SS OU Freebird - An Introduction to Regieleki Screens Hyper Offense.

Amir

Banned deucer.
INTRODUCTION:

Hello! My name is Amir, I'm a competitive pokemon player from late 2009, I've been playing through over 4 generations of pokemon competitively.
I am not really a person who shares their work on the forums, but I decided to engage in this fun new metagame.
Today I will be sharing this team I built around Screens Regieleki and Galarian Moltres, which is both a fun and powerful force not to be messed with.
Hopefully this team will open a new chapter to hyper offensive teams both on Ladder and in the Tournament scene.
I am very happy to share my very first RMT

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS:

"The Technological Revolution."

Regieleki is here, the idea that sparked while creating this HO as it can be seen as a combination of Deoxys-S and Koko. It is the screens setter for the team.

"The ground may tremble beneath us"

The next mon I placed here was lead Landorus-Therian as I needed a form of setting up hazards and maintaining offensive momentum, it doubles as a ground immunity.

"The ground may tremble above us"

With removal of hidden power Zygarde became one of the most strongest mons in the tier, capable of breaking teams and cores with ease, I opted for Coil + DD.

"I see you pursuing, would be a shame if a Calamity were to happen."

Magearna pairs beautifully both in defensive and offensive synergy with both Regieleki and Zygarde, capable of tanking ice and fairy moves Zygarde doesn't enjoy.

"Sometimes you got to run before you walk."

I was looking for another double dance mon that can fit both offensive and defensive rolls, checking rain and preventing Spectrier from auto winning vs this HO.

"Smile child while you can, before you get older and sadder."

Blacephalon is the final mon added to the team, it enjoys weakened holes in fat teams, as well as helping and takes advantage of any opening to get a sweep going.

"Take a chill pill my dude."

With the recent bans, Kyurem-Black was added to the team to ease breaking through fat cores with special walls and the clown was dropped to make room.

DEEPER ANALYSIS:

RHCP (Regieleki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 4 HP / 180 Def / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Electro Ball / Thunderbolt / Rapid Spin / Thunder Wave

Regieleki @ Light Clay
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 8 HP / 240 Def / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Electro Ball / Thunderbolt / Rapid Spin / Thunder Wave

The idea of screens Regieleki begins here, as one of the fastest pokemon in the tier coming with a speed stat of 548. This thing is fast. the simple idea here is to set up screens, boom and bring out another pokemon.

The EV spread here is ensuring that you live Rapid Spin + Earthquake from full by jolly lead Excadrill 100% of the time. (14.2% + 85.7% = 99.9%) While this might not matter at first as you are guaranteed to outspeed Excadrill even after a rapid spin, the only reason I created this EV spread is to break the Excadrill's sash.
Also the additional defense is used to give Genesect a SpA boost instead of attack boost.

Newer version:
Regieleki is probably considered one of the best pokemon in the tier, this is one of the reasons for why its so good. The pokemon allows super fast screens vs so many scarf pokemon, while also being able to tank so many hits from super strong pokemon in the tier.
The EV spread does as the following:
8 HP and 240 Defense allows you to avoid the KO from Rapid Spin Excadrill into Earthquake vs lead Drill. And now tanks LO EQ from Garchomp with reflect up.
216 Speed allows you to outspeed Modest Scarf 130s like Tapu Koko & Spectrier.
8 HP and the 44 SpD allows you tank hits from super strong special attackers in the tier such as choice specs Latios and modest specs Lele. granting both screens to go up before dying.

I EVEN MADE A POST HERE ON HE REGIELEKI THREAD HERE TALKING ABOUT THIS VERY SET: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/regieleki.3672219/post-8649021

For the other options: Rapid Spin is another option if you want to remove hazards from opposing lead landorus-T and Excadrill or clear t-spikes so feel free to add that, but I opted for Electro Ball as a way to apply pressure and chip to defog mons such as Skarmory, Zapdos and the Lati twins
After playing with the team a bit more I am indeed wrong about this as Electro Ball is weaker than Thunderbolt and I would recommend it here.
However if you still wanna use Electro ball; you can ensure the OHKO vs Toxapex and 2HKO Clefable.
Thunder Wave can be used to prevent things from getting out of hand vs turn 1 setup sweepers like DD Kyurem-Black and Dragapult. (I also find this to be the most useful out of all, especially to support Zygarde and Kyurem-B)

Judgement (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Explosion​

Standard lead Landorus-Therian, I wanted a fast and reliable rocker, with addition to focus sash and rock tomb give it a chance to defeat many pokemon such as pheromosa in a 1v1 situation most of the time by chipping and set up Stealth Rocks or removing the pokemon with Explosion, Rock Tomb is useful to break the sash vs Lead Excadrill and lower its speed as it may Rapid Spin turn 1 expecting rocks.

Whitesnake (Zygarde) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 192 HP / 144 Atk / 20 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute / Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows​

Zygarde is the main setup sweeper, I opted for the double dance set, as it utilizes the screens very effectively. Substitute is used to avoid getting statused by a multitude of pokemon in the tier such as Glare and Toxic. Coil gives zygarde the bulk it needs to 1v1 some pokemon such as Bulu and Landorus-T which are used as a common response to Zygarde. DD is very good versus fast teams and especially good right now as so many pokemon find difficulty dealing with Zygarde as whole.
The HP EVs allow Zygarde to set up 101 HP substitutes up to 5 times that prevent moves such as Seismic Toss and Night Shade from breaking. 152 speed EVs allow you to outspeed base 130s such as Tapu Koko and Spectrier after a dragon dance, 20 defense EVs prevent both max defense Skarmory and Ferrothorn from breaking the substitute with Body Press. The rest of the EVs were dumped into attack to maximize damage output while maintaining the bulk.

