Floating on Air, sunny day and clouds~ OU RMT

Hello, all! My first RMT here, please be kind. (Not TOO kind, I do need to learn xD)

So this team is one I've been using for a bit, gotta pretty decent record with it- some unbelievable wins, some close fights, and unfortunately a handful of losses. Including one curb-stomping by a Zuruzukin(SP?)...

It's rather offensively minded, with a few funny tricks in it that I happen to like. My playstyle leans to messing with my opponent (Pursuit and sucker punch hitmontop is a hilarious way to make any shanderaa user cry inside), so keep that in mind!

Heatran (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Stealth Rock

The first up in this team is, of course, the lead. It took very little time for me to decide on heatran; A bulky one that can do a fair bit of damage if it comes in later, and can lay down rocks fairly easily.
I've seen it take CC off of an Infernape, and that alone won me over ever since. Sub when they put up rocks, then rock'em or slam'em with one of two useful attacks.

Ninetales (F) @ Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Def / 140 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Overheat
- Disable
- Energy Ball

Next up was my sunny gal- I chose balloon for him as well, so if Heatran lost his she could come in free of charge.

You might be surprised to see Disable there, but it's a wonderful feeling to come in, outspeed, and disable an EQ while they break my balloon. Or just hypnosis away! Overheat is worth major damage, and Energy Ball hits other weather-bringers like Politoed or Hippo.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Next came the much-needed sweeper. Nidoking is fast enough and does a lot of damage with Encourage+Life Orb, so his four attacks can be picked out to do a LOT- and under sun, Flamethrower is amazingly good, with fake STAB.

Shandera (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And then comes Shanderaa, the Trapper. Sun-boosted Overheat is potent, even at-2, so if a Pursuiter comes in they still take a heavy hit.
Shadow Ball and Solarbeam are pretty obvious; though T-Tar gives him a headache. HP-Ice is there to smack dragons for massive damage.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 136 Def / 64 SAtk / 136 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Gasp! Swampy? On a SUN TEAM? Why, yes. Though grass types give him trouble, he can usually manage to Roar or smack stuff out easily. The EV's give him some serious bulk, while he's got enough special attack to make good use of Ice Beam. He also carries spare rocks in case Heatran can't do his job.

Leafeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Synthesis
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

I went through Chansey, as a Cleric- to Tangrowth, as a Sweeper- to Leafeon, as a Bulky Sweeper. EV's are set to get plenty of health from Lefties, and sponge EQ's easily. Leaf Blade is his usual attack, though X-Scissor is pretty nice at +2. And more healing?Yes please!

Overall, my team can really mix it up- Swampert and Leafeon have good synergy, and Shanderaa can take out major threats with little trouble.

The most notable issue my team has is with T-Tar, who can ravage much of it with careful switching. I also have a little trouble against Rain teams, but it's not quite as bad with Leafeon there.

I've also had some trouble with Zuru, as mentioned above.

As far as what it can handle- you'd be surprised! With a F/W/G core, and a pretty potent sweeper in Nido, most opponents seem at a loss as to how to handle it, when they don't carry weather of their own. And even then, Ninetales can usually come in a second time once their weather is done to clear the skies. Even a slight ground weakness is no trouble, with Disable paving the way for Nido or Shanderaa.

So here it is- my first RMT. Hope you like, hope you comment, hope you can help me improve on it!

Nice team

Threats
-Calm Mind/Tail Glow Manaphy
-Suicune
-Blissey
-Evolution Stone Chansey

Either of the above pokemon could give you trouble. While Sunny Day does weaken the power of Water type moves, if Manaphy comes in at the right time, you could end up getting swept. Most of them carry Surf/Ice Beam/Hidden Power (Grass)/Tail Glow. With this set, Manaphy could take out all of your team, bar Leafeon, which wouldnt be a problem for Manaphy if the opponent has Shandera. RestTalk Suicune could also give you trouble, with the moveset Rest/Sleep Talk/Ice Beam/Boil Over, Suicune could also take this team out 1 by 1, again bar Leafeon which could potentially get hit with Ice Beam while using Sleep Talk, or if Suicune if at full HP, then the Ice Beam would come first. On another note, Blissey and Evolution Stone Chansey can stall you out. With only 1 Physical Attacker, Blissey and Chansey could stall all day. Once Leafeon is gone, it's only a matter of time before its over.

Solutions
-Blissey
-Evolution Stone Chansey
-Hihidaruma

[box]Chansey @ Evolution Stone
- Nature: Bold
- Ability: Natural Cure
- EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
~ Wish / Softboiled
~ Protect / Aromatherapy
~ Seismic Toss / Flamethrower
~ Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
- Nature: Bold
- Ability: Natural Cure
- EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed
~ Wish / Softboiled
~ Protect / Aromatherapy
~ Seismic Toss / Flamethrower
~ Toxic[/box]

Either Blissey or Evolution Stone Chansey would wall Manaphy and Suicune to hell. One of them coming in forces a switch, and if they don't you can poison them and just Wish/Softboiled until it does enough to kill them. If they carry rest, you can most likely Seismic Toss them out. Try one of them over Swampert, or Heatran (I don't really see his purpose on this team, and then Swampert would be able to be moved to the lead position).

[box]Hihidaruma @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
- Nature: Jolly / Adamant
- Ability: Encourage
- EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
~ Flare Blitz
~ Super Power
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide[/box]

Hihidaruma will wreck Blissey and Chansey with any of these moves. A STAB, Encourage Flare Blitz coming off of base 140 attack can take out almost anything. I've used the Choice Band myself and a Flare Blitz did around 70% to a Burungeru, without the boost from Sunny Day. Try using Hihidaruma over Shandera or Swampert, whatever works best for you.

Good luck.

Hi! I agree with the changes above, but here is another change. Venasaur got Chlorophyll as well and also has the newly buffed Growth which us like using Nasty Plot and Swords Dance at the same time. GL with your team!

(let me get the set)

I've actually tried chansey before, as mentioned, and Venusaur doesn't give a ground resistance.

Though I could see a use for Hihidaruma... I'll give him a try tonight over Swampert >:3

At a quick glance I notice that you could have a hard time with Starmie as she has an answer for every member of your team with Grass Knot. Perhaps a strong user of pursuit could close this weakness for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)