Fusion Evolution V2 (Submission Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get toxing any for but how "Being able to poison foe with status" plus "Has a chance to make foe poisoned when using contact moves" makes Poison super-effective against Poison and Steel tho?
I want the ability to be strong. Who wants to use a weak mon in battle?

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Parents: TornadusT + Vanilluxe
Shared Egg Group: DNA
Offspring Name: TuxT
New Typing: Flying/Ice
New Base Stats: 95/98/83/130/93/100 (+20 HP, +10 ATK, +10 Speed)
New Ability: Lifegiving Snow (Places hail that doesn't hurt allies. In fact, while it's up, allies are under a Regenerator effect and a Rain Dish of sorts)
Notable Moves: Hurricane, Heatwave, Blizzard, Focus Blast, Grass Knot, U-Turn, Superpower, Knock Off, Sludge Bomb/Wave, Freeze Dry, Flash Cannon, Ice Shard, Automize
Role Identification: Support Oriented Hail mon. Who said Hail can't be AMAZING?!

Parent: Torkoal + Shiftry
Shared Egg Group: Field
Offspring Name: Shitty
New Typing: Grass/Fire
New Base Stats: 90/103/110/98/75/60
New Ability: Running Sun (Drought + Chlorophyll) - The Sun this guy sets boosts his team with Chloro
Notable Moves:Fire Blast, Knock Off, Solar Beam, Leech Seeds, Rapid Spin, Leaf Storm, Overheat, Hurricane, Nasty Plot, Sword Dance, Growth, Shell Smash, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Sucker Punch, Grass Knot, Lowkick, Tailwind, Synthesis, Giga Drain, Icy Wind, Leaf Blade, Fake Out, Stealth Rocks, Earth Power, Clear Smog, Superpower
Role Identification: Support Oriented Drought mon. Who said Sun can't be AMAZING?!
I get that you want to create strong Abilities and stuff, but aren't those outright busted!?

I get that you want to create strong Abilities and stuff, but aren't those outright busted!?

DNA Donors: Tapu Bulu / Donphan
Offspring name: DonBulu
New Type: Ground / Fairy
Base Stats: 90 / 130 / 120 / 73 / 95 / 65 (+10 HP, +5 Atk, +3 Def, +1 SpA, +18 SpD, +3 Spe)
New ability and desc: PerseveRanch (Grassy Surge + Sturdy) - Grassy Terrain is activated on switch in. This Pokémon cannot be KOed under Grassy Terrain, so if its HP would go below 0 after being hit by a move, it will resist at 1 HP as long as the terrain is Grassy Terrain.
Notable Moves: Play Rough, Earthquake, Heavy Slam, Gyro Ball, Smart Strike, Poison Jab, Wood Hammer, Horn Leech, Ice Shard, Head Charge, Knock Off, Superpower, Leech Seed, Nature's Wrath, Megahorn, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, Rapid Spin, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Rock Polish, Taunt (Move tutor: Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Stealth Rock)
Role Identification: The final Ground/Fairy-type Fusion. Quite bulky with a wide movepool, including some utility moves like Knock Off, Rapid Spin, Nature's Wrath and Taunt, and giving finally Tapu Bulu the Play Rough it deserves.
I mean as long as we are talking about busted abilities...

Quick tip, the pokemon in a sprite link aren't capitalized, so instead of

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/Bruxish.gif

it should be

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/bruxish.gif

you can also drag images from other replies and modify the url from there :D
I can directly give you the format I use, that is the original Eevee General gave first, a long time ago.
Code:
[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/a.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/b.gif[/IMG]
[hide=AB][B]DNA Donors:[/B] A / B
[B]Offspring name:[/B] AB
[B]New Type:[/B] A / B
[B]Base Stats:[/B] 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 (+0 HP, +0 Atk, +0 Def, +0 SpA, +0 SpD, +0 Spe)
[B]New ability and desc:[/B] [I]Ab[/I] (A + B) - Aaabbb.
[B]Notable Moves:[/B] Aabb
[B]Role Identification:[/B] Aaabbb[/hide]

[IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/a.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/b.gif[/IMG]
[hide=AB][B]Parents:[/B] A / B
[B]Shared egg group:[/B] C
[B]New type:[/B] A / B
[B]New base stats:[/B] 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
[B]New ability and desc:[/B] [I]Ab[/I] (A+B) - Aaabbb.
[B]Notable moves:[/B] Aaabbb
[B]Role Identification:[/B] Aaabbb [/hide]
("A"s, "B"s and "C"s are placeholders, they hint where to put capital letters or so)
I can also ask rhydreigon to add it to the first post, so that everyone uses the same.

