SM Ubers Frostbite [Peak #1 & 2] 41-3

Introduction:
Hi everyone! It has been a has been a couple months since I joined the Smogon community and it's been great so far. I had the idea of creating my first RMT using my most successful S&M ubers team that stars Kyurem-White. What better time to show off the usage of an ice themed mon than around around Christmas.The overall team is balance based but can also incorporate an offensive presence that many seek in a team. This is arguably the best play style due to it's ability to bounce back from hax and/or misplays. Like any other team, it has its struggles with some common threats but its ability to offer so much potential and fun makes up for that. The team managed to help me peak rank 1 and I find that to be a huge achievement as my first RMT. This is by far my favorite personal ubers team and I hope you all enjoy it too :). Lets get right to it!​

Proof of Peak: (I own Paycard and Froze Alt)

Additional Laddering on Alt:

Team-building Process

Primarily I had a desire to use Kyurem-White since I noticed how well it can do on teams and against HO. In addition I just think it's a badass/fun mon to use

Due to an increase of mons such as solgaleo and arceus fairy, I wanted I mon that that tank the hits mons along those lines dish out while being able to hit back even harder. Ho-oh was the perfect option due to it also covering Kyurem's steel and fairy weaknesses.

Offensive Ybird had been a growing threat in ubers and I needed a mon that checks it very well. While Kyurem does beat it, I also needed a mon that could switch into it with ease. Magearna is also a reliable check to the majority of set up abusers which can be a struggle for most teams that aren't prepared.

Lunala was more of a random addition due to the fact that I just wanted an underused set to apply offensive pressure to bulky based teams. It pairs pretty well with magearna due to yveltal being a common switch into it. The ability to spam an overpowered move that almost nothing can resist is a really nice filler for the team.

Arceus dark is probably my favorite Arceus when it comes to support. I provides my team with the much needed ghost resist and form of hazard removal. Additionally, if something were to go wrong, it provides another mean of a dark resist and is bulky enough to tank most physical attacks. Being weak to only fairy, fighting, and bug is covered by ho-oh and magearna easily.

Primal Groudon was the final addition to the team but it left me a bit unsure. Due to all of its moves having a chance of missing, other than stealth rocks, I was reluctant to adding my particular pdon set to the team. BUT if still provides an incredibly useful way of crippling mons such as ybird, arceus water/dragon/etc, and much more. Giving me a much needed kyogre check also helps. I may opt to changing it to lugia (I hate using lugia) and changing arceus to rocks over will-o. I will see

In Depth:

Walls? (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Flare
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge
Ahhh the star of the team. Kyurem-White seems to be a really underestimated/underrated mon. It's ability to outspeed psychic spam abusers, groundceus, and much more with choice scarf allows it to be very versatile in the meta. It's access to an incredibly strong stab ice beam and Draco provides me with a way of destroy most teams that aren't prepared for this threat. Fusion Flare allows me to punish Magearna, Solgaleo, and rare forms of arceus steel. At first I had dragon pulse/ earthpower in the fourth slot but then I realized it had access to stone edge which can prove very useful. While it is a new addition to the set, I provides me with an alternative way of beating ho-oh.

We Burn that (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Recover
Ho-oh has always had a huge presence in the in the Ubers tier, whether it was used a hard hitting kamikaze turkey or just a stuffed up stalling turkey. I decided to mix up the best of both worlds on this pretty standard LO set. Ho-oh Provide me with a way of dealing with hard hitting mons such as lunala (if not specs), xerneas, and some forms of arceus. The spread outspeed most pdons that have 0 speed investment, speed creeps on other ho-oh's that only have 4 EVs in speed and practically any stall abusing mons other than lugia. Having that said, since the team struggles with stall, this set helps me wear down any forms of stall and give myself a fighting chance. Either you burn them, nuke them with brave bird or toxic them, ho-oh is a great mon for crippling stall

We change that (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave
By far one of my favorite additions to the team and overall mons from S&M. The amount of utility magearna offers to my team and ubers as a whole is ridiculously good. Magearna is arguably the BEST xern check/counter and can even possibly beat baton pass (haven't been able to test that theory yet). Fleur Cannon hits like a trick without investment and really does put a dent in most mons that dont have recovery. Pain split isn't as essential since I haven't had much use for it, although it has saved me a couple times. Heart Swap is the go to move for magearna due to the usage it has. I have used it to either swap my sp.att drops to my opponent or just plain out take all their positive stat changes. This is primarily essential for Xerneas and other mons that rely on set up moves like CM. Thunder wave is well.. thunder wave. Not much to say about how it works and saves people in sticky situations. Overall a great mon.

