Gen 7 [GEN 7 OU] I try to make good Salazzle...

DIYUSI

formerly KaiserKaiba
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hello, like you can read on the title, the goal with this team is to try to make a bad pokemon useful in OU. For this time, the choosen one is Salazzle. Before explain the team, I think this is more logical to explain first what we can expect from Salazzle.

Salazzle_SM.gif

Salazzle is a Fire/Poison pokemon. For the stats, we have:
-HP : 68
-Attack : 64
-Defense : 60
-Sp.Attack : 111
-Sp.Def : 60
-Speed : 117
As you can see, Salazzle has a poor bulk, a terrible attack but a good speed and Sp.Attack (but unfortunatly the speed is not enough to outspeed the entire meta). So, this pokemon have to obviously be an offense pokemon. But why this pokemon is in RU tier? The reason is simple, there are pokemon he can't pass. To make things more clear, Salazzle has the same weakness of Volcarona, the 4-moves syndrome. With his two stabs, there are at least three pokemon that easily check Salazzle: Toxapex, Heatran and Garchomp. If he can counter Heatran with a Hidden Power-ground, he has literraly no coverage to be able to pass Toxapex and Garchomp. So, with this element on my mind, i try to make a team that can bybass these threat in order to win with a sweep of Salazzle.

For the team:

Salazzle_SM.gif

Salazzle (F) @ Firium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast
The win-condition of the team is to sweep with Salazzle. He use one time Nasty Plot and Salazzle obliterate absolutely everything. But, of course, this situation is very hard to set-up. Like i said previously, Salazzle can never hope to beat Toxapex and Garchomp. Futhermore, Nasty Plot only boost the Sp.Attack, scarf-user or pokemon like tapu-koko can easily prevent a sweep of Salazzle. On top of that, his weakness of rock and his poor bulk make Salazzle a pokemon with a very little durability.

200.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
First, what i try to do is to put pokemon who synergized well withe the dual-type of Salazzle. Rotom-wash is a good because he provide for the team a water-resistance and a ground-immunity. Thunder Wave looks like a bad move, but the idea behind this move is to reduce the speed from potential scarf-user and let Salazzle outspeed the entire adverse team. Despite i'm not a fan of defog on Rotom-wash, is still a great option on this pokemon, consider how i really need to counter the entry hazards in order to pressure the adverse team with a potential sweep from Salazzle.

797.gif

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
Celesteela is the nice psychic-resistance i need in my team. He give also another ground-immunity for the team and he can check some problematic pokemon like Hawlucha or Tapu Lele. Leech Seed is very interisting because, not only he heal Celesteela, Leech Seed deals 12% on any pokemon apart grass-pokemon (and these grass-pokemon are not a theat for Salazzle). Thus, Celesteela can potentially deal cheap damage, helping in this way the sweep of Salazzle.

1486701867576.gif

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Good old Landorus-Therian. This is the rock-resistance of the team and his the one who put the Stealth Rock. U-turn his a great addition because, like Leech Seed, U-turn is a great move to deal cheap damage. Also, Hidden Power-ice can be a way to nullify the dangerousness of pokemon like Garchomp and the other Landorus-Therian. The choice scarf is really helpful in the sense my team is relatively slow and a scarf Landorus-Therian help to reduce a little bit the problem.

Alakazam_XY.gif
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Alakazam is manly dedicate to target the toxapex. Alakazam Life Orb, with psychic, has a good chance to OHKO a classic toxapex. Energy Ball has the purpose to threatening the other rotom-wash. Hidden Power-Ice, like Landorus-Therian, is here to kill some major threat like Landorus-Therian or Garchomp. Thunder Wave is first a move I like because he sort of punish the pokemon who switch on Alakazam. Secondly, Thunder Wave help to reduce the speed of potential scarf-user.

10033.gif

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis
For the mega, i choose mega-venusaur because i need a grass-resistance and a fighting-resistance. Leech Seed and Synthesis help Venusaur to heal himself and deal cheap damage on the enemy pokemon. Earthquake is a second option to beat Heatran. Sludge Bomb is a good stab that give for the team a better match-up against fairy-type pokemon.

This all for my team. Feel free to give me advice to improve my team. I got correct results with this team (consider i'm only at 1500 in the ladder). Thanks for the attention you will give for my post.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)