[gen 5-OU/wifi] STALL NOT DEAD

Mission: Stall the quite offensive BW OU-Metagame (not dreamworld, that comes next)

Way:
1. Take the two most-bulky tanks, that have almost no weak together => Suicune and Hippowdon (only grass).

2. Idea: Setup entry Hazards and make the two mentioned Pokemon to abusers => Forry

3. One pink thing with an egg is a must-have-supporter here. The question is: Blissey or Chansey? I took Blissey.

4. Mew is not uber?- so lets use it. It can take the SR-Job and provide a few last-resort-attacking-power.

5. You need a spinblocker: i took Burungeru

So, lets begin:

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 180 HP/ 92Atk / 128 SAtk / 108 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball(/Psychic?)
>> My usual lead, setting up SR with its decent bulk. And one reason for using this is the weapon of surprise fucking up the common starters as Tyranitar with superpower, which deals severe damage to common non-bulky-darks, too. Forry, Scizor and Nattorei are not fond of FT. On the last slot I am not sure if to use shadow ball for example against Starmie and other Psychics or rely on the STAB. Usually i tend to SB. The EVs are to outspeed all the threads up to the speed of Breloom, to take out non-defensive Tyranitar (despite i tend to switch to Hippo in fear of skarf or defensive Evs) and Scizor safely as well as physical defensive Nasttorei. The rest was put in bulk. Leftovers since it is not a suicide-lead.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

>> The second possible Lead - pretty standart. I put all on physical defence since this is not gen 4 and the attacking power rose. Its very essential since my team is based on hazards.

Suicune@ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Surf(/Ice beam?)
>> Main phazer and supposed to take the hard hits. Stalk is nice with roar, especially in the metagame of little recovery. Perhaps Ice Beam because I already have a water pokemon with a water attack and so I could dent dragons instead of roaring them out?

Hippowdon(F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Stockpile
- Earthquake(/Toxic?)
- Slack Off

>>Some kind of the crown of my strategy. After Stockpile it stands there like a cement block. By the SpD-EVs it gains epic bulk against special attacks. The intention is to phaze through the opponents team after my hazards are brought out, supportet by the Sandstorm. If he fails to use taunt or toxic, then he has a huge problem. Leech seed might help him, too, but then i simply switch out and i usually won't be a problem to bring it in again. I also have to switch against a spinner to avoid the spin. I already thought of Toxic instead of Earthquake (because there are that much immunities and balloons), but I wouldn't feel good with any attacking power.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
>> Good old bliss. Should I use Aromatherapy instead of protect or toxic because on some of my pokemon, status ailments are really bad? I didn't like chansey in the sandstorm (would it be better though?).

Burungeru (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Boil Over
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
>> Spinblocker and just another watertank. Does a good job to break last-poke-setup. Should I give her more physical EVs? I chose cursed body, because i am not bothered with water-attacks, don't need the recovery and am happy when it blocks (preferably choiced) contact-moves while switching in.

Threats:
I have been using this team quite a while and i saw that there are quite a lot potentially dangerous sweepers. Most of them I use to handle.
The most-dangerous ones are:

Lucario: if my Hippowdon and my cune are not at full health and this one runs LO and crunch, then i have a problem if it gets an SD.

Mixed Tyranitar: as long as I don't know the set, this might make me loose a Pokemon

Bulky-DD-Gyarados: That can screw me with taunt and i am not able to sweep it evektively.

Latios: if it is a CM-set that cannot be stopped by bliss then my best hope is payback from Forry

Salamence: Tell me a Stall-Team that isn't threated by this one

Please rate
mfg JvH

Use mew as stall mew set. It handle almost all your weakness since it can screen on mence and burn him. And can taunt his DD. Taunt gyara and burn, taunt luke and burn, and need prediction on ttar move whether to screen or burn.
Mence is meh on my stall team utilizing this mew.

So put SR on hippo and finally add 1 pokemon to beat latias like scarf tar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)