Frilly Dresses, Silly Hats

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Frilly Dresses, Silly Hats (version 1.0)

"Hats and Frills, Oh My!"

This team is an offensively oriented team, making use of the new weapons implemented on Shoddy, as well as some old standards, to put constant pressure on the opponent's defenses, while neutralizing their offenses through speed, leading to their eventual defeat.

This team, like all offensive teams is predicated on prediction - because it is difficult to switch into attacks, it is neccesary to successfuly predict to give my team opportunities to attack.

This team is inspired by the danmaku style of the Tōhō Purojekuto; it aspires to be a constant barrage of offense, in order to overwhelm the opponent. While I obviously cannot fill the Shoddy screen with pretty multicolored bullets in lovely patterns, I can make it so that you're constantly on your toes trying to defend against my attacks while attempting to mount one's own offense. that is the challenge of the Touhou games and that is the challenge my team seeks to present.

Team at a glance:

Konpaku Youmu (Deoxys-e) @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Reflect
---

Her talents are swordsmanship and speed. In the games, she is characterized by creating powerful danmaku with her sword slashes, and slowing time (this is not due to magic as one might expect, but because of time slowing around her body as she goes past at unimaginable speeds.)

This is a basic lead Deoxys-S; set up Rocks, Taunt opposing SR attempts, set up screens. Nothing new here.

The importance of this lead is, as you may expect, to make it easier for the rest of my team to set up to start the offensive assault. It makes it easier for Lucario to SD up, Salamence to Dragon Dance, or Tyranitar to Curse. Like Youmu, Deoxys-S takes full advantage of its speed.

Hinanai Tenshi (Tyranitar) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ability : Manipulation of the land

Tyranitar is a pokemon that benefits greatly from the dual screens. In conjunction with Curse and the Sandstorm boost, with Reflect and Light Screen up, Tyranitar is capable of tanking hits from all across the spectrum, then resting off the damage with Rest. Tyranitar serves both as a tankish sweeper and a status taker, which is vital to a team that is built on speed and power.

While Sandstorm hurts my team a bit, the way I play makes it so that the damage I take is worth negating Leftovers (which is a very important factor with Stealth Rock in play), breaking Focus Sashes, and helping to wear down the opposing team.

This is an amazing pokemon that can singlehandedly win games if played right. With a Reflect and a Curse, Tyranitar will shrug off super-effective physical attacks, even attacks like Scizor Bullet Punch. With two curses it is capable of surviving an unboosted Infernape Close Combat, among other things.

---

Shameimaru Aya (Shaymin-s) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As a tengu, she has power over the wind and is the most skilled flier in all of Gensokyo. Her bullets are extremely fast compared to most.

Shaymin is immensely important to my team in that its ability to outspeed all base 110 scarfers no matter what, as well as max speed Deoxys-S prevents opposing sweeps from doing significant damage to my team. Seed Flare is still enormously difficult to switch into, not just with the -2 SDef drop, but simply for its 180 base power. Like Aya, Shaymin-S is deadly with the wind with Air Slash, enabling me to take down pokemon such as Gyarados and Gengar.

---
Remiria Sukāretto (Heatran) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast

She is known as the Scarlet Devil as when she feeds, the blood of her victims stains her dress red.

Heatran's usefullness because of it's excellent resistances, stats and typing is well-documented. This is the standard Choice Scarf Heatran set. This is useful in both switching in and revenge killing many major threats, such as Scizor, Lucario (not a safe switch) and Mamoswine (again, not a safe switch). It also hits very, very hard, especially with a Flash Fire boost. I don't like Explosion - I'd rather try to keep it in play - but it's useful for taking out a pokemon late-game.

---

Ibuki Suika (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Ice Punch

. Despite her small size, she is strong in strength, speed, and mystic powers...

Like Suika, Lucario is a hard hitter. It benefits greatly from the screens set up by Deoxys-S, by allowing it to get one or more Swords Dances. Ice Punch allows it to beat it's traditional "counters" such as Gliscor and Zapdos, while continuing to threaten Celebi.

