is, an apple falling from the sky. The boosted damage in gravity combined with never missing against grounded opponents makes Flapple + Gravity teams a potentially deadly gimmick. /SPOILER]

One suggestion was Rapidash - both Galarian and Kantonian. They've had some indirect buffs but nothing that special. Hell, we can throw Zebstrika in as well to make it a """horse""" slate.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
One suggestion was Rapidash - both Galarian and Kantonian. They've had some indirect buffs but nothing that special. Hell, we can throw Zebstrika in as well to make it a """horse""" slate.
We already buffed the zebra a good deal tho and last I checked its good in its tier. Glastrier perhaps?

We already buffed the zebra a good deal tho and last I checked its good in its tier. Glastrier perhaps?
I think Glastrier was already re-adjusted along with Spectrier. Still, it might use some help (perhaps a bit more Speed...)

Other stuff from Gen 8 that hasn't been touched yet are Centiskorch, the Indeedees, Copperajah, Toxtricity and Morpeko. Maybe one of those, even though they're not "horse-y" at all?

Oh, yeah, I forgot I'd already buffed the Zebra. God, I'm dumb. Well, how about Mudsdale? I need to re-do that one - Ground/Fighting was a dumb idea.

I'm a little sick of "all Gen 8" slates as well, tbh.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hmm... that's a good point. Dragapult is already damn good though, and it's OU to death. What would we change about it?
Funnily enough Dragapult in National Dex is actually Ubers thanks to very cool and well-thought-out mechanic Z-moves allowing it to basically circumvent its one big weakness via Z-Phantom Force. Since those are around maybe we can make some kind of change to keep it in OU like removing Phantom Force period?

Phantom Force is weaker here at only 75BP, since it's no longer a charge move. That makes it a 140BP Z Move, weaker by 40BP - does that make much of a difference? Removing its physical Ghost STAB seems a bit strange either way, tbh

It's been too long! Time for another slate!

1617404335338.png

Rapidash
Target BST: 500-520
Target tier: ZU-NU

There's not much that's particular wrong with this fiery unicorn - but as a result, it's been very neglected in CFM. It's had a few indirect buffs, such as Wild Charge having a paralysis change and High Horsepower hitting flying types, but no proper CFM love. I think its stats are OK for lower tiers, and there's where we should keep it. A little something to make it more interesting is what it needs!

1617405447260.png

Mr. Rime
Target BST: 520-530
Target tier: ZU-UU, idk

Ah, yes, the creepy evolved form of the Galarian variant of nobody's favourite mon! Despite having a unique ability, good BST and movepool, this old geezer is stuck way down in the nether tiers. Perhaps its typing makes it unsalvageable, but perhaps we can work some CFM magic to make it more fun and competitive.

1617405929990.png

Dragapult
Target BST: 600
Target tier: Uber

Rounding off our totally logical trio is Dragapult. This is a mon too dangerous for NatDex OU thanks to its access to Z Moves, and I don't see why that should be different in CFM OU. What's more, it benefits from passive levitation and access to a physical Ghost STAB (other than Astonish) that doesn't need to charge (CFM Phantom Force: 75BP, no charge; goes through Substitute). However, CFM Ubers is a whole other ballpark and this thing could definitely do with some buffs to make it a compelling option!
It's good to be slating again! Please make your submissions using the following template:
Pokémon:
Typing:
Stats (changes highlighted in bold)
:
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold):
Moves:
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities
:
How this makes it more interesting:

We'll be taking submissions until next weekend!

:ss/dragapult:
Pokémon: Dragapult
Typing: Dragon/Ghost
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 70 (-18) / 130 (+10) / 65 (-10) / 110 (+10) / 65 (-10) / 160 (+18)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Infiltrator, Clear Body, Liquid Ooze
Moves:
Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Flip Turn, Explosion, Shadow Claw, Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Liquid Ooze - This pokemon gains the water type. This ability will change the ability of pokemon that come in contact to Liquid Ooze.
How this makes it more interesting: If Dragapult is gonna be an Uber, may as well go all the way with it. STAB Liquidation hits like a truck, and Z-Explosion can take out most mons that Dragapult needs help with.
:ss/mr-rime:
Pokémon: Mr. Rime Pantifrost
Typing: Ice/Psychic
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 80 / 70 (-15) / 85 (+10) / 110 / 100 / 75 (+5)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Own Tempo, Ice Body, Screen Cleaner
Moves: None
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Psyshock - 90 BP
How this makes it more interesting: IDK, but can we please name it Pantifrost in the Randbats? If you can make Entei Hentei...

Last edited:
Also, apologies for not being more active and for not getting around to a tournament already! It's been a little quiet on the server and Cancer Fairy's job is insanely busy. But do join the Discord server to keep up with what's happening, and contribute your ideas and feedback outside of slates!
:ss/dragapult:
Typing: Dragon/Ghost
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 70 (-18) / 130 (+10) / 65 (-10) / 110 (+10) / 65 (-10) / 160 (+18)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Infiltrator, Clear Body, Damp
Moves:
Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Flip Turn, Explosion, Shadow Claw
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Damp - This pokemon gains the water type, this pokemon gets additional 1.5x STAB as well as takes double damage from grass and electric, but half from steel, fire, water and ice moves.
How this makes it more interesting: If Dragapult is gonna be an Uber, may as well go all the way with it. STAB Liquidation hits like a truck, and Z-Explosion can take out most mons that Dragapult needs help with.
I hate to be a buzzkill, but Damp's already been buffed in CFM! It's unique to Parasect and lets it resist Fire-type attacks. Also, can I ask why the Water theme??

