Done Forum Usage During the Downtime till CAP27

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Approved by Birkal. One day I'll make a PRC Thread above like 200 words in the OP...

Hi folks,

Open discussion: If we're not going to be creating a CAP in the main forum for a substantial timeframe - and we're not creating one until Gen8 now, we risk the most recent thread being several made several months ago, we're going to look like we've died. Not the best look to be honest. In addition, posts to the main Project Forum tend to achieve higher levels of activity.

Is there anything that should be going in there, that we'd normally be keeping in subforums or elsewhere? I know some members would like to bring Pre-Evolution work across (Agreed !!!), but what else is hidden away and could use the spotlight? More generally, should we be using the forum to spotlight certain threads in the downtime?

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
I'd like to see CAP prevos brought into the main forum, I don't think there is really anything else that would be able to go in there aside from one off things like the Discord icon thread and it would also help bring visibility to the prevo process and hopefully even to the CAP LC format.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I definitely agree with active Pre-evolution threads to appear in the main forum temporarily during the downtime (or permanently I don't mind too much), but I'm not sure what other resources could be brought to the main threads.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
We can certainly look at getting a bunch of prevos looked at and sorted in the down time, starting with Equilibra's first stage.

I think we only have a few of the Gen 4 ones left to go, but there's nothing stopping you from coming up with designs based on what we've seen/know of already!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
History is doomed to repeat itself.

In terms of what Dogfish44 said in the OP, I'm totally fine if we move the pre-evolution process into the CAP main forum for this long gap. DHR-107 maybe we could collaborate and make a "to-do" list of what we'd like to accomplish over these next few months with our pre-evolutions? Hit me up on Discord and we can chat about it. Such a list could be a good sticky in the main forum.

The forum is open for pretty much anything, and users could feel free to start up some sort of forum projects to enhance the community. Here are some ideas off of the top of my head:

1) CAP of the Week - We talk about a single CAP for a week, digging into its history, how it played in its metagame, and how it plays now. We'd have enough time to do all 28 CAPs if we start soon.​
2) FlashCAP Compendium - Sunfished has talked about doing something like this, and making it official would be cool. Just a place to store FlashCAPs, announce them, etc.​
3) CAP Pokedex Compendium - A place to store all of the CAP Pokedex entries. We also maybe want to start up some sort of process for adding Pokedex entries for new generations?​
4) CAP Concept Workshop - A place for people to workshop concepts, talk about concepts they liked, and the like.​
5) CAP What-If Project - A place to discuss "what if" for CAP, with new topics posted every few days. What if Equilibra had Regenerator? What if Smokomodo had Flame Charge? It'd be a fun side project to see how the future may have changed.​

I'll update this as I think of more. If you're interested in running any of these, hit me up on Discord! Or just post them — it is an open forum.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
While I do like ideas Birkal proposed, cap of the week and what-if seem better tailored to the CAP metagame forum.
Regardless, increasing activity in the metagame forum is fine, especially during this down time, and I'd support both of these threads existing.

A flash cap compendium is a fun idea, as is discussion of concepts past and future. These are also both better suited to the main CAP forum.

I'd also recommend a sticky or forum banner or something that suggests users look at the metagame forum, since the main CAP forum is currently on a bit of a hiatus or however you want to phrase it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)