Gen 7 [GEN 7 OU] I try to make good Sharpedo-mega

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hello, like you can read on the title, the goal with this team is to try to make a bad pokemon useful in OU. For this time, the choosen one is Sharpedo-mega. Before explain the team, I think this is more logical to explain first what we can expect from Sharpedo-mega.

Mega_Sharpedo_Model.gif

Sharpedo-mega is a Dark-Water pokemon. For the stats, we have:
-HP : 70
-Attack : 140
-Defense : 70
-Sp.Attack : 110
-Sp.Def : 65
-Speed : 105
Talents: Strong jaws
It's important to say that before the mega-evolution, Sharpedo has the talent speed boost (it raises the speed by one).
As you can see, mega-sharpedo is a very offensive pokemon. He can deal great damages and can mostly outspeed the meta with the help of speed boost. Unfortunatly, Sharpedo-mega has many weakness. Let me summarize his strong and weak points in 3 points:
-He has a very good offense (good attack and speed + a talent wich increase his bite attacks)
-Protect is mandatory, so he has only three attacks for the coverage. Moreover, once you mega-evolute and switch, you lost the boost from speed boost (to simplify, you have to be very careful at the moment you decide to mega-evolute Sharpedo)
-There are some pokemon that can completly block a clean of Sharpedo-mega and you can't cover all the defensive threat with only 3 attacks

To conclude this presentation of Sharpedo-mega, here is a list of some pokemon (offensive and defensive) that represent a threat for the pokemon:
-Ferrothorn
-Skarmory
-Tangrowth

-Magearna
-Keldeo (if scarf)
-Conkeldurr
-Mawile-mega
-Tapu koko
-Tapu bulu
For me, the only way Sharpedo-mega can be viable is in a role of a cleaner once the rest of the team eliminate the threat of Sharpedo-mega. This is in that optic that I built a hyper offense team that can show the potential of this pokemon.

For the team:

Mega_Sharpedo_Model.gif

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
The star of this thread. Earthquake in dedicate to assure the kill against heatran. Ice fang is here to kil Garchomp and Landorus-therian. Psychic fangs is here to kill fight-type pokemon and is a better option against Toxapex. Of course this isn't the best moves for Sharpedo-mega but i chose these moves because I think that the weakness these moves induce are the easier to make up.

Shiny_Magnezone_XY.gif

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
Magnezone is obvious in this team. As a trapper for steel-type pokemon, this pokemon has the role to defeat Skarmory and Ferrothorn. Thunderbolt, his main stabs, allows Magnezone to defeat Skarmory, Celeestela and water-type pokemon in general. Hidden Power [Fire] is here for Ferrothorn (and Scizor-mega as a bonus). Flash cannon is your only way to punish the switch of ground-type pokemon (Garchomp take a lot of damages on the Flash Cannon). Volt Switch is mandatory to keep the momentum.

Azelf_XY.gif

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
If we want a good hyper offense team, we must have a suicide lead. We have a lot of options, but i have a preference for Azelf. Azelf is very quick and has a good attack (thereby, Explosion will do a ton of damages). Taunt + Stealth Rock is obvious to guarantee the hazard control. Skill Swap is a nice tech move against the pokemon with the talent Magic Bounce (Hello Sableye-mega).

tumblr_fbe21bc4fef22206ff13ab9f1f30bce0_02161991_500.gif

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
Greninja will be our offensive pivot that the team need. Spikes, like the Stealth Rock, will be appreciate by Sharpedo-mega (the hazards help a clean from Sharpedo-mega). U-turn, like Volt Switch, is here to keep the momemum. Ice Beam and Gunk Shot are tech moves to defeat key threats of Sharpedo-mega. Gunk Shot OHKO Tapu Bulu and pressure the other fairy-type pokemon. Ice Beam OHKO Landorus-therian and Garchomp and pressure pokemon like Tornadus-therian.

cd201c9b4b41d0ab2058c924faf97c7b340d605b_hq.gif

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fly
Landorus-therian is a possible win-condition for the team. I originally put Landorus-therian to ensure my win againt Magearna and Mawile-mega. But, because i already have a suicide lead (with Azelf) and a pokemon wich put the spikes (Greninja), I decide to go for a more offensive Landorus-therian, the double dance set. Swords Dance and Rock Polish are mandatory to allow a sweep from Landorus-therian. Earthquake for his main stab (and the best option against Magearna and Mawile-mega). Flyinium Z, additionally to the ton of damage that move deals, threaten a lot Tangrowth and, once after a Swords Dance, you can OHKO Chansey.

Tapu_Lele_SM.gif

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
Tapu Lele is a very strong pokemon. I play this pokemon mostly for his talent, Psychic Surge. Psychic Surge summons the Psychic Terrain, wich increase the damage of Psychic Fangs and protect Sharpedo-mega from priority attacks. Psychic and Moonblast are the main stabs. Focus Blast help Tapu Lele against Heatran and Ferrothorn. Calm Mind will be mainly use against a passive pokemon (Clefable for example) and to punish opponents for their switchs.

This is all for my team. Feel free to give me advice to improve my team. I got correct results with this team (consider i'm only at 1500-1600 in the ladder). Thanks for the attention you will give for my post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)