TMan87

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I can directly give you the format I use, that is the original Eevee General gave first, a long time ago.
Code:
[hide=AB][B]DNA Donors:[/B] A / B
[B]New Type:[/B] A / B
[B]Base Stats:[/B] 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 (+0 HP, +0 Atk, +0 Def, +0 SpA, +0 SpD, +0 Spe)
[B]New ability and desc:[/B] [I]Ab[/I] (A + B) - Aaabbb.
[B]Notable Moves:[/B] Aabb
[B]Role Identification:[/B] Aaabbb[/hide]

[hide=AB][B]Parents:[/B] A / B
[B]Shared egg group:[/B] C
[B]New type:[/B] A / B
[B]New base stats:[/B] 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
[B]New ability and desc:[/B] [I]Ab[/I] (A+B) - Aaabbb.
[B]Notable moves:[/B] Aaabbb
[B]Role Identification:[/B] Aaabbb [/hide]
("A"s, "B"s and "C"s are placeholders, they hint where to put capital letters or so)
I can also ask rhydreigon to add it to the first post, so that everyone uses the same.
This is actually pretty neat !

Parents: Sandslash-Alola and Hippowdon
Shared egg group: Field
Offspring name: Hipposlash
New type: Ice/Ground
New base stats: 101/116/129/56/78/66
New ability and desc: (Sand Stream + Slush Rush) Snow Stream: Summons Hail weather for 5 turns (8 turns if the user is holding Icy Rock).
Notable moves: Aurora Veil, Icicle Crash, Earthquake, Slack Off, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin, Stone Edge, Icicle Spear
Role identification: A bulky Hail setter. Also a bulky dual-screens setter thanks to Aurora Veil. Base 116 Attack means that it also packs a punch while Slack Off gives it the longevity a weather and screens setter needs. It also has access to useful support moves such as Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin for role compression.

Last edited:
i did dat
Mega scizor is definitely one of the better ones. Its just scizor with 590 bst instead of 500. Mega evolve it to have scizo with 110 speed.

Blissey turns into eviolite chansey, but it can carry a leftovers and doesn't break when someone uses knockoff.

I was excited for some others, but I realized they counted as DNA fusions despite being in the same family.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Mega scizor is definitely one of the better ones. Its just scizor with 590 bst instead of 500. Mega evolve it to have scizo with 110 speed.

Blissey turns into eviolite chansey, but it can carry a leftovers and doesn't break when someone uses knockoff.

I was excited for some others, but I realized they counted as DNA fusions despite being in the same family.
Hm... Duosion/Reuniclous sounds impressive too if retains the hability. 102/67/77/140/87/45 and Magic Guard is really nice. Alakazam/Kadabra has good stats but bad habilities with 62/57/52/142/97/127 and mega with 62/57/72/182/97/157. Actually most mons that have megas can benefit from this since they don't care much about base hability as they will most likely mega (So who cares about Blaze if you're gonna be Droight). Also can fix some Type problems like Zard now being able to become only 2x weak to rock (It didn't have any good Flying STABs anyways) I can see that becoming a slate in the future where we can only fuse mons with their prevos.

Also I think Chansey/Blissey is illegal cause HP gets higher then 255.

Hm... Duosion/Reuniclous sounds impressive too if retains the hability. 102/67/77/140/87/45 and Magic Guard is really nice. Alakazam/Kadabra has good stats but bad habilities with 62/57/52/142/97/127 and mega with 62/57/72/182/97/157. Actually most mons that have megas can benefit from this since they don't care much about base hability as they will most likely mega (So who cares about Blaze if you're gonna be Droight). Also can fix some Type problems like Zard now being able to become only 2x weak to rock (It didn't have any good Flying STABs anyways) I can see that becoming a slate in the future where we can only fuse mons with their prevos.

