Work!
1. Limber but not really
2. Attacking lead
3. Para-immune setup sweeper
4. autocrit move user
5. break the mold

Ema Skye

Work!
I'm a few hours early but there is a VERY clear winner so we'll close votes early.

Count:
Limber but not really: 30
Autocrit move user: 20
Para-immune Set Up Sweeper: 20
Break the Mold: 18
Attacking Lead: 16

And so here is our concept we will be Limber but not really. Funnily enough, the example concept won.

Name: Limber but not really
Rationale: Paralysis is a focal point of RBY and even allows lead strategies. However, what if we produced a Pokemon that's difficult to paralyze? This is normally achieved through typing among other bits; Normal or Ghost prevent paraslam, Ground makes you immune to TWave, Rest can technically remove it but not the Speed drop. Perhaps this could shake up T1 para or some Chansey interactions. Maybe even make something that could duel Snorlax and Rhydon more consistently. There's a lot you could work with here. However, nothing stops Glare or Stun Spore...so maybe Exeggutor may run Double Powder more often. Could even use Conversion to turn Normal-type against a STAB Body Slam user.
The description of the concept provides a few angles.
  • Normal/Ghost negate Body Slam paralysis (Ghost takes it a step further than Normal by being immune to the move. Ghost is also immune to Glare which may matter if more relevant Glare users get added)
  • Ground is immune to Thunder Wave
  • A fast user of Substitute in this meta can get the jump (reminder that we have Stadium's Substitute so status is blocked unlike vanilla RBY)
  • A Pokemon with Conversion can become a Normal type against another Normal type
  • A Pokemon bulky enough to Rest frequently can work around paralysis if it doesn't mind the speed drops.
  • You cannot be immune to Stun Spore through typing
As with before, submissions will be approved by council to assemble voting options. We encourage you to work together, ask for feedback and avoid overlapping someone else's submission.

You are allowed to make completely individual Fakemon, Fakemon with evolutionary relatives or Fakemon that evolve from a real mon in RBY.

Here is a template:
Code:
[b]Fakemon Name[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]:
[b]Typing[/b]:
[b]Relevant Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
[hide=Full Movepool]Moves[/hide]
We'll probably have subs open for about a week. I'll make sure to do a sub review at some point once we have some subs to work through.

Fakemon Name: idk (looking for help :) )
Stats: 70/120/60/80/100
Typing: Ghost
Relevant Moves: Agility, Barrier, Body Slam, Earthquake, Explosion, Flamethrower, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Lovely Kiss, Mega Drain, Night Shade, Quick Attack, Self Destruct, Submission, Thunderbolt, Toxic (Bolded are the ones that — wants to run) (Would be willing to remove: Barrier, Mega Drain 2/3 of the Elementals)
Description: — is a physical wallbreaking ghost type that is also a good status spreader with Lovely Kiss and Toxic. — also negates Gengar’s existence. Very strong against Sneasler, Rhydon and Jolteon. However, it has no viable STAB moves, and even if it did, it couldn’t use it against the metagame’s best Pokémon.
— Lv. 100
252/252/252/252/252
-Body Slam/Explosion
-Earthquake
-Lovely Kiss
-Toxic

Lovely Kiss, Toxic, and Earthquake are essential to —‘s kit, Lovely Kiss can put pivotal members of the opposing team to sleep, and toxic can chip down the opposing team even with Stadium sleep. Earthquake is —‘s strongest move. Body Slam can be used to paralyze other pokemon, spreading more status, while Explosion can do massive damage to Physical Def-less mons
Moves:

Last edited:
I'm a few hours early but there is a VERY clear winner so we'll close votes early.

Count:
Limber but not really: 30
Autocrit move user: 20
Para-immune Set Up Sweeper: 20
Break the Mold: 18
Attacking Lead: 16

And so here is our concept we will be Limber but not really. Funnily enough, the example concept won.

The description of the concept provides a few angles.
  • Normal/Ghost negate Body Slam paralysis (Ghost takes it a step further than Normal by being immune to the move. Ghost is also immune to Glare which may matter if more relevant Glare users get added)
  • Ground is immune to Thunder Wave
  • A fast user of Substitute in this meta can get the jump (reminder that we have Stadium's Substitute so status is blocked unlike vanilla RBY)
  • A Pokemon with Conversion can become a Normal type against another Normal type
  • A Pokemon bulky enough to Rest frequently can work around paralysis if it doesn't mind the speed drops.
  • You cannot be immune to Stun Spore through typing
As with before, submissions will be approved by council to assemble voting options. We encourage you to work together, ask for feedback and avoid overlapping someone else's submission.