---

Furandōru Sukāretto (Salamence) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/180 Spd/78 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
---

Remilia's little sister, sealed away in the basement of the mansion for 495 years because of her destructive power.

Salamence, already a major threat, becomes an outright powerhouse with the additon of Outrage. Again making use of the Screens, in conjunction with Intimidate, I am able to Dragon Dance and immediately inflict severe damage. Flamethrower is obviously for steels; Fire Blast is really not needed and the lower accuracy is not welcome.

The way I use this team, particularly Lucario and Salamence, is in terms of a "kill count", or "How many kills can I get before this pokemon faints?" This leads me to play aggressively, looking to hopefully eliminate counters to my Scarfers and Tyranitar. With that in mind, I will willfully sacrifice a pokemon in order to clear the way for another.

Concerns:

I have a few problems with pure stall, especially teams with one or more phazers. Swampert is a particular issue, as most of my team is hit SE by its attacks. Tyranitar can beat it straight up by Cursing in its face and then Resting, but that situation is not ideal.

Stealth Rock is very painful with Salamence and Shaymin-S being weak to it.

Bulky grounds like Mamoswine and Donphan give me problems - the Ground/Ice combo hits 5/6 of my team super-effective. This is compounded by the fact that they use Ice Shard, negating my speed advantage.

Hey, I was wondering why is you Shaymin Timid. I mean, it's already scarfed, so wouldn't modest be better? I would personally use Skymin without a scarf because Seed Flare + Air Slash combo is awesome, but anyway whatever suits you.

As for the Ground+Ice weakness you could try Gyarados over Salamence. Gyara loves to DD behind the screens, just don't switch him into choice banded stone edges.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wha? I meant to make it Modest.

You make a good point but Gyara doesn't have the OHKOing power that Mence does. I will consider it though.

I didn't doubt Salamence's ability to hit hard, but you said you have problems with bulky grounds. Gyarados is the only offensive pokemon I can think of that can switch into Donphan, Hippowdon and to some extend Mamoswine(Intimitade and reflect help to soak up those stone edges) and set up on them.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I feel obligated to post in such interesting topic.

To avoid adding another Flying-type into the team and consequently allowing opposing Stealth Rock to be a real pain, Salamence seems to be the desirable replacement for Gyarados; an eye for an eye. Incidentally, I feel that Gyarados is the suitable replacement for Salamence's relegation. Darklord gave you the perfect alternative. If you are more than comfortable using Salamence and Heatran to shrug off those difficult Earthquake and Ice Shard combinations with prediction, then continue as you are now; otherwise, the Gyarados transfer is essential.

Initially, I would have recommended the standard, Leftovers Gyarados with a three-pronged attack; Waterfall, Stone Edge and Earthquake being the primary attacking options. But seeing as how you are relunctant to replace Salamence with Gyarados because you feel that Gyarados doesn't have the necessary "OHKOing" power that Salamence has, perhaps Life Orb is the way to go? Life Orb is the essential key to inflict that extra damage you're looking for, as sometimes you just want to wear down the opposing stall team as much as you can with your independant sweepers. You mentioned that heavy stall is a potent threat to your team, so that further increases the value of Life Orb. However, a Sleep Talk + Rest Gyarados with Dragon Dance has the defensive duties for those pesky Ice Shard and Earthquake duos, and welcomes status from the opponent to boot; this idea isn't suitable for the strategy of your team and can only slow it down, plus Stealth Rock remains to be an issue.

Which ever way you choose (I assume you will give both a try, should you even bother to in the first place), keep the EV spread simple and identicle / similar: 252 EVs in both Attack and Speed.

Gyarados is your immediate switch-in to the likes of Hippowdon, Swampert and Mamoswine, though the latter may catch you off-guard with a Life Orbed Stone Edge; one that may prove to be costly. heh, I guess we're making an effort to terminate those difficulties for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)