Porygon2+Porygon-Z also seems pretty decent, Adaptability+Download or Adaptability+Trace could potentially make for some very good abilities, and they wouldn't work well with others for the same ability because there's only one other Pokemon with Download outside of the line (Genesect), Adaptability is an HA on most things with it (Gumshoos, Crawdaunt), and the two things that have it available as non-Hidden aren't that good (Basculin and Eevee).

TMan87

Didn't look into detail, but wouldn't DNA-fused Magezone/Magneton be interesting as well ?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Even if there wasn't a rule against it, they couldn't fuse anyway, since they are both female and neither are in undiscovered egg group.

So how does one ensure the mons they make aren't broken for a mod with an unset meta? There's no tier chart to know what to strive for, no replays to watch.

Either way, I made nerfs and added sprites.

So how does one ensure the mons they make aren't broken for a mod with an unset meta? There's no tier chart to know what to strive for, no replays to watch.

Either way, I made nerfs and added sprites.
There's no real method, I find. For me it's just gut feeling. Try to make an ability that gives the Pokemon a niche without making you think "this ability is really strong". This Mod has a lot of power creep, so getting the ability balance can be hard at first.

Example: Galion-Z's Adapting Body: After one turn of being in weather, this fairly average Pokemon gets Adaptability and recovery. This gives the Pokemon a niche by using a fun ability, without breaking the Pokemon. Rock and Steel-types resist both of its STABs, its average speed makes it easy to revenge kill and its lack of raw power makes it easy to wall. The Pokemon is good because of its ability, by far from broken.

Didn't look into detail, but wouldn't DNA-fused Magezone/Magneton be interesting as well ?
IMO same family fusions are only worth it if its a regular fusion where they benefit from the double ability boost. Otherwise if you are going to DNA fuse anyway why not just pick something with 600 to fuse with? Magnezone + Heatran creates a pokemon with a higher bst and offers a life saving ability.

A DNA fusion gets +40, but its a bit like surgery as you get to choose the perfect movepool and stat spread and then fix them up in the exact way needed.

Regular fusions get +60, but it spreads all around and will probably end up in two stats you didn't need it in, making it often feel like a badly distributed 40. Of course sometimes this isn't true at all, and sometimes the marriage of two abilities by far outweighs the boost in stats.

To give an example, fusing scizor with celesteela yields an average of 550 between the two, with a final 590 bst. Fusing scizor with scyther yields an average 500 between the two, with a final 590 bst. Since double ability fusions yield such high bsts, how the stats get averaged before the boosts becomes the important factor.

Also blissey's hp being to high is a shame. I was wondering why I couldn't calculate it in the showdown calculator.

MOAR TAPUS

Parents: Glaceon and Tapu Lele
Name: Tapu Glaci
Type: Ice/Fairy
Ability: Icy Surge: Sets Icy Terrain upon entry. Icy Terrain powers up all grounded Pokemon's Ice-type moves by 50%, weakens all grounded Pokemon's Fire-type moves by 50%, prevents all grounded Pokemon from getting burned, and makes all grounded Pokemon's Ice-type moves super effective on Water-types. Nature Power becomes Ice Beam and Secret Power has a chance to flinch target. Aurora Veil is usable in Icy Terrain.
Stats: 70 (+3)/75 (+3)/95 (+3)/130/115 (+10)/85 (+5) (BST: 570) (+24)
Notable moves: Moonblast, Ice Beam, Calm Mind, Baton Pass, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Heal Bell, Aurora Veil, Wish, Nature's Madness
Role: Powerful special attacker. Icy Terrain allows Tapu Glaci to power through bulky waters. It doesn't have much coverage for Fire-types, and Moonblast is a pretty redundant STAB, but Focus Blast takes care of Steels pretty well. It also has good bulk despite its crap defensive typing, which makes support sets viable with Aurora Veil, Wish, and/or Heal Bell.