You are allowed to make completely individual Fakemon, Fakemon with evolutionary relatives or Fakemon that evolve from a real mon in RBY.

Here is a template:
Code:
[b]Fakemon Name[/b]:
[b]Stats[/b]:
[b]Typing[/b]:
[b]Relevant Moves[/b]:
[b]Description[/b]:
[hide=Full Movepool]Moves[/hide]
We'll probably have subs open for about a week. I'll make sure to do a sub review at some point once we have some subs to work through.
Question, are electric types immune to paralysis from electric type moves like normals are immune to body slam from paralysis

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Pre-Contributor
Fakemon Name: Wormperor (Worm + Emperor)
Stats: 105 HP, 95 ATK, 110 DEF, 40 SPC, 60 SPE
Typing: Ground/Normal
Relevant Moves: Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Reflect, Rest, Rock Slide, Substitute, Wrap,
Description: Normal/Ground types cannot be paralyzed by Body Slam or Thunder Wave, making them very resistant to paralysis. My idea was to have a wrap abuser that is very hard to paralyze. Speed-Wise, it speed ties Abomasnow, but will probably never want to risk staying in and wrapping it.

This mon is meant to be found in the Safari Zone, and I had the idea of it being a counterpart to Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is based off a Kangaroo, so Wormperor is based off the Australian earthworm. The Wormperor are also one of the main creatures that Kangaskhan protects her baby from. It's stats are also Kangaskhan's stats, but losing 30 speed in favor of defense.

Not too sure on how this will do competitively. It's faster than all the slow mons (chansey, snorlax, exeggutor) but slower than the fast mons. It has body slam to try to paralyze the faster mons tho, which is important. It's very bulky physically but insanely frail specially. You may think the bulk will let it safely switch into Tauros's Body Slam, until you realize it gets 2hkoed by Blizzard. Even tho 95 attack isn't alarming at first glance, it is the only normal type apart from Lickitung with STAB Wrap, so it could potentially be overwhelming. I do think the speed is enough to balance it out tho.
Level-Up Moves:
L1: Wrap
L1: Tail Whip
L26: Tackle
L31: Sand Attack
L36: Slam
L41: Dig
L46: Leer

TMs:
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM11- Bubble Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM20 - Rage
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Fissure
TM28 - Dig

TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Bide
TM40 - Skull Bash
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

HM04 - Strength

:ss/golem::sv/rabsca:
Fakemon Name: Boulra (Boulder + Ra) Rack (Ra + Rock)
Stats: 100/95/100/100/25
Typing: Rock/Psychic
Relevant Moves: Body Slam, Earthquake, Explosion, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Light Screen, Psychic, Rest, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss, Submission, Thunderbolt
Description: Bulky Rest user. Has good bulk & a fairly nice typing. Psychic is extremely good while Rock resists Normal. It suffers from a weakness to Ground & Water but has tbolt for Starmie. It still hates EQ.
Level-Up Moves:
L1: Tackle
L1: Harden
L10: Flamethrower
L20: Light Screen

L30: Skull Bash
L40: Psychic

TMs:
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Submission

TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM20 - Rage
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Teleport
TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Bide
TM35 - Metronome
TM36 - Selfdestruct
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM40 - Skull Bash
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Psywave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide

TM50 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength

edit: It was too weak, so I buffed the bulk up a significant amount. Thanks Ema Skye for the help.
edit 2: Spc nerf

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Fakemon Name: Scariboo
Stats: 80/95/70/70/95 (410)
Typing: Ground/Ghost
Relevant Moves: Earthquake, Night Shade, Slash, Glare, Body Slam, Hyper Beam
Description: Easiest typing for the concept ever but it needed some tweaks to work in RBY and be balanced. It ends up walling Normals that lack Ice coverage, and so its lower special means those variants have a fairly trivial time with it. I also wanted to ensure it also didn't blank Zapdos, and so it relies on Slash to break Zapdos instead of Rock Slide, which ensures the matchup is still winnable for Zapdos. It does have enough special bulk to beat a paralyzed Alakazam. Starmie matchup is shaky depending on its options obviously. Also thought a Ghost with paralysis was interesting, and I opted to give it the less consistent option to nerf it a bit. It ends up walled by Exeggutor, which is also one of the only ways it can be paralyzed.
Tackle, Leer, Sand Attack, Glare, Night Shade, Screech, Slash
Toxic, Body Slam, Take Down, Double Edge, Hyper Beam, Rage, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Earthquake, Fissure, Dig, Psychic, Teleport, Mimic, Double Team, Reflect, Bide, Swift, Skull Bash, Rest, Substitute, Cut, Flash
Stomp, Disable, Light Screen