We Break That (Lunala) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
Hands down my favorite mon from Gen 7. This mon was bashed on for so much such as "being 4x weak to dark and ghost", "having a bad ability", etc. This mon is anything but awful and I love it. At first I spammed a scarf set on separate teams but then I realized I can do better with specs if used with a good core. This spread allows me utilize the max damage output for Lunala's most spammable moves while outspeed most bulky threats such as pdon, ho-oh (if not max speed), arceus without speed investment (such as support), and more. Moongeist beam on this set nukes practically everything baring arceus dark, yveltal, and any normal/dark types in the tier. Other than that, I have either one shot, or 2HKOd the majority of the meta. Psyshock allows me to punish those bulky mons that really on their high sp.def and 2HKO them with or without rocks, depends on the mons. Ice beam isn't as useful but it has helped against mons such as arceus ground, mence, and the rising threat, zygarde. Focus Blast allows me to of course hit what moongeist beam struggles to do. I'll post some calcs below.

We Judge that (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
Arceus is practically the most reliable support mon in the whole game and for obvious reasons. I personally chose to run arceus dark due to my huge weakness towards ghost types such as opposing Lunalas. This set runs just enough speed to outspeed major physical threat such as mega-lucario, solgaleo, rayquaza, and more. Defog is of course for hazard removal and will-o is to cripple and physical threats that think they switch in for free. People have a knack for switching in their lucarios for a potential justified boost without thinking of the possibility of will-o. Overall a straightforward but great mon at the same time.

We shake that (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
Probably the most spammed mon in ubers and the equivalent of lando-T in OU during ORAS. This is the more disgusting of the pdon sets out there and I personally love it. Its my only real ho-oh switch in but even then it struggles against banded brave birds and EQs. This set sponges most physical hits along with out speeding most opposing Pdons. Rocks are standard for almost any forms of Pdon along with Precimiss Blades. The real kicker of the set is thunder-wave + rock slide. It's quite hated but man is it useful. Despite the recent T-wave nerf, the fact you can slow down your opponent and possibly flinch them into range of Precimiss Blades is really nice.

Conclusion
Overall the team is incredibly fun to play around with and provides a competitive aspect many seek. It does struggle with well built stall team along with stick web offense but other than that, you're good to go. If you feel as though the though the team needs some tweaking then go ahead and leave a comment :]. Thank You got viewing my first team build post!

Calcs:​
Lunala-
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 297-351 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 246-289 (59.2 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 186-219 (44.8 - 52.7%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Yveltal: 340-402 (86.5 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 384-452 (86.4 - 101.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lunala Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 184-217 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Kyurem-White-
4 Atk Turboblaze Kyurem-White Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 368-436 (88.6 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Threat list:
While I do have it on my team, I really do hate facing this mon due to it's move pool. At the same time though, practically all of the others are scarf so ho-oh, magearna, and arceus check it pretty well
If this thing is lum SD (which is quite rare), you might as well leave if you let it set up at full health. I have no way of phasing it out and it completely runs through my team. I have thought about adding defensive Ybird but I have no idea what to swap for it. Either way, this is the largest threat to my team

SD arceus ground is to, an extent, easier to deal with since I do have a chance to beat it. At the same time, I am guaranteed to lose a mon if it set up an SD without me getting a will-o on it. It outspeeds darkceus and if it has a z move, it guarantees a kill on my arceus and lunala

Not as much of a concern but you better hope you still have pdon, kyurem, and lunala in the back to help deal with it. Lunala can usually 2 shot it while out speeding it, depending on the spread, though so that's good to know

These two specific mons when paired with uber god squads are a real pain. I have no forms of taunt or magic coat. Due to that, they easily abuse the team with hazards and make the threats that follow behind them a lot more difficult to deal with. Shuckle is the bigger threat due to its access to webs, encore, toxic, rocks, and the overall fact that it doesn't die.

Most people play careless with their pdon (not saying I don't) but it can still be tough to deal with. if its T-wave with rocks then hazards are basically guranteed to stay up against you. Duo Dance is a threat to Every team so it's pretty common to lose against it if you let it set up (not like you'll have a choice if magearna/arceus is on your side of the field).