Parents: Scizor and Tapu Bulu
Name: Tapu Zoro
Type: Steel/Fairy
Ability: Metallic Surge: Sets Metallic Terrain upon entry. Metallic Terrain powers up all grounded Pokemon's Steel-type moves by 50%, weakens all grounded Pokemon's moves with >90 BP by 33%, powers up all grounded Pokemon's moves with <60 BP by 50%, and weakens all grounded Pokemon's Fire-type moves by 50%. Nature Power becomes Flash Cannon and Secret Power can raise user's Defense by one stage.
Stats: 70/130/115 (+8)/75 (+5)/95 (+8)/85 (+15) (BST: 570) (+36)
Notable moves: Bullet Punch, U-turn, Roost, Defog, Superpower, Knock Off, Rock Tomb, Wood Hammer, Whirlwind, Leech Seed, Nature's Madness, Zen Headbutt, Megahorn, Iron Head, Horn Leech, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Taunt, Reflect, Agility, Baton Pass
Role: Tank that can take hits on both sides and strike back with boosted Bullet Punches. Recovery, Defog, Taunt, and Leech Seed are great; a lack of Fairy STAB is not. Godlike defensive typing. Also has SD, Agility, Bulk Up to set up and sweep. Specially defensive Bulk Up/Roost/Bullet Punch/filler could be good. Can run offensive, wall, or in between. Basically a Steel-type Tapu Bulu with better Speed and powerful priority. Kills other Tapus that aren't named Lele with Bullet Punch, and kills Lele with Iron Head. Mega isn't necessary. In fact I request this thing not have a mega at all.

The working man's unicorn
Parents: Rapidash and Mudsdale
Shared egg group: Field
Offspring name: Rapidale
New type: Fire/Ground
New base stats: 92 / 122 / 95 / 77 / 92 / 80 (BST 558)
New ability and desc: (Flash Fire+Stamina) Burning Spirit - This Pokemon is immune to Fire-type attacks. Raises Defense by 1 stage when hit by a Physical or Fire-type move.
Notable moves: Flame Charge, Poison Jab, Bounce, Megahorn, Flare Blitz, Smart Strike, Wild Charge, Will-O-Wisp, Substitute, Low Kick, Hypnosis, Morning Sun, Bulldoze, High Horsepower, Heavy Slam, Earthquake, Superpower, Agility, Rock Tomb, Facade, Low Sweep, Payback, Rock Slide, Roar, Close Combat
Role identification: While you could run Rapidale as a bulky Assault Vest attacker, you lose out on the best thing it has over Mudsdale: recovery. Morning Sun plus getting tougher each time you're hit means that Rapidale is an excellent answer to most of the powerful physical sweepers running around. It's got quite a bit of interesting coverage and access to Roar and Hypnosis as well, if you want some utility.

The most fashionable bug that isn't a bug
Parents: Ribombee and Vivillon
Shared egg group: Bug
Offspring name: Vivibee
New type: Fairy/Flying
New base stats: 80 / 63 / 65 / 102 / 70 / 116 (BST 496)
New ability and desc: (Shield Dust+Compound Eyes) Dust Storm - Moves with secondary effects used by this Pokemon have their accuracy and effect chance increased by 30%.
Notable moves: Draining Kiss, Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Powder, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Aromatherapy, Quiver Dance, U-Turn, Psychic, Energy Ball, Infestation, Calm Mind, Roost, Pollen Puff, Dazzling Gleam, Baton Pass, Moonblast.
Role identification: Hurricane as a STAB move with 91% accuracy and a 40% chance to confuse is all the Flying moves this thing needs. Add a suite of status effects, a workable speed tier, the best boosting move in the game, and recovery and you can see why that shallow movepool won't hold Vivibee back.

Flapflapflapflap
Parents: Ninjask and Vikavolt
Shared Egg Group: Bug
Offspring Name: Ninjavolt
New Type: Electric/Flying
New Base Stats: 79 / 90 / 77 / 107 / 72 / 111 (BST 536)
New Ability: (Levitate+Speed Boost) Elusive - This Pokemon's speed increases by 1 stage at the end of each turn. It also takes 1/2 damage from moves that go second.
Notable Moves: Acrobatics, Thunderbolt, Air Slash, X-Scissor, Sky Drop, Poison Jab, Wild Charge, Energy Ball, Thunder, Volt Switch, Flash Cannon, Roost, Thunder Wave, Electroweb, Crunch, Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Leech Life, U-Turn, Shadow Ball, Toxic, Night Slash
Role Identification: None of Ninjavolt's offensive stats are especially good in this meta compared to some of the real monsters here, though 90/107/111 isn't a terrible offensive spread. But thanks to Elusive is can actually serve as a tank with an interesting weakness in priority. As long as the attacker goes after Ninjavolt (almost guaranteed after a few turns) their damage is halved, giving it an effective defensive spread of 79/154/144 and a solid defensive typing.

