Found out your card

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
AND IS THIS YOUR CARD? THE THREE OF CLUBS!

1663965928316.png

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SMOGOFF, YOU HAVE BEEN FANTASTIC, GOOD NIGHT!

1663966903476.png

[everyone is applauding as the magician walks off the stage, the applause continues for a minute before the magician walks back onstage, after which the applause gets even louder]

Now...

[the applause starts to die down, but is still clearly too loud to proceed... the magician waits until the room falls silent]

Now... *takes sip of water* now... normally a magician just shows you the card and leaves and you're all happy with that, we've reached the conclusion, that's it, everyone can go home... but that's never the case...

See... I believe that with magic... it's never about the destination.
We already know I find the card, we already know the assistant gets put back together, we already know the escapologist escapes... but we don't know how.
And that's the thing about magic, we never know how. We always think that it's possible for things to go other ways... but it was always going to be the three of clubs, it couldn't be anything else but the three of clubs... and I'm going to show you.

You were always going to pick the three of clubs, I've been preparing this for ages.

You may remember my last thread, Smogoff Round Robin, an instant hit. Literally tens of people saw it and they saw, as they normally would, a robin...
but what you didn't see was that deep within the belly of the robin was this:
1663967601327.png

But a part of your brain did see it, and it didn't tell your conscious mind. Now that I've pointed it out, you can go back to that thread and see it for yourself, and it's obvious, but I knew you wouldn't see it other than the way that mattered...

and that's not the only post.

Many of you saw a post I made where I created the lyrics to a post and thread parody of Bustin' by Neil Cicierega, which in turn is a parody of the Ghostbusters theme song, but many of you probably just scrolled past the lyrics after you got the gist of the joke which means many of you missed this:

If there's somethin' strange postin' in your thread
Lemme tell you somethin'
If there's somethin weird postin' in your thread, ow!
Lemme tell you somethin'
Postin' makes me feel good

Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' po-po-postin'

If you're seeing things postin' in your thread
Yeah yeah yeah yeah!
An invisible user, postin' in your thread
Lemme tell you somethin'
Ow! Yeah yeah yeah!

Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' makes me feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
ON SEPTEMBER 23RD AT ABOUT 10PM DURING MY STAGE SHOW "SOMETHING STUPID THIS WAY COMES" YOU WILL CHOOSE THE THREE OF CLUBS.
Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin'
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' makes me feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Feel good, feel good, feel good

Uh, freaky post baby,
Uh, freaky post man,
Uh, freaky man baby
Uh, Ow! Ow! Ow!

If you're all alone, lemme post in your thread, ow!
(Posting)
Lemme tell you somethin, posting makes me feel good!
(Posting)
I ain't afraid of no post, I ain't afraid of no thread
An invisible thread, a freaky post thread
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' makes me feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' makes me feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, postin' makes me feel good!
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' makes me feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good, postin' makes me feel good!
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin'
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' postin' makes me
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Feel good, feel good, feel good, feel good
(Yeah yeah yeah!)
Feel good, feel good, postin' makes me

(Feel Good)
And again, I'm relying on perception without awareness, PWA, a psychological technique, NOT a type of glue, though throughout the show I have been pumping aerosolised glue into the atmosphere of the Royal Quentin Charles Fissure III Theatre in order to better enhance this effect.

So it was always going to happen, your mind was always being conditioned to pick the three of clubs. In fact... every single post of mine you've consumed within the last month has had this subliminal message telling you to pick the three of clubs... and if you still don't believe me... look at my signature.

[a confused audience reads the magician's Smogon University Forums signiture and a wave of realisation propagates through the masses]

I've been CaffeineBoost, this has been my show, thank you all for coming!

[the magician leaves the stage, the audience applauds even harder than the first time while the credits roll and some music plays that references an earlier part of the show]

I would do a magic trick where the person would follow me on Instagram if I got their card, would do a trick, fail it on purpose. Then be like pwease follow my Instagram, show them a post with their card. Then if they ask me to do it again, I would be like nah gotta follow me first, take their phone to follow me and also upload a picture of a card on their account. Do the trick and tell them to check their account. Pretty good way to get pretty girls Instagrams without seeming like a creep. They probably think you're a virgin nerd tho.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)