Stall in general is tough to beat so goodluck if you face it. Use lunala well and you should win

Importable:
Walls? (Kyurem-White) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Flare
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

We Burn that (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic
- Recover

We change that (Magearna) @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave

We Break That (Lunala) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

We Judge that (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

We shake that (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
This is a bit of a tricky team to try and rate. First of all, I dont particularly like Kyurem, as a wallbreaker I much prefer things like Deoxys-A, which outspeeds everything anyway and can also change moves, or something that does other things for my team as well as wallbreak (ie Lunala, Xerneas, Yveltal with their defensive niches). Also Scarf Kyurem gets rid of the big advantage Kyurem has, it's sheer power. And, as a scarfer, it fails at a few things I want my scarfers to do (namely, resist/be immune to espeed so that Ekiller/Deo-a/Ray cant just kill u anyway, not be rocks weak and have the bulk if necessary to live a hit from something dangerous that has set up).

A well played kyogre with a good dark in the back beats the vast majority of this team with minimal effort. It walls Scarf-Kyurem, Beats Magearna one on one (altho it would take a fair while), if it's faster than Ho-oh (via speed creep) then ho-oh also loses, your arceus cant touch it and Pdon on its own is not reliable due to its tendancy to get worn down. Also Calm Mind looks a fantastic late game cleaner if Lunala is out of the way.

So the first thing I'll say about this is make Ho-oh faster. Realistically, you have Magearna, you dont need Ho-oh to be nearly that bulky, and it can put a lot more pressure on balanced teams by virtue of its wallbreaking if it outspeeds more things, like some Geoxerns, Pdons, Solgaleos, ext, while if u go max speed adamant it will also reliably revenge kill Kyogre, even incredibly bulky ones, with a small amount of chip damage.

Second, change Kyurem from Choice Scarf to Choice Specs. This makes its damage output with Draco Meteor much higher, and Specs Ice Beam spam against Balance puts in work against the Teams Ho-oh doesn't (most notably vs Zygarde teams, which tend to be weak to Kyurem unless they're running a Toxapex). Scarf sacrifices too much power and doesn't do what you want your scarfer to do.

Third, you're now slow and have a specs user anyway, change Lunala from Specs to Scarf. Unlike Kyurem, it can actually take a hit or two thanks to Shadow Shield, it is immune to Espeed completely, and its not as easy to wear down. Helps ur team deal with a bunch of stuff, including but not limited to SD Arceus formes, Deo-a, Ray, Pheromosa and opposing Lunala/Solgaleo.

Fourth, I'm not sold on Darkceus as it is on this team. Its nice to have a ghost/dark resist, but it'd be nice to not be Neutral against fire. I'd like to suggest Dragceus here, although it does make u weaker to MGar/Yveltal.

Finally, consider adding Roar and Toxic for Rock Slide and Twave on Groudon. Salamence can be a problem, having something that can phaze it helps, although ideally the Supportceus would carry a way of hitting it and killing it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Truthfully you may as well just use Kyurem-B... the electric coverage helps against Kyogre and Waterceus as well as Ho-Oh, furthermore it has room for roost to overall just last a lot longer than Kyu-W while breaking the same things it does.

However for this team Rayquaza fits a lot better and fills in more roles; it gives another Ground immunity, possible set up mon, and priority move. Go mixed to mitigate a Zygarde weakness or run SD with Dclaw / ascent / espeed alongside Thunder Wave Ho-Oh. From experience twave Ho-Oh+Ray+pivot breaks teams that rely on support arceus fairly well, and then you can change Lunala to Scarf like pomman suggested for the offense matchup.

If keeping Kyurem for thematic reasons is important don't make the change suggested above. I must agree with Pomman again though to change your arceus forme to something that can check Salamence with STAB judge or ice beam, so -dragon -rock -water are your options here. Toxic is invaluable imo unless you decide on arceus rock, especially because your Pdon checks can be bypassed fairly easily. Meanwhile forgoing toxic can make your Arceus a prime set up target for CM sweepers.

additional things to consider:
- Keep Ho-Oh bulky. It checks Lunala and SD Lucario but beware of 4 attacks sets, though I think your team can handle it. Run thunder wave because it compliments a heavy hitter like Specs Kyu or Rayquaza and is great against mono-Geoxern and furthermore helps it and your team check Mega Lucario, Salamance, and other fast sweepers
- tweak around with Magearna EVs, after copying geomancy you may want to outspeed certain mons that threaten your team (such as ekiller). Consider substitute>twave as well, could ease a countersweep in a pinch. Toxic regardless is the best option for the last moveslot though, ground types are this thing's best checks and toxic is the only way to punish them hard (e: it doesnt get toxic apparently lol)
- roar on Groudon for offensive Geo Xerneas that carry coverage moves which can overwhelm Ho-Oh and Magearna.

Very nice team, hope I helped.