Plumeria as a Pokemon
Parents: Scrafty and Lopunny
Shared Egg Group: Field
Offspring Name: Scrapunny
New Type: Normal/Dark
New Base Stats: 75 / 93 / 109 / 59 / 115 / 91 (BST 542)
New Ability: (Rivalry+Moxie) Mean Girl - Raises Attack by 1 stage whenever a Pokemon of the same gender enters battle. This also triggers when switching in on such a Pokemon.
Notable Moves: Return, Facade, Bounce, Quick Attack, High Jump Kick, Baton Pass, Healing Wish, Charm, Low Sweep, Thunder Wave, Fake Out, Circle Throw, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Low Kick, Sky Uppercut, Cosmic Power, Switcheroo, Crunch, Head Smash, Dragon Claw, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Dragon Tail, Poison Jab, Snarl, Roar, Bulk Up, Taunt, Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, Zen Headbutt
Role Identification: Lopunny's traded in the cute for a more punk look. Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, and Crunch are the MVP additions here, with Crunch handling the Psychics that might otherwise switch in expecting you to mega evolve and Drain Punch providing the recovery Lopunny's always wanted. You have three different boosting options, with varying degrees of offense and defense, and all of them could see use depending on how Scrapunny is played.

Mega Scrapunny
New Type: Normal/Fighting
New Base Stats: 75 / 153 / 119 / 59 / 115 / 121
New Ability: Scrappy
Notable Moves:
Role Identification: Stonger, faster, with better defensive and offensive typing thanks to Scrappy, Scrapunny doesn't need to fight dirty anymore! Dragon Dance can remedy the lack of speed compared to Mega Lopunny, or Drain Punch+Cosmic Power can be run to act as a pseudo-tank while Circle Throwing anyone who tries to set up on you with your perfect coverage.

These two can breed?!
Parents: Araquanid and Malamar
Shared Egg Group: Water
Offspring Name: Malaquanid
New Type: Dark/Bug
New Base Stats: 87 / 91 / 100 / 69 / 113 / 67 (BST 527)
New Ability: (Water Bubble+Contrary) Contra-Bubble - Reverses the effectiveness of Fire and Water attacks on all active Pokemon, and the effects of burn on this Pokemon.
Notable Moves: Foul Play, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Payback, Superpower, Topsy-turvy, Hypnosis, Taunt, Facade, Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, Destiny Bond, Infestation, Leech Life, Crunch, Lunge, Liquidation, Scald, X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Waterfall
Role Identification: Designed to hold Flame Orb, burns heal it slightly each turn, doubles damage done with physical moves, and make it immune to other status, allowing it to use its variety of physical and status moves to their fullest extent. It's still slow and somewhat frail, so getting its incredibly powerful moves off might be a problem outside Trick Room without scarfing it. Should probably run Rock Slide to deal with Fire-types since your water moves are resisted, the trade-off for resisting fire

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Parents: Tapu Bulu + Zygarde
Offspring Name: Tapu-Garde
New Type: Fairy/Ground
New Base Stats: 91 (+2)/135 (+20)/118/83/96 (+1)/102 (+17)
New Ability: Pure-Earth Surge (Summons Pure Terrain for 5 turns. Ground power is boosted by 1.5x. This overrides and suppresses all sources of terrain, weather, and aura while it is active; Grassy Terrain + Aura Break)
Key Moves: Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Superpower, Extreme Speed, Dragon Dance, Coil, Leech Seed
Role Identification: Thousand Waves transforms from the most spammable move into the MOST spammable move, especially since Pure Terrain can't be overrode. Waves is just as powerful, and can make game-ending setup with Dragon Dance or Coil easy by trapping disadvantaged opponents. Even if it lacks Play Rough, its coverage and boosting options make it deadly.

Parents: Xurkitree + Aegislash
New Type: Electric/Ghost
New Base Stats: 71/69/110/131 (+20)/110/91 (+20) (BST: 582)
New Ability: Phantom Plug (Using a non-damaging move boosts the user's highest defensive stat by one stage, and using a damaging move boosts the user's highest offensive stat by one stage; Beast Boost + Stance Change.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)