Relevant Moves: Agility, Barrier, Body Slam, Earthquake, Explosion, Flamethrower, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Lovely Kiss, Mega Drain, Night Shade, Quick Attack, Self Destruct, Shadow Ball, Submission, Thunderbolt, Toxic (Bolded are the ones that — wants to run)
Description: — is a physical wall breaking ghost type that is also a good status spreader with Lovely Kiss and Toxic. — also negates Gengar’s existence. Very strong against Sneasler, Rhydon and Jolteon, however, it can’t hit any of the metagame’s premiere threats with STAB Shadow Ball, which is a major downside.
— Lv. 100
252/252/252/252/252
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Lovely Kiss
-Toxic
Moves
Just a note: Shadow Ball doesn't exist here as that move was introduced in Gen 2.

Last edited:
Fakemon Name: Worgma (Worm + Magma)
Stats: 100/100/80/105/105
Typing: Fire/Ground
Relevant Moves: Substitute, Glare, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Rest, Body Slam, Headbutt
Description: A solid mixed attacker, it's also a ground type with para. It can't stand a water move, so it's balanced.
Tackle, Tail Whip, Take Down, Double Edge, Body Slam, Hyperbeam, Magnitude, Sand Attack, Earthquake, Fissure, Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Toxic, Bide, Rest, Haze, Defense Curl, Mega Drain

Last edited:

BT89

go on, take everything
is a Pre-Contributor
Fakemon Name: Dirtstrich
Stats: 75 / 115 / 75 / 75 / 85 (425)
Typing: Ground / Normal
Relevant Moves: Body Slam, Drill Peck, Earthquake, Jump Kick, Hyper Beam, Rock Slide, Swords Dance,
Description: This combines my original concept of a paralysis immune set-up sweeper and the selected concept. This Pokemon is meant to use its decent bulk and access to Swords Dance in order to act as a set-up breaker / cleaner in tandem with its typing giving it immunities to every form of paralysis. This is balanced by the fact that its Speed, while not bad, is not amazing by any means, being outsped by a plethora of the biggest threats around (Tauros, Starmie, Alakazam). This Pokemon would likely need paralysis support to function to its fullest extent, as it cannot really afford to be outsped by many things thanks to its bulk not being much more than decent.

Dex Entry (just for fun): This Pokemon likes to stick its head into the ground for no apparent reason. It cannot fly, but it can run fast. It chases Sandshrew for reckless enjoyment.

Acid Armor, Barrage, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Cut, Dig, Drill Peck, Earthquake, Fly, Fury Attack, Growl, Headbutt, Horn Attack, Hyper Beam, Jump Kick, Leer, Low Kick, Mega Kick, Mirror Move, Peck, Pound, Rest, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Sand Attack, Screech, Slam, Stomp, Substitute, Swift, Take Down, Toxic, Tri-Attack, Whirlwind, Withdraw

Sphound
Sphinx+found+hound help me plz 4 the name
Ground/Ghost
75 / 90 / 110 / 75 / 80 430 if I’m right
Relevant moves: Earthquake, Blizzard, Psychic, Amnesia, Body Slam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Toxic, Leer, Tail Whip, Bide, Rage, Quick Attack, Submission, Hyper Beam
So, it is a Normal check with decent SpDef. It competes with Rhydon, chose to give it lower Attack and not Rock S’ide and Swords Dance to still let Rhydon a niche. Can act as a Amnesia sweeper

It’s a dog, with Chromera vibes, like a dog Sphinx yk

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Sub review will probably come on Friday. If you'd like some feedback before then, send me a DM here or on Discord.

And speaking of Discord...
We have one now!

The OP will be updated but here is the new Burgundy Discord!
https://discord.gg/NZCKv8kSRj

And actually if you want feedback now, I already left you some on the discord!!

We will also be having a tournament once this slate is done to get some playtesting for all the updates we've made so far. Initial playtesting has suggested this is a very distinct RBY meta (in some ways its Gen 1.5?).

