First RTM

Hello, i'm here to show you my first successful VGC 2014 team on Pokemon showdown. I got up until 1500 points with it but stop going up afterwards. Maybe there's some problems with it and I really want to know them. I hope you can help me ;)

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

I started to build my team with Chandelure and Hydreigon. They are 2 of my favourite pokemons and I really wanted to try them on this format.

This core has 2 weaknesses: rock and dragon (fairy also hits a little hard). So i decidet to put a strong pokemon that resists both of these types, and who could be better than mega-mawile??

with these 3 poke I already have a nice core: ghost dragon fairy. I decided to put mienshao for some reasons that ill explain later.

with 2 slots remaining, I decided to put rotom-w because it fits incredibly well with my team.

In my final slot, I put venusaur. It also fits well with my team and gives me a immunity to leech seed and spore.

IN-DEPTH TEAM:

Chandelure
@ Choice Specs
Ability: Infliltrator
Nature: Timid
IVs: 31,0,31,31,31,31
EVs: 188HP, 60SpA, 40SpD, 220Spe

--Shadow Ball
--Fire Blast
--Heat Wave
--Energy Ball

I'm trying to make chandelure my main sweeper. Shadow Ball hits a lot of stuff neutrally and can KO treats such as gardevoir (BIG TREAT to Hydreigon) and gengar (although the last one can out-speed and maybe kill chandelure). Fire blast to kill the steel types (especially mega-mawile, another BIG TREAT to Hydreigon; aegislash is KO-ed by fire blast too, even in def form). the main Objective with chandelure is to do the most KOs possible with is great coverage.

Hydreigon
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
EVs: 76HP, 252SpA, 180Spe

--Draco Meteor
--Dark Pulse
--Fire Blast
--Flash Cannon (or Dragon Pulse)

Another great sweeper. Hydreigon's function is to out-speed almost all the meta except another dragon scarfers and do a lot of KO s with Chandelure. dark pulse kills the ghost faster than chandelure and it hits a lot of pokes neutrally too. Fire blast for coverage and Flash cannon for incoming fairies (that may switch in for a dragon move).

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Careful
IVs: 31,31,31,31,31,31
EVs: 252HP, 52Atk, 4Def, 180SpD, 20Spe

--Play Rough
--Iron Head
--Sucker Punch
--Protect

As i said in the intro, mawile covers the 2 main weaknesses of my chandelure/hydreigon core. so I use a defensive one ( more specifically the one Ray Rizzo uses) to take some hits while doing a lot of damage to other dragons( still KO them exept defencive ones) and even rock types too. i also use it for intimidate support since my team is not that defencive.

Mienshao @ Wide Lens
Ability: Reckless
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31,31,31,31,31,31
EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe

--Fake Out
--Quick Guard
--High Jump Kick
--Rock Slide

Mienshao is a great pokemon, but outclassed by scrafty. I prefer using mienshao because of fake out support ( even if scrafty gives it too), KO mega-kangaskan with high jump kick if well predicted (that could change a game), rock slide for fire types ( specially talonflame and mega charizard Y) that are treating to mawile and quick guard to counter prankster. I prefer Wide lens so i dont miss HJK or Rock slide when I need the most (trust me they failed me a lot before i use this item).

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252HP, 116Def, 4SpA, 132SpD, 4Spe

--Hydro Pump
--Thunderbolt
--Will-o-wisp
--Protect

Rotom-W is clearly one of the best pokemons in this format. it can burn a lot of physical mons and completely stop talonfame. it alsao fits the team because it gives another ground resistance and it only weakness (grass) is covered by 4 pokemons.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
EVs: 228HP, 4Def, 252SpA, 4SpD, 20Spe

--Giga Drain
--Sludge Bomb
--Protect
--Sleep Powder

My final Pokemon. I'm definitely able to take the mega stone for another item, but im not sure what.
I put venusaur for the immunity to leech seed and spore status, and it gives good coverage too. the main use of it is the ability to kill fairies( exept mawile) with sludge wave, whitch really helps my team.

CONCLUSION:

I think my team is preety solid, and I really enjoy using it. The main couters to the team are rain and trick room, as im thinking of pokemons that can handle them.

I hope u enjoyed my RTM, probably not that good, since its my first one ( and English is not my native language, I'm Portuguese). U can help me improve it :)
thanks for reading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)