Last edited:
This is a bit of a tricky team to try and rate. First of all, I dont particularly like Kyurem, as a wallbreaker I much prefer things like Deoxys-A, which outspeeds everything anyway and can also change moves, or something that does other things for my team as well as wallbreak (ie Lunala, Xerneas, Yveltal with their defensive niches). Also Scarf Kyurem gets rid of the big advantage Kyurem has, it's sheer power. And, as a scarfer, it fails at a few things I want my scarfers to do (namely, resist/be immune to espeed so that Ekiller/Deo-a/Ray cant just kill u anyway, not be rocks weak and have the bulk if necessary to live a hit from something dangerous that has set up).

A well played kyogre with a good dark in the back beats the vast majority of this team with minimal effort. It walls Scarf-Kyurem, Beats Magearna one on one (altho it would take a fair while), if it's faster than Ho-oh (via speed creep) then ho-oh also loses, your arceus cant touch it and Pdon on its own is not reliable due to its tendancy to get worn down. Also Calm Mind looks a fantastic late game cleaner if Lunala is out of the way.

So the first thing I'll say about this is make Ho-oh faster. Realistically, you have Magearna, you dont need Ho-oh to be nearly that bulky, and it can put a lot more pressure on balanced teams by virtue of its wallbreaking if it outspeeds more things, like some Geoxerns, Pdons, Solgaleos, ext, while if u go max speed adamant it will also reliably revenge kill Kyogre, even incredibly bulky ones, with a small amount of chip damage.

Second, change Kyurem from Choice Scarf to Choice Specs. This makes its damage output with Draco Meteor much higher, and Specs Ice Beam spam against Balance puts in work against the Teams Ho-oh doesn't (most notably vs Zygarde teams, which tend to be weak to Kyurem unless they're running a Toxapex). Scarf sacrifices too much power and doesn't do what you want your scarfer to do.

Third, you're now slow and have a specs user anyway, change Lunala from Specs to Scarf. Unlike Kyurem, it can actually take a hit or two thanks to Shadow Shield, it is immune to Espeed completely, and its not as easy to wear down. Helps ur team deal with a bunch of stuff, including but not limited to SD Arceus formes, Deo-a, Ray, Pheromosa and opposing Lunala/Solgaleo.

Fourth, I'm not sold on Darkceus as it is on this team. Its nice to have a ghost/dark resist, but it'd be nice to not be Neutral against fire. I'd like to suggest Dragceus here, although it does make u weaker to MGar/Yveltal.

Finally, consider adding Roar and Toxic for Rock Slide and Twave on Groudon. Salamence can be a problem, having something that can phaze it helps, although ideally the Supportceus would carry a way of hitting it and killing it.

Hope this helps!
Honestly it was more of a winter themed ubers team in a way. Primarily I saw how much scarf kyurem can do to primarily HO teams along with even balance. I thought about switching it to specs and making luna my scarf abuser instead but I feel like that would take away from the ability luna has. Being able to 2HKO or 1 shot literally everything barring chansey and blissey (unless they switch in on rocks) is amazing in itself. It is still a option I am considering though so I will look into that and see how it works out. I am leaning to changing the pdon set as well because all of its moves (except SR) have a high 15% chance to miss and that can be frustrated when it can cost me wins. Others than I appreciate the advice. Thank You !

Hey , Nice team you have there. It was looking good for me But on the Other side it have some Threats which are common. Yes , I am talking about Lum Ekiller , Pdon and Lunala. Idk why people Hates Defensive Charti Berry Yveltal but it is the best set in this generation. I noticed people didn't really care about Ekillers anymore and aren't putting any checks for them. Defensive Charti Berry Yveltal can easily Solve Your problem because it Can tank Solgaleo attacks , It can Sucker Punch CM Lunala and Scarf Lunala which can Moonblast your DarkCeus and a Solid Ekiller check. Yveltal can also Check all of the physical threats in this Gen , Please Believe me. I saw some People Suggesting Offensive Yveltal set all the times but Defensive Charti Yveltal works better than them if you Have threats. Remove Kyurem and add this Yveltal. Because your Ho-Oh and Lunala can wall break , you don't need any Wallbreaker anymore. Also I saw You using DarkCeus. You forgot to include Ho-Oh in your Threat list ( Pdon can get troller by the sub Sets easily ). So I suggest you to run Arceus-Water which can Defog + Can Tank and Beat Ho-Oh. WaterCeus also removes your Weakness against Opposing Pdons. Primal Kyogre can KO sweep your team so I suggest you to run SpDefensive Mixed Primal Groudon with Toxic. Pdon with Stealth Rock and Toxic with Mixed sets can troll the Opposing defoggers. Believe me , This works perfectly on your team. Try it out. Also , Keep doing good RMT's like this :)

Truthfully you may as well just use Kyurem-B... the electric coverage helps against Kyogre and Waterceus as well as Ho-Oh, furthermore it has room for roost to overall just last a lot longer than Kyu-W while breaking the same things it does.