Last edited:
Fakemon Name: Scariboo
Stats: 80/95/70/70/95 (410)
Typing: Ground/Ghost
Relevant Moves: Earthquake, Night Shade, Slash, Glare, Body Slam, Hyper Beam
Description: Easiest typing for the concept ever but it needed some tweaks to work in RBY and be balanced. It ends up walling Normals that lack Ice coverage, and so its lower special means those variants have a fairly trivial time with it. I also wanted to ensure it also didn't blank Zapdos, and so it relies on Slash to break Zapdos instead of Rock Slide, which ensures the matchup is still winnable for Zapdos. It does have enough special bulk to beat a paralyzed Alakazam. Starmie matchup is shaky depending on its options obviously. Also thought a Ghost with paralysis was interesting, and I opted to give it the less consistent option to nerf it a bit. It ends up walled by Exeggutor, which is also one of the only ways it can be paralyzed.
Tackle, Leer, Sand Attack, Glare, Night Shade, Screech, Slash
Toxic, Body Slam, Take Down, Double Edge, Hyper Beam, Rage, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Earthquake, Fissure, Dig, Psychic, Teleport, Mimic, Double Team, Reflect, Bide, Swift, Skull Bash, Rest, Substitute, Cut, Flash
Stomp, Disable, Light Screen

Just a note: Shadow Ball doesn't exist here as that move was introduced in Gen 2.
It still fucks me up that Shadow Ball isn't a gen 1 move. From time to time, I lay awake at night thinking about that.

plux.jpg

Name: Plucks (yes I just stole this from Spaceworld)

Evolves from Pinsir when traded

Type1/ Bug
Type2/ Normal

HP: 75
ATK: 110
DEF: 115
SPD: 75
SPEC: 55

Moves: Earthquake, Low Kick, Barrier, Rock Slide, Twineedle, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, moves inherited from Pinsir

The basic idea: This pokemon expands upon the idea of Pinsir, granting some new coverage. An immunity to BSlam paralysis and a resistance to EQ lets it face Tauros and Snorlax nicely. You can use it defensively with Rest and Barrier or go on the offensive with Swords Dance. It has less Speed and Attack than Pinsir but is more bulky.

EDIT: Speed and Special were accidentally swapped. This was fixed, though if you hate that I can honestly change it back
EDIT2: Ema Skye recommended I switch its secondary type to Normal and that seemed like a really neat idea so I did it

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Sub review time!!

Relevant Moves: Agility, Barrier, Body Slam, Earthquake, Explosion, Flamethrower, Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Lovely Kiss, Mega Drain, Night Shade, Quick Attack, Self Destruct, Submission, Thunderbolt, Toxic (Bolded are the ones that — wants to run) (Would be willing to remove: Barrier, Mega Drain 2/3 of the Elementals)
Description: — is a physical wallbreaking ghost type that is also a good status spreader with Lovely Kiss and Toxic. — also negates Gengar’s existence. Very strong against Sneasler, Rhydon and Jolteon. However, it has no viable STAB moves, and even if it did, it couldn’t use it against the metagame’s best Pokémon.
— Lv. 100
252/252/252/252/252
-Body Slam/Explosion
-Earthquake
-Lovely Kiss
-Toxic

Lovely Kiss, Toxic, and Earthquake are essential to —‘s kit, Lovely Kiss can put pivotal members of the opposing team to sleep, and toxic can chip down the opposing team even with Stadium sleep. Earthquake is —‘s strongest move. Body Slam can be used to paralyze other pokemon, spreading more status, while Explosion can do massive damage to Physical Def-less mons
Moves:
So Shadow Ball is a Gen 2 move so that's not going to be a part of the mon. I like what you're doing here as a physical attacker that lacks STAB, and so I'd play around more from that angle by maybe removing the elemental moves on it. Maybe put like SD or Meditate/Sharpen on it as well for boosting? There's some potential here. As a note though, nothing really runs Toxic in RBY unless there's a partial trapping move and sleep moves are bad under the sleep mechanics we have. I feel like that's more reason to maybe consider a boosting option.

Relevant Moves: Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Reflect, Rest, Rock Slide, Substitute, Wrap,
Description: Normal/Ground types cannot be paralyzed by Body Slam or Thunder Wave, making them very resistant to paralysis. My idea was to have a wrap abuser that is very hard to paralyze. Speed-Wise, it speed ties Abomasnow, but will probably never want to risk staying in and wrapping it.

