SM OU Free elo Sub Heracross-Mega set

Introduction

Hey guys welcome to my RMT thread showcasing Sub Heracross-Mega. I made this team a couple of days ago, I was at around mid 1200s and Im sick of losing so I thought I'll make a really good team. Currently sitting at 1600s rn and will still climb on the ladder to try and break 2000s with this team.

The Team

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

My tought process into building this team is to think about a megamon and build around it. Tried a couple of megas before but Heracross-Mega does the trick for me. This is my team's physical wall breaker as it has really strong base attack stat and also learns SD. This guy counters many threats in OU such as Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Magnezone, etc. I usually play this mon in when a hazard setter comes in and sub up to prepare for a potential SD and/or just hit mons with its really strong attacks.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

Next up is ya girl Chansey. This mon sponges up the attacks from Heracross' threats, such as Diancie-Mega, Tapu Lele, Blacephalon, Ash-Gren, etc. Also used as my main hazard setter and status switch ins for my team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Defog

My physical fast boi. I always run double scarf on my teams, one physical and one special. Lando-T here is my main defogger and my pivot for physical attackers. He's here to be fast and also to knock off unsuspecting items on the opponent's team. I prefer Knock Off over Stone Edge because Heracross already covers the rock type move for my team.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Roost

Our zappy birb here is our defensive tank. 20 evs on speed to help him outspeed Magnezones and Adamant Bisharps since it runs Heat Wave. This mon is my Kartana hunter, he tanks 2 Sacred Sword/Leaf Blade from +1 Kartana and OHKOs it with Heat Wave. Beware of Normalium Z Kartanas tho, just pivot to our next guy Magearna to avoid getting OHKOed by Breakneck Blitz. This guys also prevents main threats to our Heracross, such as Hawlucha and Pinsir-Mega.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Shift Gear

This is the mandatory steel type mon in our team. Magearna is my special attack win con sweeper. It becomes fast with Shift-Gear and gets +1 spAtt from its ability Soul-heart. You see the set Im running and you'll say "where tf are the STAB moves?". Well this mon is meant to catch mons that are low enough for killing with Gigavolt Havoc to get that +1 spAtt boost. I really dont need Fleur Cannon as Ice Beam already hurts Dragon types and Aura Sphere deals with Dark types.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Surf
- Dark Pulse

The last mon is my boi Ash-Gren. Really good revenge killer cause its super fast with scarf. This guy is mainly in because it deals with Alakazam-Mega and Choice-locked Psychic Lele. Also sometimes people think scarf Lando-T outspeeds this guy and try to U-Turn so I put Ice Beam instead of Water Shuriken to deal with Lando-T (scarfed or bulky) and Gliscor leads. I also put Surf instead of Hydro Pump for the same reason I put Aura Sphere in Meagearna: I hate the hax misses. Tried putting in Spikes to this boi but I prefer the U-turn for momentum.

Devilish Chansey bulky offense, spicy spicy :psysly:

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere
- Shift Gear

This is the mandatory steel type mon in our team. Magearna is my special attack win con sweeper. It becomes fast with Shift-Gear and gets +1 spAtt from its ability Soul-heart. You see the set Im running and you'll say "where tf are the STAB moves?". Well this mon is meant to catch mons that are low enough for killing with Gigavolt Havoc to get that +1 spAtt boost. I really dont need Fleur Cannon as Ice Beam already hurts Dragon types and Aura Sphere deals with Dark types.
Focus Blast > Aura Sphere, just my opinion
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Surf
- Dark Pulse

The last mon is my boi Ash-Gren. Really good revenge killer cause its super fast with scarf. This guy is mainly in because it deals with Alakazam-Mega and Choice-locked Psychic Lele. Also sometimes people think scarf Lando-T outspeeds this guy and try to U-Turn so I put Ice Beam instead of Water Shuriken to deal with Lando-T (scarfed or bulky) and Gliscor leads. I also put Surf instead of Hydro Pump for the same reason I put Aura Sphere in Meagearna: I hate the hax misses. Tried putting in Spikes to this boi but I prefer the U-turn for momentum.
I suggest you either use Specs Ash-Greninja, or Scarf Protean Greninja, I have had few success with the Scarf Ash-Greninja set as it struggles to do damage prior to evolving and I really missed Water Shuriken on it.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Spikes

Everything aside from these minor tweaks, I really enjoyed the team, it's great

Oh and before I forget, I think Shift Gear + CM is better here on Mag

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Devilish Chansey bulky offense, spicy spicy :psysly:

Focus Blast > Aura Sphere, just my opinion

I suggest you either use Specs Ash-Greninja, or Scarf Protean Greninja, I have had few success with the Scarf Ash-Greninja set as it struggles to do damage prior to evolving and I really missed Water Shuriken on it.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Spikes

Everything aside from these minor tweaks, I really enjoyed the team, it's great

Oh and before I forget, I think Shift Gear + CM is better here on Mag

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Thanks for the feedback. Yea its true scarf ash gren doesnt do alot of damage before transforming so its really a priority for me to get that battle bond activated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)