However for this team Rayquaza fits a lot better and fills in more roles; it gives another Ground immunity, possible set up mon, and priority move. Go mixed to mitigate a Zygarde weakness or run SD with Dclaw / ascent / espeed alongside Thunder Wave Ho-Oh. From experience twave Ho-Oh+Ray+pivot breaks teams that rely on support arceus fairly well, and then you can change Lunala to Scarf like pomman suggested for the offense matchup.

If keeping Kyurem for thematic reasons is important don't make the change suggested above. I must agree with Pomman again though to change your arceus forme to something that can check Salamence with STAB judge or ice beam, so -dragon -rock -water are your options here. Toxic is invaluable imo unless you decide on arceus rock, especially because your Pdon checks can be bypassed fairly easily. Meanwhile forgoing toxic can make your Arceus a prime set up target for CM sweepers.

additional things to consider:
- Keep Ho-Oh bulky. It checks Lunala and SD Lucario but beware of 4 attacks sets, though I think your team can handle it. Run thunder wave because it compliments a heavy hitter like Specs Kyu or Rayquaza and is great against mono-Geoxern and furthermore helps it and your team check Mega Lucario, Salamance, and other fast sweepers
- tweak around with Magearna EVs, after copying geomancy you may want to outspeed certain mons that threaten your team (such as ekiller). Consider substitute>twave as well, could ease a countersweep in a pinch. Toxic regardless is the best option for the last moveslot though, ground types are this thing's best checks and toxic is the only way to punish them hard (e: it doesnt get toxic apparently lol)
- roar on Groudon for offensive Geo Xerneas that carry coverage moves which can overwhelm Ho-Oh and Magearna.

Very nice team, hope I helped.
The idea for Kyurem-B is very useful and I will look into because I have struggled with kyogre at some points. I have thought about about t wave ho-oh but I choose toxic due to the threats in CM arceus ground, Support Arceus water, and even pdon. The main change I am considering though would be roar on pdon due to the fact I have no means of phasing out threats such as mence and ekiller. I appreciate the tips and yes, it helped a lot :]. Thank you!

Additionally, my only Accounts are Froze Alt and Paycard, any other account who says they are me is well, a fraud lol

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I'm here to give you a rate.

The first thing I noticed with this team is that you've stacked three mons that really dislike SR and the extent of your anti-hazard support is an Arceus-Dark, which can't really immediately threaten the most common SR setter in the tier. You don't even have something like Spikes to incentivize opposing balances to Defog. This team also has major issues against BO / Balance powerhouses such as Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre. Ho-Oh comes in on half this team and you don't have a great way to switch into it. This team really needs to cut down on its Ho-Oh weak mons and add another switch-in so that Primal Groudon isn't worn down nearly as quickly. Same logic applies to P Ogre, which actually threatens even more.

Using a balance team with Kyurem-W and Arceus-Dark makes fitting Ho-Oh counter play difficult. This combination pretty much kills all of your options for Ho-Oh checks because Arceus is used, and Zygarde-C / Mega Mence stacks weaknesses. You might be able to do something like Kyurem-W + Arceus-Dark + Primal Kyogre, but I've found such a team ends up choosing between being Xern weak or SD Arc weak, and still doesn't totally fix the problems I addressed. You could opt for something like Mega Slowbro over Lunala since your Dark and Ghost resists are covered pretty well, and this strengthens you against SD Arc, Ho-Oh, and P Ogre.

Another option I considered was using Giratina-O over Lunala and Arceus-Water over Arceus-Dark. Again this improves matchup against SD Arc, Ho-Oh, and P Ogre. You still have iron clad defense against Xerenas and decent ways to handle darks, but you lose a Ghost resist. However, with the combination of Sneak Gira-O, bulky Ho-Oh, and Mage (SpD mon that sheds a lot of responsibility if the opponent doesn't have like a Xern) the Ghost defense is workable. There shouldn't be any substantial troubles with stall. I see one Ho-Oh check that stall teams can employ that this Ho-Oh set doesn't have a great way around:Zygarde-C, which can be circumvented via Kyurem-W or Arceus-Water. Your staying power against Toxic is rather weak, but I'd argue that's a problem that is only fixed by changing the style of the build.

That's pretty much all I noticed. Kyurem-W does pull some slack against the offense matchup, but you could probably build something more sound if you dropped it. Good luck with the team.

I have taken in all the suggestions and created a team that is a mix of most of the inputs. I will upload the pb shortly. Thank you all for the help :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)