This mon is meant to be found in the Safari Zone, and I had the idea of it being a counterpart to Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is based off a Kangaroo, so Wormperor is based off the Australian earthworm. The Wormperor are also one of the main creatures that Kangaskhan protects her baby from. It's stats are also Kangaskhan's stats, but losing 30 speed in favor of defense.

Not too sure on how this will do competitively. It's faster than all the slow mons (chansey, snorlax, exeggutor) but slower than the fast mons. It has body slam to try to paralyze the faster mons tho, which is important. It's very bulky physically but insanely frail specially. You may think the bulk will let it safely switch into Tauros's Body Slam, until you realize it gets 2hkoed by Blizzard. Even tho 95 attack isn't alarming at first glance, it is the only normal type apart from Lickitung with STAB Wrap, so it could potentially be overwhelming. I do think the speed is enough to balance it out tho.
Level-Up Moves:

TMs:
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM11- Bubble Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM20 - Rage
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Fissure
TM28 - Dig

TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Bide
TM40 - Skull Bash
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

HM04 - Strength
PT is kinda in a weird spot with the turn limit we put on it, so a mon based around that feels like a large variable as we haven't played around with 3 turn PT a lot. It's kinda interesting outside of wrap and I think its an interesting design choice to make a para-resistant mon crave paralyzing the other team.

Stats: 100/95/100/115/25
Relevant Moves: Body Slam, Earthquake, Explosion, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Light Screen, Psychic, Rest, Rock Slide, Seismic Toss, Submission, Thunderbolt
Description: Bulky Rest user. Has good bulk & a fairly nice typing. Psychic is extremely good while Rock resists Normal. It suffers from a weakness to Ground & Water but has tbolt for Starmie. It still hates EQ.
Level-Up Moves:

TMs:
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Submission

TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM20 - Rage
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Teleport
TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Bide
TM35 - Metronome
TM36 - Selfdestruct
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM40 - Skull Bash
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Psywave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide

TM50 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength

edit: It was too weak, so I buffed the bulk up a significant amount. Thanks Ema Skye for the help.
I'd revert the special back to 100. That allows it to contrast better from the other Psychics by having its defense be a selling point. I'm also kinda worried that it might be too bulky with 115 special (KEP scream tail vibes). Interesting idea though and I like more boom options!

Fakemon Name: Worgma (Worm + Magma)
Stats: 100/100/80/100/105
Typing: Fire/Ground
Relevant Moves: Substitute, Fire Spin, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Wrap, Rock Slide, Rest, Body Slam
Description: A fast pivot that abuses substitute and traping moves to grant switches, it has just ok defensive and ofensive stats, so it can't put in too much work by itself. It also has a horrible defensive typing for rby standards, so it can't take a hit itself.
Tackle, Tail Whip, Take Down, Double Edge, Body Slam, Hyperbeam, Magnitude, Sand Attack, Earthquake, Fissure, Ember, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Toxic, Bide, Rest, Haze, Defense Curl, Mega Drain
Appreciate that you nerfed the speed. I think this can be worked around. I would try and contrast it more from Gastlies' wrap sub to help the two standout. But there is some potential here for the Ground-type Rapidash.

Relevant Moves: Body Slam, Drill Peck, Earthquake, Jump Kick, Hyper Beam, Rock Slide, Swords Dance,
Description: This combines my original concept of a paralysis immune set-up sweeper and the selected concept. This Pokemon is meant to use its decent bulk and access to Swords Dance in order to act as a set-up breaker / cleaner in tandem with its typing giving it immunities to every form of paralysis. This is balanced by the fact that its Speed, while not bad, is not amazing by any means, being outsped by a plethora of the biggest threats around (Tauros, Starmie, Alakazam). This Pokemon would likely need paralysis support to function to its fullest extent, as it cannot really afford to be outsped by many things thanks to its bulk not being much more than decent.

Dex Entry (just for fun): This Pokemon likes to stick its head into the ground for no apparent reason. It cannot fly, but it can run fast. It chases Sandshrew for reckless enjoyment.

Acid Armor, Barrage, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Cut, Dig, Drill Peck, Earthquake, Fly, Fury Attack, Growl, Headbutt, Horn Attack, Hyper Beam, Jump Kick, Leer, Low Kick, Mega Kick, Mirror Move, Peck, Pound, Rest, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Sand Attack, Screech, Slam, Stomp, Substitute, Swift, Take Down, Toxic, Tri-Attack, Whirlwind, Withdraw
This kinda scares me with SD+Hyper Beam but I'm open to trying it. Probably struggles against Aerodactyl unless it fits rock slide.

