Fletchling [GP 1/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overview
########

Fletchling, a cute bird with an incredibly powerful priority attack when it does not hold an item, uses its unique ability Gale Wings exceptionally well. It has decent Attack and Speed, which it can make use of with its offensive sets. It also has access to Swords Dance, which can allow it to sweep. Its defenses leave a little to be desired, but Fletchling can usually survive an attack or two. Its movepool isn't that great, so it has few options and can be very predictable; most Steel-types can wall it. If you are searching for a late-game sweeper or a priority abuser, then Fletchling is a solid option for your team, though it does need entry hazard support.

SET NAME
========
Name: Swords Dance
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 2: Acrobatics
Move 3: U-Turn / Return
Move 4: Overheat / Flame Charge / Steel Wing
Ability: Gale Wings
Item: Itemless / Berry Juice / Normal Gem
Evs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 36 SAtk / 100 Spd
Nature: Naughty

Moves
========

Set Details
========

Fletchling is a pretty good pokemon for a late game sweep, because it can either withstand one hit or two with Berry Juice or use the Normal gem and spam Acrobatics after most of its counters are weakened. Return good secondary STAB, as it hit Electric-types like Chinchou, which is OHKOed after a Swords Dance and often OHKOed by unboosted Normal Gem after Stealth Rock. The choice between Flame Charge and Steel Wing depends on Fletchling's team; Steel Wing is preferable if the team has problems dealing with Rock-types like Archen, Amaura and Tyrunt, while Flame Charge allows a Fletchling at +2 Attack to OHKO Ferroseed, 2HKO Pawniard, and 2HKO Honedge.

Usage Tips
========

The EV spread provides Fletchling with opportunities to get a boost or attack while still being bulky enough to take an attack and be healed with Berry juice. Furthermore, it allows Fletchling to OHKO Murkrow with a +2 Acrobatics; even Life Orb Murkrow cannot OHKO Fletchling with Sucker Punch. Fletchling, after a Swords Dance, can also 2HKO Pawniard with either +2 Flame Charge or Overheat followed by itemless Acrobatics. Fletchling can survive Meditite's Fake Out and Bullet Punch thanks to Berry Juice and OHKO back without a boost. Gligar has a hard time against this bird as well, as it can be 2HKOed by +2 Acrobatics after Berry Juice is consumed or if it is itemless. This set is best used with hazard support because it allows Fletchling to secure some notable OHKOes and 2HKOes.

Team Options
========

One of the best teammates for Fletching is Chinchou, who can easily switch out with Volt Switch and grant Fletchling setup opportunities against Grass-types like Foongus. Partners capable of setting up entry hazards are also useful; examples include Ferroseed, Pawniard, and Bronzor. Magnemite and Gothita work well with Fletching, too, as they can trap Steel-Type Pokemon and others, respectively, that make Fletchling's job hard. Rapid Spin or Defog support is appreciated, since Fletchling is weak to Stealth Rock; being at full health makes it much easier for Fletchling to withstand priority attacks. Stunky, Bergmite and Drilbur are good Defog or Rapid Spin users to pair with Fletchling.

SET NAME
========
Name: All-Out Attacker
Move 1: Acrobatics
Move 2: U-Turn
Move 3: Overheat
Move 4: Hidden Power Grass / Substitute / Tailwind
Item: Itemless / Berry Juice
Evs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 12 Def / 40 SAtk / 180 Spd
Nature: Naugthy

Moves
========

Set Details
========

This Fletchling is excellent at forcing switches and scouting thanks to U-Turn, allowing it to safely evade its counters. Acrobatics makes this Pokemon an excellent revenge killer. Fletchling's decent Special Attack enables use of Overheat and Hidden Power Grass; the former is for Steel-types, hitting Pawniard, Bronzor, Ferroseed and Honedge, while the latter is good to 2HKO Omanyte and OHKO Tirtouga, although Stealth Rock is needed to avoid Tirtouga's Sturdy. Substitute is another option in the last slot if Fletchling's team does not have issues with the previously mentioned Pokemon, and gives Fletchling a way to beat Sucker Punch users and control Berry Juice.

Usage Tips
########

This set needs to be as fast as possible despite Fletchling's strong priority move, as a fast U-Turn can be very useful to evade a hit while dealing chip damage. Attack is maximized to take full advantage of Acrobatics. Fletchling at full health can withstand Pawniard's and Murkrow's Sucker Punch—or Substitute to avoid them entirely. Fletchling will be grateful for hazards support, since this set can force many switches and gains KOes from Stealth Rock and Spikes damage.