Ball Breaker (Magearna) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 24 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

Ball Breaker (Magearna) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 152 HP / 104 Def / 4 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind

Magearna is one of the best fairy types in the game, it serves as the dragon immunity and steel for the team and had excellent synergy with Zygarde, Blacephalon and Moltres-G.
I went with what I would consider as one of the most broken sets for Magearna, Shift Gear Stored power.
I noticed that because there are so many ground and fire types in the tier, Weakness Policy sounds very sensible for the item of choice.
The EV spread I made here allows Magearna to be faster than choice scarf genesect after a shift gear.
The new EV spread allows Magearna to outspeed Modest Specs Regieleki and Scarf Garchomp after a single Shift Gear.
The HP and Defense bulk allows Magearna to tank a choice scarf Landorus-Therian Earthquake from full health, as well as Earthquake from Scarf Garchomp after rocks.
The rest was dumped into SpA for offense.

Night Bird Flying (Moltres-Galar) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 72 HP / 12 Def / 216 SpA / 72 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Agility
- Fiery Wrath
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane​

Galarian Moltres is a pokemon that unfortunately got under appreciated and lacked the love it needed from GF, while it may have not received Roost it still has it's place on this team.
Galarian Moltres is a surprisingly bulk setup sweeper, I noticed many teams were using Spectrier as a way to break through fast teams and Moltres-Galar has the right typing and bulk to prevent that from happening.
Agility when combined with Berserk is what gives you the tools to demolish fast offensive teams.
Add on a sitrus berry and you can then have another opportunity to set up another SpA boost, similar to what everyone who wanted to use Sub Roost Moltres-G.
Unfortunately, Moltres lacks the coverage in a very lackluster movepool so Fiery Wrath and Hurricane were the moves of choice here. Hurricane is also great vs rain teams when combined with Moltres's insane special bulk giving it the option to hit 100% accurate Hurricanes under the rain.
The EV spread here is a little crazy, but very effective.
136 Speed EVs is where I started as a baseline, as I wanted to outspeed Modest Regieleki after setting up an Agility. 72 HP hit 339 a number that should take less damage from hail and sandstorm (please correct me if I am wrong), but it gave me a good baseline for spreading the other EVs.
72 SpD allows Moltres-G to live a Timid LO Moonblast by Tapu Lele from Full, without screens.
It also allows Moltres-G to tank a Modest Choice Specs Thunderbolt after rocks from Regieleki.
72 HP and 12 Defense allows Moltres-G to also live a Life Orb Close Combat from Pheromosa from full.
The rest was dumped into Special attack.

Cream (Kyurem-Black) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Weakness Policy
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 192 Atk / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

As of the recent Genesect, Naganadel and now Landorus-I ban, Kyurem-Black was added to the team. It can setup freely without worrying of Genesect revenge killing. Secondly, the team had recently been struggling to break vs teams containing Unaware Clefable. But thanks to the behemoth, It allows to make what first seems to be a nightmare to a dream allowing Kyurem-B to blast through fat, like a hot knife through butter.
The EVs here allow Kyurem to setup a 404 HP Substitute, 4 times, while the speed allows Kyurem-B to outspeed Jolly Excadrill, while the defense allows Kyurem-B to survive a Life Orb Close Combat from Pheromosa after rocks behind screens. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Attack for maximum damage output.

1604678535893.png

Death 13 (Blacephalon) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 8 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Flame Charge
- Flamethrower

I absolutely love this pokemon, ever since it was introduced in generation 7 the clown has kept a smile on my face for months and months to come, despite a metagame without Z-moves it still manages to hold its ground. The set I opted here was another double dancer, CM Flame charge, it is one of the pokemon that plays the rolls of chipping answers to Magearna and Moltres-Galar such as Toxapex and Tyranitar respectively.
The EV spread given here outspeeds Jolly Garchomp by 1 point, while having enough bulk to live a +1 TA from Zygarde under reflect.

Thank you for reading if you did, I hope you enjoy my team.

Team Importable:

Last edited:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
i have lsot every game w this team this shit lose to cinderace
and bu bulu w any special wall/whirlwind

overall fun tho i like moltres but the team is mid all due respect
at least its not cookie cutter shit
tauntless screener+rocker is shooting urself in the foot on ho

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
As of the recent Naganadel and Genesect ban, I have made a few temporary changes to the team:

Magearna no longer needs to outspeed Scarf Genesect. However, it has now be made to outspeed Scarf Urshifu after a SG boost and Zapdos without the boost, leaving room for a bit more SpA investment.

-->

Blacephalon has now been changed to Kyurem-Black. The reasoning for it as it used to take advantage of a choice locked Genesect and use it as an opportunity to set up.
Second reasoning for Kyurem-Black as latest addition to the team is due to the slight lack of physical power and having walls such as Unaware Clefable being such a trouble for the team to deal with, Kyurem-B's teravolt allows it to ignore Unaware and leave holes inside opposing fat builds.
Kyurem-B has also been chosen as it covers BU Bulu and Special walls as mentioned by CTC, (Thank you) While it doesn't allow opposing Ditto from sweeping either as Magearna has the ability to tank and scare out opposing Ditto.

P.S: I will edit the team's description once I find time to prepare, as I am currently busy with personal projects and other work related stuff.

Once again, thank you for your criticism and feel free to follow the thread for more updates in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)