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Mr. Rime
Typing:
/

Stats: 80 / 75 (-10) / 75 / 115 (+5) / 90 (-10) / 100 (+30) (535 BST)
Abilities: Tangled Feet, Filter, Screen Cleaner
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities:
Screen Cleaner: Only clears screens on the foe's side
How this makes it more interesting: Mr. Rime is already so close to being good, it just needed some very minor additions, in particular an actually good speed tier. Now it can actually properly flex its badass movepool, in particular as a really dope asset to Screens teams or teams weak to Screens.

Typing:
/

Stats: 88 / 110 (-10) / 75 / 110 (+10) / 75 / 142 (600 BST)
Abilities: Compound Eyes, Infiltrator, Parental Bond
Moves:
+Focus Blast, Poltergeist
Dragon Darts: Physical or Special depending on higher attack stat
How this makes it more interesting: The additions are all based around enhancing its dreepy-launching flavor. While normally given to bug-like mons, Compound Eyes in this case is not only a reflection of the razor-accurate stealth bomber inspiration, but also of how its Dreepies can scope out foes with greater accuracy. Meanwhile Parental Bond is a reference to the strange affinity the pair have for each other despite Dreepy being used as weapons. The former addition lets it do its Hex + Will-O bs from standard better while the latter gives it more firepower for choice sets.

Last edited:
Also, apologies for not being more active and for not getting around to a tournament already! It's been a little quiet on the server and Cancer Fairy's job is insanely busy. But do join the Discord server to keep up with what's happening, and contribute your ideas and feedback outside of slates!

I hate to be a buzzkill, but Damp's already been buffed in CFM! It's unique to Parasect and lets it resist Fire-type attacks. Also, can I ask why the Water theme??
"After being reborn as a ghost Pokémon, Dreepy wanders the areas it used to inhabit back when it was alive in prehistoric seas." So dragapult is also a ded fish. And dead fish should learn water moves. It also already gets hydro pump, surf, and scald.

1617825196354.png

1617825355911.png

Typing: Fire
Stats: 80 (+15) / 110 (+10) / 70 / 80 / 80 / 105
Abilities: Flame Body / Flash Fire / Quick Feet
Moves: -Solar Blade (really doesn't fit this thing), +Nasty Plot (let it have some special options, especially with Hidden Power being a thing)
Horn Drill: (CFM: physical Normal Overheat clone) when used by Rapidash, becomes a Fire-type attack
How this makes it more interesting: This horse is actually really cool and versatile, and I've used it in tiers from ZU to UU without much complaint - except for its mediocre stat distribution. So, I've just given it a little boost to make it a little tougher, and a little stronger. I've given it a signature move: a physical Overheat clone in Horn Drill, to give it something just a bit unique. Quick Feet also remedies its middling speed, although it forces it to use Toxic Orb, and the addition of Nasty Plot also gives it the option to run a surprise special set.

1617827147617.png

Typing: Ice/Psychic
Stats: 80 / 85 / 75 / 110 / 100 / 80 (+10)
Abilities: Tangled Feet / Ice Body / Screen Cleaner
Moves: +Teleport (it doesn't need much else - its movepool is amazing)
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Screen Cleaner only affects the target's screens. No mon on the opposing side can set up screens while this mon is active.
How this makes it more interesting: Well, this mon already was pretty good - it just needs a little bit more speed. I also gave it a useful pivoting move that benefits from that (Teleport is neutral priority in CFM), and buffed its signature ability to not be quite so terrible. It doesn't need too much to get it going since Rapid Spin + Nasty Plot is already pretty good IMO.

1617831139853.png

Typing: Dragon/Ghost Ghost/Dragon
Stats
: 75 ( -13) / 128 (+8) / 70 (-5) / 110 (+10) / 70 (-5) / 147( +5)
Abilities: Infiltrator / Storm Drain / Adaptability
Moves: +Ice Beam, Blizzard, Earth Power, Earthquake, Slam (100BP, 100%Acc, 33% recoil - matches the user's primary typing), Aqua Tail, Inferno (Fire/Physical; 120BP, 80% Acc; 20% burn), Glare, Iron Tail (Steel-type Liquidation), Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Gunk Shot, Nasty Plot, Destiny Bond, Hyper Beam (150BP 90% Acc, no drawbacks), Defog, Taunt, Roost
Dragon Darts: 60BP, 90% Acc; hits twice (with usual Dragon Darts mechanics)
How this makes it more interesting: Just tried to buff the hell out of this thing in order to make it good in Ubers - since NatDex OU has already proven that it's broken there. With just about every move under the Sun and with great speed, it makes a great utility mon for picking off whatever the user needs it to remove. It has awesome coverage to match its already fairly great STAB - speaking of which, its STAB moves are all much better in CFM. Draco is 140BP, Dragon Pulse and Shadow Ball are 90BP, Phantom Force is 75BP without requiring a charge turn, Slam serves as a 100BP pseudo-STAB Ghost move and Dragon Darts gets a little buff. Combine that with great support moves in Glare, Defog, Taunt, Roost and Destiny Bond, you have a powerful, versatile mon that can do anything you want it to. Since it can't survive any hits in Ubers anyway, I gave it a little bit more power and speed as well.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)