Team Options
########

Ferroseed, Pawniard and Bronzor are good partners. This set works well with VoltTurn cores, so teammates like Chinchou and Mienfoo provide good type synergy as well as Pokemon to U-Turn to. A Rapid Spin or Defog user is helpful to mitigate Fletchling's Stealth Rock weakness, so Stunky, Bergmite, Drilbur and Gligar—the last of which can also add to a VoltTurn core—make for good teammates. Gothita and Magnemite can take advantage of Fletchling's U-Turn to trap would-be counters.

Other Options
########
U-Turn is a useful option over Flame Charge or Steel Wing in the Swords Dance set to scout for potential counters. Substitute can also work with Swords Dance in order to reliably activate Berry Juice and evade status moves such as Will-O-Wisp. Roost is a reliable way to heal Fletchling and works especially well to provide healing should an item other than Berry Juice be chosen.

Checks & Counters
########
One of the best counters for Fletchling is Archen, who can wall the all-out attacker set and check the Swords Dance set. Murkrow can take an unboosted Acrobatics and OHKO back with Brave Bird or OHKO Fletchling with Sucker Punch after Stealth Rock. Steel-Type Pokemon such as Pawniard, Ferroseed, Bronzor, Honedge and Shieldon are good checks; all of them can take hits from Fletchling and do significant back. Tyrunt and Misdreavus can also withstand an attack and OHKO back. Chinchou, Shellder and Slowpoke easily counter the all-out attacker set and check Swords Dance Fletchling, OHKOing or 2HKOing the bird. Finally, Tirtouga and Omanyte are some of the best counters for the Swords Dance set, resisting both of Fletchling's STABs, Flame Charge, and Overheat, and taking little damage from Steel Wing, although they must be wary of Hidden Power Grass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is so fletch

Overheat and Tailwind are worth mentioning in other options. The former smacks Steel-types extremely hard and the latter supports teams well with priority speed boosting.

In Checks & Counters, make a note of Rock-types walling Fletchling, not just Shieldon (which imo is not worth a mention due to viability issues)

Add Slowpoke and bulky water-types like Chinchou as checks; they can sponge a few attacks and cripple it.

Other than that, it looks good imo.

Flame Charge does the same damage after a Swords Dance, that is why I don't put that attack like another option.

About the rock types, I said Tyrunt, Archen and Shieldon.

Updated with the other things, thanks. :]

Last edited:

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I think mentioning Roost if running Normal Gem in Other Options should be done, as priority Roost has utility, as my experience has attested.

This is solid apart from that.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • "Swords Dance" is a superior name to "Physical Sweeper"
  • Make sure youre clear that typically after an SD, the berry juice set can fire off Acrobatics right away as BJ will likely be consumed while the Normal Gem set will have to use Return before it can Acro.
  • Rapid Spin or Defog in team options. Rapid Spin slightly superior because Bergmite is actually a pretty good teammate and doesn't get rid of your own SR, but Defog is OK too with Stunky being probably the only mon that has Defog to actually "synergize" with this set
  • On a 4 attacks set with U-turn, mention Overheat's superiority as pointed out above
Do that and QC 1/3

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
The second set mostly looks good. I was thinking about adding HP Grass for Water/Rock types like Omanyte and Tirtouga, as you're completely walled and used as setup bait by them otherwise. I can't think of a reason why HP Ice or Steel Wing would be more important than HP Grass in light of this, so I'm going to recommend making that fourth move a decisive HP Grass. ♥

Last edited:
Fletchling @ Berry Juice
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind/U-Turn

