SS RU First RU Attempt

Hey everyone! I haven't really been playing any competitive pokemon for a long time but lately i've been wanting to try RU SS Singles. I built my team around a Togekiss, Metagross, and Regidrago core. In addition I also included Raikou, Mienshao, and Piloswine to my team. I am not familiar with RU so I just kind of created this off of my few battles that I experimented this team with within the tier. Please feel free to give suggestions on alternate team members, moves, EV spreads etc. I feel like I especially need to mixup EV spreads as mine seem to show a bit of a trend.

Note: This team is also very experimental so please feel free to give lots of suggestions.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam

This set for Togekiss is pretty simple with two STAB moves, roost to recover HP, and Defog to remove any hazards on field. Togekiss was added as part of the core but i didnt want it to be purely defensive at the conception of my team so I gave it a modest nature with 252 spA and HP investment in order to make it an all around bulky special attacker.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

In all honesty, this Metagross set is taken from a Metagross set i would commonly run in gen VI. Metagross is very naturally bulky through its defenses and it fit in well with the idea i had for a steel/dragon/fairy core. It also benefitted greatly from having its high attack. Thus I i made it adamant and invested heavily in HP, placing the rest of its investment in attack and special defense. Bullet punch is always good for a STAB priority move. Meteor Mash and Zen headbutt are also solid STAB moves. Furthermore, Earthquake is there for coverage.

Regidrago @ Leftovers
Ability: Dragon's Maw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thunder Fang

Regidrago is the third pokemon of my main core. At first i hesitated towards using it but i decided on doing so in the end after all. It has a pretty common sweeper set with 252 atk/ 4spD /252 Spe and an Adamant nature. Its combination of dragon dance, and outrage can do serious damage to most mons that arent resistant or immune to it. Furthermore, thunder fang is there for coverage. Substitute is there for a switch prediction as it would allow me to get another dragon dance/kill next turn.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Aura Sphere
- Scald
- Light Screen

Raikou was my answer to the lack of speed my team had. It has high special attack and speed with a full special attack and speed investment to compliment it. Scald and aura sphere are for coverage. Meanwhile Volt Switch allowed me to swap out very easily while dealing serious STAB damage from a life orb STAB volt switch. After some consideration and looking at the tier i added light screen to raikous set instead of the ever-so-common thunderbolt.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Mienshao is similarly fast and offensive to makeup for my somewhat slow team. It has a jolly nature as it is a physical attacker and to add to its speed. It has fake out to do some small damage, high jump kick for strong STAB, knock off for coverage and to knock off items, and poison jab for additional coverage.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Ice Shard

Piloswine is where it gets a little weird. This Piloswine set is mostly due to some of the bigger threats of the tier. These include Darmanitan and ZyDog. It has a high HP and high attack investment in order to be a tanky mon supplemented by its eviolite. Stealth rocks is handy as rocks generally are for hazards. High horsepower is a solid coverage move. Curse is a solid setup especially in the case of ice shard. Meanwhile Thick Fat also gives it an extra layer of thickness and defensiveness.

Thanks! All and any advice would be great! :)

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
Hlelo there, cool team, but it could use some improvements.
For example, your Togekiss set shouldn't run a max spa, especially when its role is to defog hazards. You said u wanted it to be a bulky special attacker and it is able to do that, but u would have to run Nasty Plot along with it. Dazzling Gleam on Togekiss is super mediocre and it has nothing of value mainly bc Air Slash does just everything 100x better. SOOOO, I would just replace Dazzling Gleam with Nasty Plot (also remove the 252 spa and make it speed) to make it a bulky set-up sweeper, while filling the role as ur hazard removal.

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost

Now, for Metagross, Assault Vest is not really a good item on it because it fails to pressure bulky water-types such as Gastrodon, Milotic, and Suicune. I also noticed while scanning through your team u lacked speed control, yes, Mienshao could have been scarf, but I would rather keep it as a wallbreaker for now. Anyway, Metagross is able to run Choice Scarf and provide some sort of speed control. Also when running Scarf Metagross u are able to cripple common switchins like Steelix, Incineroar, and Seismitoad with Trick, making them prone to Hazards or losing their only recovery.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Regidrago: I personally wouldn't use Regidrago on this team especially with a set like that because DD mainly belongs on Hazard Stack / Screens.
Regidrago is also a MU fishy Pokemon, DD can only beat 1 Fairy-type Pokemon and that's Togekiss, but u would need to run max HP for it to not break sub with Air Slash. I would just swap Regidrago for another Dragon-type Pokemon like Dragalage, Dragalge provides a lot of useful utility such as Toxic Spikes, being able to pivot, and all that jazz. It can also threaten some Stealth Rockers, such as Cobalion, and is a great chandy check which ur team struggles to switch-in to.

Dragalge @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Flip Turn
- Toxic Spikes

Raikou: Not much to change for this Pokemon other than making its item HDB(heavy duty boots). Raikou hates getting chipped by hazards, Raikou doesn't need the Life Orb much since your set doesn't provide any wallbreaking potential. I would also change Light Screen to Toxic, bc that set fails to hit Gastrodon and Seismitoad effectively. I would also change Scald to Thunderbolt bc it provides more power and u already have Aura Sphere to hit Rhyperior and Toxic to weaken other Ground-Types.

Raikou @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- Toxic

Mienshao: Not much to change here just remove fake-out for U-turn and make it Close Combat over High Jump Kick. Hjk isn't needed on this type of set, u should only run HJK on CB sets, but even then u can run CC if u fear missing.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Piloswine: Piloswine is completely unviable in RU we have better Stealth Rock setters. You also lacked Water-immunity, so u can run Seismitoad over Piloswine as it is a great check to Sharpedo, Suicune, and Barraskewda. Seismitoad provides a lot of utility by being able to put Stealth Rocks up and Toxic opposing Water-types which help Metagross weaken its switch-ins. Seismitoad can also force elec-types like Xurkitree and Toxtricity in to 50/50s.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Anyway, this should be ur final team. :Togekiss::Metagross::Dragalge::Raikou::mienshao::Seismitoad: (click on sprites to access the team)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)