Invalid gen 1 random battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see that you guys have the opinion on the random battle miss rate for the moves. Testing a move that isn't even used on gen 1 , not sure of the point of that to be honest. Test body slam, blizzard, fire blast, etc. "pound" ? That is not even used. To miss body slam 3 times for example in a row, with a 1/256 miss rate , not paralyzed. Absolutely not. Not that it isn't impossible it's just why don' you guys make a lottery because I'd actually win some money with the luck i'm getting. Jokes aside, pound isn't even a move used in random battle so nice try. GO FIX THE MOVES THAT ARE MESSED UP. I can be happily up 4 Pokémon and then literally be missing moves to be getting walked off purely off misses. It's ridiculous. I can see how there is skill involved and I do play to that, but the math just doesn't add up. Sorry for that china.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
You've already been given a reliable answer to your concerns about the RNG from a PS dev (it doesn't get any more reliable than that). At this point you're just complaining, which is not what this forum is for. It's not "[an] opinion", it's literally how the code works and is intended to work. Feel free to go and test it yourself if you're skeptical, but anecdotes about individual instances of you getting unlucky are not unique; that kind of stuff happens to literally everyone who plays the game. If you keep posting like this, you might end up getting infracted, so tread carefully.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Since you seem to be unaware, the accuracy of a move is simply a number encoded into the move's data (or true for moves that never miss). For example: Body Slam and Pound. Both are 100% accurate (not sure hits though). To keep it simple, when checking if any move will miss or hit, the engine will obtain the move's accuracy and compare it to an RNG roll to determine if it hit or not.

Simply put: it doesn't matter what 100% accurate move I used for the test in generation 1. In fact pound is a better choice as it avoids the possibility of say paralysis or higher damage output which are undesirable in test environments. The important fact is that we tested to see what happened when the engine was faced with determining accuracy for a 100% accurate move in generation 1 with no other factors invalidating the test.

Please stop opening threads on this topic and consider taking a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)