This is a bulky attacker set that I run as a mid-to-late-game sweeper. With the given EV spread, Fletchling is able to live a suprising variety of powerful attacks, such as Thunderbolt from Staryu and Waterfall from LO Carvanha. It is also one of the best counters to Yanma out there,as nothing it normally carries can KO it. Of course, these attacks are 2HKOs, but this actually works in Fletchling's favor, as it activates Berry Juice. Combine this with Swords Dance, and you have a monster at +2 with a 110 BP priority attack. Realistically, you'll only ever be using Acrobatics, so it is the only move that the set runs. You should really only bring in Fletchling once everything that resists Acrobatics has been eliminated so it can just plow through the rest of their team. Its niche is priority Acrobatics, and is decidedly mediocre if it does anything else. As Acrobatics is a priority move, Fletchling doesn't need Speed investment; rather, investing in bulk makes setting up a Swords Dance much easier. Roost is there to work around other priority users such as Meditite. It also serves as a method to scout what Scarfed Electric-types such as Chinchou are going to do, since it is a priority move. Tailwind serves as an excellent last resort; If you know Fletchling is going to die, you can use Tailwind and send out something such as Meditite to destroy what's left of the opponent's team. However, I slashed U-Turn in there for if you're facing a slower Pokemon that resists Acrobatics such as Honedge. This set is beaten easily by Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types, as well as Pokemon that are bulky enough to live a +2 Acrobatics and can do damage back, such as Gligar. It also becomes neutered if stealth Rock is on the field, as many of the Pokemon that it could normally 2HKO become able to OHKO it easily is it loses 5 HP on switching in.

In my opinion, this set is definitely worth adding to the analysis, due to the ease with which it rips apart weakened teams or teams without a Flying resistance.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should proobably mention checks to fletching morre

Murkrow is gonna win wthth sucker punch
Misdrevous can come in on like everythingng pre-juice and just wow it.
Honedge actuallyly gives no shits.
Tirtouga and other rock types.

I won't give the stamp because there's that set I haven't tested so not yet

Fletchling @ Berry Juice
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 52 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Tailwind/U-Turn

This is a bulky attacker set that I run as a mid-to-late-game sweeper. With the given EV spread, Fletchling is able to live a suprising variety of powerful attacks, such as Thunderbolt from Staryu and Waterfall from LO Carvanha. It is also one of the best counters to Yanma out there,as nothing it normally carries can KO it. Of course, these attacks are 2HKOs, but this actually works in Fletchling's favor, as it activates Berry Juice. Combine this with Swords Dance, and you have a monster at +2 with a 110 BP priority attack. Realistically, you'll only ever be using Acrobatics, so it is the only move that the set runs. You should really only bring in Fletchling once everything that resists Acrobatics has been eliminated so it can just plow through the rest of their team. Its niche is priority Acrobatics, and is decidedly mediocre if it does anything else. As Acrobatics is a priority move, Fletchling doesn't need Speed investment; rather, investing in bulk makes setting up a Swords Dance much easier. Roost is there to work around other priority users such as Meditite. It also serves as a method to scout what Scarfed Electric-types such as Chinchou are going to do, since it is a priority move. Tailwind serves as an excellent last resort; If you know Fletchling is going to die, you can use Tailwind and send out something such as Meditite to destroy what's left of the opponent's team. However, I slashed U-Turn in there for if you're facing a slower Pokemon that resists Acrobatics such as Honedge. This set is beaten easily by Electric-, Rock-, and Steel-types, as well as Pokemon that are bulky enough to live a +2 Acrobatics and can do damage back, such as Gligar. It also becomes neutered if stealth Rock is on the field, as many of the Pokemon that it could normally 2HKO become able to OHKO it easily is it loses 5 HP on switching in.

In my opinion, this set is definitely worth adding to the analysis, due to the ease with which it rips apart weakened teams or teams without a Flying resistance.
I will test this one and add it seeing the results. Some people told me that will do It too.

You should proobably mention checks to fletching morre

Murkrow is gonna win wthth sucker punch
Misdrevous can come in on like everythingng pre-juice and just wow it.
Honedge actuallyly gives no shits.
Tirtouga and other rock types.

I won't give the stamp because there's that set I haven't tested so not yet
Going to add that right now :o

Copyediting: This tag means the analysis is written. It helps if you can leave your analysis with the tag "Quality Control" and (QC 3/3) until it is completely written. Once your analysis is completely written, it needs to be looked over by one of the QC members one last time (this can be one of the 3 that stamped it in the first place). Once a QC member has made sure you have not missed anything, you may append your analysis title with (GP 0/2) and allow the GP team to begin checking it.
Please remove the [GP 0/2] in your title till a QC member gives this the final look over.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Raichy, I'm not sure why, but you removed the titles of the segments... "Usage Tips", "Moves", and the rest of them. Please add them back before receiving your final QC approval.

A bit late ^^, but salac berry+natural gift should be added into other option, or slashed into the main set since since it's actually viable. Natural gift turns into a base 100 damage fighting type move (it got buffed), and allows you to smash rock and steel type switch-ins much better than flame charge/steel wing. It also allows you to use max power acrobatics.