Sphound
Sphinx+found+hound help me plz 4 the name
Ground/Ghost
75 / 90 / 110 / 75 / 80 430 if I’m right
Relevant moves: Earthquake, Blizzard, Psychic, Amnesia, Body Slam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Toxic, Leer, Tail Whip, Bide, Rage, Quick Attack, Submission, Hyper Beam
So, it is a Normal check with decent SpDef. It competes with Rhydon, chose to give it lower Attack and not Rock S’ide and Swords Dance to still let Rhydon a niche. Can act as a Amnesia sweeper

It’s a dog, with Chromera vibes, like a dog Sphinx yk
Given you lots of feedback on discord already, but I think this is pretty interesting now.

View attachment 490709

Type1/ Bug
Type2/ Ground

Moves: Earthquake, Low Kick, Barrier, Rock Slide, Twineedle, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunderpunch, moves inherited from Pinsir

The basic idea: This pokemon expands upon the idea of Pinsir, granting some new coverage and an interesting defensive typing (resists both Ground and Electric while being weak to Ice). You can use it defensively with Rest and Barrier or go on the offensive with Swords Dance. It has less Speed and Attack than Pinsir but is more bulky.

EDIT: Speed and Special were accidentally swapped. This was fixed, though if you hate that I can honestly change it back
This is pretty similar to our buffed Beedrill (see post 2 in the thread). The best way to contrast it, imo, would be making it Bug/Normal. Bug's biggest boon is switching into resisted EQs, and nearly every EQ user runs Body Slam as well. This would let it boast a very strong Tauros and Snorlax matchup. STAB Slash would also be really cool for breaking reflect sets, and it would remind me of Madame in KEP which has a similar Atk/Spe with STAB Slash so I don't think it'd be broken.

This is pretty similar to our buffed Beedrill (see post 2 in the thread). The best way to contrast it, imo, would be making it Bug/Normal. Bug's biggest boon is switching into resisted EQs, and nearly every EQ user runs Body Slam as well. This would let it boast a very strong Tauros and Snorlax matchup. STAB Slash would also be really cool for breaking reflect sets, and it would remind me of Madame in KEP which has a similar Atk/Spe with STAB Slash so I don't think it'd be broken.
This idea actually seems really cool so I think I will do that

Ema Skye

Work!
About 2 hours early but I'll start the vote out early. First though, a few announcements.
  • Courtesy of Albatross, we have a very sweet banner that has been added to the OP.
  • Thanks to Gastlies, we have a spreadsheet for the mod that has been added to the OP. This sheet includes sample sets for each new or buffed mon.
  • We will be taking a break after this slate to have a playtesting tournament where we'll get the first chance to test out our newest addition. Signups will start once voting has concluded.
Now, time to vote. Here are the options for the ballot. Each council member picked a sub that they thought was the most interesting, but they could not pick their own.

Level-Up Moves:

TMs:
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM11- Bubble Beam
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM20 - Rage
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Fissure
TM28 - Dig

TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Bide
TM40 - Skull Bash
TM44 - Rest
TM48 - Rock Slide
TM50 - Substitute

HM04 - Strength
Stats: 100/95/100/100/25
Level-Up Moves:

TMs:
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Body Slam
TM09 - Take Down
TM10 - Double-Edge
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Submission

TM18 - Counter
TM19 - Seismic Toss
TM20 - Rage
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Teleport
TM31 - Mimic
TM32 - Double Team
TM34 - Bide
TM35 - Metronome
TM36 - Selfdestruct
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM40 - Skull Bash
TM42 - Dream Eater
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Psywave
TM47 - Explosion
TM48 - Rock Slide

TM50 - Substitute
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength

edit 2: Spc nerf

View attachment 490709

Type1/ Bug
Type2/ Normal

The basic idea: This pokemon expands upon the idea of Pinsir, granting some new coverage. An immunity to BSlam paralysis and a resistance to EQ lets it face Tauros and Snorlax nicely. You can use it defensively with Rest and Barrier or go on the offensive with Swords Dance. It has less Speed and Attack than Pinsir but is more bulky.

EDIT2: Ema Skye recommended I switch its secondary type to Normal and that seemed like a really neat idea so I did it
As usual, this is a ranked ballot. You can rank the following options in whatever order you want.

Wormperor
Boulra
Dirtstrich
Plucks

Voting will go for about 2 days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)