TM152 Giga Impact
TM160 Hurricane
TM163 Hyper Beam
TM164 Brave Bird
TM167 Close Combat
TM171 Tera Blast

New Ability:
Costar
-- When the Pokémon enters a battle, it copies an ally's stat changes.

Pros:
+ Fighting/Flying combined with Scrappy is perfect coverage (minus Kilowattrel I guess)
+ High base power moves backed by a good 115 Atk
+ Access to boosting moves like Swords Dance and Agility
+ Access to some support moves like Taunt, Tailwind, U-turn, and Low Sweep
+ beating your opponent with a lawn ornament

Cons:
- 115 Atk is usable but not stellar in today's metagame
- 90 Spe is below average
- 82/75/64 bulk with lackluster resistances provides little defensive utility
- Other abilities are not worth running
- Faces stiff competition with stronger, faster mons both new and old

Tera Potential:
- Fighting Tera-type adds an Adaptability boost on top of Scrappy Close Combats
- Steel Tera-type makes Flamigo neutral to Fairies/Psychics and immune to Poisons switching in on said CCs, and resists most priority moves

Potential Sets:

daft pink (Flamigo) @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Tera Type: Fighting / Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt / Tailwind / Liquidation

Flamigo takes inspiration from previous Scrappy users Pangoro and Sirfetch'd and packs as much power as it can behind Close Combats that hit everything. Brave Bird provides another high BP move that nails resists like Fairies, Psychics, and Poisons. U-turn is an escape against fat mons like Toxapex. Since CC and BB cover everything together, the fourth move is flexible. Taunt can shut down mons that try to set up or heal in front of Flamigo, though locking yourself into it can be an issue. Tailwind can be used to support the rest of Flamigo's team. Other moves like Liquidation or Throat Chop hit things like Clodsire, Hippowdon, Espathra, and Glimmora but CC or BB do similar amounts of damage. Jolly nature maximizes Flamigo's mediocre Speed while Adamant reaches maximum damage output.

flamango tango (Flamigo) @ Life Orb
Tera Type: Fighting / Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Agility
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Taunt / Substitute / Swords Dance / Agility

This set goes along a similar route to fellow Fighting/Flying Hawlucha by utilizing a boosting move or two to attempt a sweep. CC and BB again are perfect coverage with Scrappy. Taunt protects against phazing moves like Roar and Whirlwind. Substitute sponges weak attacks to make set-up opportunities. It is possible for Flamigo to run a double dance set with SD and Agility, using whichever move is more effective against an opponent's team.

All in all, I really like Flamigo. I doubt it will see much use in OU, being power crept by...a lot, yet it has a niche with Scrappy Close Combats. And I don't know about you, but I've been waiting for a flamingo Pokemon for like twenty years and this does not disappoint.

I don't see any real use for him in OU but I think SwordsDance/Agility with Sub would be fun enough to try. He's clearly designed with doubles in mind, which I'm sick of them giving us cool Pokemon just for VGC (especially since I can't see this one being particularly great in VGC anyway).

One strategy I've seen frequently employed in doubles is comboing Flamigo with Dondozo and Tatsugiri.

By setting it up so that Tatsugiri faints after activating Commander (done by giving them a Toxic orb and Endure while an ally uses explosion), Dondozo will keep the 2x stat boost but still allowing you to send out Flamigo; who can then copy the stat boost with Co-Star to get 2x to all stats themselves.

This Pokemon looks like a pre-evolution of :Zapdos-Galar: that has the benefit to hit Ghost-types. I've been playing the Choice Band version with Liquidation in the last slot to take Ground-types such as :Clodsire: by surprise. I hope this will be a fine choice maybe in RU or NU.

Flamigo@ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Fighting/Flying
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn
-Reversal/Copycat

I encourage people to give this pokemon a try. Choice Scarf is the best item as it patches up its below average speed and makes it a formidable threat. It has just enough speed to pull this off and it gets close to perfect coverage and Scrappy allows it hit Goldengo super effectively. It essentially as a free moveslot for the last move, but Reversal can be a great option for the overall power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)