The downsides are that you can use natural gift only once, and that it might be a bit troublesome not being able to use Acro without using natural gift, but it does have its merits, and aids in mid game sweeping or taking out steels for other members of your team.

EDIT: ...And Natural gift with a salac berry gives you a speed boost too! It can be useful for taking out faster Pokemon like chinchou I guess.

Apparently it doesn't give a speed boost lol. Still worth considering I guess.

Last edited:
I know this has been 3/3 QC approved, but not even a mention of Overheat? It does loads to Honedge, OHKOs Ferroseed, and Fletchling won't be alive long enough to set up SD and Flame Charge. Another more gimmicky option I have tried with moderate success is a Focus Sash set. It allows Fletchling to set up on pokes that would normally OHKO it. Also, Gems are unreleased, but even if they weren't, why would one use a Normal Gem over a Flying Gem? It can get the OHKO on Gligar IIRC. Lastly, maybe a mention in Other Options about just not running an item at all? I've had mine die before its Berry Juice activates. Just some thoughts after playtesting. At least an OO mention?

I don't say anything about Overheat in the first set because after a Swords Dance, Flame Charge, does exactly the same damage as Overheat and you can get a +1 preventing of revenge kill from things like Murkrow in next turn. I could mention Overheat in the place of Flame Charge if most people think that is correct. Normal Gem is the only gem available and that is why it is there, it can give you a more control of the item.

Honestly I feel like almost every Fletchling set should be itemless Acrobatics/U Turn/Overheat/Swords Dance. I've tried other sets and this one is hands down the best. Roost and Return are far too situational, but you can be damned sure that Pawniard and Magnemite will be on almost every team. Return hits basically nothing except the occasional Chinchou and Elekid. Flame Charge and Steel Wing are honestly pretty useless, I wouldn't even include Steel Wing in the analysis. +2 Flame Charge doesn't even outdamage Overheat against an Eviolite Pawniard. And that's assuming you actually get a Swords Dance off, which you shouldn't be assuming. Fletchling should primarily be a revenge killer/late game cleanup sort of pivot, because there's a whole lot of stuff it can't even OHKO at +2, like BJ Gligar for example, so in practice, you'll probably be using unboosted attacks a lot more than boosted ones.

I used to run Flame Charge too, but after seeing how pathetic its damage was against Pawniard, I swapped over, I'd suggest you do the same. Roost and Return are good for dealing with Chinchou, but honestly it's better to just U Turn an expected Chinchou switch, you can't priority Roost Volt Switch if you're at full health which is a huge inconvenience.

196+ Atk Fletchling Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magnemite: 10-12 (52.6 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
36 SpA Fletchling Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnemite: 18-22 (94.7 - 115.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

196+ Atk Fletchling Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 1.1% chance to 3HKO
36 SpA Fletchling Overheat vs. 0 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 12-16 (57.1 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Fletchling Flame Charge vs. 164 HP / 108+ Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 12-16 (52.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
36 SpA Fletchling Overheat vs. 164 HP / 228 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 20-24 (86.9 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Deletions
Additions

Comments

(Un-bold all your titles, and always refer to the Pokemon as an "it," not a "he.")
Overview
########

Here, is the cute bird, who has the most powerful priority attack when he doesn’t have any with no item— Acrobatics with 110 base power —because of uses its his unique ability, Gale Wings, exceptionally well. being the main reason to use him. He It has a decent Attack and Speed stats which it can make use of to pull of with its some offensive sets. It also has access to Swords Dance which can allow it to sweep. with the posibility to boost the first one because of his access to Swords Dance. His Its defenses leave a little to be desired, are a little bit bad but despite that Fletchling can usually survive an attack or two. is bulky enough to resist at least one hit of some pokemon. His Its movepool isn’t that great, so that is the reason for what he it has a few options and it can be very predictable; One thing is sure, he has bad moments against most Steel-types, because most of them can wall him it. If you are trying to find something that can work like a late game sweeper or that can abuse of priority with some support of hazard, this bird is a really good option. (This last sentence is awkward; consider revising.)

SET NAME
Swords Dance
########
Name: Swords Dance
Move 1: Swords Dance
Move 3: Return
Move 4: Flame Charge / Steel Wing
Item: Berry Juice / Normal Gem
Evs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 92 Def / 100 Spd Spe
Nature: Adamant

Moves
#######

You need some sort of a Moves section here; explain the moves of this set. Take some of the sentences from the Set Details, add them here, and then add more to both sections; they're going to be pretty sparse with what you have right now.

Set Details
########

Fletchling is a pretty good pokemon for a late game sweep, because he can resist one hit or two thanks to Berry Juice or use the Normal gem and spam Acrobatics when most of his counters are dead or weak. Return is very good for secundary secondary STAB, since it can hit harder Electric-type like Chinchou (who is OHKOed after a Swords Dance and is also likely to be OHKOed with Normal Gem after Stealth Rock damage without any boost) harder. who is 1HKOed after a Swords Dance and has a high percentage to kill him with the Normal Gem after Stealth Rock damage without any boost. The choose choice between Flame Charge and Steel Wings depends of your on the team; because if you have problems to dealt with some Steel Wing beats Rock-types like Archen, Amaura and Tyrunt, whereas the second one is a good option but he works better using Flame Charge, since he can 2HKO Pawniard, Ferroseed, and has a chance against Honedge after a Swords Dance, and they can’t OHKO him back.

Usage Tips
########

The Evs EV spread in HP and Defense gives him provides it a oportunity opportunities to get a boost or attack while still being bulky enough to being able to heal ithimself and OHKO things like Murkrow after a +2 with Acrobatics who fails trying to kill Fletchling with Sucker Punch, even with Life Orb. or 2HKO Pawniard who fails too, and he can outspeed the bird after Flame Charge and finish his work with Acrobatics if he used his Berry Juice already. (That sentence made me question your literacy. I don't even know what you were trying to say at the end. Serious revision needed.) Fletchling can take survive Meditite’s Fake Out and Bullet Punch thanks to his its item and OHKO back without a boost. As well, Gligar has a hard time against this bird as well, because he it can be 2HKOed after a Swords Dance with Acrobatics when the Berry Juice is used. This set is even better if you use him best used with hazard support because it gets some notable OHKOs and 2HKOs.

Below are just a number of damage calculations that demonstrate Fletchling's power:

+2 196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 176 HP / 236+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO
+2 196+ Atk Fletchling Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Honedge: 10-12 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 196+ Atk Fletchling Flame Charge vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Eviolite Pawniard: 10-14 (47.6 - 66.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
+2 196+ Atk Fletchling Steel Wing vs. 236 HP / 76 Def Eviolite Archen: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 196+ Atk Fletchling Steel Wing vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Tyrunt: 22-28 (88 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 196+ Atk Fletchling Flame Charge vs. 84 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 20-24 (90.9 - 109%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Team Options
########

One of the best teammates for Fletching is Chinchou, who can easy switch out with Volt Switch, providing Fletchling with and gives a chances to boost against Grass-type Pokemon such as Foongus. As well, A partner that can set up entry hazards is very useful too, such as Ferroseed, Pawniard, (Does Pawniard ever set up entry hazards?) and Bronzor. Gothita and Magnemite are pretty good with Fletching too also make good teammates since they can trap Steel-Type Pokemon and other ones (Who? Who gets killed or scared out by these Gothita and Magnemite?) that make his job hard can end Fletchling's sweep. A spiner or defoger teammate with Rapid Spin or Defog is grateful much appreciated since he Fletchling is weak to Stealth Rock. Fletchling is susceptible to priority attacks, so and will be very hard for him to dealt agains priority attackers, so Stunky, Bergmite and Drilbur are good teammates. (Why? How do they beat priority users? Who are some notable priority users to watch out for? Since Fletchling has priority itself, why does it need to be afraid of priority?)

SET NAME
All-Out Attacker

########
Name: All-Out Attacker
Move 1: U-Turn
Move 3: Overheat
Move 4: Substitute / Hidden Power Grass
Item: Berry Juice
Evs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 12 Def / 40 SAtk / 180 Spd Spe
Nature: Naugthy Naughty

Moves
#######

You need some sort of a Moves section here; explain the moves of this set. Take some of the sentences from the Set Details, add them here, and then add more to both sections; they're going to be pretty sparse with what you have right now.

Set Details
########

This Fletchling set is one of the best to very good at cause causing a lot of switches and works well to scout the opponent's team easy thanks to U-Turn. who permit him to stay safe against his main counters and sent the best pokemon for the situation. Thanks to Because Acrobatics with has priority, this pokemon Fletchling is an excelent excellent revenge killer. He It has a decent Special Attack stat, allowing it to use Special Attacks to gain coverage, thing such as Overheat and Hidden Power Grass. The first one is for Steel-types, hitting hard Pawniard, Bronzor, Ferroseed and Honedge; the second one is good for some teams that are weak against Omanyte and Tirtouga, since he Fletchling can 2HKO and OHKO respectively, but Stealth Rock is needed to break Tirtouga’s ability Sturdy. Substitute is another option for the last slot if your team does well anyway against if team support handles the Pokemon mentioned before, giving Fletchling a way to beat Sucker Punch users easier and to have a way to control Berry Juice.

Usage Tips
########

This set need to be as fast as posible possible even though Fletchling has a having priority move, since a fast U-Turn can be very useful to evade a hit while he does still doing damage. As well Plus, Fletchling will be using Acrobatics most of the time, Acrobatics, so more EVs are put toward Attack than Special Attack. maximized attack is better than special attack. He Fletchling can resist a hit by Pawniard’s and Murkrow’s Sucker Punch and you can Sub to be safe if you received Stealth Rock damage to prevent the hit anyway. (Wait a minute. Are you saying that Fletchling can survive a Sucker Punch from Pawniard and Murkrow? Your damage calcs are out of whack here. Sucker Punch from LO Murkow OHKOs, and Eviolite Murkrow absorbs anything thrown at it and OHKOs with Brave Bird. I can't even tell what you're saying, but Fletchling should not be trying to take on Pawniard or Murkrow.) Fletchling will be thankful of enjoys entry hazards support, since he it can make force a lot of switchs switches in the opponent side and OHKO or 2HKO some most Pokemon after some recoil prior damage from because of Stealth Rock and Spikes. (Like who? What pokes are notable for needing that extra Stealth Rock and Spikes damage to get KOs?)

Team Options
########

Ferroseed, Pawniard and Bronzor are good partners for Fletchling. (Why?) It is perfect to use him Fletchling with a volturn Volt Switch-U-Turn combo, so mates like Chinchou— which provides very good synergy (Why? What types does Chinchou resist?) —and Mienfoo will be very useful at this work. (Why? What's so special about these two?) A rapid spiner or defoger Rapid Spin or Defog support is helpful because of his Fletchling's Stealth Rock weakness, pairing him with Stunky, Bergmite, Drilbur and Gligar— Who can participate in the volturn combo —will be the best. Thanks to U-Turn, Gothita and Magnemite can be decent teammates, since you can trap easier. (I have no idea what you're even saying after his SR weakness. You seem to just be saying any old poke that comes to mind. You have to explain why certain pokes are better than others at doing a job and do so coherently.)

Other Options
########

U-Turn is a useful option over Flame Charge or Steel Wing to switch out while you do still doing damage and switching in to a teammate that has a better matchup. something that can do better against the pokemon that trys to counter Fletchling. Substitute can work too in the first set, to have a control of Berry Juice and evade status moves such as Will-O-Wisp. Tailwind in both sets can work; Fletchling can provide team support, giving way to a slower sweeper who appreciates a Speed boost from Tailwind. when you see that you have a free turn to support your tea mor just before he dies. Roost is a realiable reliable way to heal Fletchling and will be good if he it has Normal Gem but works too with Berry Juice.

Checks & Counters
########

One of the best counters for Fletchling is Archen, who can wall the all-out attacker set and check very well the Swords Dancer set very well, evading to be 1HKO’d avoiding the OHKO if rocks aren’t Stealth Rock is not up. Murkrow can take an unboosted Acrobatics and OHKO back with Brave Bird or just kill him with Sucker Punch after Stealth Rock damage. Steel-Type pokemon are pretty good checks such as Pawniard, Ferroseed, Bronzor, Honedge and Shieldon; all of them can take hits from Fletchling bar Overheat and do heavy damage back. Tyrunt is another good check who can receive absorb an attack and OHKO back. Misdreavus works in much the same way. same situation that happens with Misdreavuss. Chinchou, Shellder, and Slowpoke counter very easy easily the all-out attacker set and can deal dealt with the Swords Dance set, doing OHKOing or 2HKOing him it. Finally, Tirtouga and Omanyte are one two of the best counters for the Swords Dance set since they resist both STAB moves, Flame Charge, and don’t get take too much damage from Steel Wing; however, they should be careful against the all-out attacker if Fletchling has Hidden Power Grass.
Amateur GP check. Will finish soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I don't have too much time at this moment as I had before, so I will try someone to finish this one or if anyone wants too will be very nice from his/her part. English isn't my main language and I was just trying to help, but looks like it isn't enough so It is better in that way. Not going to butcher your favorite LC pokemon anymore, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)